Options

Pearl Jam Releases 8-bit Baseball Game!

Comments

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    24 HR. Yeah right!  WTF
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    For those wondering about the hack of the game. I can confirm that it is possible. As the game is javascript at the core. It can be intercepted utilizing the appropriate tools and modified to reset the time left when the game starts. 
    Additionally, the game also discloses the top hitters email addresses which can be considered as PII information under some contexts. 

Great idea! but wasn't executed correctly.

On the other end. I have also gotten successfully 8-10 hr in a row. Time your swing when the pitcher raises their knee. 

• Options
    I legitimately got to 1198 which is currently 8th place. Not sure how much higher I'd be without the hackers.
    2013: Brooklyn II, Hartford
    2016: MSG I, MSG II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2018: Fenway I, Fenway II
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    Nice, good to see it can be done with Boom @ 64 and almost 65.  The Big Hawaiian rocks!
    The Big Kahuna!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    Anyone else hearing a new layer of crowd noise added to playing the game? And that new layer of crowd noise is very VERY loud.

Latest update is ..

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,245
    Yes, crowd noise is very loud now starting after the 6 pitch.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,565
    That's a shame people are cheating. No point now.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    I think the crowd gets louder as you hit more home runs. If you start missing they quiet down again.
  • Options
    Jed said:
    I think the crowd gets louder as you hit more home runs. If you start missing they quiet down again.
    Yes but this is an added sound file that is playing in the background. It's very loud. Even if I missed all the hits it keeps playing. When I hit a run I can hear the audio byte of the cheering but also the loud overlay of crowd noise.
  • Options
    green_girlgreen_girl Posts: 931
    edited November 2017
    I don't care about the prizes, so I'm still digging it.
    (I guess I'm easily amused.)
    Just heard the midi version of Jeremy. How cute.
    Post edited by green_girl on
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    tbergs said:
    Yes, crowd noise is very loud now starting after the 6 pitch.
    Yep, I started turning the sound off when I first noticed this.
  • Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,373
    Hit 6241 Not sure if a tie is good enough though
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,166
    My best effort was around 5500, 11 home runs, furthest HR was 502. Can't see it being possible to get more than 12.
  • Options
    FR181798 said:
    My best effort was around 5500, 11 home runs, furthest HR was 502. Can't see it being possible to get more than 12.
    JB23237 said:
    I say that PJ wipes the slate clean and figures out the bugs and runs this again.
  • Options

A tie for 3rd place. Though I'm not sure why the company IT hasn't deleted the first 2 listed with 21 & 24 HR's.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    FR181798 said:
    JB23237 said:
    I say that PJ wipes the slate clean and figures out the bugs and runs this again.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
  • Options
    8-bit is life.
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    I don't play video games.  But I was curious.
    I thought it was so slow and boring. I just don't get the appeal.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    Playing this game... it is the first time I have felt like myself in a long time.
  • Options
    GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
    I got 30 second bonuses for hitting long runs.. I just couldn’t capitalize on the extra time
  • Options
    lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,896
    This might have to do with your age. I grew up playing 8 bit. Hell, I remember when Pong was an exciting game.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    This might have to do with your age. I grew up playing 8 bit. Hell, I remember when Pong was an exciting game.
    My midlife crisis has consisted of restoring my NES and buying old games for it. This Let's Play Two 8-bit game combines three of my loves: Pearl Jam, baseball, and video games.
  • Options
    Was sitting at 5775 and never got a 12th pitch.  I almost drop-kicked my computer
  • Options
    Was sitting at 5775 and never got a 12th pitch.  I almost drop-kicked my computer

• Options
    killmoretroutkillmoretrout Burque, NM Posts: 160
    I had one glitchy game where I somehow got 14 pitches.  I missed homers on a few pitches and just let the game run.  About shit myself when I saw the 13th and 14th pitches get thrown.  Haven't seen it again.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    That quick pitch on the first pitch that occasionally happens....anyone manage to hit that out?  I don't even get the bat on it.  The game starts and then it is going by you.  No wind up!  :lol:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I had one glitchy game where I somehow got 14 pitches.  I missed homers on a few pitches and just let the game run.  About shit myself when I saw the 13th and 14th pitches get thrown.  Haven't seen it again.  
    If you swing and miss or not swing at all the pitches come faster.  So you can get a lot
    more than 12 pitches but there is only time for 12 hits at most.
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,476
    The radio station in London Ontario (FM96) were talking about this game this morning lol. 
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    killmoretroutkillmoretrout Burque, NM Posts: 160
    If you swing and miss or not swing at all the pitches come faster.  So you can get a lot
    more than 12 pitches but there is only time for 12 hits at most.
    Ah, mystery solved.  Thx...
  • Options

just about..