Options

2018 Euro Merch

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,117
    Crap. I really wanted an awful design. Wanted this poster, but not into the merch craze. Still selling Milan poster here? That’s what I wanted for Rome ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    I heard from multiple sources at the show of people buying 10-15 posters EACH, then the supplies running dry. Other people were buying 4, so others tried to but their server wouldnt. These sales are run by local people so it is nothing the band can influence in real terms or the management. Instructions are given to limit and if they are not followed what can they do?

Greed always wins in the end. 
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    js261067 said:
    What is the real world cost to the club to do a reprint?  Naff all.  Just make a statement saying they guarantee Anyone who wants a poster can order one in the shop after the show and shit like this will die overnight.

No reprints, ever.  

Thank you.
    Exactly. 
    Mandate limits and things will be OK. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    pdalowsky said:
    I heard from multiple sources at the show of people buying 10-15 posters EACH, then the supplies running dry. Other people were buying 4, so others tried to but their server wouldnt. These sales are run by local people so it is nothing the band can influence in real terms or the management. Instructions are given to limit and if they are not followed what can they do?

I tend to trust Paul.  Crazy that after years of this people are still walking away with an armful of posters
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,117
    pdalowsky said:

I tend to trust Paul.  Crazy that after years of this people are still walking away with an armful of posters
    Band don’t care. That’s ok, I’d rather they focus on the playing live and making a damn album. But it’s clear that they just don’t care at this point. Not a priority, so I made it not a priority for me either rather than deal with being pissed if about a piece of paper. 

Sucks - which you could pre order a show poster but that ain’t happening.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    pdalowsky said:

Wow.  So glad I got out of the merch game like others. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    mcgruff10 said:
    pdalowsky said:

wish I could quit the poster game... maybe one day.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,900
    lolobugg said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    pdalowsky said:

I pick up one here or there but not nearly as many as I used to. I think at one time I had close to 50 posters. Now I just have the ones framed on my wall. I might get a wrigley one this year but who knows. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,051
    How can it be so hard to enforce a 1-2 poster limit? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    How can it be so hard to enforce a 1-2 poster limit? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

lost in translation? 

Limite di 2 poster per cliente!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    lolobugg said:
    you can. i did, as did many others. stay strong. and these days i don't wait in line for any merch or hang out online waiting for a santos drop. i just buy what i really need from ebay. ebay always has what i need. game over. no need to battle anymore!!
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    lolobugg said:
    you can. i did, as did many others. stay strong. and these days i don't wait in line for any merch or hang out online waiting for a santos drop. i just buy what i really need from ebay. ebay always has what i need. game over. no need to battle anymore!!

I guess. as long as I don't wait too long. I REALLY needed that Charlotte 2013 poster and it would've cost me an arm and a leg if my wife hadn't won an online raffle.

EDIT: BTW... I only buy posters from shows that I attend.  unfortunately that has been 30+ shows plus 4 more this year.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Im stuck in the game :neutral:
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    I’m just laughing because people said this only happens fir US shows. 
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,374
    Im stuck in the game :neutral:
    I think its fun, but I stopped waiting on massive lines on show days. I got the catch coming out for a beer at Fenway 1. When I have bad luck, ebay it is. Not worth 5 hours to then maybe not even get it and miss the city you are in.
  • Options
    RC74272RC74272 Posts: 26
    edited June 2018
    js261067 said:
    What is the real world cost to the club to do a reprint?  Naff all.  Just make a statement saying they guarantee Anyone who wants a poster can order one in the shop after the show and shit like this will die overnight.

No reprints, ever.  

Thank you.
    Can you explain why a second print run is such a bad idea?
    Any scheme that elimates the scalpers and allow fans who want a poster to get one at face value from 10C (rather than eBay) would seem to be a good thing?
    Post edited by RC74272 on
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,990
    Same I'm out . It's easy.
     Just get one here and there. But in the end. No stress just if it's now and then . No problem. I got other people my allowance of 2 posters in London one for each person. I was in line for bloody socks for guess who? So I was in line anyway!
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,241
    RC74272 said:
    js261067 said:

No reprints, ever.  

Thank you.
    Any scheme that elimates the scalpers and allow fans who want a poster to get one at face value from 10C (rather than eBay) would seem to be a good thing?
    Poster artists are NOT 10club or Pearl Jam employees.  The band does them a favor by hiring them, it allows them to sell their AP’s at a cost they seem fit and make profit.  The original size print run is what makes the print so desirable. You can’t always get what you want.
  • Options
    BigRed21BigRed21 Posts: 9
    RC74272 said:
    js261067 said:

No reprints, ever.  

Thank you.
    Poster artists are NOT 10club or Pearl Jam employees.  The band does them a favor by hiring them, it allows them to sell their AP’s at a cost they seem fit and make profit.  The original size print run is what makes the print so desirable. You can’t always get what you want.
    You can still limit the number of prints in an AP run making them costlier anyway and continue to make profit.  I want prints for the way they look, not because they are limited.  I just seems like the current way allows all the "middlemen" to make all the money.  If I'm going to drop 5x the face value for a poster, I'd much rather it go to the artist that created it than the person flipping it.
  • Options
    BigRed21 said:
    RC74272 said:
    js261067 said:

No reprints, ever.  

Thank you.
    You can still limit the number of prints in an AP run making them costlier anyway and continue to make profit.  I want prints for the way they look, not because they are limited.  I just seems like the current way allows all the "middlemen" to make all the money.  If I'm going to drop 5x the face value for a poster, I'd much rather it go to the artist that created it than the person flipping it.
    Exactly. Increase supply to meet demand, whether via 10C or the artist is immaterial as long as the profit is redirected away from eBay. How the artist or 10C wants to split the profit from a post show sale is up to them. It’s clear that many people on here feel like they are having a bitter experience with the current set up hence an alternative approach might be worth consideration. 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited June 2018
    I’m going to see Pearl Jam at Wrigley for the 4 and 5th time, respectively.
  • Options
    EM194007EM194007 Posts: 2,827
    edited June 2018
    Thanks Santos and all at 10C for the quick shipping. The Tsang print just got dropped off.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,801
    I’m going to see Pearl Jam at Wrigley for the 4 and 5th time, respectively.
    Can you please pick me up 2 of every poster, 5 buttons and 2 shirts in every size? I’ll buy you a beer. 
  • Options
    RC74272 said:
    BigRed21 said:
    RC74272 said:
    js261067 said:

No reprints, ever.  

Thank you.
    Exactly. Increase supply to meet demand, whether via 10C or the artist is immaterial as long as the profit is redirected away from eBay. How the artist or 10C wants to split the profit from a post show sale is up to them. It’s clear that many people on here feel like they are having a bitter experience with the current set up hence an alternative approach might be worth consideration. 
    I can solve this problem easily.....only attend shows with super shitty posters....I have my four eyed cowboy from the show in Oakland.  Lots of them at the time-could walk right up and get as many as I wanted.  Hell, if I wanted a duplicate I could grab one right now from Ebay for almost free....
  • Options
    RC74272 said:
    BigRed21 said:
    RC74272 said:
    js261067 said:

No reprints, ever.  

Thank you.
    I can solve this problem easily.....only attend shows with super shitty posters....I have my four eyed cowboy from the show in Oakland.  Lots of them at the time-could walk right up and get as many as I wanted.  Hell, if I wanted a duplicate I could grab one right now from Ebay for almost free....
    Ha! Thats supply over demand in action right there!
  • Options
    LN241653LN241653 Cambridge Posts: 163
    Someone(supposedly a pj fan) on eBay has this poster on for £500 smackers, this is just crazy, please no one buy it, he also has a football top on for £400, all we can do as a group is out them and don’t buy anything.

SAY NO TO FLIPPERS
  • Options
    LN241653 said:
    Someone(supposedly a pj fan) on eBay has this poster on for £500 smackers, this is just crazy, please no one buy it, he also has a football top on for £400, all we can do as a group is out them and don’t buy anything.

SAY NO TO FLIPPERS
    What's the username?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Oh I see it. Fuckin ass hat.  I may well message him.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,695
    Oh I see it. Fuckin ass hat.  I may well message him.
    Do a google search for the ebay name and it shows up a member from here
    Kearnsy