Options

2018 Euro Merch

Comments

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,038
    JDime20 said:
    Am I the only one disappointed that the stickers just follow a template and aren’t unique?
    You mean you don't like the red and black oval with a statue on it for every single location?  You want variety?

Shame on you...
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    PJ_Soul said:
    You are totally right, but unfortunately that's a futile request. While some won't provide income to these people (I sure won't), there is no way in hell that these fucking flippers aren't going to find plenty of fans who don't give a shit about anything besides getting what they want.
    include me here  lol
    i ONLY go to ebay now to buy my posters that i want/need. paid 2.5times the list price for telluride and was happy with the purchase!!
    i don't mind paying anyone to wait 2+ hours in a line to get me a poster, one that gets delivered to my home with zero hassles a week after the show! especially in a place as beautiful as telluride. 2+ hours in a line up for a poster...no thanks!!
    morally it's wrong but so is the way PJ handle merch/posters for real fans who go to the shows...so i don't care anymore  ;)
    right now i'm looking for seattle 2018 stickers and will pay 3 times face value...anyone want to get me one/two please PM me!!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    PJ_Soul said:
    You are totally right, but unfortunately that's a futile request. While some won't provide income to these people (I sure won't), there is no way in hell that these fucking flippers aren't going to find plenty of fans who don't give a shit about anything besides getting what they want.
    include me here  lol
    i ONLY go to ebay now to buy my posters that i want/need. paid 2.5times the list price for telluride and was happy with the purchase!!
    i don't mind paying anyone to wait 2+ hours in a line to get me a poster, one that gets delivered to my home with zero hassles a week after the show! especially in a place as beautiful as telluride. 2+ hours in a line up for a poster...no thanks!!
    morally it's wrong but so is the way PJ handle merch/posters for real fans who go to the shows...so i don't care anymore  ;)
    right now i'm looking for seattle 2018 stickers and will pay 3 times face value...anyone want to get me one/two please PM me!!
    Yes. I refuse to waste time in cool city waiting in line.  Peak insanity was NYC 2015, almost was late to the Colbert show taping because I was inline for stuff.  They didn’t even have what I wanted, when I got to the front. Never again!!!
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    PJ_Soul said:
    include me here  lol
    Yes. I refuse to waste time in cool city waiting in line.  Peak insanity was NYC 2015, almost was late to the Colbert show taping because I was inline for stuff.  They didn’t even have what I wanted, when I got to the front. Never again!!!
    Agreed.  I take my chances with the 10c and artist drops.  If I miss those, I just save up and buy on Facebook or eBay.  Its just not worth waiting hours in line, especially if I’m traveling to a new city 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    PJ_Soul said:
    include me here  lol
    Agreed.  I take my chances with the 10c and artist drops.  If I miss those, I just save up and buy on Facebook or eBay.  Its just not worth waiting hours in line, especially if I’m traveling to a new city 
    There's the line.  Which is such a stressful cluster.  No rhyme or reason, often a mass of people feeding randomly to 3 or 4 workers who work at different paces.  You also get the people who get to the front who dont yet know what they want, and also check out various sizes and styles... 

And also the curse of lugging a poster around a show... if not, additional time transporting the poster to a hotel and/or a car. 

As far as everything else, I'm pretty much checked out.  I don't feel like my style is concert or band tees or hoodies any longer.  Stickers I like, but I dont need to froth at the mouth for concert ones.  Plenty of cool stickers come from many sources.  Zippos, wallets, any miscellaneous items, I am completely immune to at this point.  

I like to have a poster from each show I go to, and also (occasionally) spot a must-have (like "the catch").  Im not joining that frenzy at the show merch stand unless Im johnny on the spot.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    PJ_Soul said:
    include me here  lol
    Yep.  I won't even wait in line in my own city.  The whole scene has gotten absolutely ridiculous.  
  • Options
    KICK7071KICK7071 In My Tree, ON Posts: 712
    edited June 2018
    Yep.  I won't even wait in line in my own city.  The whole scene has gotten absolutely ridiculous.  

I saw the lines at Amsterdam and said F it!  Went for a burger and beers instead.  Much more civilized ! 
    Post edited by KICK7071 on
    Toronto 10-05-2000 / Toronto 06-28-2003 / Toronto 09-19-2005 / Toronto 05-09-2006 / Buffalo 05-10-2010 / Toronto 09-11-2011 /
    Hamilton 09-15-2011 / London - Canada 07-16-2013 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Ottawa 05-08-2016 / Toronto 05-10-2016 / Toronto 05-12-2016
    Amsterdam 06-12-2018 / Amsterdam 06-13-2018 / Chicago 08-18-2018 / Boston 09-02-2018 / Boston 09-04-2018 / Quebec City 09-01-2022 / Ottawa 09-03-2022 / Hamilton 09-06-2022 / Toronto 09-08-2022 / New York City 09-11-2022 / Chicago 09-05-2023 / Chicago 09-07-2023 / Austin 09-18-2023 / Austin 09-19-2023
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    include me here  lol

I too am in this boat. I don't mind paying extra if that means less hassle for me. I thank the flippers for that.

But I do not agree with the flipper who's buying 20 posters. That's taking it to far.

• Options
    js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    For a band that took ticketmaster to task over inflated charges for "real music fans" this all seems like a massive F'ck you.  If I want a poster,  to a gig I paid to see,  I shouldn't have any trouble getting one.   

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,038
    PJ_Soul said:
    include me here  lol
    I went up to you and said Hello on that line.

What a mess that was.  It's the last time anything made was "limited".  Those hats and posters were limited.
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,058
    js261067 said:
    For a band that took ticketmaster to task over inflated charges for "real music fans" this all seems like a massive F'ck you.  If I want a poster,  to a gig I paid to see,  I shouldn't have any trouble getting one.   

"Real music fans" buying tickets to a show and buying merchandise from a concert are two different things. The merch is buying a souvenir. The band has made buying the bootleg CDs/MP3s an option for the music fans, and those are easy to obtain. Buying merch is no different than getting a t-shirt from a Hard Rock you visited.
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    JT167846 said:
    No mate different animal each time. Milan had a side on snake so only two eyes. That is the one least likely to give you a migraine.
    Awesome. In that case I'll probably give it a bit more consideration when I get to Madrid. That's assuming that they're keeping the specific city thing going for festival dates, which some bands do and other bands don't. Does anyone know did they have specific shirts for the festivals that they played at so far on this tour actually? I'm really excited to see them again now. It's been 8 years since I last managed to catch them live.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    js261067js261067 Posts: 125
    hihobibo said:
    js261067 said:

"Real music fans" buying tickets to a show and buying merchandise from a concert are two different things. The merch is buying a souvenir. The band has made buying the bootleg CDs/MP3s an option for the music fans, and those are easy to obtain. Buying merch is no different than getting a t-shirt from a Hard Rock you visited.
    If it was generic,  tour wide merch,  I'd agree.  But every show has unique items,  i.e.aimed at those attending that show.  If those people can't buy it because people are buying in quantity to flip,  then it completely undermines the gig specific principle.  If I can't buy a poster because same asshat has bought 'my' copy and sold it someone in the US for 5 times it's value,  how is that "Fair?"

• Options
    kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    Could someone post some pics of the last items please?
  • Options

I too am in this boat. I don't mind paying extra if that means less hassle for me. I thank the flippers for that.

But I do not agree with the flipper who's buying 20 posters. That's taking it to far.

IF the people behind the counter sell a flipper 20 posters/pins/stickers/hockey jersey etc then i now have a better chance of buying an item, than if they only sold them one!! the flippers win and i win. i like winning  ;)
    and if emek is doing seattle 2018 posters please someone buy me one and i will pay 2 times face value!
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    We need a new show at a new venue in a new city with a new poster to talk about..... ;)
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,779

IF the people behind the counter sell a flipper 20 posters/pins/stickers/hockey jersey etc then i now have a better chance of buying an item, than if they only sold them one!! the flippers win and i win. i like winning  ;)
    and if emek is doing seattle 2018 posters please someone buy me one and i will pay 2 times face value!
    So the person behind the flipper that gets shut out because of this means nothing to you? 
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

2 times face value might not cut it though. How about 3-4-5 times? I Don't think you will get an emek for $70
  • Options
    PJNB said:

So the person behind the flipper that gets shut out because of this means nothing to you? 
    you are correct. IF the people selling the merch at the shows and the PJ organization don't care then why should i care?
    it's quite obvious that PJ flipping has been going on for well over 10 years so i have hit the wall and don't care anymore. LOL
  • Options

2 times face value might not cut it though. How about 3-4-5 times? I Don't think you will get an emek for $70
    ok if emek is doing PJ seattle 2018 i will pay 4-5 times face value   ;)
    hit me up people. i have the cash waiting
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,002
    Wow, that went quick
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,779
    Shit had one but sold out as I was about to complete it. 
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

DAMMIT

Had the EMEK in my cart for 0.01 seconds and it was instantly sold out. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    That was as immediate as it gets
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    Wow! Got it in cart, then sold out. I don’t think I even blinked!
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 1,997
    so close!
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,374
    Paypal seems to take longer, not be faster. Did not get.
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

How does ANYONE score an AP EMEK??!!!!!!!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Has anyone ever scored an Emek through that site? How is it in an instant? I clicked to finish paying and gone.....oh well
    The best revenge is to live on and prove yourself - EV

• Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    edited June 2018
    Made it in the cart as well, and that was it. Oh well, that's life.