2017 Pearl Jam Complete Vinyl Box Set

Comments

• Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    how'd the lps fare, any seam splits or are they tight in the box?
    thanks
    No splits, not super tight in the box, more snug I would say.
  • The only thing that disappoints me is the fact the these AREN’T being personally delivered by Boom. What a drag...
  • Patrick_Sea3Patrick_Sea3 West Seattle Posts: 889
    The only thing that disappoints me is the fact the these AREN’T being personally delivered by Boom. What a drag...
    I think I saw a tiny slip of paper inside one of the albums with a phone number that said Boom.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    As Backspacer and Lightning Bolt are sealed, maybe they did just pull them from boxes in the warehouse. Could be why they only did 500, just to shift $20000 of vinyl from the warehouse. Strange the others weren't sealed though.

More surprised they replicated the counterfeit Save You, what's with that?
  • Backspacer And lightning bolt are no reprints 
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    I don't want to offend anyone, but I'm just curious and I'd like to ask a simple question..
    so, all these records inside this box are the regular reissues that you could get for about $20-25 or so a piece? so, about $150 for the box alone and the COA?
  • I don't want to offend anyone, but I'm just curious and I'd like to ask a simple question..
    so, all these records inside this box are the regular reissues that you could get for about $20-25 or so a piece? so, about $150 for the box alone and the COA?
    Yeah, so $200 less than you’d have to pay on the secondary market right now.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited November 2017
    Box is not sealed.. wow. So it comes the same way as they empty box did.  Double WOW. They just filled the empty boxes themselves... filled 500 with COA and records off the shelves... and then sold the left over boxes separate. You could have bought the box and every release in the box at the store and got it for much cheaper... I'm still trying to figure out why the box was sold... seems pointless. And to top it off, they seem to be just random pressings. Vs, Vitalogy, Backspacer and Lightning Bolt are same as on store shelves. I hardly ever complain, but dang ... a band of this stature deserves a better product than this. At least give us uniform pressings.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Horse2345Horse2345 Posts: 3,225
    All of the records were unsealed, except for Backspacer and Lightning Bolt which were still sealed, which I thought was a little odd?
    Well that's BS,  where else can you sell opened merchandise without declaring it. 
    UBC 92, Vancouver 93, Vancouver 98, Seattle 02, Vancouver 03, Vancouver 05, Gorge 06, Gorge 06,Seattle 09,Seattle 09, Vancouver09, Montreal 11, Toronto 11,Toronto 11, Vancouver 11,Vancouver 13, Seattle 13
  • MedozK said:
    Box is not sealed.. wow. So it comes the same way as they empty box did.  Double WOW. They just filled the empty boxes themselves... filled 500 with COA and records off the shelves... and then sold the left over boxes separate. You could have bought the box and every release in the box at the store and got it for much cheaper... I'm still trying to figure out why the box was sold... seems pointless. And to top it off, they seem to be just random pressings. Vs, Vitalogy, Backspacer and Lightning Bolt are same as on store shelves. I hardly ever complain, but dang ... a band of this stature deserves a better product than this. At least give us uniform pressings.

• sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    edited November 2017
    Hey...I just saw Fonzie riding on water skis while wearing a black leather jacket and shorts.
    Lookout! There's a shark! Jump!!!   

Post edited by shecky on
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    I expected a box with coa. Delivered

I expected the box containing all sealed reissued vinyl.  So this is incorrect. I don't understand why they are open and older versions. 

Don't be down on this. Still can't wait to receive mine
    Horse2345 said:
    All of the records were unsealed, except for Backspacer and Lightning Bolt which were still sealed, which I thought was a little odd?
    Well that's BS,  where else can you sell opened merchandise without declaring it. 
    Yea, being unsealed is very odd.
    Backspacer And lightning bolt are no reprints 
    I would have been surprised if they were.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    MedozK said:
    Box is not sealed.. wow. So you could have bought the box and every release in the box at the store and got it for much cheaper... I'm still trying to figure out why the box was sold... seems pointless. And to top it off, they seem to be just random pressings. Vs, Vitalogy, Backspacer and Lightning Bolt are same as on store shelves. I hardly ever complain, but dang ... a band of this stature deserves a better product than this.
    They probably thought they were doing a few fans a favour by giving them the chance to buy them all together rather than designing an exclusive collectors item that hardcore fans would clamber for. You bought a couple of empties as well so you can't be too disappointed, good investment with those.
  • Air23Air23 Roma Posts: 1,351
    MedozK said:
    Horse2345 said:
    Yea, being unsealed is very odd.
    @Santos L. Halper your help is needed to solve the puzzle
    edited November 2017
    They should have been. They should have just released the reissues, and waited to do a proper box set. Hate to say it, but this product is half ass, kinda thrown together.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Horse2345 said:
    Every record vendor on the internet. I get the occasional new unsealed record. Doesn’t happen too often, but still fairly common.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411

MedozK said:
    They should have been. They should have just released the reissues, and waited to do a proper box set. Hate to say it, but this product is half ass, kinda thrown together.
    How is this different from say the Petty boxes? 
    edited November 2017
    MedozK said:
    I agree with you, bro. Just thought their last two records are a bit too recent for a reissue.. But yeah, either make it special with all original pressings, or with all colored unique 2017 reprints.. I did not even ordered one (was already sold out when I watched and didn't even had a chance to decide to buy it or not), so, if it was something special, I would really regret it.. but I feel for you. Hallf ass, as you say it.

edit: just to be clear, I'm not saying people should have expected something different. Just, if you're doing a thing, make it good. And make the description a little more clear. I personally think I would have emailed them before buying, asking clarifications about the versions included and stuff.. but they probably would have not replied back, or in the meantime already sold out. So, well..
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    I don't want to offend anyone, but I'm just curious and I'd like to ask a simple question..
    Secondary market right now is sort of irrelevant, isn't it?
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    I just knew at least one booklet would be signed. AND it's a Boom variant!

• -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    I just knew at least one booklet would be signed. AND it's a Boom variant!

Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Gtilley8 said:
    No, not if you want the box to House the LP’s in. Not sure how it’s irrelevent at all.
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    edited November 2017
    Gtilley8 said:
    No, not if you want the box to House the LP’s in. Not sure how it’s irrelevent at all.

Well, I'm not sure that the poster was discussing what the current secondary price was.  Simply what buyer could infer to have paid based on seeing the results here.  Just because 10 people on this site bought 5 boxes apiece and are flipping them at some idiot price doesn't really make a buyer feel like they really made out on the deal.  Nor should it.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
    edited November 2017
    DewieCox said:

MedozK said:
    How is this different from say the Petty boxes? 
    Well the Petty box contains 3 represses of limited AAA versions and new AAA cuts of all releases recorded to tape. I believe only a couple 3 of the the releases were recorded digitally and all were recut.

The PJ contains 4 albums currently available, (there have been recuts of VS and Vitalogy in the market), but they apparently wanted to include the abysmal earlier 2011 cuts. (Mine has not arrived yet, so I can not confirm runout etchings).

Yield an No Code are the same released a few months ago, the opposite of what Petty did. (The Petty set sold individual copies after the box set was issued)

So you have the 3 reissues (Binaural, Riot Act, Pearl Jam) and the Original mix of Ten compared to the Petty set which was one of the best AAA products released in recent years.
  • Did anyone else get one to look at?

More pics?

...Please?
  • yordenhaueryordenhauer Woodinville, WA Posts: 2
    The incredibly rare 593 out of 500.  It's not even limited. 
    edited November 2017
    The incredibly rare 593 out of 500.  It's not even limited. 
    ahahaha...
    I tell you, sell that COA now.. easy $$$$
    It's like the COA itself says: I know I'm just a useless piece of paper, who cares about the number?
    Post edited by Jammalambo on
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I wonder what the new remastered Avacado sounds like?