Options

Binaural, Riot Act, Pearl Jam, and Ten Reissues on Amazon

Comments

• Options
    Riot Act & Binaural arrived from Amazon UK two days ago.
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    So do I wait for Amazon or cancel pre order and order through 10C? I received Avocado. But no Riot Act and Binaural. And no news on order. 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,548
    So do I wait for Amazon or cancel pre order and order through 10C? I received Avocado. But no Riot Act and Binaural. And no news on order. 
    I guess you can cancel the Amazon. They said it might be until Dec 10. Not sure why the delay? They have been hard to find in stores too.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    OgnitOgnit Posts: 64
    igotid88 said:
    I guess you can cancel the Amazon. They said it might be until Dec 10. Not sure why the delay? They have been hard to find in stores too.
    Same issue here with Amazon, I only received Avocado.  I just found Riot Act in a local shop so I’m going to cancel that one.  Might as well keep my Binaural order until it either arrives or I find it in a local shop.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,607
    The store I go to said the label had issue last week, which is why they weren't available everywhere.  Not sure what the problem is now, but I would think it would be straightened out relatively soon.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    So can anyone confirm the issue is that they are repressing them?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,754
    edited November 2017
    igotid88 said:
    This is what it's like for me every single time I pre-order from Amazon. It is why I never pre-order from Amazon anymore if I care about getting the album on or very close to the release date. Why bother? It's faster and more reliable to just wait until it's actually available from them, or, if I care about getting it earlier, to pre-order from just about anyone else. Others have said they have had okay experiences with Amazon pre-order, but I never have. It is ALWAYS delayed for no apparent reason when I've tried it. At this point I've decided to mostly forego pre-sales altogether for mass market releases. I just wait a couple of months, until the Amazon price has gone way down.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    igotid88 said:
    This is what it's like for me every single time I pre-order from Amazon. It is why I never pre-order from Amazon anymore if I care about getting the album on or very close to the release date. Why bother? It's faster and more reliable to just wait until it's actually available from them, or, if I care about getting it earlier, to pre-order from just about anyone else. Others have said they have had okay experiences with Amazon pre-order, but I never have. It is ALWAYS delayed for no apparent reason when I've tried it. At this point I've decided to mostly forego pre-sales altogether for mass market releases. I just wait a couple of months, until the Amazon price has gone way down.
    This is the first time since 2005 I've not had something on or before release date with Amazon Prime. First time.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    igotid88 said:
    This is the first time since 2005 I've not had something on or before release date with Amazon Prime. First time.
    That is amazing. I would be gobsmacked if I got something that efficiently on Amazon pre-order, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    PJ_Soul said:
    igotid88 said:
    Same here.  Still no word from Amazon on an arrival, either.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • Options
    I went ahead and ordered through Amazon Germany. 5-9 business days. We'll see.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    I just think not many were made. I couldn't find Binaural or Riot Act anywhere other than here. I usually like going into a store and buying a Pearl Jam album. So people can see. Finally found Riot Act at a Barnes and Nobles. I asked the person if that was the only copy they had and if they had Binaural. He said yes and no.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    igotid88 said:
    I just think not many were made. I couldn't find Binaural or Riot Act anywhere other than here. I usually like going into a store and buying a Pearl Jam album. So people can see. Finally found Riot Act at a Barnes and Nobles. I asked the person if that was the only copy they had and if they had Binaural. He said yes and no.
    I find it hard to believe that they limited the pressings on these albums.  When I asked Ten Club the other day about delays and that I couldn't find them in stores, they gave me the link to the Ten Club store.
  • Options
    kramer73 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I find it hard to believe that they limited the pressings on these albums.  When I asked Ten Club the other day about delays and that I couldn't find them in stores, they gave me the link to the Ten Club store.
    if you can only get it at one place. Isn't that limited?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    kramer73 said:
    igotid88 said:
    So strange. Oh well, my order from Amazon.de is scheduled for 11/28.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    BigrfishBigrfish Edmonton, AB Canada Posts: 260
    PJ_Soul said:
    igotid88 said:
    I've had pretty good luck with Amazon.ca. The only problem I had with pre ordering was with the Hardwired deluxe vinyl box from Metallica. It was shipped a week or so late but they gave me 10.00 off for the trouble. I don't get too worked up over delivery dates. My bigger concern is a fair price and that the albums come in good shape. I remember being so annoyed at ordering No Code and Yield thru the shop and waiting over a month for delivery when I could have gotten them on Amazon in a few days and at a lesser cost. (We all know how that story goes)
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    igotid88 said:
    kramer73 said:
    igotid88 said:
    Usually (although that still depends on the amount of the item available), but that isn't the case for the PJ reissues. There will be plenty of these. It's just a really slow distribution.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    I was looking forward to seeing 4 of their albums in the chart this week
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    This is what everyone gets after their threats to stop ordering from 10c and gice your business elsewhere; they’re forcing your hand  B)
  • Options
    also hard to find Let's Play Two dvd blu ray in stores as well
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    This is what everyone gets after their threats to stop ordering from 10c and gice your business elsewhere; they’re forcing your hand  B)
    Haha! Conspiracy! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    kramer73 said:
    igotid88 said:
    That isn't true.  Many people have gotten them at different sites and retail stores.
  • Options
    kramer73 said:
    igotid88 said:
    kramer73 said:
    igotid88 said:
    That isn't true.  Many people have gotten them at different sites and retail stores.
    But it's been scarce. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PJDowPJDow Posts: 43
    i just ordered the singles on amazon.ca fyi but you need to pay for shipping even if you have prime..
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    kramer73 said:
    igotid88 said:
    kramer73 said:
    igotid88 said:
    But it's been scarce. 
    Aside from the last word, I'm not sure what you're looking for.  This isn't a one and done.  These albums will be available.
  • Options
    kramer73 said:kik
    igotid88 said:
    kramer73 said:
    igotid88 said:
    kramer73 said:
    igotid88 said:
    But it's been scarce. 
    Aside from the last word, I'm not sure what you're looking for.  This isn't a one and done.  These albums will be available.
    just weird not readily available the first week
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    kramer73 said:kik
    igotid88 said:
    kramer73 said:
    igotid88 said:
    kramer73 said:
    igotid88 said:
    But it's been scarce. 
    just weird not readily available the first week
    It is a little weird, but I'm pretty sure it's just because nobody bothered with making sure it was blasted out into the marketplace. More of a slow trickle. I agree, it's not normal. But I don't think it means anything.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    Riot act will be here in New Jersey on Monday. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Same here. Where are you Binaural? 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    mcgruff10 said:
    Same here. Where are you Binaural? 
    No update on amazon.  Still temp out of stock. You?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......