Options

Iiiiiii Got Shit!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Oh alright! Well same goes for you and my HOLD ON thread then. Dat ass is originally mine, I'm just letting you borrow it for now too. You're the temporary owner. Don't get too cozy though. I shall reclaim dat ass. ;) haha.

Yeah, I've been all about I GOT SHIT lately (I actually just put it on right now *on repeat mode of course* ;) ) Incredible! I love how it's a sad song but it's a rockin sad song. You don't see that happen too often. It really puts a new spin on things. As sad as some of the words sound, the aggressive way that they are sung really creates this strong feeling for me. Thank you PJ gods for a song that can rock me, comfort me and also help me get some aggression out. It's perfect and much appreciated!
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    *coughDALLASverisonROCKScough*;)

One of my favorites and great song to listen to when you are hurt or just want to let your hair down:D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    Listening to the Dallas boot verison of this song, and such an empowering and sad song at the same time.:(

"I've got memories, I've got SHIT!!"

wishing you could be loved by that person once again, that you had them at one point, but they slipped away from you, and now they are happy w/a new love, while you are there going through the motions.

Talk about a year ago this song being my THEME, and now since I went through a break-up, now i know the real meaning of this song from a lover's perspective.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    With ya.....

'I got memories, I got Shit'
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Originally posted by ReleaseLetharman
    With ya.....

'I got memories, I got Shit'
    such a great line, love how ed just spits it out!
  • Options
    stonemadstonemad Posts: 46
    needs bumpin' this baby
    ".....it sounded like flying.....to me......"
  • Options
    So much it dont shooooooooooooooooooooow..................

• Options
    gaetperigaetperi Posts: 8
    IN THE END DONT WE REALLY ALL HAVE SHIT? IF THERE IS ONE OF MANY PRIME EXAMPLES WHY EDDIE IS TRULY A GIFTED VOCALIST, POET, CONVEYOR OF PURE, RAW, HUMAN EMOTION, AND HUMAN BEING, IT IS THIS GUT WRENCHING, HEART BLEEDING TUNE. THE WALING OF THE GUITERS ALWAYS FELT LIKE IT WAS EDDIE'S STOMACH TURNING FRO THE EMOTIONS. AWSOME!!!
    YOU KNOW THIS MANS IS AWSOM WHEN I HEARD TONY KORNHEISER OF ESPN RADIO SAY THAT EDDIE IS ONE OF THE GREATEST VOCALISTS OF THIS GENERATION.
  • Options
    i forgeti forget Posts: 281
    Extremely powerful song! I'm hooked.
  • Options
    Love this song and it deserves a BUMP!!

Everytime I hear this song it makes me want to get up and jump around to it's lyrics. This is one of Eddie's best songs ever!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    i forgeti forget Posts: 281
    I'll forever treasure this song. Thanks, Eddie.
  • Options
    I got memories..................

It's all I got

• Options
    Originally posted by ReleaseLetharman
    OH come on nobody else fucking loves this song???????? This is a top 5 all time PJ song right here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ah screw it, MODS lock this up, I ll take it with me and listen to it alone!!!! That way I can listen to this song all day without interruption!!!! They dont deserve it!!

earlier in the week i put down my favorite songs on another thread and this was one!! i have never ever loved a pearl jam song more than this one.
    ReleaseLetharman we could be the bestest friends ever!!
    Thanks for the post. I will listen as i sleep.
    "It's an occupational hazard just trying to live. So there's nothing to do BUT move forward." E. Vedder

i have played games with pieces and rules

• Options
    this song is unreal. one of their best lyrically.
    And after all this, won't you give me a smile?
  • Options
    jaxxjaxx Posts: 17
    Awesome song.

Only recently discovered this version from Soldier Field 95 - Ed REALLY rips into it, heaps of emotion (listen to first 'shit')...

http://gdlive.com/xtras/PearlJam/7-11-95%20Chicago/08_I%20Got%20Shit%20(7-11-95).MP3
  • Options
    Mr PyjamaMr Pyjama Posts: 253
    This is probably my favourite PJ song at the moment, along with Sad, the lyrics show Ed at his best, and its just one of them songs that never tires.

This song is pure PJ at their best!
    Situations get fucked up and turned around sooner or later...
  • Options
    AMAZING song
    7/9/03 @ MSG
    10/1/05 @ Borgata
  • Options
    I just got the Touring Band 2000 DVD last week, and that's when I heard 'I Got Shit' for the first time. I had to listen to it about a dozen times, and at the end of my inspection, I've come to the following conclusion: WOW!
    Really cool song.
    THE END IS NE
  • Options
    I got memories, I got shit!!!
  • Options
    I got memories, I got shit, m, mmm, m,mmmm
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    It is my favorite song of all!!!!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    heaveheave Posts: 159
    i love I got shit.... great fucking tune!!!
  • Options
    great fucking tune alright

i'll respond to your posts
  • Options
    i got memories i got shit

For this line I love the song!
    BANZÄÄÄ

When he was six, he believed that the moon overhead followed him
    By nine, he deciphered the illusion, trading magic for fact, no trade-backs
    So this is what it's like to be an adult?
    If he only knew now what he knew then
  • Options
    One of their very best no doubt. No other song by PJ better describes a person losing it all in life!
    ".....this land is mine, this land is free
    i'll do what i want, but irresponsibly
    it's evolution baby...."
  • Options
    Great music, Great lyrics. This is definitely a top 5 song.
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    I am praying that this song is played at either Boston I or II! I will think I've died and gone to heaven!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    LONG OVERDUE BUMP as I sit here listening to my "Top 25 most played" playlist on Itunes. Yep..you know what song is on there. ;)

Really....loved this song to begin with but after going through some shit with a significant other last year...DAMN Hector, you're so right~ the song was reborn (to say the least). Sooo much love for this song. Everytime I listen to it I just feel so strong and relieved...not to mention kinda sore in the neck from rockin out. :D haha. Best of all worlds right here.

Shit, but this line definitely rips some hearts out...

"I paid the price never held you in real life "

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH! So much power & emotion in this song.

I also love on live versions where Ed completely belts out at the end......"hey hey aaaaahhh, hey hey aaaahhhh" :o:D

LOVE THIS SONG & this is intro is definitely one of the greatest ones I've ever heard. There's just too much goodness going on here. :D

"Lo√e, you know the word

• Options
    What a tremendously beautiful song. The haunting, yet uplifting tone quality of everything within the song..simply gorgeous...

My lips are shaking, my nails are bit off..it's been more than a week since i've heard myself talk..all the advantage this life's got on me..picture an antique cup in the middle of the sea...

This song rips inside, deeply....
    "Everyone wants to be the sun that lights up your life, but I'd rather be your moon so I can shine on you during your darkest hour when your sun's not around."
  • Options
    AMEN my dear sweet reachdown12! You said it perfectly! It rips deep indeed and definitely has this haunting feeling to it as rockin and kick ass as it is...and HELL YES it lifts ya up! :D

It's been pouring rain all day. :) I don't know why this song is SOOO perfect on a raining day but it truly is. :o It just compliments the mood of everything so perfectly. I love it! Like we said...definitely a multi purpose PJ song.

"If just once I could feel love, oh, stare back at me."

SHIT! That line kills me everytime! :o

{{THANK YOU PJ}} for yet another song that continues to fuel my with smiles& strength while also making me rock my brains out. :D

"Lo√e, you know the word