2020 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Posts: 782
    JimmyV said:
    Deadman said:
    Very comical to me how many fans already know how much filler a double album would hold.  If we were to truly be blessed with a double album it might be best to reserve judgement until you've heard it.
    Yep.

From "appreciate every minute, who knows what the future may hold" to "pfft, a double album would suck" in record time. 
    I see what you're saying, but would you want an extra album's worth of what was left OFF Lightning Bolt?

I would take and listen to any studio recorded music the band were to offer at this time yes.  It's been quite awhile.  I enjoy Lightning Bolt.  I enjoy all of their records.  Sure, some more than others, but i'll take more anytime.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JimmyV said:
    Deadman said:
    Very comical to me how many fans already know how much filler a double album would hold.  If we were to truly be blessed with a double album it might be best to reserve judgement until you've heard it.
    Yep.

From "appreciate every minute, who knows what the future may hold" to "pfft, a double album would suck" in record time. 
    I see what you're saying, but would you want an extra album's worth of what was left OFF Lightning Bolt?
    I don't know what was left off of Lightning Bolt. Wish I did!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,031
    It is truly amazing. First of all, there is zero substance to the rumor that there will even be a double album.  Second, as soon as its even mentioned it already sucks with a bunch of filler.  But its not surprising on here with the amount of ridiculous posts I've seen over the years.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Deadman said:
    Yep.

I don't think anyone does. But I think the general consensus is that album could have been a really good EP. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Deadman said:
    Yep.

I don't think anyone does. But I think the general consensus is that album could have been a really good EP. 
    Maybe, but I like Lightning Bolt. Are there songs I skip? Absolutely, but there are songs I skip on Backspacer, Riot Act, Binaural, Yield, No Code, and Vitalogy, too. Meanwhile the Sads, Downs, and Undones of the world failed to make it onto their respective albums.

After six years, I'd love to hear everything they've got.

• given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Deadman said:
    Yep.

Maybe, but I like Lightning Bolt. Are there songs I skip? Absolutely, but there are songs I skip on Backspacer, Riot Act, Binaural, Yield, No Code, and Vitalogy, too. Meanwhile the Sads, Downs, and Undones of the world failed to make it onto their respective albums.

and I LOVE Can't Deny Me.  Seriously.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    Deadman said:
    Yep.

only songs I skip are on LB. I don't skip any tracks on any other album. but of course I want to HEAR what they have, that way it can obviously be judged accordingly. 

But, yeah, these days most of the PJ I play are Lost Dogs and the other b sides. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,377
    is that an actual 10C rule?  Not being a wise guy I honestly didn't know that.  But that quote of Dimitri was too rich to pass.
    is that an actual 10C rule?  Not being a wise guy I honestly didn't know that.  But that quote of Dimitri was too rich to pass.
    no, it's not a rule. it's just something many of us are trying to stay away from, giving that site the clicks he so desperately needs. 

of course you can do as you please! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,765
    on2legs said:
    Am I saving money for a double album or for a tour?
    Its actually going to be a triple album. 
    I heard that too.  They want to compete with Green Day 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • rummyrummy British Columbia, Canada Posts: 4,345
    edited August 2019
    D-Rod said:
    on2legs said:
    Am I saving money for a double album or for a tour?
    Its actually going to be a triple album. 
    I heard that too.  They want to compete with Green Day 
    They will be titled "Scissors," "Paper," "STONE!"
    Post edited by rummy on
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    Things got real. 
    Will blow your minds whats coming
    One tip.. Save fuckin money.!! 
    Do I have a lot of time to save money...

or are things happening soon / I should have started saving yesterday?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    I’m saving my money in hopes I can buy the new triple album delivered personally by boom wearing nothing but a 7” Christmas single  on his dick. 

Yeah, it would have the big hole.
    The 2017 one? Only if it’s that one. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876

Yeeeeeaaaahhhhh buddy!

Any regions or timing hints you can give?
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale

This basically gospel, now. It's all happening!

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    JimmyV said:

This basically gospel, now. It's all happening!

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638

I love that pic. Thank you 
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    JP218404 said:

???
  • SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,346
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486

Thats an old picture. Isnt it?
    D.Frank said:

Thats an old picture. Isnt it?
    It is. But, LeafsJaysCubsRaptorsFan was DEAD ON in 2018 and like dimi, seems to know things.
    Please start leaking dates soon...

• Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    JimmyV said:
    Not even exact dates haha, just months would be great so I can move my schedule around 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    JimmyV said:
    Not even exact dates haha, just months would be great so I can move my schedule around 
    lol word! My family wants me to go back to Seattle for a visit, be nice if I could knock a couple things out while I'm in the area
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    edited August 2019
    JimmyV said:
    Once the "arena" holds come trickling in then the real fun starts. Hoping we get some info like previous tours in the fall. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Bring on the dates!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.