Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

Photos of your guitars

14567810»

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 16,219
    Got this short scale cheapie along with that bottom Fender Rumble 15 amp off CL yesterday. 

Figured it would be good to have around the house, and the price was right.

First bass ever.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,405
    Oh man. That's like a gateway drug right there. Before you know it, you'll have an amp rig as big as your fridge and things will be shaking off the walls in your house. 

Congrats!
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
    It's (mostly) for my kids.

My son writes a lot of his own songs, and I thought having a short scale bass around could only help him with that.

And yeah, I was surprised by how quiet that amp is. I guess it takes a lot more wattage to amplify a bass. Makes sense.

Just bought some new strings from Sweetwater, but I don't think we'll go bigger on the amp unless someone decided to focus primarily on bass. That Rumbler 15 is perfectly fine for practicing at home.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:

My son writes a lot of his own songs, and I thought having a short scale bass around could only help him with that.

And yeah, I was surprised by how quiet that amp is. I guess it takes a lot more wattage to amplify a bass. Makes sense.

Just bought some new strings from Sweetwater, but I don't think we'll go bigger on the amp unless someone decided to focus primarily on bass. That Rumbler 15 is perfectly fine for practicing at home.
    Oh yes, definitely fine for practice. Those are solid amps. It's just addictive is all I meant. Bass is one of those things that you get to hear AND feel and once it grabs hold, it can be difficult to keep from wanting more. 
    dudeman said:
    dankind said:

Oh yes, definitely fine for practice. Those are solid amps. It's just addictive is all I meant. Bass is one of those things that you get to hear AND feel and once it grabs hold, it can be difficult to keep from wanting more. 
    He did say yesterday that he wants to play bass, but he wants to play everything.

At some point I’ll try to find an eight-track recorder for the kid. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    You're a good dad.