Options

2nd show in Amsterdam?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mike86mike86 Posts: 161
    just_one said:
    just_one said:
    If there is a 2nd show at Amsterdam it will not wait until the end of february , its non sense and bad business period. 
    Actually, it does make a lot of sense to me. Pearl Jam are scheduled as a headliner on the first day of the Pinkpop festival 3 days after their show in the Ziggo Dome. I'm sure that the festival organisers want to have their festival date to sell out too. So they might've agreed with Pearl Jam that a second show will not be announced until after sales have started for the festival. Should that Friday sell out quickly, then PJ can always announce a 2nd date in the Ziggo Dome 'due to high demand'. Given that the 1st date was an almost instant sell out, that 2nd date will likely sell out quickly too. Certainly within the 3 months until the show actually takes place.
    I don't see this as bad business.
    Pj is not only 10 club or non hardcore fans. U dont announce a 2nd show almost 3 months after the first one sold out. Its business 101. U announce it when the "fire" is still hot and there is a big demand for it. Thats why i always said if nothing comes out this week uts not happenning. It pisses me off also because they could sold out the 2nd shows in either Amsterdam and barcelona but at the end if the day its their decision.
    This is how Europe actually works when it comes to festivals. Bands of a certain size for example are not even allowed to play any venues within 250km of the festival weeks before and after the event! 
    And the fire for Pearl Jam will never burn out. I thought people on this board know that :D

Follow the Strangest Tribe
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    And still there was a train ticket listed for the 13th. I still refuse to think that there is no second show.

Problem is I need to know soon, as other shows are being announced in the same time frame.
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 704
    Ok is it time to be concerned?anyobe have any solid info?
  • Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    Tickets

Tickets (Ten Club)

Dec 12, 3:24 PM PST

Sorry, we have no information on a second show.

-10c

Frank Dirk

Frank Dirkes

Dec 12, 2:46 AM PST

Hi!

Will there be a 2nd show in Amsterdam?

Thanks for an answer and greetings

Frank

• Options
    D.FrankD.Frank Posts: 486
    Hello out there!
    ISO
    1-2 x GA
    or
    2 Seats for Amsterdam
    Thanks for answers and greetings
    Frank
  • Options
    D.Frank said:
    Tickets

Tickets (Ten Club)

-10c

Frank Dirk

Frank Dirkes

Hi!

Frank

D.Frank said:
    Tickets

Tickets (Ten Club)

-10c

Frank Dirk

Frank Dirkes

Hi!

Frank

hoping they announce after PinkPop sells out.  I would of started the tour in London if I thought we only had 1 show...
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 1,974
    edited December 2017
    nalyd61 said:
    D.Frank said:
    Tickets

Tickets (Ten Club)

-10c

Frank Dirk

Frank Dirkes

Hi!

Frank

D.Frank said:
    Tickets

Tickets (Ten Club)

-10c

Frank Dirk

Frank Dirkes

Hi!

Frank

hoping they announce after PinkPop sells out.  I would of started the tour in London if I thought we only had 1 show...

there wont be an announcement after pinkpop sells out.

u dont announce a 2nd show months after the 1st one sold out and to be honest what if pinkpop doesnt sell out? they are going to wait until it solds out? its just stupid

business 101 google it out

same reason why festivals dont repeat headliners from one year to another...
  • Options
    just_one said:
    nalyd61 said:
    D.Frank said:
    Tickets

Tickets (Ten Club)

-10c

Frank Dirk

Frank Dirkes

Hi!

Frank

D.Frank said:
    Tickets

Tickets (Ten Club)

-10c

Frank Dirk

Frank Dirkes

Hi!

Frank

u dont announce a 2nd show months after the 1st one sold out and to be honest what if pinkpop doesnt sell out? they are going to wait until it solds out? its just stupid

you funny and may be right but time will tell.  Business 101 LOL
  • Options
    just_one said:
    nalyd61 said:
    D.Frank said:
    Tickets

Tickets (Ten Club)

-10c

Frank Dirk

Frank Dirkes

Hi!

Frank

D.Frank said:
    Tickets

Tickets (Ten Club)

-10c

Frank Dirk

Frank Dirkes

Hi!

Frank

and bands definitely do add shows later and "IF" pearl jam does it will sell out- google it :)
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    This is Boston2010 101 and Seattle2013 101.  Google it.
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    This is Boston2010 101 and Seattle2013 101.  Google it.
    again the OP may be correct just found funny.  From what I remember Boston 2010 was a venue issue,no? it was a while ago but was that the show that they where waiting on hockey and or basketball? i seem to remember them looking at Worcester as a 2nd date.  Was the NJ date added after the initial announcement?  I don't recall.  As for Seattle I don't remember there ever being a hold for 2 nd night more wishful thinking. I went to both shows but don't remember all the details...
    anyway still hoping for a 2nd show in Amsterdam and even if a pipe dream......
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    Any news on that? Off the table or announcement after Pinkpop? Show would sell out in March in seconds even with the short notice. And Pinkpop can use a little push in sales, as last year was a pretty lame line up. It used to sell out pretty fast. So maybe they wanted to have it that way in their contract. So an announcement after Pinkpop could be possible imho. At least that's my business 101.

Any other info or opinion?
  • Options
    MozzyMozzy Posts: 154
    JackD. said:
    Any news on that? Off the table or announcement after Pinkpop? Show would sell out in March in seconds even with the short notice. And Pinkpop can use a little push in sales, as last year was a pretty lame line up. It used to sell out pretty fast. So maybe they wanted to have it that way in their contract. So an announcement after Pinkpop could be possible imho. At least that's my business 101.

Any other info or opinion?
    That's my thought on it as well. I know, for Coachella (and other festivals in the US), there are clauses about how close bands can play in months surrounding the concerts. Coachella sells out nearly instantly every year, so you could argue there isn't much incentive to put these restrictions in place, yet they do. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Pinkpop and PJ (along with other bands) have some restrictions in place. I wouldn't be surprised either way, but feel if a second show is getting announced, it'll be after PinkPop sells out.