Options

Ticket Strategy

Comments

• Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 400
    I believe it is safe to say that once the % begin to drop below 99% means total tix available =demand through ALL PICKS that being said I believe that wrigley 1 ga is a lot of 1st round picks where as wrigley 1 res is more 2-3 picks 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,970
    Wrigley 1 Reserved now starting to drop.  96% now
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    BRONDOBRONDO Columbus, OH Posts: 400
    The way it looks right now is EVERYONE is putting in for ga 1&2 picks because reserve hasn’t dropped. Once there is no 99% guarantee reserve people might change their priorities but this won’t influence the % because they will still be picking the same just in different priorities. Don’t waste your picks people!!
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    BRONDO said:
    The way it looks right now is EVERYONE is putting in for ga 1&2 picks because reserve hasn’t dropped. Once there is no 99% guarantee reserve people might change their priorities but this won’t influence the % because they will still be picking the same just in different priorities. Don’t waste your picks people!!
    I agree. I think this time everyone is putting in GA first priority, which makes sense. But over the weekend, the reserve seats will drop below 99 and people will have to decide if it’s worth the gamble. My guess is all the GA’s except MT will be 30% or lower by Monday. 
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
     Odds close to drawing time in 2016

6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    Excellent thread folks, lots of great info....Question: I'm trying to get into the Missoula show, my # is a crazy 678XXX...I put my #1 choice (only choice) as reserved seats...do I have any chance at scoring a pair, any chance at all??   Thanks!!
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    you are not going to get GA tickets as a #2 choice

• Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778

U will with MT. 
  • Options
    RobZRobZ Park City, Utah Posts: 181
    I didn't put a #2 choice...but I'll take anything. 
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

• Options
    RobZ said:
    I didn't put a #2 choice...but I'll take anything

I would  say you are almost guaranteed MT tix with reserved as your only pick

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152

People did last time. I don't think it really hurts to try for GA with your first few priorities, at least not at this point.

Wrigley 1 reserved was at 95% last I checked. I expect those odds to decrease somewhat between now and Monday. Let's say it dips to 75%. After all the GA winners get removed from the reserved drawing, true reserved odds would likely shoot back up to perfect, or awfully good. 

This makes prioritizing another GA relatively low risk. If you could try for GA 2 or 3 times, and still pick up reserved further down the line, why wouldn't you? Assuming, of course, that you want GA. 

• Options
    RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
     Odds close to drawing time in 2016

Eddieshometown - awesome chart!  Thanks for showing this!
  • Options
    I can only afford 1 of 2 for Fenway and I have a pretty low seniority (522XXX) so I'm going for night 2 thinking that it will be less in demand since it's on a weeknight meaning maybe slightly better seats for me. Hopefully that turns out to be true. I live walking distance to the park so it's killing me not being able to put in for both shows but oh well. Considering offering up my guest room in exchange for a ticket to the first show =)
    [X]  Greenville, SC (September 04, 1998)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (August 04, 2000)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (April 16, 2003)
    [X]  Asheville, NC (October 06, 2004)
    [X]  Columbia, SC(June 16, 2008)
    [X]  Charlotte, NC (October 30, 2013)
    [X]  Austin, TX (October 12, 2014)
    [X]  NYC (September 26, 2015)
    [X]  Columbia, SC (April 21, 2016)
  • Options
    I hope this hasn't been answered already.

If I put in for GA and get denied... am I shit out of luck? I'm wondering why it doesn't appear to give you the option of accepting 'reserved' in the event you are denied GA?

What will getting tix be like in the general sale to get into the building (Seattle Night 2 specifically)?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,908

If I put in for GA and get denied... am I shit out of luck? I'm wondering why it doesn't appear to give you the option of accepting 'reserved' in the event you are denied GA?

What will getting tix be like in the general sale to get into the building (Seattle Night 2 specifically)?
    Del,
    put down ga as choice 1 then reserved for choice 2. Problem solved. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

Yes.  Just make GA your first choice and Reserved your second choice.  If you miss out on the GA tickets you will be eligible for the Reserved drawing.  Those who have Reserved as their #1 choice will get chosen first.  But with the Seattle 2 Reserved odds currently at 99% you should be guaranteed tickets.
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,248

It does give you that option, you just enter for both options for a show, you can only win one, the other will be cancelled if you win first choice.
    You put in GA as 1st choice then reserved for same show as 2nd choice. If you don't win GA, hopefully you win reserved (currently Seattle 2 is at 99% for reserved), so if that's the only show you want, put GA as 1st option then reserved as 2nd and you will get tickets just a question of whether they are GA or reserved. (As the odds currently stand, that could change by Monday)
    If you win GA, you reserved request is then cancelled, if you don't win GA, you then hopefully get your 2nd choice for reserved selected..
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    3days said:

People did last time. I don't think it really hurts to try for GA with your first few priorities, at least not at this point.

Wrigley 1 reserved was at 95% last I checked. I expect those odds to decrease somewhat between now and Monday. Let's say it dips to 75%. After all the GA winners get removed from the reserved drawing, true reserved odds would likely shoot back up to perfect, or awfully good. 

This makes prioritizing another GA relatively low risk. If you could try for GA 2 or 3 times, and still pick up reserved further down the line, why wouldn't you? Assuming, of course, that you want GA. 

I only want reserved seating at Wrigley 1 & Wrigley 2.  I never thought of what you posted (bolded) - good to see there's some people rubbing those brain cells a bit more than me. Thanks!
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    Okay beauty. Thanks folks!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    incidental immortalityincidental immortality CT Posts: 444
    edited February 2018
    3days said:

I only want reserved seating at Wrigley 1 & Wrigley 2.  I never thought of what you posted (bolded) - good to see there's some people rubbing those brain cells a bit more than me. Thanks!
    Your odds are even better if you make Reserved your #1 pick.  Remember, you get drawn before those who have GA as their #1 and Reserved as their #2.
    Post edited by incidental immortality on
    Boston (4/10/94), Hartford (10/2/96), Barre (8/22/98), Hartford (9/13/98), Mansfield (9/15/98 + 9/16/98), Mansfield (8/29/00 + 8/30/00), Mansfield (7/2/03 + 7/11/03), Boston (9/28/04), Hartford (5/13/06), Boston (5/24/06 + 5/25/06), Hartford (6/27/08), Mansfield (6/28/08 + 6/30/08), Philadelphia (10/31/09), Hartford (5/15/10), Worcester (10/15/13 + 10/16/13), Hartford (10/25/13), New York (5/1/16), Boston (8/5/16 + 8/7/16), Boston (9/2/18 + 9/4/18)
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,970
    Anyone think the odds will shift a lot over the weekend?  I hope Wrigley stops falling. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Anyone think the odds will shift a lot over the weekend?  I hope Wrigley stops falling. 
    It's sure to shift quite a lot over the weekend, as per the last lottery that was run :(
  • Options
    rvapetervapete Posts: 488
    edited February 2018
    These are large scale stadium shows meaning (aside from Reserved only Fenway) reserved seating is pointless and a waste of Ten Club priority.  Stage is too far away from any position but the GA for any intimacy of experience.  In all honesty a nosebleed seat for cheap day of provides a better sightline than a fancy reserved seat behind home plate. Shows followed by a weekday will always have the better odds since 9-5 MF crowd is hindered by work the next day.  

For this tour Missoula will hands down be both the best show and easiest GA experience to win
    Post edited by rvapete on
  • Options
    IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 558
    edited February 2018
    rvapete said:
    These are large scale stadium shows meaning (aside from Reserved only Fenway) reserved seating is pointless and a waste of Ten Club priority.  Stage is too far away from any position but the GA for any intimacy of experience.  In all honesty a nosebleed seat for cheap day of provides a better sightline than a fancy reserved seat behind home plate. Shows followed by a weekday will always have the better odds since 9-5 MF crowd is hindered by work the next day.  

For this tour Missoula will hands down be both the best show and easiest GA experience to win
    I disagree.  Reserved seating for ANY of the Wrigley shows that PJ has played, they've been sell outs and a healthy mark up on the resale market. If I can use my 10c membership to purchase reserved seating, I'll be ecstatic (and not pay ridiculous resale market prices to attend).  I don't want to stand outside for hours to just get in, to stand for another 6-7 hours surrounded by a mass of people to just be close.  I'd very much rather enjoy the splendor that is Chicago during the day (and not stand in line for hours at a time) and then have a place to park my arse a time or two during the show and still hear the tunes, live, of the band.
    Post edited by IlliniGuy76 on
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago)

• Options
    ReleaseMeReleaseMe Mississauga, Ontario Posts: 745
    rvapete said:

I disagree.  Reserved seating for ANY of the Wrigley shows that PJ has played, they've been sell outs and a healthy mark up on the resale market. If I can use my 10c membership to purchase reserved seating, I'll be ecstatic (and not pay ridiculous resale market prices to attend).  I don't want to stand outside for hours to just get in, to stand for another 6-7 hours surrounded by a mass of people to just be close.  I'd very much rather enjoy the splendor that is Chicago during the day (and not stand in line for hours at a time) and then have a place to park my arse a time or two during the show and still hear the tunes, live, of the band.
    I agree, I doubt you'd find nose bleeds below face value or at cost on the day of... unless you're trying to purchase an hour or two after the show starts
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • Options
    Blacksheep76Blacksheep76 Houston, TX Posts: 167
    I'm shooting for Boston 1 Res., Boston 2 Res., and Missoula Res. in this order.  Anyone see a problem with this order?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,813
    I'm shooting for Boston 1 Res., Boston 2 Res., and Missoula Res. in this order.  Anyone see a problem with this order?
    They are all 99% if anything drops put it as your first. 
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 649
    Nope. Perfect
  • Options
    Can you change your priority once you enter if you change your mind before the drawing? Sorry if this has been asked. 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    edited February 2018
    Yes. Cancel your original picks, and then resubmit in whatever order you like.
    Post edited by 3days on