Options

2017 Pearl Jam Vinyl Storage Box

Comments

• Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
    got my box. i have 5 LPs, originals pressings, still sealed AND in sleeves. they fit in the box and i can close it fine. 
    You're missing 5 more...
    yes i know. i'm on a quest to get the other 5 original pressing, sealed. i actually have 2 (ten and backspacer on white) on the way so i just need Riot Act, Avocado and Vs. 

anyone want to help? haha
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    got my box. i have 5 LPs, originals pressings, still sealed AND in sleeves. they fit in the box and i can close it fine. 
    You're missing 5 more...
    yes i know. i'm on a quest to get the other 5 original pressing, sealed. i actually have 2 (ten and backspacer on white) on the way so i just need Riot Act, Avocado and Vs. 

You'll need a red Lightning bolt too!!!
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Just spent $70 to ship this box to the U.K....

UPS was $220, Fex ex $172.

so to all the international folks, I kind of understand why 10c shipping is so high!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    edited November 2017
    I received this today on my birthday!
    Thanks 10C very thoughtful :)

$17 in Duty fees though 
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    RobbyD462 said:

$17 in Duty fees though 
    Happy Birthday!
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    RobbyD462 said:

$17 in Duty fees though 
    Happy Birthday!
    Thank you Sir! :)

• Options
    So did anyone else in the UK get a letter from Parcelforce asking for a £22 fee before they will deliver the item?
    London O2 Arena 2009
    London Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester MEN Arena 2 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome 2 2012
    Vienna Stadhalle 2014
    London O2 Arena 1 2018
    London O2 Arena 2 2018
    London Hyde Park 2 2022
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    No but Im expecting that letter. Its just plain wrong to charge import duty on an empty box.
  • Options
    leekstokieleekstokie Stoke-on-Trent - UK Posts: 901
    AS242348 said:
    So did anyone else in the UK get a letter from Parcelforce asking for a £22 fee before they will deliver the item?
    I got this. Paid the fee Saturday and the item was delivered today. 
    PJ
    2012 - Manchester 1 - 20/6 
    2014 - Amsterdam 1 - 16/6, Amsterdam 2 - 17/6, Milan - 20/6, Leeds - 08/07, Milton Keynes - 11/07
    2015 - Bogota - 25/11
    2016 - Philly 1 - 28/04, Philly 2 - 29/04, NYC 1 - 01/05, NYC 2 - 02/05
    2018 - LDN 1 - 18/06, Krakow - 03/07, Berlin - 05/07, Madrid - 12/07, LDN 2 - 17/07, Missoula 13/08
    2022 - LA 1 - 06/05, LA2 - 07/05, Berlin - 21/06, Frankfurt 28/07, London 1 - 08/07, London 2 - 09/07, Budapest - 12/07, Krakow 14/07, Amsterdam 2 - 25/07, NYC Apollo - 10/09, NYC MSG - 11/09, OKC - 20/09, Denver - 22/09.
    2023 - St Paul 2 - 03/09, Chicago 1 - 05/09, Chicago 2 - 07/09

EV
    2012 - Manchester - 28/07/12, 2017 - Amsterdam - 29/05/17, 2019 -Amsterdam - 09/06/2019, Madrid - 22/06/2019
  • Options
    I was more hacked off with Parcelforce's own handling fee which made up half the cost.
    London O2 Arena 2009
    London Hyde Park 2010
    Manchester MEN Arena 2 2012
    Amsterdam Ziggo Dome 2 2012
    Vienna Stadhalle 2014
    London O2 Arena 1 2018
    London O2 Arena 2 2018
    London Hyde Park 2 2022
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Hacked off?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Translation - "pissed" off

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,738
    Current bid $280.
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 493
    You're missing 5 more...

you're right, i do! i have the black sealed and the red will be mine someday soon. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    RobbyD462 said:

$17 in Duty fees though 
    Happy Birthday! :)

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    You're missing 5 more...

you're right, i do! i have the black sealed and the red will be mine someday soon. 
    You'll never know it's red if it's sealed. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    demetrios said:
    RobbyD462 said:

$17 in Duty fees though 
    Happy Birthday! :)

Thanks buddy :)

• Options
    stukatzstukatz Posts: 110
    no, i did not get charged duty...lucky i guess....
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:
    received mine friday, just north of toronto, definitely well packed....now if only other tenclub releases arrive that quickly over the border....
    Any custom charges on the empty box?

• Options
    stukatz said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:
    received mine friday, just north of toronto, definitely well packed....now if only other tenclub releases arrive that quickly over the border....

Cool. Many are getting custom charges, many are not in Canada. Here's hoping I won't be charged for the box set too. 
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:

Cool. Many are getting custom charges, many are not in Canada. Here's hoping I won't be charged for the box set too. 
    Good luck. 10C is pretty good about declaring low values on their packages (I gather they declare the manufacturing value rather than the retail price). But for something that cost $350 USD... I'd be shocked if you didn't get dinged on that. I hope you don't though!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    PJ_Soul said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:

Good luck. 10C is pretty good about declaring low values on their packages (I gather they declare the manufacturing value rather than the retail price). But for something that cost $350 USD... I'd be shocked if you didn't get dinged on that. I hope you don't though!
    I think they declare full sale value on everything these days and I think from memory it was when they started using mail innovations? is that the right name?
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:

I think they declare full sale value on everything these days and I think from memory it was when they started using mail innovations? is that the right name?
    Yes, Mail Innovations... Ugh (sorry, another complaint, haha! ;) ). I didn't know they'd changed their tactic lately - I haven't been ordering much these days... but the Vault should be shipped out fairly soon - fingers crossed people don't have to pay more for those upon receiving them! .... I like the timing of the Vault every year. Since it's been so long since I paid for it, it always feels like I didn't even buy it, and it's just an awesome Christmas present.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,698
    PJ_Soul said:
    pdalowsky said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:

Yes, Mail Innovations... Ugh (sorry, another complaint, haha! ;) ). I didn't know they'd changed their tactic lately - I haven't been ordering much these days... but the Vault should be shipped out fairly soon - fingers crossed people don't have to pay more for those upon receiving them! .... I like the timing of the Vault every year. Since it's been so long since I paid for it, it always feels like I didn't even buy it, and it's just an awesome Christmas present.
    ha no complaint noted :) 

I think their hands are tied on the value thing, however frustrating it is - especially out here in the UK as ordering things via tenc generally results in a charge every time these days. 

That said, this doesnt apply to bootlegs thankfully - or certainly didnt in not too recent past. I think the last bootleg boxset was declared $20 which was very helpful. 
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pdalowsky said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:

I think their hands are tied on the value thing, however frustrating it is - especially out here in the UK as ordering things via tenc generally results in a charge every time these days. 

That said, this doesnt apply to bootlegs thankfully - or certainly didnt in not too recent past. I think the last bootleg boxset was declared $20 which was very helpful. 
    From what I can tell it's WAY worse for those in the UK compared to Canada, at least when the package is routed through Canada Post, which is usually the case.
  • Options
    Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,227
    PJ_Soul said:
    pdalowsky said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pdalowsky said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:

From what I can tell it's WAY worse for those in the UK compared to Canada, at least when the package is routed through Canada Post, which is usually the case.
    Complete sets all through ups, no canada post. Actually makes it cheaper if you clear yourself.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    Horse2345 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pdalowsky said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pdalowsky said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:

Complete sets all through ups, no canada post. Actually makes it cheaper if you clear yourself.
    Yikes. I have been charged insane custom fees by UPS before - Soundstagedirect used them, and I once paid more for customs than I did for the albums. But I am not sure what you mean by clearing it yourself. How does one go about doing that? I've just had UPS show up asking me for tons of money.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Horse2345 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pdalowsky said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    pdalowsky said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:
    demetrios said:
    stukatz said:

Yikes. I have been charged insane custom fees by UPS before - Soundstagedirect used them, and I once paid more for customs than I did for the albums. But I am not sure what you mean by clearing it yourself. How does one go about doing that? I've just had UPS show up asking me for tons of money.
    http://bc.ctvnews.ca/how-to-avoid-extra-fees-for-international-delivery-services-1.3280694
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Thank you! (I love McLaughlin on Your Side). That is quite a bit of work, but if the brokerage fees are above maybe $40 or $50 I'd say it's worth it..,, if you live close to one of those CBSA locations, anyway. There are only 6 in the entire province, apparently.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Thank you! (I love McLaughlin on Your Side). That is quite a bit of work, but if the brokerage fees are above maybe $40 or $50 I'd say it's worth it..,, if you live close to one of those CBSA locations, anyway. There are only 6 in the entire province, apparently.
    Its not really that much work. Took me 10 minutes. Luckily theres an office 10 minutes away. 
     I cant remember the whole article off hand but you dont have to wait for delivery. Just call ups with the tracking # and tell them you will self clear and they will email you the 2 forms needed. Just take them to cbsa and they fill out the b15 and you email or fax to ups and youre done.