Options

Pearl Jam Releases 8-bit Baseball Game!

Comments

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,246
    Another score in the top 5 that didn't show up. Got 6198.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    After finding this game I no longer care about my friends and family, or my job.   I will play this game as long as I am breathing.   I have gone 12 for 12 and still am 700 feet short.
  • Options
    I will not eat.  I will not shower.  I will not sleep.
  • Options
    I've been streaming this on twitch for the last day. So tired.
  • Options
    loser...  

Buck up and hit better!!!
  • Options
    loser...  

This pitcher is throwing curve balls.   Even got beaned a few times.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,928
    loser...  

:lol:

i have yet to hit a ground ball or a foul ball yet. :wink:

Looks like the only way you will get in the leaderboard is with matt or maybe eddie cause of their power.  Funny cause if you use someone with less power and hit in the exact same spot as someone with more power who still get less feet.

Also looks like game game doesn't work on smartphones or ipads?  Least i couldn't get it to work.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,800
    loser...  

:lol:

i have yet to hit a ground ball or a foul ball yet. :wink:

Looks like the only way you will get in the leaderboard is with matt or maybe eddie cause of their power.  Funny cause if you use someone with less power and hit in the exact same spot as someone with more power who still get less feet.

Also looks like game game doesn't work on smartphones or ipads?  Least i couldn't get it to work.
    I messed around with the Ipad. It was glitchy but if you tap the screen when you want to swing it works. The pitcher was not doing the pitching animation though.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,789
    I'm able to play it on my smartphone...not that you can tell from the leaderboard. You just have to turn your phone 90° so it is in landscape mode. I haven't even tried it on my laptop yet.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,418
    edited November 2017
    Holy shit!  Pretty sure I found who has not eat, sleep, or shower..

Post edited by crookedcross on
  • Options
    Holy shit!  Pretty sure I found who has not eat, sleep, or shower..

Did you have 12 or 13 home runs?  
  • Options
    Nice score crookedcross. I find that trying more than a few games at a time I lose focus. 
    It’s a really fun game regardless of prize.  Thanks Pearl Jam!!!!
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    I got up there yesterday.  Was pointing out how much greatplainsman has cracked the top ten since yesterday.  It took me a 4-hour layover to crack the top ten ONCE. I could only imagine how much this person has been playing..  Either that or greatplainsman's just really good.  I've been checking the scoreboard every few hours, though and every time a new score of his/her appears on there. so I'm going to go with a whole lottt
  • Options

Did you have 12 or 13 home runs?  
    12.  The difference is, not with who you think.  Higher contact rating = more forgiving timing.  208/12 is only 517.  Matt's not the only guy capable of that
  • Options
    Would like to play more but with wife & lil kids it’s not possible. Quiet moments are few and far betwwen.
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    Would like to play more but with wife & lil kids it’s not possible. Quiet moments are few and far betwwen.
    There he is.  This is when you "get diarrhea" and stay in the bathroom
  • Options
    ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    You have to hit every single homerun over 500 ft to have any shot at wining 
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center
  • Options
    An average of 515.666 I believe. I think only MFC is capable of doing that.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    An average of 515.666 I believe. I think only MFC is capable of doing that.
    Is that Darwin's theory?
  • Options
    One game I did get 13 pitches.  What a waste of an opportunity.
  • Options
    I was wrong...I've hit over 516 with another band member....but to still get over 6200, you must be en fuego!
  • Options
    edited November 2017

I now view the events of my life as pre-8 bit Pearl Jam home run derby and post-8 bit Pearl Jam home run derby.

- "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • Options
    This game is Pearl Jam's crowning achievement.
  • Options
    Finally cracked 6000. 

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    I wish we could download those 8 bit versions of Alive, Jeremy, and Given To Fly.
  • Options
    Apparently I'm cursed. I was frustrated enough after my 6198 failed to post, but now my 6158 wouldn't post either. Whatever, I give up (for now).
  • Options

12 homers is easy but not sure how you are belting out these 515 averages.  I think the closest I have got is the first six homers averaging about 518 but can't keep it going.

• Options

12 homers is easy but not sure how you are belting out these 515 averages.  I think the closest I have got is the first six homers averaging about 518 but can't keep it going.

Lots and lots of restarts. If I get one under 475 in the first few, I just start over. Sometimes you just get the timing right and keep it going. I've noticed there are consistent averages differences based on if you use a PC or a smartphone. My PC is more forgiving with those under 500 shots staying above 460, but it isn't as easy to get over 530. Everytime I don't quite make it, I convince myself, just one more time....30 minutes later I have to force myself to stop.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,905
    I was able to hit one at 536 with Matt minutes ago. But it went all down hill after that hit.
  • Options
    Screw this game!

For the next 5 minutes...