Comments

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Wait for the "raffles" if you think Ebay is greedy
    Someone posted a raffle for the Emek before the show even started for $442. But yeah, keep bitching about ebay, everyone.
    People need to let the gambling impulse pass and not participate in the waffles like this, particularly for the newer posters.  I get it for the older, more rare posters and for the fundraising that occasionally happens.  But when something goes straight from the merch stand to the FB page, that's outrageous.  
    Do you have any idea how many raffle pages there are?  PJ isn't the only one. They have them for Sperry, Spusta, Welker, Emek.  Basically any piece of art you can think of there are raffles going on for them.

It's crazy.
    Yes I understand; however, PJ prints are certainly at the higher end of this spectrum.  There are plenty of Sperry's that are sitting around unsold for $100.  A Miami PJ Sperry is substantially more expensive.  I can't think of any band prints that command a higher price today than PJ ones.  I'm not saying that I've reviewed them all, but it's definitely at the upper end.  

I paid $100 for a DMB Tsang from a Tampa show where I was too late, 2 years ago.  It's a much, much better looking one than the PJ one from Amsterdam.  The PJ one will go for triple I'm sure, for a long time. 
    It' has definitely  gotten out of control.
    the only poster I'm looking for, or need/want, is the Miami Sperry. But not at the price that one is currently listed for on ebay.... $645 and sure to be more when it closes.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    Someone posted a raffle for the Emek before the show even started for $442. But yeah, keep bitching about ebay, everyone.
    People need to let the gambling impulse pass and not participate in the waffles like this, particularly for the newer posters.  I get it for the older, more rare posters and for the fundraising that occasionally happens.  But when something goes straight from the merch stand to the FB page, that's outrageous.  
    Do you have any idea how many raffle pages there are?  PJ isn't the only one. They have them for Sperry, Spusta, Welker, Emek.  Basically any piece of art you can think of there are raffles going on for them.

It's crazy.
    that one for used Tempo socks is just the worst

Things you can't unread!!! :rofl:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,777
    Kearn5y said:
    PJNB said:
    The main reason I hate waffles besides the instant flipping is because there are people that have no clue the math or odds on anything they do. I have seen people complain they have only won 3 out of 84 tries. No shit you did. That is pretty much the odds in a 1/26 waffle. They are just gambling and then shocked when they do not win and throw their money away. There is enough of a community though that when these people are broke or sick of losing someone else that has no clue what they are doing takes their place. In the meantime the people that always get the AP's and SE of sought after prints come out way ahead. 
    Only one flip required with this waffle maker
    Related image
    The easy cleaning is a great selling point for me. 
  • Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,695
    PJNB said:
    Kearn5y said:
    PJNB said:
    The main reason I hate waffles besides the instant flipping is because there are people that have no clue the math or odds on anything they do. I have seen people complain they have only won 3 out of 84 tries. No shit you did. That is pretty much the odds in a 1/26 waffle. They are just gambling and then shocked when they do not win and throw their money away. There is enough of a community though that when these people are broke or sick of losing someone else that has no clue what they are doing takes their place. In the meantime the people that always get the AP's and SE of sought after prints come out way ahead. 
    Only one flip required with this waffle maker
    Related image
    The easy cleaning is a great selling point for me. 
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bella-Rotating-Belgian-Waffle-Maker-Brand-NEW-In-Box/272662008593?epid=24011369800&hash=item3f7bec1311:g:L18AAOSwwbdWGqKo
    Kearnsy
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    The Emek is excllent as an art print.  Would love to have one without "Pearl Jam" on it.  As a show/gig poster, it doesn't work for me.  None of these do. Milan is the closest.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,637
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's crazy.
    Yes I understand; however, PJ prints are certainly at the higher end of this spectrum.  There are plenty of Sperry's that are sitting around unsold for $100.  A Miami PJ Sperry is substantially more expensive.  I can't think of any band prints that command a higher price today than PJ ones.  I'm not saying that I've reviewed them all, but it's definitely at the upper end.  

I paid $100 for a DMB Tsang from a Tampa show where I was too late, 2 years ago.  It's a much, much better looking one than the PJ one from Amsterdam.  The PJ one will go for triple I'm sure, for a long time. 
    the only poster I'm looking for, or need/want, is the Miami Sperry. But not at the price that one is currently listed for on ebay.... $645 and sure to be more when it closes.
    I stood in line in the hot Miami sun for about 3 hours for that print...and it was totally worth it.  
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,038
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's crazy.

That Sperry print stayed at $100 for the longest time.  When more PJ fans started to like Sperry the prices went up but that print should only be $250 if it's not an AP.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    The raffles have basically put flipping on steroids.  
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:
    The raffles have basically put flipping on steroids.  
    Right!  It's turned supply and demand on its head, as people are now pooled resources of money.  It also feeds those with a gambling habit.  
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,476
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's crazy.

I stood in line in the hot Miami sun for about 3 hours for that print...and it was totally worth it.  
    I agree, that was one hot day without any shade around
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's crazy.

A favorite for sure....but damn it is huge and cost a mint to frame
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's crazy.

Didn't I buy that one for you???
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's crazy.

Ft. Lauderdale
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's crazy.

Yeah exactly.. I had to pay to have that one done since it was so large and non-standard frames.  Brutal.  But it has the prized spot in my house...bedroom ceiling.  
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,984
    There are no pennants on sale so those are posters. It's all fuckin stupid
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's crazy.

Ft. Lauderdale
    Ahhhh, couldn't recall, knew it was one of them :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    There are no pennants on sale so those are posters. It's all fuckin stupid
    I think it is an old pic from the Fenway shows. Look at the green shirt in the bag on the floor. I could be wrong but I think I remember that pic from 2016. 
  • Options
    BLACK35 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's crazy.

You sold me your tix!  Thanks again!  Great seats.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's crazy.

Yeah exactly.. I had to pay to have that one done since it was so large and non-standard frames.  Brutal.  But it has the prized spot in my house...bedroom ceiling.  
    funny, I spent like 400 to frame and 200 for the print AP, because I missed the drop. Ebay was helpful that day.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I really don't think those are posters in that picture.  Unless that dude can find a bunch of people who are ok with 3-4" badly bent corners.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    BLACK35 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's crazy.

You sold me your tix!  Thanks again!  Great seats.
    Oh ya, forgot all about that. Glad you liked
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    I really don't think those are posters in that picture.  Unless that dude can find a bunch of people who are ok with 3-4" badly bent corners.

that's true, but whatever he's up to in that picture just doesn't sit right.  
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246

that's true, but whatever he's up to in that picture just doesn't sit right.  
    It looks like he has a green shirt and pennants.....I think it is from Boston 16.

Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    mrussel1 said:
    RP112579 said:
    MayDay10 said:

It's crazy.
    that one for used Tempo socks is just the worst
    Heard the rules are super stiff over there
  • Options
    raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
    just_one said:

and that´s how you can afford an european tour going to almost all dates!

buy +10 posters @ 30€ and sell them for between 250€/350€ each!

@Santos L. Halper @Sea im pretty sure something can be done to avoid this right?
    Some people have a nice jobs and can afford to follow their favorite band around, others don't .. don't knock another mans hustle ..the struggle is real jaja

I live in Mexico right on border. I buy Harley parts in Texas , bring across border and resell at rate cheaper that Harley sells in Mexico but I still make a nice profit. Am I a flipper for taking advantage of this Hustle??

I don't have an extra grand laying around to go to Rome, so if someone does go and buys a product for $35 and then sells to me for $500, guess what I just saved $500 to get what I want. More power to him....he put in work to get ME what I want and if I am willing agree with markup my business. If they sold out and YOU didn't get one ...damn get up earlier homie.Simple solution....
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    This is going to be good
  • Options
    willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    raystrey said:
    just_one said:

@Santos L. Halper @Sea im pretty sure something can be done to avoid this right?
    Some people have a nice jobs and can afford to follow their favorite band around, others don't .. don't knock another mans hustle ..the struggle is real jaja

I live in Mexico right on border. I buy Harley parts in Texas , bring across border and resell at rate cheaper that Harley sells in Mexico but I still make a nice profit. Am I a flipper for taking advantage of this Hustle??

I don't have an extra grand laying around to go to Rome, so if someone does go and buys a product for $35 and then sells to me for $500, guess what I just saved $500 to get what I want. More power to him....he put in work to get ME what I want and if I am willing agree with markup my business. If they sold out and YOU didn't get one ...damn get up earlier homie.Simple solution....
    difference is ... and Question for you, is there a lineup at the Harley Parts shop in Texas waiting to get their hands on these parts? Only to walk away disappointed because you took them all. 
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,046
    Its tenclubs responsbilitY to limit people buYing 10 posters. Not the one doing it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    NinetytworulesNinetytworules Boston Posts: 454
    raystrey said:
    just_one said:

difference is ... and Question for you, is there a lineup at the Harley Parts shop in Texas waiting to get their hands on these parts? Only to walk away disappointed because you took them all. 
    Common sense??? That never works on the internet.
  • Options
    raystrey said:
    just_one said:

I agree with getting up earlier if you want the poster. Some peoples lives do not allow this including mine and that sucks but that is just the way it is.  Also think if you put the time in line and bought the allowed quantity those posters are now yours to do with as you please. If 10 club wanted to stop the flipping they would drop it to 1 per person but they can not even keep them honest at holding to 2.

I do not agree with people being allowed to buy 10 posters 20 stickers and 20 pins plus a bunch of other shit just because the merch worker is getting payed minimum wage and does not give a rats ass. The quicker the posters sell out the easier the day it is for them work wise and not having someone that is officially with the band around really hurts this process.