Options

Iiiiiii Got Shit!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    nothingman_pgmnothingman_pgm Mexico City Posts: 10
    For me is the Pearl jam's most emotive song, is just amazing.....

I paid the price, never held you in real life.

Peace, see you, partners.
    1998-07-10, 1998-07-14
    2000-10-25
    2003-06-05, 2003-07-17, 2003-07-18, 2003-07-19
    2005-11-22, 2005-11-23, 2005-12-09, 2005-12-10
    2008-06-11, 2008-06-12, 2008-06-14
  • Options
    Originally posted by ReleaseLetharman
    OH come on nobody else fucking loves this song???????? This is a top 5 all time PJ song right here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ah screw it, MODS lock this up, I ll take it with me and listen to it alone!!!! That way I can listen to this song all day without interruption!!!! They dont deserve it!!

I FUCKING ADORE THIS SONG!!
    There's a lot to be said for nowhere....
  • Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I've been listening to this song all day and thought this thread needed a big ol' BUMP!

OMG this song KICK ASS!!!! Those drums and that bass?!! :eek: Loooove it. Combined with Ed's emotional fuckin voice and those emotional, intense words and that beauituful yet rockin guitar...well all of those things make this song what it is...fuckin incredible!!!

:D
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    one of the greatest songs, EVER. the emotion in Eddie's voice when he sings it just gives me chills, every time!
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,702
    Yes I love this song and I'm ashamed to say that I only heard it for the first time this year!
  • Options
    Originally posted by EKluvsPJ
    Yes I love this song and I'm ashamed to say that I only heard it for the first time this year!

Dont feel bad......So did I....and i love it now more than ever....this song helped mend a broken little heart I came to know earlier this year.....didnt think anything could...but.................The magic of PJ.......:)
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    The Dallas verison KICKS ASS!!:D I often say this song is my theme song at the beginning of this year...I am SO glad I got it!!

"got all these questions don't know who i could even ask
    so i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream
    where i'm not ugly and your lookin' at me
    and i stare you back
    oh blue eyes, i've seen it
    if just once i could feel love
    oh stare back at me, yeah.. "

This line got to me SO much...I remember when Eddie said after the WMD, along the lines to if you didn't find it, then you got shit!" and this song came on, and I freaked out!! This, and Light Years...shit, it gets to me!!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    Dont feel bad......So did I....and i love it now more than ever....this song helped mend a broken little heart I came to know earlier this year.....didnt think anything could...but.................The magic of PJ.......:)

Hey that's amazing .. this song helped me get over something too. I'm not sure why .. but everytime I hear it I feel emotionally uplifted in some way. As soon as I feel sad about anything I listen to this song.
  • Options
    Hey that's amazing .. this song helped me get over something too. I'm not sure why .. but everytime I hear it I feel emotionally uplifted in some way. As soon as I feel sad about anything I listen to this song.

Oh totally!!!!!........I didnt think anything could help speed up the process...(of course I still think about her.....)...but boy did it really help.........I dont anything else could have had this effect on me.........Leave it to PJ to once again restore a little faith.

:)

• Options
    Oh totally!!!!!........I didnt think anything could help speed up the process...(of course I still think about her.....)...but boy did it really help.........I dont anything else could have had this effect on me.........Leave it to PJ to once again restore a little faith.
    :)

And it's just nice to get your self esteem back once you get over someone isn't it? (btw did wearing a "moo moo" help?) ;-)
  • Options
    And it's just nice to get your self esteem back once you get over someone isn't it? (btw did wearing a "moo moo" help?) ;-)

Its just that you feel so down when it happens.........like some long endless winter night..........(that was beautiful wasnt it?);)

I wont ever regret what I felt for this person, but it's a scheme that must come full circle.......Now it's my turn to experience my own little slice of heaven......(hopefully).....bout goddamn time. :)

"If just once I could feel love
    Oh stare back at me, yeah"

• Options
    TheSkyEtcTheSkyEtc Athens, GR Posts: 65
    awesome..
    as you can see one of my favs
    if not THE ONE..
    A whisper through a megaphone
  • Options
    The first time I heard this song was in Boise in 2000. It was so awesome when they played it, so much emotion
    “DON'T TELL ME this IS REAL because it is the edge chunk of what I feel!”

-Michael McClure
  • Options
    I love "I Got Shit". I agree, it's definately one of their best songs, or at least one of my favorites.
    Confucius say:
    Man who walk through airport turnstile sideways going to Bangkok.
  • Options
    me too, me too.........that's always been one of those songs when i hear it, i have to hear it a few times in a row...it's such an awesome song...i remember i first heard it in college....went out and bought the cd...i always called it "i got shit", too...never called it "i got i.d." i love how it begins
    i feel so high, the sky i scrape
  • Options
    "I don't know who the fuck to ask!"-Dallas, 6/9/03 AWESOME lyric change. :D

I agree w/the rest of you guys, I mean, this song is SO powerful, so many PJ songs are, but this and Light years are so meaningful. Loveb4Life, I know what you mean, there was a lot of emotion in Dallas when I first heard this song, it was one of my top 10 songs I wanted to hear live.

So glad that I did, but to the rest of you guys who haven't heard it live, don't worry, you will:) there is hope!!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Monyc'Monyc' Posts: 35
    just finished a 7 years relationship... just can say I GOT SHIT!!!!
    17/07/2003 Mexico City
    18/07/2003 Mexico City
    19/07/2003 Mexico City
    11/09/2005 Kitchener Ca
    12/09/2005 London Ca
    13/09/2005 Hamilton Ca
    15/09/2005 Montreal Ca
    07/12/2005 Monterrey Mx
    09/12/2005 Mexico City
    10/12/2005 Mexico City
  • Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    I fuckin' love this song!!
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Originally posted by Monyc'
    just finished a 7 years relationship... just can say I GOT SHIT!!!!
    ditto ... I can totally relate ... I really hate men sometimes!

on a better note I absolutely looooove this song - one of my top 5 of all times...
  • Options
    GOOSEBUMPS ~ Every single time I listen to it!!!
    I will feel alive as long as I am free
  • Options
    I will never stop loving this f'n song............takes me to a better place.

• Options
    LOVE the Buffalo verison of this song. Each time I hear it on the radio or on my stereo, I drop EVERYTHING and start singing along to it. It gets my stress out a lot of times:D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    "I Got Shit" is one of my top five. I love it so much! it has so much emotion in it and it is very fitting for my mood right now especially. I think I will be playing very loud all day today.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me..." -'Release' PJ
  • Options
    listening to this right now!

• Options
    Hell yeah Hector! I've been aching for this one for a few days now. I think I am about to go put on the Boston 2 version of this bad boy. This song really does kick some major ass. Kickass intro, the way it builds up is super intense and kickass, hearing Ed scream out all this anger and then tone it waaaaay down and sing his pretty little heart out. Oooh man...I just love how it all fits together. GREAT song! :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    Hey Lyd,

I've been stuck on this one for a few days now.......Again!!!
    It helped me out when a certain little lady attempted to rip my guts out. But she did no harm, as I put on the boys, this song especially.

Pearl Jam, what can't they do?
    :D

• Options
    Nice RL!!! :D Sup bro!

This song JUST came on and I JUST saw this thread...had to post. :)

"oh i walked the line when you held me in that night
    i walked the line when you held my hand that night "

Nice one. ;)
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    Well holy shit! Here is another song that is re-the fuck-born during times of trouble!!!!!! I've been listening to it more than ever. It's been speaking to me in ways it never did before. THIS SONG SAVES BIG TIME!!!!! What a way to kick your ass, save you and lift you the fuck UP all at once!!!!

I LOVE THIS SONG!! I'M TAKING OVER THIS THREAD! :D

muhahahahahaaa

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    Q-Tip18Q-Tip18 Posts: 21
    Is it really called "I got shit"? I still own the CD called Mirror Ball that it was released on (scratched but spinning). Niel Young plays the main guitar part. I'm so glad you guys fixed me up on the lyrics. I always thought it was "a coffin in the middle of the sea" but a cup is fifty times better. Trust Eddie. This song is killer. It sounds effortless but good songs always do.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VEDHEAD27
    Well holy shit! Here is another song that is re-the fuck-born during times of trouble!!!!!! I've been listening to it more than ever. It's been speaking to me in ways it never did before. THIS SONG SAVES BIG TIME!!!!! What a way to kick your ass, save you and lift you the fuck UP all at once!!!!

I LOVE THIS SONG!! I'M TAKING OVER THIS THREAD! :D

muhahahahahaaa

No way......you can borrow it for the moment.. but dat ass belongs to me!!!