Options

March For Our Lives - Parkland Students Demanding Action

Comments

• Options
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Power and Scruffy are not mocking dead kids in these last pages.

While their comments are not necessarily the greatest... it's fair to say they are also in response to comments that were right on par for degree of acceptability (except from the other side of the great debate).

It's been that way as long as I can remember around here: people become really indignant when their opponents hit below the belt or toss out a cheap shot, but they never recognize when their side has done the same thing.

While their comments are not necessarily the greatest... it's fair to say they are also in response to comments that were right on par for degree of acceptability (except from the other side of the great debate).

It's been that way as long as I can remember around here: people become really indignant when their opponents hit below the belt or toss out a cheap shot, but they never recognize when their side has done the same thing.
    Ah, “both sides”. 

Well, history will show which side is correct. It already does, really.  

Oh Gawd. Get over yourself. Geezuz, man.

Now you're spinning this to put it in line with Trump's goofy stuff?

Jose said, 'Fuck you'. Power said, 'Fuck you too.' Two guys became passionate and combative on a message board.

Jose's side wasn't correct. I'm on Jose's side of the equation, but that doesn't preclude me from noting when he's stepped out of bounds. I'm not knocking him- I like him and I've done it myself. I'm just saying that one side should not have a license to act with impunity around here because they're on the popular side.

If you can't understand that there's nothing more I can say- carry on!
    Nah, context is everything. Look at the thread, look at why it was started and it's intent. Go back and read the first couple of pages then read the garbage that "adults" have been posting these past few pages. It's embarrassing. They are acting like a couple of children in a playground, it's the equivalent of na-ah na-ah boo boo. 

There are plenty of threads to go and chill and relax in throughout this message board, this is not the place. It is completely disrespectful of the OP and the victims.

Oh?

And who gets to decide which threads are permissible to digress at times?
    As with any other community, we do. And I have every right to call out the disrespectful "adults" who act like children. I see bullshit and I will call it out, always have, always will. I'm comfortable doing it, you are comfortable dismissing it and defending it. To each their own.

You're missing the point entirely.

If we are going to busy ourselves calling out disrespectful adults... we should be consistent in our practices- not just selective based on how we see a particular issue.

Even on the 'vegan vs meat' issue that reared its head in this thread: Spiritual has used very strong language condemning meat eaters. I understand where his passion lies and I get where he's coming from (even though I disagree with him); however, he doesn't get shredded for calling meat eaters lazy and foul like the 'oafs' who flaunted grilling meat.

Don't reserve your venom.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,242
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Ah, “both sides”. 

Jose said, 'Fuck you'. Power said, 'Fuck you too.' Two guys became passionate and combative on a message board.

Jose's side wasn't correct. I'm on Jose's side of the equation, but that doesn't preclude me from noting when he's stepped out of bounds. I'm not knocking him- I like him and I've done it myself. I'm just saying that one side should not have a license to act with impunity around here because they're on the popular side.

Nah, context is everything. Look at the thread, look at why it was started and it's intent. Go back and read the first couple of pages then read the garbage that "adults" have been posting these past few pages. It's embarrassing. They are acting like a couple of children in a playground, it's the equivalent of na-ah na-ah boo boo. 

There are plenty of threads to go and chill and relax in throughout this message board, this is not the place. It is completely disrespectful of the OP and the victims.

Oh?

As with any other community, we do. And I have every right to call out the disrespectful "adults" who act like children. I see bullshit and I will call it out, always have, always will. I'm comfortable doing it, you are comfortable dismissing it and defending it. To each their own.

If we are going to busy ourselves calling out disrespectful adults... we should be consistent in our practices- not just selective based on how we see a particular issue.

Even on the 'vegan vs meat' issue that reared its head in this thread: Spiritual has used very strong language condemning meat eaters. I understand where his passion lies and I get where he's coming from (even though I disagree with him); however, he doesn't get shredded for calling meat eaters lazy and foul like the 'oafs' who flaunted grilling meat.

Devil's advocate, but I think it comes down to the societal impacts of the two sides. You for example, have made it clear how you view the Trump supporter and very few people come down on you for it that are left to post in here anymore. I would assume that's because it's commonly agreed and known that the Trump impact on the world is mainly negative. With that said, owning weapons and meat eating also have a much more significant negative impact on people and the world, which is why you won't get many people ciriticizing someone not partaking in meat-a-palooza or weaponizing the world. The two side are not the same and never will be. It doesn't mean their aren't good people out there hunting for their own meat with weapons, but the overall impact of that group will also lean to the negative unless a shift is made by the majority that represent them.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    It would be better if the pro gun posters here started a thread about their gun rights I have no problem with that I do have a problem with trying to interject humor in this thread , I’ve changed my approach screw the weapons !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    dignin said:

Ah, “both sides”. 

You do realize that the “they” that started this were Spiritual and Halifax (and Halifax was making fun from another thread). Power and I responded. Like I said, I had filet mignon and all of a sudden I was for animal abuse.  If you are gonna call people out make sure you call everyOne out. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Ah, “both sides”. 

Oh?

As I do when I see people saying “fuck your weapons” or throwing people that eat meat under the bus...
    Fuck weapons and screw weapons is not only intelligent but acceptable in these parts. However you say fuck gun control in response to that and you are public enemy number one. 
  • Options
    Like i stated you guys want an all you can BBRQ thread they are in AET forum or start your own GUN RIGHTS thread here on the MT , this thread is for the support of the kids that are for more gun regulations after they experienced a massacre at their own school ....screw the weapons ...
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,605
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m not a gun nut.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    Fuck your gun control.  There, that post is relevant.
    F5
    F5
    F5

That’s right, very responsible.  Screw your gun control.

Not a gun nut. Right. 
    Come oftenreading you are better than this; you know pjpower is playing on jose's words.  
    You and pjpower are acting like a couple of babies in this thread. It's disgraceful.
    Don’t forget about my boy Halifax, he started asking me about what I ate. Then all of a sudden I am for animal abuse because I ate a filet mignon for dinner. 
    I believe I asked you about what you enjoyed eating as a play on your post, if it wasn’t you, I apologize, about being peppered with questions because asking honest questions is a part of a healthy debate and your response was when my wife asked what I wanted for dinner, you responded on my behalf by saying I might be vegan, or had I tried the pizza down the street. She ordered dominoes. All in good fun. Relax Francis.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    dignin said:
    dignin said:

Ah, “both sides”. 

Oh?

Devil's advocate, but I think it comes down to the societal impacts of the two sides. You for example, have made it clear how you view the Trump supporter and very few people come down on you for it that are left to post in here anymore. I would assume that's because it's commonly agreed and known that the Trump impact on the world is mainly negative. With that said, owning weapons and meat eating also have a much more significant negative impact on people and the world, which is why you won't get many people ciriticizing someone not partaking in meat-a-palooza or weaponizing the world. The two side are not the same and never will be. It doesn't mean their aren't good people out there hunting for their own meat with weapons, but the overall impact of that group will also lean to the negative unless a shift is made by the majority that represent them.

I understand what you are trying to say. I disagree with it though.

If I am calling a Trump supporter a bucktoothed, brain dead twit... and a Trump supporter comes on and calls me a man-bunned, limp wristed, soft socialist... people should not come on here and jump down the throats of the Trump supporter for his comments after allowing mine to pass.

In other words, if people are going to object to people slinging mud... then object to people slinging mud- not just the mud that is flung at them. It's a double standard... pure and simple. 

* Have I made it that clear what I think of the Trump supporter lol? In reality, I could get along with every one of them just fine (provided they have a bit of patience when I make fun of them I guess!).
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    dignin said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    I’m not a gun nut.

PJPOWER said:

PJPOWER said:
    Fuck your gun control.  There, that post is relevant.
    F5
    F5
    F5

That’s right, very responsible.  Screw your gun control.

Not a gun nut. Right. 
    Come oftenreading you are better than this; you know pjpower is playing on jose's words.  
    You and pjpower are acting like a couple of babies in this thread. It's disgraceful.
    Don’t forget about my boy Halifax, he started asking me about what I ate. Then all of a sudden I am for animal abuse because I ate a filet mignon for dinner. 
    I believe I asked you about what you enjoyed eating as a play on your post, if it wasn’t you, I apologize, about being peppered with questions because asking honest questions is a part of a healthy debate and your response was when my wife asked what I wanted for dinner, you responded on my behalf by saying I might be vegan, or had I tried the pizza down the street. She ordered dominoes. All in good fun. Relax Francis.
    Oh I thought your questions were funny as hell. Things got serious when I was accused of being pro animal abuse. Then all of a sudden power and I are talking bbq in response to it and the mob was out.  Good times. 
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    I only care about the kids getting reunited with their biological parents as of now this administration is totally incompetent in getting this accomplished , you can eat all the steak in the world just know while you can put your kids to bed every night there are countless kids that have no one to tuck them in ! Enjoy your steak & eggs this morning...
    So it’s cool to stray off topic when you do it, but no one else?  Noted...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    I only care about the kids getting reunited with their biological parents as of now this administration is totally incompetent in getting this accomplished , you can eat all the steak in the world just know while you can put your kids to bed every night there are countless kids that have no one to tuck them in ! Enjoy your steak & eggs this morning...
    So it’s cool to stray off topic when you do it, but no one else?  Noted...
    That was my mistake i thought i was posting on the immigration thread so yeah i was wrong ...it's ok to admitt mistakes 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826

Ah, “both sides”. 

What, you can't take a joke? I thought that was what this thread was about now. Just kidding around. Some people are so sensitive :weary:

And when I say the side that history will show to be correct, I mean the anti-gun side.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    My once a day bump even if it’s into a hollow chamber , I’ll be here everyday...
    need more gun reform keep our schools safe ...
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Or actually make schools safe.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    Did you conceal carry in those some 20 other countries you visited?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    Like i stated you guys want an all you can BBRQ thread they are in AET forum or start your own GUN RIGHTS thread here on the MT , this thread is for the support of the kids that are for more gun regulations after they experienced a massacre at their own school ....screw the weapons ...
    I'm on your side of this debate...but comeon man you can't honestly believe that only 1 side of any argument should be in each thread of AMT?  Really?  That's what you expect? 

So if I start a thread about abortion being murder, y'all will just stay out of it and let everyone that agree chime in with me?  Please.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

Ah, “both sides”. 

What, you can't take a joke? I thought that was what this thread was about now. Just kidding around. Some people are so sensitive :weary:

And when I say the side that history will show to be correct, I mean the anti-gun side.

You'll have to excuse me for missing the humour. In fairness, there were a number of factors that limited my ability to decipher it.
  • Options
    I'm on your side of this debate...but comeon man you can't honestly believe that only 1 side of any argument should be in each thread of AMT?  Really?  That's what you expect? 

So if I start a thread about abortion being murder, y'all will just stay out of it and let everyone that agree chime in with me?  Please.
    I can see your point doesn't mean i have to agree but you have a valid argument , i think once you start to debate gunrights in this thread it will just go off track on what the original point of thread was i'm probably wrong but that's my honest opinion ...
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826

Generally, I would agree that threads on AMT should be fully open to debate, but this thread is different, given who the OP is and why it was started. There are already a bunch of gun threads here where people are free to say “fuck your gun control”, and while I will always think that’s a stupid comment, I wouldn’t dispute their right to say it. 

Imagine if if a parent of a child survivor of cancer started a thread here, asking for support and donations to fight cancer. Likely a bunch of posters would say “fuck cancer”. If someone then came on that thread and said “fuck your prevention and early detection and treatment of cancer”, then I suspect that many people would see that as offensive. The first comment expresses outrage at a destructive and dangerous force, while the second is just pointless trolling. The two are not morally equivalent. 

Americans die of gun homicide at a rate 25 times higher than other developed counties. Imagine how all of your politicians would be scrambling to find answers if the rate of American cancer deaths was 25 times higher than other developed nations?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

Generally, I would agree that threads on AMT should be fully open to debate, but this thread is different, given who the OP is and why it was started. There are already a bunch of gun threads here where people are free to say “fuck your gun control”, and while I will always think that’s a stupid comment, I wouldn’t dispute their right to say it. 

Imagine if if a parent of a child survivor of cancer started a thread here, asking for support and donations to fight cancer. Likely a bunch of posters would say “fuck cancer”. If someone then came on that thread and said “fuck your prevention and early detection and treatment of cancer”, then I suspect that many people would see that as offensive. The first comment expresses outrage at a destructive and dangerous force, while the second is just pointless trolling. The two are not morally equivalent. 

Americans die of gun homicide at a rate 25 times higher than other developed counties. Imagine how all of your politicians would be scrambling to find answers if the rate of American cancer deaths was 25 times higher than other developed nations?

Then the thread needed only one post.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539

Then the thread needed only one post.
    Agreed.
    The whole Parkland March for Our Lives thing is absolutely a political topic and a controversial one. I don't think it makes sense to suggest that a thread with this title shouldn't be used for debate. This is not a mourning thread as far as I'm concerned. If it were, then the OP should not have named it March for Our Lives, since that is a political movement/protest.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    i'll just keep coming here and bumping it for the support of this movement , i don't wanna argue with anyone at all ....
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    Alex, I'll take That's None of Your F-ing Business for $500 please.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    I'd love to be able to conceal carry.  maybe one day in new jersey.  
  • Options
    https://www.thetrace.org/rounds/marina-butina-march-on-nra/
    Great work here totally support this ...
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    It’s what you respond with when you’re afraid of an honest answer. I thought you were a tough guy?

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Snowing in July. Love it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    It’s what you respond with when you’re afraid of an honest answer. I thought you were a tough guy?
    I think you have me confused with those that lob personal attacks from the safety of their Mom’s basement.  I’m sure someone here can help you with that.

Afraid of an honest answer?  The answer was completely honest and factual.  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    I'd love to be able to conceal carry.  maybe one day in new jersey.  
    You might want to explore a move.  It was worth it for me, love living where I do.
  • Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    I think you have me confused with those that lob personal attacks from the safety of their Mom’s basement.  I’m sure someone here can help you with that.

Afraid of an honest answer?  The answer was completely honest and factual.  
    How is asking you a question a personal attack? You claimed to have traveled to 20 some countries. I asked you an honest question. Paranoid and afraid I see.

Brilliantati©