ed-both
    stone-no one will ever know
    jeff-both
    boom-passion

lol. I love Stone. 
    looking to hear of the earth
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    Stemming off your question.. Does anyone think they would ever definitively mark an album as their last? (Album can be replaced by tour too for conversations sake)
    I obviously have no idea, but I tend to think not. I think they would be more likely to just say in interviews that they're taking a hiatus, and then that would turn into an indefinite one. Just like Fugazi did. It's been 17 years and I'm still waiting for Fugazi's indefinite hiatus to end, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^ I don’t think they’d ever say it’s their final album in advance.  I do think they’d do a “farewell tour.”  Just my guess which could be wrong of course. Hope that’s many years away whichever direction they go. 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited January 2018
    I don't think they'd do a farewell tour because I think they'd want to leave the door open to more performances down the road, however rare, and a farewell tour makes doing that seem kind of ridiculous.
    What I'm more curious about is what they'll be like if they don't break up Pearl Jam. What will a 70 year old band be like, and what will the old-ass crown be like? I don't really like to think about it, lol. At some point, if they do keep playing indefinitely in some way or other, they're going to be a bunch of old codgers up there, and the crowd will start looking like a retirement community outing. Eddie's not going to be able to rock out like he does now forever. At some point either he won't be capable of it, or it will just be kind of weird, as the audience worries that he's going to break a hip or something. :lol: Well... I'll keep my eye on Bruce Springsteen and see how that goes over the next 10 years or so.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,313
    Are we bound out of obligation? Is that all we've got?

My passion for the band has decreased. They don't come around and see me as much as they used to, so I've started seeing other bands. I feel dirty.
    I like this post.  Feels the same for me.  I'd see them more if they came around more often.  I don't feel dirty, it's their choice, not mine.  I'd love to be closer.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    I kinda feel like its the ED show now
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    PJ_Soul said:
    I don't think they'd do a farewell tour because I think they'd want to leave the door open to more performances down the road, however rare, and a farewell tour makes doing that seem kind of ridiculous.
    What I'm more curious about is what they'll be like if they don't break up Pearl Jam. What will a 70 year old band be like, and what will the old-ass crown be like? I don't really like to think about it, lol. At some point, if they do keep playing indefinitely in some way or other, they're going to be a bunch of old codgers up there, and the crowd will start looking like a retirement community outing. Eddie's not going to be able to rock out like he does now forever. At some point either he won't be capable of it, or it will just be kind of weird, as the audience worries that he's going to break a hip or something. :lol: Well... I'll keep my eye on Bruce Springsteen and see how that goes over the next 10 years or so.
    I’m going to focus on the present and not even project out that far.  A 70-something year old band and fan base doesn’t seem comprehensible for PJ. So I’ll just pretend it could never happen and keep enjoying the ride in the meantime.  :)
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,397
    I kinda feel like its the ED show now
    They have drugs for that... 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191

a job... remember "Single Video Theory"?

they have to punch a time clock.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore