Options

CAN'T DENY ME!!!

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    KN219077 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Way better live. Not on par with of course but falls in the same zone for me has Present Tense and Given to Fly. Just not good record songs but live epic 
     :o  Present Tense and Given to Fly are two of my favorite studio tracks!
    Yeah, in no universe should GTF and Present Tense be lumped in with that other lump.
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    DewieCox said:
    KN219077 said:
    JP218404 said:
    Way better live. Not on par with of course but falls in the same zone for me has Present Tense and Given to Fly. Just not good record songs but live epic 
     :o  Present Tense and Given to Fly are two of my favorite studio tracks!
    Yeah, in no universe should GTF and Present Tense be lumped in with that other lump.

again, for me.  to each their own.  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,337
    JP218404 said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,653
    edited October 2018
    It was interesting to an MLB ad on TV featuring Can't Deny Me and video clips of EV singing it while I was in the States this week.... the song actually works as a commercial, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    JP218404 said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

Haha!!! Right on!!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,466
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,993
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,861
    igotid88 said:
    i could play castlevania to this all day long. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    demetrios said:
    They should put on Eddies voice modulated to sound like the presenter voice in BLADES OF STEEL. 

"BLDSSS OFFFFFF STLLLL"
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    This thread needs to be deleted.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Never
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,067
    You can't  deny me
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    You can't  deny me
    The hell I can't
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    You can't  deny me
    LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    Still like the song. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    Still like the song. 
    Same!  
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,353
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Still like the song. 
    Same!  
    Me 3
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    edited March 2023
    😂😂 I had never listened to this song till this morning but then again I haven’t listened to any PJ in years, I’m in the minority here it sounds stale Ed sounds like he’s trying to hard. 
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,317
    😂😂 I had never listened to this song till this morning but then again I haven’t listened to any PJ in years, I’m in the minority here it sounds stale Ed sounds like he’s trying to hard. 

I think it's why they changed direction.   It never got put onto a Christmas Single or a Forthcoming album.   It sounded like they scrapped whatever sessions that got recorded in, and started over to make Gigaton.   Still leaves you curious as the other songs from those sessions.
  • Options
    Zod said:

I think it's why they changed direction.   It never got put onto a Christmas Single or a Forthcoming album.   It sounded like they scrapped whatever sessions that got recorded in, and started over to make Gigaton.   Still leaves you curious as the other songs from those sessions.
    It’s been really tough for me to listen and enjoy their last couple of efforts! Something about the way he sings these days is not resonating with me I liked a couple of songs off Gigaton but not enough to keep going back to it, Avocado is really the last album I truly enjoyed. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,317
    Zod said:

It’s been really tough for me to listen and enjoy their last couple of efforts! Something about the way he sings these days is not resonating with me I liked a couple of songs off Gigaton but not enough to keep going back to it, Avocado is really the last album I truly enjoyed. 

I have a real soft spots for Avacado.  When it came out I thought it was their best album since Yield (and I still think it's the best album they did in the 21st century).   I do like most of backspacer.. but lightning bolt and gigaton I don't go back too, to often.

On the flip side the The Earthlings album really grew on me, so if Andrew Watt is producing the next PJ album,  I'm optimistic.

• Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,968
    Thankful this wasn’t included on Gigaton or the supposed ‘canned album’. Everything on Gigaton is ten times better than this effort. Pearl Jam are better than this! 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    Thankful this wasn’t included on Gigaton or the supposed ‘canned album’. Everything on Gigaton is ten times better than this effort. Pearl Jam are better than this! 
    This is not even a bad song. I don't get what people don't like about this
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,968
    igotid88 said:
    It’s not terrible but it’s not good. My opinion. You have yours. I think it is an average song. I don’t see what people like about it. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Well it’s just not a song that I’d say I gotta listen to that again & again.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Well it’s just not a song that I’d say I gotta listen to that again & again.
    There are many songs like that. Doesn't mean they are awful 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,975
    waiting for the sequel, "You Can't See Me"
    You Cant See Me GIFs  Tenor

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,752
    You can think what you want about this song (I personally think it's awful) but that's an opinion. But what you "can't deny" is this is easily Pearl Jam's worst-sounding recording. It sounds like it was recorded in a garage and they never bothered to mix it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com