Sexual Misconduct in Politics

Comments

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Credibility?

Bshshahahahahahahaha! Hilarious!
    You're right, hypocritical is a better word.
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited November 2017
    KC138045 said:
    “What a dumbass frat boy...oh wait, it’s Al Frankten...”
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    If Trump or Weinstein or Moore had reacted to their allegations the way Franken did to his, we'd likely be having a much different conversation in this country. But they didn't. It isn't hypocritical to point that out.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    unsung said:
    brianlux said:
    Franken made a bad choice, did a dumb thing, no doubt about it.  Of course. much worse has is and will be going on out there in the world of political and other public figures.  But this isn't a liberal/conservative or a partisan issue.  It's a cultural issue.  

Bottom line for me is, I vote for the best person or the least offensive person, but either way, I RARELY have looked to politicians as role models.  Really rarely. Really really really rarely. 
    Credibility.  Find some.

If it were a Republican the mobs would be out here.  You know it.
    Franken has invited an investigation, and has apologized, even though he claims not to remember things the way the accuser did. He owned a mistake, even if it was a misinterpretation or whatever, and will work to make amends.

Trump and Moore deny all the evidence, smear the accusers, and double down, while being disgusting human beings in numerous other aspects.

Both sides are not the same. 
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • I don't understand why all these people wait years and years before bringing this stuff up. What the perp does is not right, but waiting 10, 15, 20, 30, years to call them out.....I really don't know if the press should be using the word "brave" for these people.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    I don't understand why all these people wait years and years before bringing this stuff up. What the perp does is not right, but waiting 10, 15, 20, 30, years to call them out.....I really don't know if the press should be using the word "brave" for these people.
    Since you asked https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/since-you-asked-roy-moore-here-is-why-victims-of_us_5a0724e5e4b0cc46c52e6ae6
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • I don't understand why all these people wait years and years before bringing this stuff up. What the perp does is not right, but waiting 10, 15, 20, 30, years to call them out.....I really don't know if the press should be using the word "brave" for these people.

A couple of things to this:

1. The timing is better for these victims. There is more support lent to these people now versus then. I'm in full support of coming forward with these items whenever the victim is prepared to do so.

2. This is going to sound contrasting to my previous item. Memories get distorted over time. With no specific case in mind, I get concerned over false allegations.

Not that memory was a factor in it... I know of a case involving adult friends where 'guilt' led to rape allegations. The rape accusations were dropped and people moved forward, but a man's reputation was damaged- he's been somewhat tainted by people wanting to believe the worst.

A rape allegation never truly goes away. 
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • tbergs said:
    I don't understand why all these people wait years and years before bringing this stuff up. What the perp does is not right, but waiting 10, 15, 20, 30, years to call them out.....I really don't know if the press should be using the word "brave" for these people.
    Since you asked https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/since-you-asked-roy-moore-here-is-why-victims-of_us_5a0724e5e4b0cc46c52e6ae6

Thanks for that. Aside from the child's point of view in the excuses provided, I do not agree with the rest of them. I don't understand why people would stifle that kind of stuff. Maybe it was the way I was raised to call people out on things that don't gel. I am glad these people are speaking up, I just don't understand sitting on it. I guess piling on is easier then getting to the meat of the transgression yourself.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    These women are making accusations against men in powerful positions. It often doesn't end well. It is easy to have your life ruined because of the smear campaign that follows. I guess many felt it wasn't worth it at the time. At least these women finally feel it is safe to come out with the accusations.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Yeah I think Franken should offer to resign if tRump does.  

Figures these partisan hacks come out of the woodworks today when they all turned a blind eye to Trump admitting sexual assault and the 15 or so women who accused him.

Striking how Franken came out, admitted what he did and apologized....meanwhile people like Moore and Trump who have been accused of far worse deflect and defame their accusers. Man up and accept responsibility

chinese-happy.jpg
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    CM189191 said:
    unsung said:
    brianlux said:
    Franken made a bad choice, did a dumb thing, no doubt about it.  Of course. much worse has is and will be going on out there in the world of political and other public figures.  But this isn't a liberal/conservative or a partisan issue.  It's a cultural issue.  

Bottom line for me is, I vote for the best person or the least offensive person, but either way, I RARELY have looked to politicians as role models.  Really rarely. Really really really rarely. 
    Credibility.  Find some.

If it were a Republican the mobs would be out here.  You know it.
    Franken has invited an investigation, and has apologized, even though he claims not to remember things the way the accuser did. He owned a mistake, even if it was a misinterpretation or whatever, and will work to make amends.

Trump and Moore deny all the evidence, smear the accusers, and double down, while being disgusting human beings in numerous other aspects.

Both sides are not the same. 
    I agree.  Good summation of the situation, CM. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,586
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:
    How long before they come out against creepy joe biden too?

Or creepy Rand Paul?
    Hmmmmm, I wonder what might make your neighbor blind side tackle you? I wonder what it could be, particularly if your attorney claims it wasn’t a yard dispute and neither side is talking. Hush, I'd like to buy a clue.
    Considering his neighbor is a mentally unstable democrat it isn't a surprise.

Now back to Al Franken, all of you were screaming for Trump to not get elected due to locker rooom talk, this guy actually did something.  Are you going to demand his resignation or are all of you just full of shit?
    trump’s wasn’t locker room talk, unless you’ve been hanging out in a locker room full of sex offenders. 
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?
    Hmmmmm, I wonder what might make your neighbor blind side tackle you? I wonder what it could be, particularly if your attorney claims it wasn’t a yard dispute and neither side is talking. Hush, I'd like to buy a clue.

Now back to Al Franken, all of you were screaming for Trump to not get elected due to locker rooom talk, this guy actually did something.  Are you going to demand his resignation or are all of you just full of shit?
    trump’s wasn’t locker room talk, unless you’ve been hanging out in a locker room full of sex offenders. 
    I don't claim to be an expert on this subject like all of you, I don't have the experience defending people like Bill Clinton for years.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?

I don't claim to be an expert on this subject like all of you, I don't have the experience defending people like Bill Clinton for years.
    Annnnnd the deflection. Who here is defending Bill Clinton? You made the statement and clearly think what Trump is accused of and did is no big deal. No one here is defending Franken either. The difference is in his response and subsequent actions. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    You know, for someone who’s so non partisan, unsung sure does follow that Trump 3 step formula that John Oliver talked about a couple of days ago. 
  • unsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?

Was Clinton a sex offender? Or unfaithful?

Theres a huge difference in my mind (not condoning adultery)?

• unsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?

He was accused 15 times I believe.
  • unsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?

I didn't know this. I only knew of the high profile incident.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    We know who holds the trump card when it comes to sex offenders.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    I still can't fucking believe that Trump had the nerve to comment on this, as though he's not a sexual predator himself. Jesus, that guy is seriously delusional. Unreal..... Still waiting for the public at large and the media to remember that the POTUS is suitable company for Weinstein, Franken, Spacey, and Cosby. Right now I am basically flabbergasted by the blinders that have been donned for Donald.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • unsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?

Not saying trump is not garbage for his talk, just saying I believe Clinton had 15 accusers over the years.
  • unsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?

Where’s Randy Paul’s comments on Roy Moore? Maybe he’s got some skeletons in his closet. Or is it ghosts?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • unsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?

16 women came forward.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    why should it matter how many times an offender commits these henious acts on any human , once is to many in my mind so yes billy willy should of resigned so should Franken so should Orange baffoon and molester Moore should def be in Jail ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    PJ_Soul said:
    I still can't fucking believe that Trump had the nerve to comment on this, as though he's not a sexual predator himself. Jesus, that guy is seriously delusional. Unreal..... Still waiting for the public at large and the media to remember that the POTUS is suitable company for Weinstein, Franken, Spacey, and Cosby. Right now I am basically flabbergasted by the blinders that have been donned for Donald.
    It really is quite exceptional. But it mostly goes unnoticed or uncared about because, you know, the president from 5 terms ago also did bad stuff. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?

Not saying trump is not garbage for his talk, just saying I believe Clinton had 15 accusers over the years.
    Are you sure you're not thinking about Trump? Because Trump has had 16 accusers (including 2 who were 13 years old at the time of the assault, as well as his ex-wife). As far as I've ever read, Clinton has had 4 accusers.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?

I'm not a democrat and have disliked Bill Clinton since 1992. You sir, are merely just a hypocrite.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?

Are you sure you're not thinking about Trump? Because Trump has had 16 accusers (including 2 who were 13 years old at the time of the assault, as well as his ex-wife). As far as I've ever read, Clinton has had 4 accusers.
    I think trump brought 4 woman up to the stage with him accusing bill.  There were more than that I believe.  Either way, one is enough.
    unsung said:
    unsung said:
    JimmyV said:
    unsung said:

Or creepy Rand Paul?

I'm not a democrat and have disliked Bill Clinton since 1992. You sir, are merely just a hypocrite.
    Isn’t it crazy that almost every single thing he posts on here is hypocritical, and in most of said hypocritical posts he is accusing other people of being hypocrites?! It’s quite impressive actually. 
This discussion has been closed.