Options

Pearl Jam Releases 8-bit Baseball Game!

Comments

• Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    Rules say "try to top the scoreboard for a chance to win" which sounds like a drawing from all participants to me. At least I'm hoping because otherwise I don't have a chance.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    GB281198 said:
    Rules say "try to top the scoreboard for a chance to win" which sounds like a drawing from all participants to me. At least I'm hoping because otherwise I don't have a chance.
    Read the official rules.  Winner is determined by top scoring player ( greatest points). 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544

Damn, 524 average through 7 pitches.

• Options
    GB281198GB281198 Virginia Posts: 404
    GB281198 said:
    Read the official rules.  Winner is determined by top scoring player ( greatest points). 

Got it.... looks like I don't have chance =)
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    Maximum points listed in rules is 6492. Those crazy stats will not stand per the rules.
  • Options
    It’s not possible to hit 24 hr on this game. Obliviously he cheated or the game had a glitch
  • Options
    Simply brilliant. 
  • Options
    Clearly Eddie = Layne and is just having fun with all of us.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    3days said:
    Maximum points listed in rules is 6492. Those crazy stats will not stand per the rules.
    But what keeps the people who know how to cheat from getting the max. This puts the whole thing in question now.
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I don't know much about bots or apps or technology in general, but I'd imagine that the folks producing the game will be able to figure it out. 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,479
    It’s not possible to hit 24 hr on this game. Obliviously he cheated or the game had a glitch
    He put in the Konami code. Or used a Game Genie.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,292
    I really don't mind being a lowly 4656 on the leaderboard (it's just a bit of fun after all), but how in the shit did Redmosquito get 10118?!?

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    Btw, everyone's email address is readable to pretty much anyone when you submit them to the scoreboard and make it to top 10.

225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    I cant get more than 3000
  • Options
    Obviously someone has broken the game?

How would one get 21 hits?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,789
    Thinking there may be an up down right right left down code or something that people are using? Like the old school games.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    Rules state max score. Obviously people have found a cheat. It was fun for a few days at least. Hope PJ doesn't reward these hacks....
    Crookedcross is still the leader in my book.
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    Born on third, thinks he got a triple. Cheaters blow.
  • Options
    The integrity of the game is Gone. Fun while it lasted...
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    Glad someone listed an outrageous score, though....rather than just 1-upping slowly toward a perfect score and hiding the fact that  they were cheating.  Not sure how they can tell at this point if anyone posting high scores (aside from the obvious cheats that score higher than possible) is playing for real or not.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Glad someone listed an outrageous score, though....rather than just 1-upping slowly toward a perfect score and hiding the fact that  they were cheating.  Not sure how they can tell at this point if anyone posting high scores (aside from the obvious cheats that score higher than possible) is playing for real or not.

Exactly why the Integrity is completely lost on something Pearl Jam tried to do fun for their fans. 
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    Yep...

I think the whole game is in question when I can crank 8 homers out with Boom.  Dude is almost 65!!  :lol:

What is the high # for Boom so far, did someone get 12 with him?
  • Options
    Also...they seem to quick pitch me with Boom each time.  Maybe they are adjusting for his reflexes.
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    edited November 2017
    Rules state max score. Obviously people have found a cheat. It was fun for a few days at least. Hope PJ doesn't reward these hacks....
    Let's hope so.  Wonder if that 6241 is legit.  I live by "you don't win second place" Haha
    Post edited by crookedcross on
  • Options
    Let's hope so.  Wonder if that 6241 is legit.  I live by "you don't win second place" Haha
    Yep 2nd is just the 1st loser. I almost had ya. Needed 518 on last ball and my hand started shaking & sweating lol
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,245
    Yep...

I think the whole game is in question when I can crank 8 homers out with Boom.  Dude is almost 65!!  :lol:

What is the high # for Boom so far, did someone get 12 with him?
    I've used Boom a few times. Best I've done with him is 12 for 5230. Longest bomb to center was 453. Easier to get his to go to dead center area.

It would be nice if they had a high score leaderboard for every player. It would make it more challenging and take the focus off using Matt every time.

Personally, I'm taking a break from Matt for a while. Going to see what high scores I can get with the rest of the band.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Nice, good to see it can be done with Boom @ 64 and almost 65.  The Big Hawaiian rocks!
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,848
    edited November 2017
    Yesterday was productive as I managed to avoid Cyber Monday trappings.
    Not so much today as I found this game and have spent the better part of the morning playing it :lol:
    Awesome move, PJ. What a great idea :smiley::clap:
    Finally crossed the 6K threshold w/ 6,047, but not enough for the leaderboard.
    Post edited by jjflash on
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,848
    Anyone else get the glitch that sometimes occurs when you 'Replay' a game? The pitcher winds up, the screen pauses for a flash, and then the pitch seemingly shoots out of his arse for a strike?
  • Options
    jjflash said:
    Anyone else get the glitch that sometimes occurs when you 'Replay' a game? The pitcher winds up, the screen pauses for a flash, and then the pitch seemingly shoots out of his arse for a strike?
    Yep
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!