2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set

Comments

• bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,081
    The incredibly rare 593 out of 500.  It's not even limited. 
    Whaaaaaaat? 593/500. Doesn't make sense.

• MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

That is actually unbelievable..... or is it. Sad
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321

math is overvalued.
    Well, all this confirms to me is that I will need to get out and hunt down the re-cuts of Vs and Vitalogy.
    edited November 2017
    I wonder what the new remastered Avacado sounds like?
    Word on the street is the download is super "Loud"..., but I hold out judgement until I hear it and hopefully the vinyl sounds better... but it doesn't look good.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    DewieCox said:
    Horse2345 said:
    All of the records were unsealed, except for Backspacer and Lightning Bolt which were still sealed, which I thought was a little odd?
    Well that's BS,  where else can you sell opened merchandise without declaring it. 
    Every record vendor on the internet. I get the occasional new unsealed record. Doesn’t happen too often, but still fairly common.
    Fairly common? Not. I've got over 500 records and never received an opened record that I didn't know was opened before hand. I don't know of anybody else that has either. Could be played already for all you know.
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    edited November 2017
    Horse2345 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Horse2345 said:
    All of the records were unsealed, except for Backspacer and Lightning Bolt which were still sealed, which I thought was a little odd?
    Well that's BS,  where else can you sell opened merchandise without declaring it. 
    Every record vendor on the internet. I get the occasional new unsealed record. Doesn’t happen too often, but still fairly common.
    Fairly common? Not. I've got over 500 records and never received an opened record that I didn't know was opened before hand. I don't know of anybody else that has either. Could be played already for all you know.
    Well, I’m telling you I’ve received plenty of new records that weren’t in shrinkwrap or sealed some other way, and I’ve seen others in the “new” section at record stores I frequent. Not as common as it used to be, but not unheard of. 
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    I was hoping theyd be signed.  I didn’t buy one but i was hoping for you guys. Still a cool set.  

Whats the highest this sold for during the hysteria?
  • for the price of the boxset, it's pretty unheard of
  • Horse2345 said:
    DewieCox said:
    Horse2345 said:
    I have received records not sealed from retailers also, so your 500 to zero ratio is impressive!

• The incredibly rare 593 out of 500.  It's not even limited. 
    If this isn't photoshopped this is sum bulllllllllshiiiiiit...
  • yordenhaueryordenhauer Woodinville, WA Posts: 2
    If this isn't photoshopped this is sum bulllllllllshiiiiiit...
    This is not photoshopped.  Received it today and it is still a great item, but a bit disappointed that it wasn’t as advertised.  Going to form a support group with the owners of 501 to 592!
  • Gtilley8 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    I don't want to offend anyone, but I'm just curious and I'd like to ask a simple question..
    so, all these records inside this box are the regular reissues that you could get for about $20-25 or so a piece? so, about $150 for the box alone and the COA?
    Yeah, so $200 less than you’d have to pay on the secondary market right now.
    Secondary market right now is sort of irrelevant, isn't it?
    No, not if you want the box to House the LP’s in. Not sure how it’s irrelevent at all.

Well, I'm not sure that the poster was discussing what the current secondary price was.  Simply what buyer could infer to have paid based on seeing the results here.  Just because 10 people on this site bought 5 boxes apiece and are flipping them at some idiot price doesn't really make a buyer feel like they really made out on the deal.  Nor should it.  
    There is a thread that was started the moment these went on sale detailing the price difference of the box, so this was known information to most before purchasing. The fact that the box alone is going for $300+ at this point, makes me more likely to repeat my purchase if given the choice, not less.
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 567
    #593?!?!?!
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889

Maybe a misprint 493, 393, 293, 193?
  • PJamminPJammin Posts: 567
    I suppose they could have started at 100
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    Gtilley8 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    I don't want to offend anyone, but I'm just curious and I'd like to ask a simple question..
    so, all these records inside this box are the regular reissues that you could get for about $20-25 or so a piece? so, about $150 for the box alone and the COA?
    No, not if you want the box to House the LP’s in. Not sure how it’s irrelevent at all.

Well, I'm not sure that the poster was discussing what the current secondary price was.  Simply what buyer could infer to have paid based on seeing the results here.  Just because 10 people on this site bought 5 boxes apiece and are flipping them at some idiot price doesn't really make a buyer feel like they really made out on the deal.  Nor should it.  
    There is a thread that was started the moment these went on sale detailing the price difference of the box, so this was known information to most before purchasing. The fact that the box alone is going for $300+ at this point, makes me more likely to repeat my purchase if given the choice, not less.
    I didn't buy this, or the empty box.  I have no vested interest.  Judging by your comments, flipping is what you're all about.  No need to keep the hype train going.  It looks like it's doing just fine.  You continue to argue a point that I wasn't talking about.  Good on ya.  Good evening.
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
    PJammin said:
    I suppose they could have started at 100
    Well, the first 100 had to go to Vitalogy's ebay account.  
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• Gtilley8 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    Gtilley8 said:

I didn't buy this, or the empty box.  I have no vested interest.  Judging by your comments, flipping is what you're all about.  No need to keep the hype train going.  It looks like it's doing just fine.  You continue to argue a point that I wasn't talking about.  Good on ya.  Good evening.
    I’ll adhere to the posting guidelines, despite my impulses.
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    I just finished an exhausting conference, away from my family for almost a week and am a little drunk, but y’all got what you paid for, except the opened records, so I hope everyone is super positive and only comment on the opened records. 
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    edited November 2017
    scurtis said:
    I just finished an exhausting conference, away from my family for almost a week and am a little drunk, but y’all got what you paid for, except the opened records, so I hope everyone is super positive and only comment on the opened records. 
    I have no complaints, it is what it is.  Opened records isn't uncommon in box sets, but I never had some opened and some sealed.
    Post edited by Patrick_Sea3 on
    Gtilley8 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    Gtilley8 said:

Well, thank you so very much. I feel so, i dunno, pardoned....?
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• I couldn’t possibly care less that they’re not sealed. The first thing I’m going to do is rip em open and play them anyways. Also purchased before I really even knew this was “limited”, so don’t care about the COA either. I needed almost all of the records on vinyl. Just happy that I’ll have my favorite band’s studio collection on wax. Will be happier when I get to add Eleven to the collection. 

The only aspect of this purchase that I viewed as a lottery ticket was what pressing we’d get. This wasn’t explicit in the item description, but when I saw that Ten was getting an OG reissue, I was in (I personally did not like the redux). Had held out hope that Vs and Vitalogy might get the same treatment - since these weren’t getting a 2017 reissue and because a mint copy of the Vs and Vitalogy pressings I would want goes for way more than the price difference between the Box Set and a “build your own” collection would have been. If Vs and Vitalogy aren’t up to snuff, I’ll go get the versions I want eventually. But I’m also not about to judge them before listening. 
  • Gtilley8 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    Gtilley8 said:

Well, thank you so very much. I feel so, i dunno, pardoned....?
    Cliff notes - I wanted the full set in the box.

point - if I didn’t overpay to begin with, I would have to pay even more now. Not sure how you got flipping out of that.
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    We needed the COA cause bootlegging these readily available and relatively cheap vinyl albums will be such a huge problem in the future.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • I'm still looking forward to getting my boxset but I'm a little upset about #593?!?

its not limited to 500...

im so glad that 10c has come on here to clarify things too. 
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I have been waiting for this day of outrage.  Not disappointed
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    Now we really need someone to start the “Official Vinyl Boxset Owners” thread, just to keep track of what numbers turn up
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    I also couldnt care less they are not sealed, it is absolutely unimportant to me. 

The boxset is a nice and complete item that I am very much looking forward to adding to the collection.