Options

2018 Tour Rumour Thread

Comments

• Options
    jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    RiotZact said:
    I almost wonder if the reason that fall seems like a question mark is because the fall arena tour is dependent on how well the Cub’s season goes. 
    Could be. Or they could just plan for November December. Who knows, maybe the plan like others have said is for a big 2019. Just seems so far away! 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^ All of 2017 people were saying a big 2018 was in store too.  
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    ^ All of 2017 people were saying a big 2018 was in store too.  
    That’s true, that’s why I would be really bummed if the US only gets the same stadium shows again. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,822
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB is an Alternative Nation contributor today.

Weird seeing my name there to be honest. I have zero insider knowledge and only speculate from this thread and to see someone post what you are saying on another website is bizarre. I mean a lot of what we do here is try to put the pieces of the puzzle together from the scattered shreds of rumours that are out there. For someone to put that on a site to get hits is clickbait at its finest. 
  • Options
    I wonder what the most outrageous thing someone can post here, that the joke of a site would post
  • Options
    I wonder what the most outrageous thing someone can post here, that the joke of a site would post
    I thought of doing this but did not want the real readers here to be thrown off. :lol:
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    CopperTom said:
    PJNB is an Alternative Nation contributor today.

Weird seeing my name there to be honest. I have zero insider knowledge and only speculate from this thread and to see someone post what you are saying on another website is bizarre. I mean a lot of what we do here is try to put the pieces of the puzzle together from the scattered shreds of rumours that are out there. For someone to put that on a site to get hits is clickbait at its finest. 
    Yeah they quoted me with a quick convo I had with Dimi on here. It was bizarre. 
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    Should we test the theory? LOL
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Absolutely and it doesn’t even have to be about dates lol
  • Options
    ZeldaZonkZeldaZonk Seattle Posts: 614
    ZeldaZonk said:
    Absolutely and it doesn’t even have to be about dates lol
     =)  I love it.
    Forever feeling the sting of Raleigh 2016
  • Options
    They are watching right now though....

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Back to the rumours and this is my final guess until more info is provided. This is going off of the rumoured 7 shows in 4 states with multiple states being in the northwest.

Missoula - July 28th Jon Tester senate run 
    Safeco - August 10th weekend
    Wrigley - August 18th weekend
    Fenway - August 31st weekend

Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 302
    I believe aug 7-11 something is happening in California. Tour maybe from April to August with breaks in between 
    hear anything more on potential Cali shows?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited January 2018

I think the Safeco 8/8 & 8/10 info is accurate... because it would make sense for them to play the Outside Lands Festival on Sunday 8/12.... there is no way they aren't playing a festival or two in the USA this year

Also, what North American festival is the 3rd week of August 8/24-26? If the stadium dates are accurate I assume they are playing a festival that weekend 

Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJNB said:
    Back to the rumours and this is my final guess until more info is provided. This is going off of the rumoured 7 shows in 4 states with multiple states being in the northwest.

Why July 28 for Missoula?

I think the Safeco 8/8 & 8/10 info is accurate... because it would make sense for them to play the Outside Lands Festival on Sunday 8/12.... there is no way they aren't playing a festival or two in the USA this year

Agreed on OSL. I think that's the 7th show.
  • Options
    Lockn' is that weekend... they tend to be more jam band oriented... Neil w/Crazy Horse was supposed to play it a few years ago... maybe they will pay the $ to bring in PJ? 
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 826
    edited January 2018
    Someone just hit the nail on the 2018 tour head. Nice detective work. Announcements soon folks. :)
  • Options
    dickfergusondickferguson Atlanta, GA Posts: 42
    vedpunk said:
    Someone just hit the nail on the 2018 tour head. Nice detective work. Announcements soon folks. :)
    Tomorrow???
    Up here in my tree yeah... 

8/18/2018: Wrigley #1

• Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 461
    So... no US non-stadium shows?
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    Made in America is Labor Day weekend if they are playing Philly?
  • Options
    kerbjackkerbjack kamloops bc Posts: 218

vedpunk said:

We've had the same weekends for the stadium shows for 20 pages now, with no real new intel other than a possible 7th show somewhere in the US...but he also said the Safeco shows were Wed/Fri...and is a Leafs fans (There goes that credibility - jk ;)  )

Hopefully a hint in the newsletter (10th tomorrow!) and announcement next week.

'Have you seen the way that tree bends?'
  • Options
    vedpunk said:
    Oh snap!
  • Options
    logan5ive said:
    So... no US non-stadium shows?
    No info or reason to think this happens but really hoping this is like 2013's announcement. Announce the summer shows now like they did with Wrigley and London in 2013. Then plan and focus on the November tour for the west/midwest. 
  • Options
    chiefnjk said:
    tschav said:
    Thinking through possible windows for Pearl Jam to do Wrigley again. Criteria being longer road trips, mid-to-late summer, with a few days around the weekend available. 
    • June 22-25
    • July 12-15 (All Star game week)
    • July 28 (Foo's playing 29-30, not the 27th because they need at least a day for stage setup)
    • August 17-20
    • August 31-September 8 (Labor Day weekend, end of that stretch maybe not enough time to repair field)
    Thanks for posting this. We know it won't be June or mid-July because of the rumored Europe dates.
    My complete guess would be something like:
    Safeco Field Aug 8-12 (two shows)
    Wrigley Field Aug 17-20 (two shows)
    Fenway Park Aug 31-Sep 3 (two shows)

• Options
    dconner50dconner50 Arkansas Posts: 14
    PJNB said:

I think OSL makes more sense as the 7th show. 
    If I had to give exact dates I'd go with:
    August 8th and 10th - SafeCo in Seattle
    August 12th - Outside Lands festival in San Francisco
    August 18th and 20th - Wrigley Field in Chicago
    August 31st and September 2nd - Fenway Park in Boston. 
    Stoked for the announcement, hopefully we won't have to wait much longer

EV
    9/23/2017 Bourbon and Beyond Festival
  • Options
    2016 USA announcement.......

I think it was a Monday? Was it MLK Day or the following Monday? 
  • Options
    Fallon71494Fallon71494 Posts: 37
    edited January 2018
    my2hands said:

Tuesday, Jan 19th
    4/13/16 - Jacksonville, FL
    9/2/18 - Boston, MA
    9/4/18 - Boston, MA
  • Options
    my2hands said:

I think 2016 announcement was Tues. 1/19 (day after MLK Day).
  • Options
    dconner50dconner50 Arkansas Posts: 14
    my2hands said:

Pretty sure it was January 19th 2016, woulda been the day after MLK day on a tuesday
    EV
    9/23/2017 Bourbon and Beyond Festival
  • Options
    I knew I could rely on you guys... looks like I'll be here with my popcorn next Tues