The Pizza Thread

Comments

• Anything would have tasted good from Scruffy's perspective after this incident of his prior to dinner:

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Posted this in the food thread: pizza I had in Brooklyn last night.  Easily one of the best pies I have ever had.  

Burnt. Poor disbursement of ingredients. That box of scrap wood looks like it might feature tastier items.

Aaaaand... it looks like you have plenty of forks underneath it to couple with your knife and go at it.

Poser.
    burnt?  you are crazy lol.
    You know you are jealous.
    Lol when something turns black, it's safe to say it's burnt!
    You can like burnt pizza, that's fine with me (although the NYPSD might attack you).

I don't mind a little char, but that's too much for me, the bitterness would only be acceptable to my pallette of the sauce is too sweet.
    I agree, it's a little much. I enjoy a touch of char as well, but those are some huge hunks of charcoal there. Also, the crust is too thick. Did they just put topping on a loaf of bread? =)

Yes.

It's tough to tell from photos sometimes, but if I was forced to choose between Scruffy's charred remnants and, say, a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli... I might choose the ravioli (even uncooked- straight from the can).

You gotta remember... Scruffy gets hammered sometimes. He'll slop back anything and think it's delicious. Maybe that's what happened here? I dunno.
    I love when canadians make fun of pizza, that's like me making fun of maple syrup while drinking a labatt blue lol.

del your italian palate consists of chef boyardee ravioli?  solid bro.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Anything would have tasted good from Scruffy's perspective after this incident of his prior to dinner:

fucking hilarious lol.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Posted this in the food thread: pizza I had in Brooklyn last night.  Easily one of the best pies I have ever had.  

Burnt. Poor disbursement of ingredients. That box of scrap wood looks like it might feature tastier items.

Aaaaand... it looks like you have plenty of forks underneath it to couple with your knife and go at it.

Poser.
    You can like burnt pizza, that's fine with me (although the NYPSD might attack you).

I don't mind a little char, but that's too much for me, the bitterness would only be acceptable to my pallette of the sauce is too sweet.
    I agree, it's a little much. I enjoy a touch of char as well, but those are some huge hunks of charcoal there. Also, the crust is too thick. Did they just put topping on a loaf of bread? =)

Yes.

It's tough to tell from photos sometimes, but if I was forced to choose between Scruffy's charred remnants and, say, a can of Chef Boyardee ravioli... I might choose the ravioli (even uncooked- straight from the can).

You gotta remember... Scruffy gets hammered sometimes. He'll slop back anything and think it's delicious. Maybe that's what happened here? I dunno.
    I love when canadians make fun of pizza, that's like me making fun of maple syrup while drinking a labatt blue lol.

See, you just evidenced the bullshit of NY Pizza Snobbery.
    New York makes some damn fine maple syrup, and beer too!  

Good food is everywhere, thinking your region is the only place to get real ______ is bullshit.

I used to crush some beefaroni.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

Yes.

Good food is everywhere, thinking your region is the only place to get real ______ is bullshit.

new york does not make labatt blue eh!
    no bullshit ny pizza snobbery here...i'm from jersey! ;)
    plus del and I just constantly rib each other, all good and fun.
    mcgruff10 said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

Yes.

new york does not make labatt blue eh!
    no bullshit ny pizza snobbery here...i'm from jersey! ;)
    plus del and I just constantly rib each other, all good and fun.
    Hahaha to everyone west of Philly, NJ is NY!

I wasn't trying to spoil the party, my crusade against NY Pizza Snobbery isn't as serious as I tend to make it sound lol
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    NYNJ Pizza Snobbery exists for a reason. 
    Keep on tilting against those windmills!  ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Although there is good pizza almost everywhere....the average pizza in this region is miles away from anywhere else I have noted.
    Been all around in the US.  Never been to Italy, so I will just keep it to a US discussion.

NYNJ Pizza Snobbery exists for a reason. 
    Keep on tilting against those windmills!  ;)
    Hahaha yeah it exists because y'all are the most arrogant metro in the world!!
    How many cities actually claim, with a straight face, to be the center of the universe?  Just one lol
    I am in Cherry Hill...South Jersey, a suburb of Philly. 
    I agree about those arrogant North Jersey bastards! 
    :rofl:
    Although there is good pizza almost everywhere....the average pizza in this region is miles away from anywhere else I have noted.
    Been all around in the US.  Never been to Italy, so I will just keep it to a US discussion.

I had 3 pizzas in Italy and none of them were spectacular.  All good, all different, all pizza.  That's sort of the way of pizza, you almost can't compare one to another because each is good in it's own way.
    That's why I don't accept the garbage talk on Chicago style, someone even said it's dogshit!
    You take all the same ingredients and just have more of them and suddenly it isn't even pizza or edible anymore? Nawwww, that's delicious and y'all know it!  
    Rigid labels have no place.

That being said, chocolate cake with chocolate frosting is the only true cake.
    Hahaha.
    Start a 'Cake Thread'

I am one of those guilty of putting down Chicago deep dish pizza and saying that it cannot be called pizza.  Will take that 'Lou's is Dogshit' stance to my grave with me.  I totally get that some people love it and that this is what they think of when they think of pizza.
    (When I think of Lou's I think of serious stomach issues.)

cherry hilly might as well be in the middle of iowa lol.

no one else is eating pizza besides me?!  what the hell?
    gambs I agree, I had pizza in north eastern italy and it wasn't all that impressed.  I think the worst pizza I ever had was in canada....just plain disgusting.  Montreal and some little town across the border from glacier national park had pizza that I couldn't finish.
    Cherry Hill, IA. 
    :lol:

Hey, I like Iowa, a nice place to visit.
    Place that gave us Chadwick!
    Hahaha.
    Start a 'Cake Thread'

I am one of those guilty of putting down Chicago deep dish pizza and saying that it cannot be called pizza.  Will take that 'Lou's is Dogshit' stance to my grave with me.  I totally get that some people love it and that this is what they think of when they think of pizza.

I don't know anything about Lou's, I just know that a nice fluffy pizza dough piled with sauce and cheese and meats and veggies is a damn good idea!
    Hahaha.
    Start a 'Cake Thread'

deep dish pizza just isn't pizza to me.  I think it should be illegal to eat pizza with a knife and fork.
    Is that the Cherry Hill from Harold and Kumar?
    rgambs said:
    Is that the Cherry Hill from Harold and Kumar?
    Correct.
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mcgruff10 said:

gambs I agree, I had pizza in north eastern italy and it wasn't all that impressed.  I think the worst pizza I ever had was in canada....just plain disgusting.  Montreal and some little town across the border from glacier national park had pizza that I couldn't finish.
    The pizza I had in Pisa was nasty.  Touristy shit, topped with those salty canned "mushrooms".  I felt utterly let down from the first whiff and bite.

Now Rome?  Bring it!  Those mofo's know how to make a proper pie.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,832
    edited November 2017
    hedonist said:
    mcgruff10 said:

The pizza I had in Pisa was nasty.  Touristy shit, topped with those salty canned "mushrooms".  I felt utterly let down from the first whiff and bite.

And if you go further south it gets even better.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

Yes.

I actually rather like Chef-Boyardee ravioli. :blush: I mean, I'm not picking it over good real pasta or anything, but still, I'll get a nasty craving for that shit on occasion. I am ashamed of this.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    eddiec said:
    hedonist said:
    mcgruff10 said:

*resisting a "that's what she said"*
    =)
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    eddiec said:
    hedonist said:
    mcgruff10 said:

*resisting a "that's what she said"*
    =)
    I thought that the gondolier rested in a more northerly position of the mighty current.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

Yes.

I actually rather like Chef-Boyardee ravioli. :blush: I mean, I'm not picking it over good real pasta or anything, but still, I'll get a nasty craving for that shit on occasion. I am ashamed of this.
    It is a dominant taste of childhood for those raised in the 80's!

Now spaghetti-O's, no thanks lol
    I didn't even eat those when I was a kid.
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Poser.

Yes.

It is a dominant taste of childhood for those raised in the 80's!

Now spaghetti-O's, no thanks lol
    I didn't even eat those when I was a kid.
    Yeah, Spaghetti-Os no, disgusting ... but for some reason Zoodles were still perfectly acceptable to me, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited November 2017
    When 9 or 10 I was eating spaghetti-os for dinner.  I hated them and didn't want to eat.  My dad said "eat it, or wear it"
    I laughed and said "I'll wear it!"
    He dunked my face in the Os.

Last time I ever touched them!
    :lol:

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    The fuck are Zoodles?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Zucchini noodles?

After this "Chef" Boyardee talk, all I can think of is....

Rusty!!!
  • For gawds sakes people... click on the Instagram link and watch Scruffy's follies.

And Chef Boyardee and all that canned pasta is horrific. Dog food basically. But probably better than Scruffy's burnt pizza I'm thinking.
    "My brain's a good brain!"