Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    pepijn1972pepijn1972 Helmond Posts: 13
    edited November 2017
    How does it goes with the sale of tickets for the 10c members?

Post edited by pepijn1972 on
    2014 Werchter 
    2018 1st Amsterdam Pinkpop
    2019 EV Düsseldorf 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,810

At a normal 10 club show you would have the option to go with GA and/or reserved seating. The odds for each would be displayed next to the choice giving you an idea how popular that show is. You can put in for as many shows as you want but each pick is priority based. If you get selected for a show your CC will be charged and you will be unable to back out so be sure that you can go. 
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    PeterED said:
    PJNB said:
    JackD. said:
    As I am considering only doing the second date in Amsterdam...do you think both will be announced at the same time? If not, how do 10c tickets work with later announced dates? No fanclub presale for those?

Thanks! :-)
    There are a couple of examples of this from previous years. Worcester night 2 2013 was a 10 club draw for those that were unsuccessful in the first night. Toronto night 2 2016 happened about an hour after the first show sold out and was just offered to the general public with no 10 club draw. I am unsure what happened with Amsterdam night 2 2014 but I would guess it was the same as TO night 2.  
    I managed amazing tickets for Toronto 2 by hitting refresh non-stop. (After getting nothing from 10C again.)
    ANOTHER NICE BONUS O THE SITUATION WAS ALKING IN AT LIKE 7 AND BEING 2ND ROW BY STONE..  without a tenclub only floor the times people got in was a little more relaxed... 
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,797
    I like the way they used to do the tickets prior to the standing room only section. My girlfriend is too short and I'm too old to be bunched up amongst so many people in a sweaty hot mess. Back in the day, I was never selected to move up in the front 2 rows, but at least there was a chance. Now...no chance in hell. But I think I'm in the minority.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I like the way they used to do the tickets prior to the standing room only section. My girlfriend is too short and I'm too old to be bunched up amongst so many people in a sweaty hot mess. Back in the day, I was never selected to move up in the front 2 rows, but at least there was a chance. Now...no chance in hell. But I think I'm in the minority.
    I definitely prefer the seat lottery with rows 1,2 9,10 randomly distributed... who the hell wants to sleep outside overnight just to be up front? 
  • Options
    Am I over reaching for wanting an "experiment part 2"?
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,969
    my2hands said:
    I definitely prefer the seat lottery with rows 1,2 9,10 randomly distributed... who the hell wants to sleep outside overnight just to be up front? 
    In Europe at least, there's no need to line up early. You might not get rail but you can be down the front by getting there for doors opening. 

With the old system, I'd only have a very limited chance of getting so close. So the GA system suits me great!
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,349
    my2hands said:
    I'd love it if they continued to do this with the reserved sections... I don't really see what reason they had to stop
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    my2hands said:

It will come back if someone gets hurt in hanging in the middle of the night on the streets.  I too would love to go back to old school seniority but i would guess its brought in a ton of new memberships dues around tours. $$
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,965
    I like the current setup just fine. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Noload said:
    my2hands said:

It will come back if someone gets hurt in hanging in the middle of the night on the streets.  I too would love to go back to old school seniority but i would guess its brought in a ton of new memberships dues around tours. $$
    Also kind of unfair for the poor suckers like myself who are too young to even stand a chance, seniority-wise.
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    my2hands said:
    I know this has been covered before; but i always walk in about 45 minutes before they come on and have never been more than 4 people back. I’ve been as close as 1 person from the rail. Now granted, I choose the sides, generally directly in front of Mike or Stone.  In Greenville last year, the rail was open in front of Stone.  To me it’s perfect, enjoy the bars and people up until the show, then meander in and walk towards the back of the crowd and enjoy an epic spot on the floor. 
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,026
    In Europe there never was old system or whatever. GA standing the whole floor, the way it should be. It's a rock concert ffs. Seats are for old people's concerts over here.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    my2hands said:
    Amen to that!
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    PJNB said:

At a normal 10 club show you would have the option to go with GA and/or reserved seating. The odds for each would be displayed next to the choice giving you an idea how popular that show is. You can put in for as many shows as you want but each pick is priority based. If you get selected for a show your CC will be charged and you will be unable to back out so be sure that you can go. 
    Generally speaking, which has better odds? GA or reserved?
    4/13/16 - Jacksonville, FL
    9/2/18 - Boston, MA
    9/4/18 - Boston, MA
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    PJNB said:9

Reserved
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,546

So next Monday (or next week) is announcement day?  Can anyone in the know give a hint?

• Options
    Noload said:

Reserved
    Nice. Now just waiting for some NA whispers...
    4/13/16 - Jacksonville, FL
    9/2/18 - Boston, MA
    9/4/18 - Boston, MA
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited November 2017
    jmug23 said:
    my2hands said:
    I know this has been covered before; but i always walk in about 45 minutes before they come on and have never been more than 4 people back. I’ve been as close as 1 person from the rail. Now granted, I choose the sides, generally directly in front of Mike or Stone.  In Greenville last year, the rail was open in front of Stone.  To me it’s perfect, enjoy the bars and people up until the show, then meander in and walk towards the back of the crowd and enjoy an epic spot on the floor. 
    I know some people love GA, it's all good, and im fine if they keep it that way... but im not interested in wiggling my way up front... or the crowd of drunk even bro's jostling for position... this also doesn't help my GF who is 5'3 and would still have no chance of seeing... and God forbid if you want to leave your spot for a drink or the bathroom lol... I think it's much more exciting to randomly win 1st row tickets like my buddy did at Fenway last year or the 10th row dead center I win for the 2009 Spectrum finale... I will NEVER forget that feeling... sure beats sleeping outside and missing whatever city your visiting 

And you'll never get right up front unless you sleep outside... you may end up 4 or 5 rows back, but you have not shot at being on the rail in front if Ed... with the reserved lottery you have a real shot at it
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,904
    my2hands said:

Hell yeah. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    id rather be 20th row reserved than 5th row in GA even if there was the same entry time for both.. i just like having my little cubicle without humping and getting humped.. if you need to go to the bathroom you dont have to worry.  GA creates a worried crowd, an overly protective of space crown and sometimes even a hostile crowd and ed has to yell at the people.  while this is the minority, in reserved floor it just doenst happen 

'98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    Wings for me. I'm spoiled with perfect line of sight every time with a lower 100,000 10c membership number.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,810
    Noload said:

Reserved
    Seems like you are a new member. Seniority does not hurt your chances in getting tickets but you should know that your seats will be the worse that 10 club is going to offer. This depends on the venue but you are usually on the floor behind GA or in the back horseshoe in the lower bowl. Still good seats mind you just not that close. My recomendation is to either go with GA and hang at the back if you do not want to queue or worry about your spot or to maybe try you luck with ticketmaster. Not trying to discourage you from getting 10 club reserved seats just letting you know there may be better options out there. 
  • Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    my2hands said:
    jmug23 said:
    my2hands said:
    I know some people love GA, it's all good, and im fine if they keep it that way... but im not interested in wiggling my way up front... or the crowd of drunk even bro's jostling for position... this also doesn't help my GF who is 5'3 and would still have no chance of seeing... and God forbid if you want to leave your spot for a drink or the bathroom lol... I think it's much more exciting to randomly win 1st row tickets like my buddy did at Fenway last year or the 10th row dead center I win for the 2009 Spectrum finale... I will NEVER forget that feeling... sure beats sleeping outside and missing whatever city your visiting 

And you'll never get right up front unless you sleep outside... you may end up 4 or 5 rows back, but you have not shot at being on the rail in front if Ed... with the reserved lottery you have a real shot at it
    Yeah i totally understand what you’re saying. I have definitely seen some a-holes in Ga, like LA in 2013 when Ed kicked out the couple. Also in Greenville two girls weezled their way to the front of the rail right before go time.  Other than that, I’ve found it to be very accomadating and people are fine letting you leave to take a pee break. But I’m also 5’11” so line of site isn’t a huge issue. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,223
    my2hands said:
    towards the back of the crowd and enjoy an epic spot on the floor. 

I feel the opposite.  GA has been better for me.   I had row 14 in Vancouver 2011.  In 2013 I got there for doors and maybe had 5 or 6 people in front of me, dead center stage.    Seattle 2009 I was around row 24 on the floor.   I don't even think the pit goes back that far, so the pit is easily better.  The hard part is winning the GA passes.  Between my wife and I were 3/4 (completely got skunked on Seattle '13 10c seats, but had GA for Vancouver 13 and both Wrigley shows).

I guess it's tough.  For an Arena show 10c gets about 10% (maybe a little more) of tickets.  Probably 2000 tickets for an arena show.  A row is usually about 45 seats, so 180 seats in the 4 rows.   That's less than 10% odds of winning a row lottery, less than 5% for rows 1/2.    That's not great odds (and why most people never win).    I'd rather be closer, showing up at doors, for GA sections, for many shows, than the very small chance of winning row 1/2, but be back in my reserved seats.

For me GA made my concert going experience a while lot closer and better.  I don't wait overnight or anything, I show up at doors and manage to get a pretty decent spot.
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,923
    PJNB said:
    Noload said:

Reserved
    Seems like you are a new member. Seniority does not hurt your chances in getting tickets but you should know that your seats will be the worse that 10 club is going to offer. This depends on the venue but you are usually on the floor behind GA or in the back horseshoe in the lower bowl. Still good seats mind you just not that close. My recomendation is to either go with GA and hang at the back if you do not want to queue or worry about your spot or to maybe try you luck with ticketmaster. Not trying to discourage you from getting 10 club reserved seats just letting you know there may be better options out there. 
    However, if you have a good fanclub number, you can still get good reserved side stage tix.  I was about 10-15 rows up, equal with the stage, on Mike's side in Worcester in 2013. 

My wife is unwilling to stand up in GA for a 3+hr show.  Maybe hang out towards the back, but if I'm going to do that, I might as well go for a reserved seat that I know will be just as good.  Even if I'm not going with her, there's no way I"m camping out overnight or even queueing up in line a few hours early.  Just not worth it to me.  
  • Options
    PearlgillesPearlgilles Posts: 24
    edited November 2017

Post edited by Pearlgilles on
    Milan 2000; Dublin 2006; Verona 2006; Milan 2006; London 2007; Copenhagen 2007; Berlin 2009; Manchester 2009; London 2009; Dublin 2010; Belfast 2010; Berlin 2010; Venezia 2010; Alpine Valley 1&2 2011; Montreal 2011; Toronto 1&2 2011; Manchester 1&2 2012; Prague 2012; Berlin 1&2 2012; Stockholm 2012; Oslo 2012; Copenhagen 2012; Worcester 1&2 2013; Brooklyn 1&2 2013; Philadelphia 1&2 2013; Hartford 2013; Amsterdam 1&2 2014; Milano 2014; Trieste 2014; Vienna 2014; Berlin 2014; Stockholm 2014; Oslo 2014; Leeds 2014; Milton Keynes 2014; Milwaukee 2014; Denver 2014; Mexico City 2015

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    edited November 2017
    Wings for me. I'm spoiled with perfect line of sight every time with a lower 100,000 10c membership number.
    lucky, I love the front of the wing sections.  My number is too high to aim for anything outside of GA, I usually end up with better Ticketmaster or stubhub seats than 10c if I have to go the reserved route

I've been front row rail twice (Bonnaroo and Music Midtown) and in the first few rows of the pit multiple times, but my favorite seats ever were 2013 San Diego.  I was row 1 of the first "side stage" section.  Was the most incredible vantage point of a show I've ever had.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,223
    lucky, I love the front of the wing sections.  My number is too high to aim for anything outside of GA, I usually end up with better Ticketmaster or stubhub seats than 10c if I have to go the reserved route

I've been front row rail twice (Bonnaroo and Music Midtown) and in the first few rows of the pit multiple times, but my favorite seats ever were 2013 San Diego.  I was row 1 of the first "side stage" section.  Was the most incredible vantage point of a show I've ever had.
    Side stage tickets are awesome!  If I can't be close on the floor, it's my next favourite thing.  You're still superclose to the stage, but your also elevated so there's nothing really blocking your view.  I have row 12 side stage tickets for Foo Fighters next year.   i'm pretty excited about that.