2018 Winner/Loser Thread

Comments

• Options
    GM17961GM17961 Posts: 158
    Boston N1 - Won
    Seattle N2 Res - Won
    Seattle N1 Res - Won
    Boston N2 - Won

First time seeing them in Seattle and first time I'll be going to Fenway.  And, bonus, I don't have to see the Red Sox to do it.
    1st - Randalls Island 1 '96
    20 shows in-between
    Most recent - St Louis '22
  • Options
    lukemil33lukemil33 Vandalia, OH Posts: 231
    Woke up to this:
    1. Chicago 1 Reserved--Won 
    2. Boston 1 Reserved--Won
    So glad that I got the shows I wanted and don't have to go through Ticketmaster!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited February 2018
    JP218404 said:
    Congrats to all. Seems like most everyone got something and are happy 

thank you to 10C for securing so many tickets in advance to take care of fans!  

Maybe the complaining about the cost of the tickets will stop that most of us don’t have to deal with the scam that is Ticketmaster. if the cost is a little more for the them hold back more tickets for us it’s worth it!

see ya in Chicago and Boston! 
    This is a message I can support.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,053
    I was 1 for 1 but don't understand why those that lose their round 1 pick don't get any priority ranking for round 2. Seeing a few fans get shut out of multiple shows, yet others going 2 for 2 doesn't seem right,especially if those shut out #2 pick was for reserved.
    Can't imagine how that could be worked into an algorithm. You can only notice that sorta detail after the dust settles. When your top picks are high demand shows, that's the risk.
  • Options

bigsky said:

I cannot believe I seriously lost every single one... I don't even know what to do now... I didn't enter for the ticketmaster verified presale (Because I figured there was no way I could lose all 3), and probably wont be able to get anything now. Correct?
    Don’t get discouraged. You may end up paying a little more but just buy tickets online. Try Ticketmaster or shop around. I’m going to both shows in Seattle and didn’t put in for the 10c tickets. Only trying for Missoula and Chicago via 10c. I’ll find a way in to the Seattle shows. Might pay for it but I won’t  miss it! 
    Yeah, exactly, don't get discouraged.   There's options out there and TM will most likely do a ticket drop.  Keep your eyes peeled.
    Well before anything there is the verified sale, and I stupidly didn't register for that because I didn't think that I would have to, and I feel as though there will not be any left over by the time it hits general sale on the 21st.
    Already on aftermarket sales. Also will be 10 clobbers selling as well. Find 2 single ga tickets

• Options

bigsky said:

I cannot believe I seriously lost every single one... I don't even know what to do now... I didn't enter for the ticketmaster verified presale (Because I figured there was no way I could lose all 3), and probably wont be able to get anything now. Correct?
    Don’t get discouraged. You may end up paying a little more but just buy tickets online. Try Ticketmaster or shop around. I’m going to both shows in Seattle and didn’t put in for the 10c tickets. Only trying for Missoula and Chicago via 10c. I’ll find a way in to the Seattle shows. Might pay for it but I won’t  miss it! 
    Can you transfer a ticketmaster code?  I registered for the presale but won't be trying to buy tickets.
    bigsky said:

Can you transfer a ticketmaster code?  I registered for the presale but won't be trying to buy tickets.
    bigsky said:

bigsky said:

Buy the ticket and sell them
  • Options

bigsky said:

bigsky said:

bigsky said:

bigsky said:

Buy the ticket and sell them
    The way it was described by the guy from Ticketmaster, that has an impact on getting selected for Verified Fan. I'm sure selling one pair wouldn't make a huge difference, but I also don't see any upside. I think the best move for people who get codes and don't need them is to just sit the sale out.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I was 1 for 1 but don't understand why those that lose their round 1 pick don't get any priority ranking for round 2. Seeing a few fans get shut out of multiple shows, yet others going 2 for 2 doesn't seem right,especially if those shut out #2 pick was for reserved.

If you make your selections wisely...
    you won't get shut out!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    I got my email at 3.25am GMT. Over the moon to have got Seattle GA night 2! 24 years of this great band, never in my wildest dreams could i have imagined to be travelling to Seattle! If I could tell me 16year old self that when I was 40 I'd be seeing 5 shows in Europe, and then Seattle?! Nope, mind has been blown!!! 
    AWESOME!!!!!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Got boston 1 as my only choice- entered my cc # incorrectly and was notified-easy fix now good to go!
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,220
    SteffyLou said:
    Anyone know if 1,2,9,and 10 are up for anyone for Seattle? I know it is for Boston. I didn’t know how that would or could work for Seattle since there is GA. 

There is no row 1, 2, 9 or 10 where there is GA, so no that only applies to shows that are 100% reserved like Boston.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    1st Choice - SEA 1 GA - WON
    2nd Choice - SEA 2 GA - LOST
    3rd Choice - CHI 1 GA - LOST
    4th Choice SEA 1 RES - LOST
    5th Choice SEA 2 RES - WON
    6th Choice - CHI RES - LOST

Really stoked about going to Seattle and having those tickets!  Still looking for two to Chicago night 1!  Come on Verified fan...
  • Options
    mcatakemcatake Posts: 101
    Me
    1st Choice Chi 1 GA - LOST
    2nd Choice Chi 1 Res - WON
    Wife
    1st Choice Chi 2 GA - WON
    2nd Choice Chi 2 Res - LOST

Happy with the results especially with my number being much lower than my wife's for our reserved seats.
  • Options
    riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,128
    If anyone had a spare GA Seattle night 2, please PM me :)
  • Options
    My record drops to 0-7. Did anyone else lose and not receive an email? I assume you only get an email if you win?
  • Options
    DeckDing said:
    My record drops to 0-7. Did anyone else lose and not receive an email? I assume you only get an email if you win?

No email yet for me either.
  • Options
    DeckDing said:
    You get the L email too...
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,177

Won Wrigley 1 and 2 reserved and Boston 2.

Lost Boston 1 as my 2nd choice.

I should've put it first but I played straight by the odds as Wrigley 1 was lower.

Didn't factor in all the GA requests that would be filled first. Boston was all reserved so those odds were more true.

Let this be a lesson to all of you. the order you choose makes all the difference. Could've gotten Wrigley 1 easy as a 2nd choice.

I am sorry. I feel like I failed the Derby Dave school of the lottery.

so anyway......... looking for 2 tix for Boston night 1.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    lolobugg said:

Won Wrigley 1 and 2 reserved and Boston 2.

Lost Boston 1 as my 2nd choice. moo

I should've put it first but I played straight by the odds as Wrigley 1 was lower.

Didn't factor in all the GA requests that would be filled first. Boston was all reserved so those odds were more true.

Let this be a lesson to all of you. the order you choose makes all the difference. Could've gotten Wrigley 1 easy as a 2nd choice.

I am sorry. I feel like I failed the Derby Dave school of the lottery.

so anyway......... looking for 2 tix for Boston night 1.

We can't win them all my friend!! :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    pearldavidsonpearldavidson PA Posts: 1,356
    Missoula GA - Won (Only show I put it in for)

• Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 803
    Found out that I can actually go to Italy in June-so found a Milan pit ticket and Padua nosebleed last night, then woke up to find I'd won Boston 2. Happy Birthday to me. Now I have to reroute my US/Latin America holiday on the way to NZ. First world problems...
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    DeckDing said:
    What did you put in for, what order?
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

I was fortunate enough to score both Chicago and the Boston  II shows through the lottery. I’m probably the last asshole on earth with no cell phone and now that tickets are only  distributed digitally , I’m kind of in a pickle.  I will figure something out as we get closer  to the shows, but even if I had a cell phone I would still rather have a hard ticket and especially 10C tickets (which sometimes come with the PJ logo). Am I the only one who cares about this shit ?

They will probably have a commemorative ticket at the merch booth, which I will purchase, but it is just not the same as your own ticket stub to go in the book with the rest of the stubs

• Options
    edited February 2018
    AG280962 said:

I was fortunate enough to score both Chicago and the Boston  II shows through the lottery. I’m probably the last asshole on earth with no cell phone and now that tickets are only  distributed digitally , I’m kind of in a pickle.  I will figure something out as we get closer  to the shows, but even if I had a cell phone I would still rather have a hard ticket and especially 10C tickets (which sometimes come with the PJ logo). Am I the only one who cares about this shit ?

They will probably have a commemorative ticket at the merch booth, which I will purchase, but it is just not the same as your own ticket stub to go in the book with the rest of the stubs

On the phone thing, I'd email the Ten Club and see what they recommend. The details have been vague, so I'd review options with them first if I were you. Might be simpler paths than what you're thinking. Maybe give them a month or so - I'm sure they're crazy right now.

I would love a commemorative ticket, but would definitely want it to have my details. If they sell custom versions, I'm in. Generic versions, keep it.
  • Options
    AG280962 said:

Why would you enter a drawing for digital only tickets if you don't have a smartphone?  also, its 2018, who doesn't have a cell phone?  you can get an iphone for free these days just for signing up with some carriers.
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Mine Chicago:
      1st:   18th Res  WON
       2nd:   20th Res  WON
       3rd:    20th GA   LOST
       4th:    18th GA   LOST

My Wifes Chicago:
       1st:   20th  GA   WON
       2nd:  18th  GA   LOST
       3rd:   18th  Res   LOST
       4th:   20th  Res   LOST

Worked out exactly the way we were hoping.  Taking our kids the 20th.   

Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    3 for 3: Wrigley, Wrigley, Missoula.  All reserved.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    u2gator said:
    Fingers are crossed waiting for results for my Boston tickets to come through.  Waited until last night to enter.  Already have room booked.

• Options
    JbarkerJbarker Alberta Posts: 557

Nice work 10C for getting tickets to the fans and getting sooooo many notifications out in good order.

I made changes with minutes to spare and had my email at bedtime.

Much love to the busy 10C staff.

Sea2-Res

Sea1-Res

Miss-Res

Only entries I made.

• Options
    ssommers21ssommers21 CHICAGO IL Posts: 78
    Does anyone have a spare ticket for Wrigley #1.  Desperately looking.  This is both times I've been shut out of the Saturday Show at Wrigley.  
    1st:  6/26/1998 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI
    2nd:  6/13/1999 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - TIBETAN FREEDOM (Eddie Vedder + C Average)
    3rd:  8/18/2000 - Deer Creek Music Theater - Noblesville, IN
    4th:  10/8/2000 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI (The Ice Bowl)
    5th:  4/23/2003 - Assembly Hall - Champaign, IL
    6th:  6/18/2003 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    7th:  6/21/2003 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI
    8th:  6/29/2006 - Marcus Amphitheater - Milwaukee, WI
    9th:  8/23/2009 - United Center - Chicago, IL
    10th:  5/7/2010 - Deer Creek Music Theater - Noblesville, IN
    11th:  7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    12th:  10/20/2014 - BMO Harris Bradley Center - Milwaukee, WI
    13th:  8/20/2016 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    14th:  8/22/2016 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    15th:  8/18/2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL
    16th:  8/20/2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago, IL