124»

Comments

• Options
    sigh eternallysigh eternally Chicago Posts: 421
    this is my song.
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    VEDHEAD27 wrote:
    LONG OVERDUE BUMP as I sit here listening to my "Top 25 most played" playlist on Itunes. Yep..you know what song is on there. ;)

Really....loved this song to begin with but after going through some shit with a significant other last year...DAMN Hector, you're so right~ the song was reborn (to say the least). Sooo much love for this song. Everytime I listen to it I just feel so strong and relieved...not to mention kinda sore in the neck from rockin out. :D haha. Best of all worlds right here.

Shit, but this line definitely rips some hearts out...

"I paid the price never held you in real life "

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! So much power & emotion in this song.

I also love on live versions where Ed completely belts out at the end......"hey hey aaaaahhh, hey hey aaaahhhh" :o:D

LOVE THIS SONG & this is intro is definitely one of the greatest ones I've ever heard. There's just too much goodness going on here. :D
    ok, ok, its a great fuckin song. AND i havent heard it in a while. merkin ball rocks! all 2 songs on it! how about another one i havent heard in a while: peace and love from neil youngs mirrorball, with eds lyric at the end, great tune.
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    Wow, this thread is old. I just realized that. :D

One of the best PJ songs EVER. Sounded great in Ottawa! :)
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Been a month and way too many days since this has been BUMPED.
    ;)

Overcasty days lately and this song just FITS the mood of it all so perfectly. :o

Getting this powerful punch night II of the HOLY SF TRIO made it all the more holier. :D Ooooh and what Matt is adding at the very end?? Hoooly crap! :eek: Ah I just remember as soon as we heard that gorgeous yummy strummy intro Meddledeal and I turning to each other and freaking the hell out....side by side belting out "I GOT MEMORIES I GO SHIIIIIIIIT" at the top of our lungs. :D What a rush of life right there! It really is so empowering! Having this AND Inside Job back to back too? Woooow. Whole new levels of strength. :o

The thing I adore about this one, like someone else said, is that the emotion here is just so real and raw. It's strong and broken all at once...and that's totally reflected in the actual music too. How it's a "gentle" but hard rockin song. I love that!

My god EDDIE! You are too much! Frickin musical mastermind. Jesus!
    I gotta agree with my Meddle here, this is truly one of your greatest!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    Thats funny I have NEVER heard I Got Shit on the radio.......and Im in supposedly one of the biggest markets in the United States.......(L.A).....This better be out for the Rarities!!!
    Tha's because in LA and NY radio suuuuuuuuucks!
    Trust me I am from NJ and the best stations are NJ stations in this area.
    Anger is a gift
  • Options
    spina81spina81 Posts: 18
    Despite the fact I've been listening PJ for 10 years, I've discovered this song just after Pistoia concert, this means only a few weeks ago (shame on me!!!!!!). By the way, I think it's a great song, the intro so calm and then......so powerfull!!!
    Crazy Mary
  • Options
    JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    peace and love from neil youngs mirrorball, with eds lyric at the end, great tune.

I'm about to cry each time I hear Ed's voice on taht song... awesome !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • Options
    I probably identify with this song more than any other PJ song...the lyrics kill me...
    Do you see the way that tree bends?
    Does it inspire?
    Leaning out to catch the sun's rays
    A lesson to be applied
    Lollapalooza 8.5.07
    Gorge 7.22.06, 7.23.06
    Summerfest 6.29.06, 6.30.06
  • Options
    ifkaifka Posts: 28
    great great great beautifull song...... i love it.........:)) yeah....
    ...how i choose to feel...is how i am....
  • Options
    pjrvmpjrvm Posts: 99
    One of my faves, slips in and out of the top 5 all the time.
    I can really identify with the song tonight. I won't bore you all with any details.

I have a live version I think it's from the 06 tour where in the "outro" Eddie changes around the lyrics to say something that sounds like
    "oh I'll take a bow, I'll never love you anyhow.... ohhh ohhh I'll take a bow I'll never hold you in real life."
    when it's typed out it seems like it would sound shitty, but the way he sings it is incredible.
  • Options
    luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    Shit=problems or Shit=something to smoke ???
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • Options
    luxpjamer wrote:
    Shit=problems or Shit=something to smoke ???

...i got memories...i got shit...

i think it maybe means i got shit ...ya know in my head..like im a little fucked up or a little scarred....but hey...i know when im carrying...i say ...i got shit !!!!! yeahhhhhhhhhhh oh hell yeah!
    ...It's only after disaster that we can be resurrected...
    it's only after you've lost everything ...that you are free to do anything....(Fight Club)

... I'll ride the wave...where it takes me....
  • Options
    Dustin51Dustin51 Posts: 222
    Incredible song. I dont know how many times ive blasted this in my truck singing it at the top of my lungs thinking about a past relationship. Just sums that feeling up so well. That hopeless, I'm a piece of shit, no one will ever love me feeling.
    Be excellent to each other