Eddie Vedder 2017 merchandise

Comments

• Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,645
    I hope Mumford drops 300 prints
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,082
    ISO a Zippo from the shows!

If anybody can help out that'd be great!

Enjoy the show!
  • Options
    bradklausenbradklausen Posts: 366
    PJ-Cubs said:
    PJNB said:
    scurtis said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    5 on the bay already haha. What a fuckin joke. I don't know why I still get surprised by this. I really should be used to it by now. People don't even wait to have it in hand anymore! 
    It pisses me off too, especially when's I miss out,
    It pisses me off more... I don't want to sell to people who only care about a poster as a voucher to make themselves a little money, I don't spend all this time and energy making art for fans of any band so some person can waltz in at the last minute and take what I made and make a few bucks for themselves for doing absolutely nothing

If you guys do some clever sleuthing, and ask the sellers questions about their location or find out their name, I can cancel their orders.  

Always amazes me people sell something on ebay they don't have yet. 
    I have always wondered why so few AP's are printed. There is clearly a demand for this print so why is it so limited? You are clearly leaving money on the table by not making more no? I realize you do not want to have extra prints just lying around that did not sell but you must have known this one was going to sell a lot. Sorry new to the poster game just curious why things have to be so limited. 
    It's not up to us, the artists. The bands / merch companies dictate what we get paid. Usually it's 100 posters. Us artists, we aren't allowed to print any more then the band / merch company allots us. 
    Since, we are talking about the business, I have always wondered how artists decide what price to sell their prints at.  I am assuming that it is difficult balancing making the art accessible for fans and ensuring that you are not leaving money on the table for flippers to grab in the secondary market.
    It is tough. When I first started making posters in 04/05, the thing I always liked about gigposters was they were inexpensive cool art. So if you don't have a lot of money, you could go to a show and get a cool piece of art for about $20-25. I always liked that idea of affordable, cool, screen printed art. I still do. Which is why I try and keep my prices on many of my posters reasonable. 

That being said, we live in a society where we get this lovely hidden tax called inflation... the price of everything seems to just always be on a steady incline. Food, gas, housing... with the exception of the fluctuation of the price of gas, it seldom seems we ever see prices for our existence decline.  So I, like everyone else, need to exist in this world of a seemingly unending incline in the price of existence. 

And I've watched the poster scene prices go up just like everything else goes up. With the pop culture / movie poster trend that took off so many years ago, I was somewhat amazed to see what people were charging for prints, and not always screen prints, but giclees too. 

And I watch these pj poster sales and watch artists sell posters for $100+ 

So I try and stick to that original idea that gigposters, to me at least, have always been these examples of cool, affordable art. But then times changes, and the cost of living goes up, and I watch what other artists are selling their work for and if they are moving their posters at those price points, and try and be somewhat comparable to the overall scene standard at the same time trying to maintain that belief that gigposters should be affordable. But then I also know what goes into making these posters, how much time and energy and love and angst, and that time and energy should be rewarded. 

If a band, like PJ, has a fan base that loves and collects posters, and there's obviously a demand there, you don't want to leave money on the table and you can charge more. Even going from $60 to $65 or $70, seems like a big move to me, but then you watch artists sell posters for $100+ and they sell out instantly. So you see that and say, maybe I should raise my prices too, if the demand is there. 

It's hard to figure out what to price posters at, and us artists will talk to one another and say "hey you did a poster for such and such band, how did it sell?" And they might say it was great, sold out relatively fast or shortly over a period of time, or they might say I barely sold any and am stuck with a stack of them. So you have to try and guess a lot of the time as to whether or not a poster will sell at a particular price point or not. Because it's happened to all of us artists at some point, where you price a poster too high, and it doesn't sell, so the next one you underprice because you don't want to get stuck with inventory again and it sells too fast and you realize you could have charged more. Happens all the time. 

For me I try and keep poster prices around the $30 - 45 range, unless it's for a band that has a fan base that collects poster, like PJ or say Phish, then you can charge more because you know there's more demand. 

Art and commerce are tough, especially for most of us artists who aren't always very business savvy or financially minded. It's truly a blessing (and I say that not as a religious person) to get to make any amount of money selling your art; but for most artists, the business / commerce side is the foreign / unfamiliar side of the process. I never set out to have my own online store, and I remember when I first started selling posters all the sudden I was now taking people's CC info and their money and having to be a customer service agent answering emails and dealing with financial issues from sales,... it's something I am very grateful for as it allows me to continue to exist making a living selling my art, but I never wanted to get into commerce and business... and I think that's true of many artist, many are just winging it when it comes to the business side of things, but if you do it long enough, you kind of figure out a happy medium, but every sale always seems like a crap shoot... you never know how people will respond to each new poster. 

that was long and rambly, sorry, must mean I am putting off doing something else! 
  • Options
    AmishGuy91AmishGuy91 Posts: 826
    Thanks for the insight Brad.  I totally agree that if the print is gonna sell for hundreds on the secondary market, I'd rather it just sell for that initially so the artist gets the profits.  
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    PJ-Cubs said:
    PJNB said:
    scurtis said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    5 on the bay already haha. What a fuckin joke. I don't know why I still get surprised by this. I really should be used to it by now. People don't even wait to have it in hand anymore! 
    It pisses me off more... I don't want to sell to people who only care about a poster as a voucher to make themselves a little money, I don't spend all this time and energy making art for fans of any band so some person can waltz in at the last minute and take what I made and make a few bucks for themselves for doing absolutely nothing

If you guys do some clever sleuthing, and ask the sellers questions about their location or find out their name, I can cancel their orders.  

I have always wondered why so few AP's are printed. There is clearly a demand for this print so why is it so limited? You are clearly leaving money on the table by not making more no? I realize you do not want to have extra prints just lying around that did not sell but you must have known this one was going to sell a lot. Sorry new to the poster game just curious why things have to be so limited. 
    It's not up to us, the artists. The bands / merch companies dictate what we get paid. Usually it's 100 posters. Us artists, we aren't allowed to print any more then the band / merch company allots us. 
    Since, we are talking about the business, I have always wondered how artists decide what price to sell their prints at.  I am assuming that it is difficult balancing making the art accessible for fans and ensuring that you are not leaving money on the table for flippers to grab in the secondary market.
    It is tough. When I first started making posters in 04/05, the thing I always liked about gigposters was they were inexpensive cool art. So if you don't have a lot of money, you could go to a show and get a cool piece of art for about $20-25. I always liked that idea of affordable, cool, screen printed art. I still do. Which is why I try and keep my prices on many of my posters reasonable. 

That being said, we live in a society where we get this lovely hidden tax called inflation... the price of everything seems to just always be on a steady incline. Food, gas, housing... with the exception of the fluctuation of the price of gas, it seldom seems we ever see prices for our existence decline.  So I, like everyone else, need to exist in this world of a seemingly unending incline in the price of existence. 

And I've watched the poster scene prices go up just like everything else goes up. With the pop culture / movie poster trend that took off so many years ago, I was somewhat amazed to see what people were charging for prints, and not always screen prints, but giclees too. 

So I try and stick to that original idea that gigposters, to me at least, have always been these examples of cool, affordable art. But then times changes, and the cost of living goes up, and I watch what other artists are selling their work for and if they are moving their posters at those price points, and try and be somewhat comparable to the overall scene standard at the same time trying to maintain that belief that gigposters should be affordable. But then I also know what goes into making these posters, how much time and energy and love and angst, and that time and energy should be rewarded. 

If a band, like PJ, has a fan base that loves and collects posters, and there's obviously a demand there, you don't want to leave money on the table and you can charge more. Even going from $60 to $65 or $70, seems like a big move to me, but then you watch artists sell posters for $100+ and they sell out instantly. So you see that and say, maybe I should raise my prices too, if the demand is there. 

It's hard to figure out what to price posters at, and us artists will talk to one another and say "hey you did a poster for such and such band, how did it sell?" And they might say it was great, sold out relatively fast or shortly over a period of time, or they might say I barely sold any and am stuck with a stack of them. So you have to try and guess a lot of the time as to whether or not a poster will sell at a particular price point or not. Because it's happened to all of us artists at some point, where you price a poster too high, and it doesn't sell, so the next one you underprice because you don't want to get stuck with inventory again and it sells too fast and you realize you could have charged more. Happens all the time. 

For me I try and keep poster prices around the $30 - 45 range, unless it's for a band that has a fan base that collects poster, like PJ or say Phish, then you can charge more because you know there's more demand. 

Art and commerce are tough, especially for most of us artists who aren't always very business savvy or financially minded. It's truly a blessing (and I say that not as a religious person) to get to make any amount of money selling your art; but for most artists, the business / commerce side is the foreign / unfamiliar side of the process. I never set out to have my own online store, and I remember when I first started selling posters all the sudden I was now taking people's CC info and their money and having to be a customer service agent answering emails and dealing with financial issues from sales,... it's something I am very grateful for as it allows me to continue to exist making a living selling my art, but I never wanted to get into commerce and business... and I think that's true of many artist, many are just winging it when it comes to the business side of things, but if you do it long enough, you kind of figure out a happy medium, but every sale always seems like a crap shoot... you never know how people will respond to each new poster. 

that was long and rambly, sorry, must mean I am putting off doing something else! 
    Thanks for the insight!
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    iO letsgoiO letsgo Posts: 186
    scurtis said:
    nicknyr15 said:

i haven't been on the forums much lately and then i see this today and had to comment.  so awesome to see an artist conversing and sharing his opinions with us here on the forums.  i will admit the whole poster flipping thing has really turned me off in recent years and that's unfortunate because it used to be such a simple way to remember and appreciate a show.  anyway, just want to say thanks for all that you do brad!  met you back at PJ20 and have been loving your art for years, keep on rockin!
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    Agree with other comments - very nice of Brad to share some insight!  Also - keep putting out those cool posters - yours are some of the best!
  • Options
    Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,869
    PJ-Cubs said:
    PJNB said:
    scurtis said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Thanks for the insight Brad. Hands down one of my favorite artists for this band. Of all my PJ gig prints your work is the one I own most of. Please keep those beautiful prints coming. 
  • Options
    iO letsgo said:
    scurtis said:
    nicknyr15 said:

i haven't been on the forums much lately and then i see this today and had to comment.  so awesome to see an artist conversing and sharing his opinions with us here on the forums.  i will admit the whole poster flipping thing has really turned me off in recent years and that's unfortunate because it used to be such a simple way to remember and appreciate a show.  anyway, just want to say thanks for all that you do brad!  met you back at PJ20 and have been loving your art for years, keep on rockin!
    I try and come to the forums on the days of my sales to be available in case there's any weird issues that happen... which they do from time to time, so it's good to have direct, instant access to folks so you can explain what's going on if something weird has happened and to keep them up to date. 

plus I am a poster nerd too, so I am lurking in this thread anyway, because, I like all of you, can't wait to see what people come up with for each new poster. Am hoping Mike Fudge gets an EV poster, been digging his work lately and seems like he's hitting a stride with gigposters.

thanks to all of you guys for what you all do, if it weren't for the fans, there'd be no shows to make posters for! 

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,397
    edited June 2017
    iO letsgo said:
    scurtis said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I try and come to the forums on the days of my sales to be available in case there's any weird issues that happen... which they do from time to time, so it's good to have direct, instant access to folks so you can explain what's going on if something weird has happened and to keep them up to date. 

plus I am a poster nerd too, so I am lurking in this thread anyway, because, I like all of you, can't wait to see what people come up with for each new poster. Am hoping Mike Fudge gets an EV poster, been digging his work lately and seems like he's hitting a stride with gigposters.

thanks to all of you guys for what you all do, if it weren't for the fans, there'd be no shows to make posters for! 

Yesss Mike Fudge is the best 'new' artist in the poster game. All of his stuff has been great so far. I am really hoping for one too
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    NoWayNoWay St. Louis Posts: 347
    Brad, you've shown time and again that you are a first class person and stand up guy in addition to being a terrific artist.  I missed the sale today but love the poster and how you interact with all of us.  Thanks for that. 
    St. Louis - 7/27/92, 4/22/03, 10/5/04, 5/4/10, 7/1/11 (EV), 10/3/14
    Chicago - 5/17/06, 8/21/08 (EV), 8/23/09, 7/19/13, 8/20/16
    Champaign - 4/23/03
    East Troy - 9/3/11, 9/4/11
    Kansas City - 5/3/10
    Las Vegas - 6/6/03
    Memphis - 6/20/09 (EV)
    Moline - 10/17/14
    Oklahoma City - 11/16/13
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,567
    Thanks Brad for your insight. Great to hear direct from the artist.
    I for one wouldn't  mind paying $100, $200, $300, or even $500 and more for a poster if it was direct to the artist for a signed/numbered print.
    Not at all interested in lining the pockets of the flippers.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,834
    iO letsgo said:
    scurtis said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Thanks fir all the insight. I have to tell you , your Ft Lauderdale 2016 poster is one of my favorite if all time. Thanks for being amongst us fans 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    iO letsgo said:
    scurtis said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Thanks fir all the insight. I have to tell you , your Ft Lauderdale 2016 poster is one of my favorite if all time. Thanks for being amongst us fans 
    ft lauderdale turned out well, I dig that one too... they don't always end up like you see them in your head, so some you are more pleased with how they turn out then others and that one I was pleased with how she turned out. 

as for being amongst the fans... I am one... I don't listen to pj like I did when I was a kid, but I was out there in the crowd of people at Indio (not throwing shoes mind you, i did lose a shirt though... "I gotta shirt, a hat, I just need some pants, lets see some balls"), I was buying bootlegs for $25 / 50 a piece in the 90's at indie record stores... when I first started working for pj, I'd even show up still wearing pj shirts... you think it's bad to be the guy wearing the shirt of the band of the concert you are attending... I was the guy wearing the shirt of the band I was working for 
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    nicknyr15 said:
    iO letsgo said:
    scurtis said:
    nicknyr15 said:

ft lauderdale turned out well, I dig that one too... they don't always end up like you see them in your head, so some you are more pleased with how they turn out then others and that one I was pleased with how she turned out. 

as for being amongst the fans... I am one... I don't listen to pj like I did when I was a kid, but I was out there in the crowd of people at Indio (not throwing shoes mind you, i did lose a shirt though... "I gotta shirt, a hat, I just need some pants, lets see some balls"), I was buying bootlegs for $25 / 50 a piece in the 90's at indie record stores... when I first started working for pj, I'd even show up still wearing pj shirts... you think it's bad to be the guy wearing the shirt of the band of the concert you are attending... I was the guy wearing the shirt of the band I was working for 
    Dont feel stupid Brad.  Eddie wears his own shirt lol  ;)
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I hate everyone 
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    iO letsgo said:
    scurtis said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I had an issue during the Bogota AP sale...

Brad was here and helped me "instantly" with my issue!!

Always love hearing insight from the artist and looking forward to getting my London poster up on the wall!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    okay enough of me rambling on, get back to talking about Dan's poster /sale... it's killer. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,838
    Can anyone else confirm that they are allowing unlimited amounts of poster sales per person. Just read on social media that people are walking away with 8 posters each. How does that happen this day and age especially with a company that promotes against flipping...
  • Options
    okay enough of me rambling on, get back to talking about Dan's poster /sale... it's killer. 
    Yes it's another killer poster. His "dark knight" poster that went on sale yesterday is also brilliant. 
  • Options
    NoWay said:
    Brad, you've shown time and again that you are a first class person and stand up guy in addition to being a terrific artist.  I missed the sale today but love the poster and how you interact with all of us.  Thanks for that. 
    aw shucks, thanks NoWay... it's just a token of my openness, of my need to not disappear 

(love that song)

okay, for real now, gots to go mow the lawn and buy a truck load of dirt for a new garden bed.... funny how your priorities change as you get older... I am excited about buying dirt...! 
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Yes it's another killer poster. His "dark knight" poster that went on sale yesterday is also brilliant. 
    love his use of color and lighting

off I go! 
  • Options
    Redrumh2oRedrumh2o Boston, MA Posts: 290
    Brad....your FF Fenway poster is my favorite poster ever created.....so bad ass!
  • Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 308
    EV London is back up on Artillery.
  • Options
    MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    edocon said:
    :-) yes it is - thanks!
  • Options
    Missed it again!!
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,490
    nicknyr15 said:
    Missed it again!!
    Man you having some bad luck, feel for you
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    edocon said:
    Missed again, but I have some important shit happening today.

maybe get it another day.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    PJINFLAPJINFLA Posts: 678
    damn airplane internet. had buy button 3 times today and couldn't add to cart
    4/22/92 St. Petersburg, 8/23/92 Orlando, 3/29/94 St. Petersburg, 10/7/96 Ft. Lauderdale, 9/8/98 East Rutherford, 9/22/98 West Palm Beach, 9/23/98 West Palm Beach, 8/9/00 West Palm Beach, 8/10/00 West Palm Beach, 8/12/00 Tampa, 4/11/03 West Palm Beach, 4/13/03 Tampa, 6/2/03 Irvine, 6/3/03 Irvine, 9/28/04 Boston, 9/29/04 Boston, 9/1/05 George WA, 9/11/05 Kitchener, 9/12/05 London, 9/13/05 Hamilton, 10/03/05 Philadelphia, 5/16/06 Chicago, 5/17/06 Chicago, 6/23/06 Pittsburgh, 6/24/06 Cincinnati, 6/11/08, West Palm Beach, 6/12/08 Tampa, 6/19/08 Camden, 6/20/08 Camden, 8/23/09 Chicago, 8/24/09 Chicago, 10/27/09 Philadelphia, 10/28/09 Philadelphia, 10/30/09 Philadelphia, 10/31/09 Philadelphia, 5/18/10 New Jersey, 5/20/10 New York, 5/21/10 New York, 9/3/11 East Troy, 9/4/11 East Troy, 9/11/11 Toronto, 9/12/11 Toronto, 9/02/12 Philadelphia, 9/21/12 Pensacola, 7/19/13 Chicago, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13 Brooklyn, 11/23/13 LA, 10/24/13 LA, 11/16/13 Oklahoma City, 10/1/14 Cincinnati, 10/20/14 Milwaukee, 10/22/14 Denver, 4/8/16 Ft. Lauderdale, 4/9/16 Miami, 4/11/16 Tampa, 5/1/16 New York, 5/2/16 New York, 8/5/16 Boston, 8/7/16 Boston, 8/20/16 Chicago, 8/22/16 Chicago, 4/07/17 New York, 8/08/18 Seattle, 8/10/18 Seattle, 8/20/18 Chicago
    9/02/18 Boston, 9/04/18 Boston, 9/11/22 New York, 9/16/22 Nashville, 9/22/22 Denver, 8/31/23, St. Paul, 9/2/23 St. Paul, 9/18/23 Austin, 9/19/23 Austin
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    PJINFLA said:
    damn airplane internet. had buy button 3 times today and couldn't add to cart
    Yikes, that's painful.  I never did see that elusive button.

"Born on third, thinks he got a triple."