Options

Radiohead tickets are $90 including fees

Comments

• Options
    JH6056 said:
    GetRight and Reelingiswhattheysay, glad you made it through the whole story!

GetRight: I actually really believed in what that rally represented, although I also had my one moment of bonding ever with Ani DiFranco after the press conference because everyone else was "Vote Green no matter what" and I agreed with her that if you lived in a swing state then, you needed to vote democrat so as to not lose the election to the alternative, then take up your radical organizing again for better candidates next time.  I'll just say that the results of 2016 certainly make me over the top sure that that is the right approach and leave it at that! ;) 

But that's a long way of saying, I actually thought the event was really good, really moving, and the other performers were great too.

Reelingiswhattheysay, actually I've really only heard really nice stories about Thom Yorke, even in my 2010 mtg which probably was exactly what he does NOT want fan mtgs to be like (no, it wasn't really that bad at all, but still) he handled it in such a nice way, I don't know many people who've met him but everyone I know who has says he's truly lovely.

Have you heard otherwise? Or you just had the same impression as me from films like "Meeting People Is Easy"?

Oh and also Reeling, love that your boyfriend felt like the RATM show was so good, it would have been worth it to be in that hurricane/tornado even if it had killed him!  What a force to be reckoned with they were....
    You had me at Ani DiFranco  =) Really just how the media portrayal of him through the years, which I really know is bullshit.  I would love to meet him, but I would certainly love to meet Ani a hell of a lot more, even though we have conflicting political views, so I'd prob just stay off that topic for sure if ever I had the chance.  I fucking LOVE her.  And I'd kill for a Rage reunion- that would be a cherry on top to this already Killer 90s summer we have in store!!! 
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    JH6056 said:

GetRight: I actually really believed in what that rally represented, although I also had my one moment of bonding ever with Ani DiFranco after the press conference because everyone else was "Vote Green no matter what" and I agreed with her that if you lived in a swing state then, you needed to vote democrat so as to not lose the election to the alternative, then take up your radical organizing again for better candidates next time.  I'll just say that the results of 2016 certainly make me over the top sure that that is the right approach and leave it at that! ;) 

But that's a long way of saying, I actually thought the event was really good, really moving, and the other performers were great too.

Reelingiswhattheysay, actually I've really only heard really nice stories about Thom Yorke, even in my 2010 mtg which probably was exactly what he does NOT want fan mtgs to be like (no, it wasn't really that bad at all, but still) he handled it in such a nice way, I don't know many people who've met him but everyone I know who has says he's truly lovely.

Have you heard otherwise? Or you just had the same impression as me from films like "Meeting People Is Easy"?

Oh and also Reeling, love that your boyfriend felt like the RATM show was so good, it would have been worth it to be in that hurricane/tornado even if it had killed him!  What a force to be reckoned with they were....
    You had me at Ani DiFranco  =) Really just how the media portrayal of him through the years, which I really know is bullshit.  I would love to meet him, but I would certainly love to meet Ani a hell of a lot more, even though we have conflicting political views, so I'd prob just stay off that topic for sure if ever I had the chance.  I fucking LOVE her.  And I'd kill for a Rage reunion- that would be a cherry on top to this already Killer 90s summer we have in store!!! 
    Yes, although I haven't seen her live in many many years, I'm a big Ani fan too, and at the time I was much more actively into her, so being able to talk to her meant a lot.  Now I'm still a raging Radiohead fan, but once again mellow, so should I ever be lucky enough to meet Thom again, I'm ready to say what I should have said that 2nd time that I froze up.

A Rage reunion, that would be INCREDIBLE, but hard to imagine it sounds like.  Did you see Prophets of Rage at all?  Not Rage, but still really a great show I thought.  But I also love Public Enemy so...
  • Options
    ruthlessgringoruthlessgringo South Carolina Posts: 60
    The tickets for Fenway were $80 before a $40 Fenway fee was added. If you want to show your displeasure with the prices, boycott the Fenway concessions. That's what I'm doing. Pass it along. Start a thread. 

• Options
    JH6056 said:
    JH6056 said:

Yes, although I haven't seen her live in many many years, I'm a big Ani fan too, and at the time I was much more actively into her, so being able to talk to her meant a lot.  Now I'm still a raging Radiohead fan, but once again mellow, so should I ever be lucky enough to meet Thom again, I'm ready to say what I should have said that 2nd time that I froze up.

A Rage reunion, that would be INCREDIBLE, but hard to imagine it sounds like.  Did you see Prophets of Rage at all?  Not Rage, but still really a great show I thought.  But I also love Public Enemy so...
    I got the tickets, but never made it to the show!! Never had the chance to even resell them either, bummer.  NEVER imagined to be able to see Jack White, PJ AND Radiohead all in one summer of 2018 so anything is possible- tho I know you're prob right ;/

I Like to go see Ani every year in November when she plays in NYC- its never the same as it was but just to get those few gems she still plays is worth it.  I don't even know what I'd say to Thom either- prob start with PLAY THE FUCKING BENDS AT MSG PLEASSSEEEEE- Its prob my all time favorite song of any artist and all time (this is a very hard reveal but I've thought about it for years and had come to this conclusion haha, I'm a geek)  and I've NEVER heard it live- I would prob have a panic attack and not even enjoy it the way I do at home or in my truck haha
  • Options

The tickets for Fenway were $80 before a $40 Fenway fee was added. If you want to show your displeasure with the prices, boycott the Fenway concessions. That's what I'm doing. Pass it along. Start a thread. 

Did ppl really complain about prices?? I thought they were more than fair considering location of seats we have through the club.  I'm stoked! 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,127

Did ppl really complain about prices?? I thought they were more than fair considering location of seats we have through the club.  I'm stoked! 

For high seniority seats it's the deal is the century

For low seniority upper deck seats, not so much.

To price the front rows same as Fenway grandstand and upper deck is absurd
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,928

The 30% bump from 2016 to 2018 was surprising. There were some complaints because there always are about everything. Some of us since the announcement have had a fruitful discussion about why the prices are what they are this year. But there was also a defensive group who labelled any and all discussion of the price as whining. These people made it seem like there was much more complaining than there actually was.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,127
    JimmyV said:

The 30% bump from 2016 to 2018 was surprising. There were some complaints because there always are about everything. Some of us since the announcement have had a fruitful discussion about why the prices are what they are this year. But there was also a defensive group who labelled any and all discussion of the price as whining. These people made it seem like there was much more complaining than there actually was.

It's unfortunate this topic has pricing in the title, since it actually morphed into a decent RH/PJ back in the day discussion
  • Options
    rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,354
    edited February 2018
    Here's (maybe?) an interesting one: After I had secured tickets at 10:00 and my credit card was "rejected" for 10 minutes (so time expired and I therefore I lost said tickets), I received a confirmation message later that day (3:00pm) that I had actually secured these tickets! The reason I didn't realize this until yesterday was that I was able to get a single afterwards (at about (10:30am) and assumed that message was the confirmation message for the single ticket - not the pair.

Long story longer, I've now paid for three seats, one of which is not with the other two!

I'm looking to get my money back for the single. We'll see how THAT goes.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options

I seen a few complaint threads and I wasn't exactly stoked either. Tickets in 2016 we're like $78 with fees, but that was stadium shows in random towns. These are huge, highly sought after tickets. I just look at it in a time perspective. X amount of hours at work equal said PJ tickets. And in that sense, these tickets are cheap as shit. But $40, or %50, fee for Fenway is ridiculous. The fees are what kills the Fan's wallet. Boycott concessions! It's what PJ would want!!!!!!
  • Options
    And my bad for ruining a reminiscing convo. Just trying to make a difference. 
  • Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    I saw Radiohead for a one and only time in 2000 in Paris. it was 30€.
    At the time, concert tickets were generally around 20€. 30€ for a show was really the exception.
    I can believe how tickets price have inflated.
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    booboolisciousboobooliscious Hebron, KY Posts: 253
    Metallica GA - $405 a piece.
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    SERIOUSLY????????  GA is $400 a ticket???????
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    JH6056 said:
    That has to be one of the "VIP" tickets. They are $180 for regular GA.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    wall232 said:
    JH6056 said:
    SERIOUSLY???????? GA is $180 a ticket???????
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    RK50065 said:
    wall232 said:
    JH6056 said:
    Hahahaha Touché

NYPJ
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,939
    RK50065 said:
    wall232 said:
    JH6056 said:
    And, to be fair, they're also offering 250 $600 tickets that get you GA to any show on the 34-show tour. I know that's practically none, but it's still freaking awesome. If you were to go to all, that'd work out to about $18 per Metallica show.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    RK50065 said:
    wall232 said:
    JH6056 said:
    And, to be fair, they're also offering 250 $600 tickets that get you GA to any show on the 34-show tour. I know that's practically none, but it's still freaking awesome. If you were to go to all, that'd work out to about $18 per Metallica show.
    Does Metallica rotate their setlists?
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    There's about five slots in their 18 song setlist where they rotate different song from night to night.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    There's about five slots in their 18 song setlist where they rotate different song from night to night.
    18 songs?!? That's it?  ;)
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,508
    rummy said:
    mrk2 said:
    I looked at some shows from last year on setlist.fm after scoring tickets; most of what I saw were 24+/- songs per night. 
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    rummy said:
    mrk2 said:
    I looked at some shows from last year on setlist.fm after scoring tickets; most of what I saw were 24+/- songs per night. 
    I would also assume that Metallica doesn't mess around... lots of uptempo stuff?

wait a sec? Are we talking about Radiohead? If so, yes. They usually play about two dozen songs per show.
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Options
    Since this is a Radiohead topic: How did you all feel about them getting snubbed by the RR Hall of Fame? I gotta admit that I thought it took away from its credibility somewhat - which kind of sucks seeing that PJ was just inducted last year.
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,508
    rummy said:
    rummy said:
    mrk2 said:
    I would also assume that Metallica doesn't mess around... lots of uptempo stuff?

wait a sec? Are we talking about Radiohead? If so, yes. They usually play about two dozen songs per show.
    Yup... my bad, I didn’t realize you were talking Metallica. I was talking Radiohead. 
  • Options
    rummy said:
    Since this is a Radiohead topic: How did you all feel about them getting snubbed by the RR Hall of Fame? I gotta admit that I thought it took away from its credibility somewhat - which kind of sucks seeing that PJ was just inducted last year.
    It was a joke that Radiohead didn’t get in. For what it’s worth they are a no brainer first rd HOFer. As far as record sales, influential, creativity. I agree, whatever credibility the hall had in my eyes is pretty much shot. But Bon Jovi is in, so there’s that 
  • Options
    rummy said:
    I don't say this to crap on Radiohead or their fans or anything like that. It's just a statement of truth. Other than Creep I couldn't name another Radiohead song.

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,395
    JimmyV said:
    rummy said:
    I don't say this to crap on Radiohead or their fans or anything like that. It's just a statement of truth. Other than Creep I couldn't name another Radiohead song.
    +1
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    You guys are full of sh*t.  OK Computer and the Bends are classic albums. You have never heard of Karma Police or Fake Plastic Trees?
  • Options
    You guys are full of sh*t.  OK Computer and the Bends are classic albums. You have never heard of Karma Police or Fake Plastic Trees?
    No I haven't. I may have heard both of those songs on the radio and not known what they were called or that they were by Radiohead. But the answer to your question is no. I have never heard of Karma Police or Fake Plastic Trees.

Feel free to continue thinking I am full of shit, though.