Options

Radiohead tickets are $90 including fees

Comments

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I wasn't bashing, just saying maybe that venue was better suited to the types of bands you prefer. :)
    I am amazed I was able to get any Radiohead tickets.  Nothing even came up until 10:30 on my phone.  Got nothing on the PC.
    Between 10:30 and noon I was able to get a pair for the Friday and Saturday shows. Amazing really.  One of the most popular acts, in NYC.  Its amazing to me that I was able to get tickets on TM.  I usually have no luck on TM.  Not the best seats in 209 and 225, less than 15 rows up, but its fine for RH. You want to see the lights and screens.

• Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    JP218404 said:
    JP218404 said:
    deadendp said:
    Just bailed on buying tickets to see Greta Van Fleet because with fees, they are just shy of $50 each to see them at the Cleveland Agora.  I'm okay to pay that for a more established band and admit that CD102.5 "Trust Us" concert series and Holiday Show where tickets were $10.25 + fees (making them a lil over $15 each) has spoiled me.  We've seen some great bands for cheap!  A 2 hour drive for an inexpensive concert works for me.  I will admit that the cheapest tickets we have gotten in recent years were $5.50 to see Car Seat Headrest and Lucy Dacus at the Rock Hall atrium.  
    Should have got em. Greta is amazing live. Seen them 3 times 

Wow, Greta is still around! 
    Ha!
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Get_Right said:
    Radiohead is a notoriously hard ticket to score at face, in NYC- Ive had a way harder time seeing them than I have PJ. That said I could easily buy a new car with the money Ive spent seeing them both.  Was stuck in the que for 20 minutes only to get nosebleeds for tuesday and a single for wednesday that took me hours. Still looking for Friday but I'll prob search for a decent single for that for $$$$ I'm sure closer to showtime.  This summer is Incredible in the music department- I feel very fortunate all my fave bands are playing, a very fortunate broke person  ;)

Notorious is a big understatement. I've only seen them twice for that reason, RCMH and Roseland.

. Damn I miss Roseland, saw  Radiohead and RATM  there, best acoustics of any venue I've been at.

Had no luck at pairs for the four msg shows so I experimented with trying to buy singles, so sick of getting shut out for Radiohead, it's been 15 years

So I got two shows at msg and one in Boston. I'll be lonely, but will be making up for lost time ;-)
    Seriously? Roseland had the worst sound of any room in NYC IMHO. Even bands with great sound technicians like Wilco sounded terrible.  The venue was cool but every time I went I let disappointed with the sound.
    Hysterical, I also giggled when I read "best sound", Roseland was notorious for having crappy sound
  • Options
    That said, I'd still grovel to see Radiohead or Rage there, so you're dang lucky Lerxst1992!
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    I saw RATM at rose land when I was 16 years old. One of my favorite shows ever!
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Radiohead is a notoriously hard ticket to score at face, in NYC- Ive had a way harder time seeing them than I have PJ. That said I could easily buy a new car with the money Ive spent seeing them both.  Was stuck in the que for 20 minutes only to get nosebleeds for tuesday and a single for wednesday that took me hours. Still looking for Friday but I'll prob search for a decent single for that for $$$$ I'm sure closer to showtime.  This summer is Incredible in the music department- I feel very fortunate all my fave bands are playing, a very fortunate broke person  ;)

Notorious is a big understatement. I've only seen them twice for that reason, RCMH and Roseland.

. Damn I miss Roseland, saw  Radiohead and RATM  there, best acoustics of any venue I've been at.

Had no luck at pairs for the four msg shows so I experimented with trying to buy singles, so sick of getting shut out for Radiohead, it's been 15 years

So I got two shows at msg and one in Boston. I'll be lonely, but will be making up for lost time ;-)
    Was that the Rage Show where either house or pain or cypress hill opened? Was at that show. 

Roseland was was a great venue. Sound was very hit or miss
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options

I tried SO HARD to get into Radiohead at Rosalind- it was IMPOSSIBLE- My friend and I even went as far as to make a pathetic sign- it was bad hahaha Rosalind was such a big part of my youth and to see them there during their last days would have meant the world to me. RATM there was mind blowing.  It's not fair how the bots and whomever interfere in the music experience, I really miss the days of waiting in line, would almost ALWAYS get a ticket, and even a good seat at that bc only the real fans were willing to kill a day for it.  They make it too easy for them, and too hard for us now. Shame. I hope I can find a good seat at least for Friday, even if its a single, don't care.  The show I saw at msg I scalped 15/20 years ago I went alone wound up in 4th row- it was the def in my top ten all time.  
  • Options
    rummy said:
    I'm sure I've posted this in another thread, but this summer is indeed a dream come true if you are a fan of 1990's (alternative/indie) music.
    Agreed! Its really unbelievable- PJ, Radiohead, Foo, Weezer, Pixies, Jack White even Slayer and Ozzy are playing this summer last tours! All my faves- wish they didn't ALL go on sale the SAME DAMN TIME- but wow, what a summer it will be! I am flabbergasted about Radiohead AND PJ tho- it doesn't get better than that for me.
  • Options

rummy said:

I too haven't seen RH since 2003 and couldn't get a pair for either Toronto show so I decided to grab a single for N2. It'll be interesting to say the least as I've never attended a concert on my own but what the hell? Why not!?!

Going alone is an interesting experience, and in the era of $300 lower level tickets, it's often necessary. 

Definitely lots of time to think about the band from only your own perspective, but I  try to not start climbing up the walls.
    rummy said:

I too haven't seen RH since 2003 and couldn't get a pair for either Toronto show so I decided to grab a single for N2. It'll be interesting to say the least as I've never attended a concert on my own but what the hell? Why not!?!

Going alone is an interesting experience, and in the era of $300 lower level tickets, it's often necessary. 

Definitely lots of time to think about the band from only your own perspective, but I  try to not start climbing up the walls.
    I see what you did there!!! haha Agreed- going to a show alone, esp Radiohead is so fulfilling- Ive seen them alone almost every time I've seen them- not many people I know, prob no one come to think of it, as big a fan as I and I could never handle seeing them with someone who didn't get it, would ruin the experience for me.  You'll love it.
  • Options
    I've seen a LOT of shows alone, and the vast majority of them I've had an amazing time.  Once in awhile my neighbors are bummers, but that can be true when I go with a friend as well, although you don't notice as much if you have someone with you who's psyched.

I'm going to all 4 RH shows I just bought tix for alone, because Philly are both on weeknights (husband needs to stay home with kiddo and get her to and from school), and Boston my husband and kid are coming with me for PJ so really can't buy plane tix for the whole family for RH too.  Fortunately have an awesome husband and also Metallica are touring this summer so he'll get his shows too ;) 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,127
    edited February 2018
    JP218404 said:

Was that the Rage Show where either house or pain or cypress hill opened? Was at that show. 

Public Enemy. During Rage, it was like trying to stand in a hurricane.

The Radiohead show at Roseland was the same night the Mets and Yanks played in the LCS at the same time, right before the subway series.

I recall it was an impossible ticket. Not sure how my friend was able to score a pair. A real celebrity gala. There was a line of waitlisted fans around a full city block,  but the place was already packed when I walked in.

I recall Radiohead was not touring that year in the US and had not toured for a while, but were in town for SNL and wanted a warm up gig. People were flying in from all over for that show.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    i am convinced that TM waits 20 minutes before releasing any tickets to thwart the bots, and then they release them in batches. I know they do not do it for all acts, but that is how it seemed to go down yesterday.
    You might be right. When A Perfect Circle’s November Boston date went on sale, I fished around for tickets as I wasn’t happy with any of the pairs I pulled. 

25 minutes into the sale, after thinking I rolled the dice too many times, I pulled a pair in the 10th row, center section. 

Easily the best best pair I’ve ever got in a public on sale. 

It defies logic that 10th row seats were available 25 minutes into the sale. 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Get_Right said:
    i am convinced that TM waits 20 minutes before releasing any tickets to thwart the bots, and then they release them in batches. I know they do not do it for all acts, but that is how it seemed to go down yesterday.
    You might be right. When A Perfect Circle’s November Boston date went on sale, I fished around for tickets as I wasn’t happy with any of the pairs I pulled. 

25 minutes into the sale, after thinking I rolled the dice too many times, I pulled a pair in the 10th row, center section. 

Rejected credit cards, people holding tickets on Mutiple computers, phones, etc.  happens for every show. I’ve pulled PJ tickets for the garden 35 minutes after on sale. 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    Get_Right said:

Rejected credit cards, people holding tickets on Mutiple computers, phones, etc.  happens for every show. I’ve pulled PJ tickets for the garden 35 minutes after on sale. 
    What kind of seats though? I get tickets still being available at that time, but 10th row from the stage? 
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    Get_Right said:

What kind of seats though? I get tickets still being available at that time, but 10th row from the stage? 
    side stage.  but like i said a bunch of different reasons why tickets get thrown back into the pool even some of the best.  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    Get_Right said:

I am convinced its by design.  And it happens with bands that are sensitive to their fans. Keep in mind that the public onsale is after fanclubs, credit card presales, and fan presales. Whats left are rarely the best seats. 10th row is nuts and very lucky! I am happy just being in the 200s for RH at the garden.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    JP218404 said:
    Get_Right said:

I am convinced its by design.  And it happens with bands that are sensitive to their fans. Keep in mind that the public onsale is after fanclubs, credit card presales, and fan presales. Whats left are rarely the best seats. 10th row is nuts and very lucky! I am happy just being in the 200s for RH at the garden.
    Same- I told all the friends I had try for me, I don't care where it is, behind stage- just get me IN!! I was away during the resale and didn't have the time Pearl Jam gave us to prepare for this sale.  Unfortunately i can't go to Saturday- but I will be there for the rest of the nights for sure. 
  • Options
    JP218404 said:

The Radiohead show at Roseland was the same night the Mets and Yanks played in the LCS at the same time, right before the subway series.

I recall it was an impossible ticket. Not sure how my friend was able to score a pair. A real celebrity gala. There was a line of waitlisted fans around a full city block,  but the place was already packed when I walked in.

I recall Radiohead was not touring that year in the US and had not toured for a while, but were in town for SNL and wanted a warm up gig. People were flying in from all over for that show.

Was the Rage show at Roseland '99 and the Radiohead show '00?  Or you went to the '11 RH show?

I wasn't at any of those shows, but if you guys were at the Radiohead '00 show, I have a VERY funny story involving Ed V. and Thom Yorke from a couple of days after the '00 show. I've only met Thom Yorke twice, but that '00 time went far far better than my '10 time when I was a much bigger RH fan and totally went into blubbering fan mode.
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:

Was the Rage show at Roseland '99 and the Radiohead show '00?  Or you went to the '11 RH show?

I wasn't at any of those shows, but if you guys were at the Radiohead '00 show, I have a VERY funny story involving Ed V. and Thom Yorke from a couple of days after the '00 show. I've only met Thom Yorke twice, but that '00 time went far far better than my '10 time when I was a much bigger RH fan and totally went into blubbering fan mode.

• Options
    JH6056 said:

Spill it!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    JH6056 said:
    JP218404 said:

Yes those were the correct years for RH and Rage at Roseland for me '99 and '00....two great shows.

I think your fans await your Thom story...
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Get_Right said:
    JH6056 said:

Spill it!
    It is so easy to get me into "storytelling mode"... :D 

Remember that in 2000 Ed organized or hosted a fundraiser for the Green Party/Ralph Nader (I'm sure many of us have re-examined our support of him but I won't get into politics in this story)?  It was at Madison Sq. Garden, sold out, featuring Ed solo, Patti Smith, Ani DiFranco, Ben Harper, Michael Moore as a speaker, and Tim Robbins/Susan Sarandon as speakers.  Pretty sure the date was Oct 13, 2000, so 2 days after the Roseland show and maybe the night before SNL?  I think it was a Friday the 13th.

While I've never had a full time job in the music industry, I've been around it a lot and worked at specific events now and then, and a hook up got me a job working at this fundraiser. When I checked in to get my credentials, the guy running the press/crew list was clearly a Green Party old-timer, looked like Wavy Gravy, and was very nice, but also the furthest thing from a professional guest list wrangler ever.  I gave him my name and my name was on his list but he had no more un-spoken for passes with no names on them, and didn't have a pass with my name.  So he starts going through the passes already set aside for others and looks at each name: 

WavyGravy Guy: "...No, can't give you that one. ... No, definitely not that one.  Nope, not that one either."
    He keeps going through all the passes, and finally his eyes fall on a name he doesn't recognize, and he says "Oh, ok, you can have this one." and he takes out his sharpie, puts a line through the name on it, and writes my name under it.  

The name he crossed out?  Thom Yorke.  I looked at it and thought "Um, I'm just gonna assume he'll get in just fine..." and went about finding my contacts for my job so I could get to work.

Fast forward all the way to the end of the night, event over, crowd emptying out and guests starting to make their way backstage.  First off I spy Billy Bragg in the audience, we've met before, he comes over and shows me his pass and says "Look, I got a personality upgrade!" jokingly.  I respond "Ha, no, **I** got a personality upgrade!" and show him my pass, and his eyes light up and he says "Oh, wow, yeah, you really did!!" which I then realized was insulting and I hit him in the arm for it and we both got a good laugh.

THEN... I spy Thom Yorke, Ed O'Brien, and 2 of the Beastie Boys, I think Ad Rock and MCA, MCA for sure which in retrospect I treasure for obvious reasons.  So I see them all heading back and make a beeline for them and ask if they need any assistance.  I don't even remember which of them said they were looking for Eddie, so I offered to walk them to where he was. 

Now at this stage, I've read all these OK Computer era interviews with Radiohead, and my impression is that they are miserable with touring, hate meeting people, and I suppose for some reason I assume Thom Yorke does NOT want to talk to strange women.  But I couldn't help it, I ended up walking next to him, and so I leaned over in a low voice and said "Hey, I received a new identity tonight, you'll never guess who I am..." and he said "Who?" and I showed him my pass.  He laughed out loud and said "Wait, wait, so did I!" and he showed me his pass, and it had another person's name crossed out and his name written under it!  The exchange that followed is one I'll never forget, we went back and forth in what was like a comedy routine about this, and he was lovely and warm and funny and I enjoyed it and may have taken them to Ed via a Spinal Tap-esque endless tour of backstage just so it could last longer LOL!  Well, no, I took them directly there, but there were a lot of people and it took long enough for a thoroughly enjoyable conversation.

And I got to talk a bit to Ed O'Brien and the Beasties too, so it was a pretty wondrous few minutes in my fan world.  And I assume RH were only there because of Roseland and SNL.

So that was my story.

I can't even tell the 2010 story, I blew such a chance for an even mellower, longer, more casual conversation, and both Thom and my 2 yr old daughter were both looking at me with sympathy.  Can't even discuss, still too much PTSD. :D 
    Post edited by JH6056 on
  • Options
    Great fucking story.  I was there.  Sat through a lot of BS just to hear a few EV songs!
  • Options
    JH6056 said:
    Get_Right said:
    JH6056 said:

Spill it!
    It is so easy to get me into "storytelling mode"... :D 

Remember that in 2000 Ed organized or hosted a fundraiser for the Green Party/Ralph Nader (I'm sure many of us have re-examined our support of him but I won't get into politics in this story)?  It was at Madison Sq. Garden, sold out, featuring Ed solo, Patti Smith, Ani DiFranco, Ben Harper, Michael Moore as a speaker, and Tim Robbins/Susan Sarandon as speakers.  Pretty sure the date was Oct 13, 2000, so 2 days after the Roseland show and maybe the night before SNL?  I think it was a Friday the 13th.

While I've never had a full time job in the music industry, I've been around it a lot and worked at specific events now and then, and a hook up got me a job working at this fundraiser. When I checked in to get my credentials, the guy running the press/crew list was clearly a Green Party old-timer, looked like Wavy Gravy, and was very nice, but also the furthest thing from a professional guest list wrangler ever.  I gave him my name and my name was on his list but he had no more un-spoken for passes with no names on them, and didn't have a pass with my name.  So he starts going through the passes already set aside for others and looks at each name: 

WavyGravy Guy: "...No, can't give you that one. ... No, definitely not that one.  Nope, not that one either."
    He keeps going through all the passes, and finally his eyes fall on a name he doesn't recognize, and he says "Oh, ok, you can have this one." and he takes out his sharpie, puts a line through the name on it, and writes my name under it.  

The name he crossed out?  Thom Yorke.  I looked at it and thought "Um, I'm just gonna assume he'll get in just fine..." and went about finding my contacts for my job so I could get to work.

Fast forward all the way to the end of the night, event over, crowd emptying out and guests starting to make their way backstage.  First off I spy Billy Bragg in the audience, we've met before, he comes over and shows me his pass and says "Look, I got a personality upgrade!" jokingly.  I respond "Ha, no, **I** got a personality upgrade!" and show him my pass, and his eyes light up and he says "Oh, wow, yeah, you really did!!" which I then realized was insulting and I hit him in the arm for it and we both got a good laugh.

THEN... I spy Thom Yorke, Ed O'Brien, and 2 of the Beastie Boys, I think Ad Rock and MCA, MCA for sure which in retrospect I treasure for obvious reasons.  So I see them all heading back and make a beeline for them and ask if they need any assistance.  I don't even remember which of them said they were looking for Eddie, so I offered to walk them to where he was. 

Now at this stage, I've read all these OK Computer era interviews with Radiohead, and my impression is that they are miserable with touring, hate meeting people, and I suppose for some reason I assume Thom Yorke does NOT want to talk to strange women.  But I couldn't help it, I ended up walking next to him, and so I leaned over in a low voice and said "Hey, I received a new identity tonight, you'll never guess who I am..." and he said "Who?" and I showed him my pass.  He laughed out loud and said "Wait, wait, so did I!" and he showed me his pass, and it had another person's name crossed out and his name written under it!  The exchange that followed is one I'll never forget, we went back and forth in what was like a comedy routine about this, and he was lovely and warm and funny and I enjoyed it and may have taken them to Ed via a Spinal Tap-esque endless tour of backstage just so it could last longer LOL!  Well, no, I took them directly there, but there were a lot of people and it took long enough for a thoroughly enjoyable conversation.

And I got to talk a bit to Ed O'Brien and the Beasties too, so it was a pretty wondrous few minutes in my fan world.  And I assume RH were only there because of Roseland and SNL.

So that was my story.

I can't even tell the 2010 story, I blew such a chance for an even mellower, longer, more casual conversation, and both Thom and my 2 yr old daughter were both looking at me with sympathy.  Can't even discuss, still too much PTSD. :D 
    That was fucking Great, thanks for sharing- Dead Funny! Nice to hear something positive about Thom York too haha
  • Options

JP218404 said:

My Boyfriend nearly died at RATM at Roseland- grasping for air in the pit- he said it would've been worth it if he did lol
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    I scored a pair of Radiohead tickets for Roseland literally 3 hours after the on-sale.  I just sat at work and kept refreshing TM as I went about my day and then out of nowhere they popped up.  Nearly lost my mind.  

I miss Roseland.  Some of my favorite shows were there.  At least we still have Bowery and Irving Plaza.  
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    GetRight and Reelingiswhattheysay, glad you made it through the whole story!

GetRight: I actually really believed in what that rally represented, although I also had my one moment of bonding ever with Ani DiFranco after the press conference because everyone else was "Vote Green no matter what" and I agreed with her that if you lived in a swing state then, you needed to vote democrat so as to not lose the election to the alternative, then take up your radical organizing again for better candidates next time.  I'll just say that the results of 2016 certainly make me over the top sure that that is the right approach and leave it at that! ;) 

But that's a long way of saying, I actually thought the event was really good, really moving, and the other performers were great too.

Reelingiswhattheysay, actually I've really only heard really nice stories about Thom Yorke, even in my 2010 mtg which probably was exactly what he does NOT want fan mtgs to be like (no, it wasn't really that bad at all, but still) he handled it in such a nice way, I don't know many people who've met him but everyone I know who has says he's truly lovely.

Have you heard otherwise? Or you just had the same impression as me from films like "Meeting People Is Easy"?

Oh and also Reeling, love that your boyfriend felt like the RATM show was so good, it would have been worth it to be in that hurricane/tornado even if it had killed him!  What a force to be reckoned with they were....
  • Options
    JH I admire your passion and I'd bet you have more awesome stories to tell! 
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Get_Right said:
    JH I admire your passion and I'd bet you have more awesome stories to tell! 
    Thank you! Re: whether I have more awesome stories or not, if any of my close friends or family read that they'd be trying to signal to you from behind my back "NO! Don't open that door! You'll be here for a month listening to her stories!"

But didn't mean to end the conversation... there's got to be still more to say about Radiohead tix, prices, and how bad the sound at Roseland was? :) 
    Post edited by JH6056 on