13»

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,895
    PJNB said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJNB said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJNB said:
    Seems like people like the method that suits them best. Shocking really. 
    Not necessarily. Each person in a couple having separate entries certainly doesn't benefit me in any way, as a single person. What is most fair suits me best, and forcing couples to act like they are one person is about as unfair as it gets.
    Seems like you are one of the few but welcome to the right side of the argument! Kidding of course. Just feel like some people believe one thing and others believe another and nothing is going to change this. 10 club is going to do as they will to have us get tickets in the way we are intended to get them. I just hope that there are not a lot of empty seats out there because people are eating their tickets since they can't sell them in pairs anymore.  
    If people let that happen then they're pretty stupid. There will be plenty of people happy to buy whatever spare tickets they have, no matter where they happen to be and no matter how many there are... or maybe I'm not getting you... Do you think people would actually not go to a show because of this???? I can't see that happening. People will adjust. They're just whining. People hate change, lol.
    No I am just saying that a couple (or ticket buddies for that matter. This should not be a household and couples debate imo)  will get 4 tickets. Each ten club member will have 1 seat tied to their name. Since the member with the worse seats will move up with their ticket partner they will only be able to sell their guest ticket and the ticket tied to their name would go empty. That is unless people manipulated the system and had someone sit in a seat that was not assigned to them. GA this does not matter btw just reserved. 
    .... I can't stop thinking about the idea that couples absolutely MUST sit together, and they'd do so even if it meant letting a pair of tickets go to waste, which to me seems like a travesty and just plain old rude. Is it just me, or does that seem completely moronic? They can't be apart for a few hours and talk about the show after?? Yeah, I get some want to "experience it together"... but come on, it's not so bad enjoying something separate from the spouse once in a while! Well, in any case, surely people are bright enough to get around this rule. It really isn't hard to figure out how to switch seats up inside the venue. It's not Big Brother. It's Safeco Field, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,970
    I’m very happy to see the change.  It will be interesting to see if it makes it easier for people
    to score tickets.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• stevedsteved Posts: 657
    I won't argue that there are some people that are advantaged by the fact that they have a ticket buddy or a wife or husband that is a fan or they sign up. 

The problem is it cant be determined which person or couple is doing this or isn't. The irony is, this method will not prevent either of these things for those same people. Those who are already savy about how the system works will not be deterred in anyway by this. 

Remember also this is a band that sells as many memberships as they possibly can as part of their revenue. They could have put their cut off date prior to the leak of the tour dates but they did not.  That leak surely created thousands of memberships whether it was an accidental leak or intentional. This is a business. More memberships equals more money for them. 40$ a year is plenty more than buying an album that comes out every four years. 

I would also presume the new method is all software generated and automated and outsourced. Where as in the past it has cost them a lot more man power and money to run the Ten Club ticketing. I am not trying to bash them at all. It simply is a 21st century attempt at running a business that will in many ways move backwards in controlling the market in my opinion. I think you will find many more high quality tickets on the third party open market. 
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2