London’s knife violence

2»

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    They are desensitised i believe. They don't see pain or danger. The local group trying to combat this say they fear nothing . Not police or prison. Or another person
    Sure, desensitized, but not by media.
    They are desensitized by their own violence, if they were ever sensitive to begin with.  Every schoolyard fight or asswhooping from an asshole father is another step toward greater violence. 
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • rgambs said:
    More violence from desensitized people...
    More of this?  Come on, it's a ridiculous premise that's been shown to be worthy of ridicule over and over.

I don't know exactly who these gangs are and what proportion of the knife attacks can be attributed to them, but I would agree they have been desensitized. Why would you disagree with such an assertion? A normal human being doesn't stick a knife into another human being. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    rgambs said:
    More of this?  Come on, it's a ridiculous premise that's been shown to be worthy of ridicule over and over.

I don't know exactly who these gangs are and what proportion of the knife attacks can be attributed to them, but I would agree they have been desensitized. Why would you disagree with such an assertion? A normal human being doesn't stick a knife into another human being. 
    Oh, maybe I made a mistake, I thought that post was by the poster who keeps saying video games and movies are the desensitizing force that's causing murders.
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,710
    Oh yes i meant from life and surroundings not media
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    They are desensitised i believe. They don't see pain or danger. The local group trying to combat this say they fear nothing . Not police or prison. Or another person
    Most gang members live in a near constant state of danger and heightened fight or flight response. 
    True
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Me, an Aussie, in London...
    "haha that's not a knife...."
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    Thoughts dundee
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Thoughts dundee
    Hahahaha! 
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    edited April 2018
    Please tell me you own a hat with corks on and a croc tooth necklace? Maaaate
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Please tell me you own a hat with corks on and a croc tooth necklace? Maaaate
    Nah man lol
    edited April 2018
    Oh man. Its an awesome look. Seriously though these are all young mainly fatherless teens. No positive male role model and they are saying social media needs to step up to the plate and stop some of the esculation of anger and violence through you tube/Snapchat/twitter and fb.  Seems that its fuelled on there then builds into a post code (zip code)rivalry. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

I have a Kakadu Kangaroo skin hat I wear gardening and boating.
    Awesome
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• LongestRoadLongestRoad Posts: 477
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:

Oh, maybe I made a mistake, I thought that post was by the poster who keeps saying video games and movies are the desensitizing force that's causing murders.
    I didn't say it was the only factor but it sure has contributed. I always get way more flack about my view on this by people in the video game industry. I wonder if there are any posting here. 
    I have to say music also doesn't help. Have you listened to grime music. A lot of glamorising guns and drugs. And pretending they are all so hard done by
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Ambulance vandalism: Bins and scooters used in attacks
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-46511576?fbclid=IwAR30vjxEa7zBHYMcPEt57hSb1owtWG1aYpENVbVcWsXCe4llfLpDd9NENyg

Why vandalizing ambulances?  That's fucked up.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited December 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    London considers banning knives after murder rate surpasses that of NYC.  What’s next, rocks? Fists?  Maybe if you banned people from going outside?
    https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/500328002
    In Sweden you are not allowed to carry a knife in public spaces. I don't see or understand you feeling the need for sarcasm.

"The Law on Knives and Other Hazardous Goods, (1988: 254), often shortened "the knife law", is a Swedish law prohibiting the possession of knives and certain other types of items in public places, in the school area and in public vehicles if they can be used as a weapon for breach of life or health. [1] The Act also prohibits the sale or transfer of such items to persons under 21 years of age.
    The law include, for example, knives, stilettos, jumping knives, balisons ("butterfly knives"), sabres, sword, shuriken ("throwing stars"), nunchaku ("karate sticks") and knuckles. [2]"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Ambulance vandalism: Bins and scooters used in attacks
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-46511576?fbclid=IwAR30vjxEa7zBHYMcPEt57hSb1owtWG1aYpENVbVcWsXCe4llfLpDd9NENyg

Why vandalizing ambulances?  That's fucked up.
    Some people are scum.