Options

Is America the greatest country in the world?

Comments

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    Everywhere  sucks
    Not in Aruba it’s always sunny with a breeze and the people are so nice..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

American shelf at my local (cooperativly owned) supermarket in the ”food of the world” section. Only sugary, fat stuff and candy. Hehe. 

I bought a Fanta flavour we don’t have. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Not right now.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719

American shelf at my local (cooperativly owned) supermarket in the ”food of the world” section. Only sugary, fat stuff and candy. Hehe. 

LOL, yeah, all too often too true. 
    But then we do also have places like our local member owned Placerville  Food Co-op:

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499

You should try the beef jerky.  Low in fat and sugar, :)
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,781
    still going with no. in theory the idea might be, in practice it is a big fat fuck no.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    My local supermarket has an American shelf as well. Once in a while I'll buy a box of Twinkies. Then I will feel really bad as I eat them one by one.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    My local supermarket has an American shelf as well. Once in a while I'll buy a box of Twinkies. Then I will feel really bad as I eat them one by one.
    Most Americans feel pretty bad eating twinkies too lol

They used to be much better than they are now too, they get to be less and less like food every few years.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    rgambs said:

They used to be much better than they are now too, they get to be less and less like food every few years.
    Oh come on - they were never anything close to food! The 60’s had even less real food than today. 

Anyone want some Tang?
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

Curious about the Snickers Peanut Butter which we don't have in Sweden... might go buy one tomorrow...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:

Curious about the Snickers Peanut Butter which we don't have in Sweden... might go buy one tomorrow...
    Out of all of the choices of candy I see there, that would probably be what I would get as well, lol
  • Options
    It's kind of the same in reverse here with some ethnic foods.  The Hispanic and Asian food section in supermarkets are OK, but to get the real deal,  you need to go to Hispanic and Asian markets.  Seeing as this is California, we are fortunate to have a Hispanic market it town and excellent Asian markets with 1/2 hour.  There's also  a Cost Plus World Market in Folsom that has all kinds of interesting exotic foods.  Thank God though, no more canned tiger or giraffe meat.  Yeah, they used to sell that stuff at Cost Plus 500 years ago.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    rgambs said:

Oh come on - they were never anything close to food! The 60’s had even less real food than today. 

Anyone want some Tang?
    oh that stuff is vile. but man was it sweet goodness as a kid. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    rgambs said:

Anyone want some Tang?

Spotted at a friend's house over the weekend : 

If this doesn't make us the greatest country in the world, I don't know what does
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:

Anyone want some Tang?

If this doesn't make us the greatest country in the world, I don't know what does
    got some as a kid from the USAF musuem at Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton Oh.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:

Anyone want some Tang?

oh and velcro, cordless tools, the list goes on.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:

Anyone want some Tang?

Swiss engineer, George de Mestral invented Velcro.

Switzerland, the Greatest Country in the World!  :smile:

• Options

• Options
    Just read this last night.  It is very relevant the the stats in your link, Thirty!

"America is the only country that constantly reminds all the others of its greatness, supremacy and awesome military power and professes to be the fairest and freest, while dependably racking up statistics that are extraordinarily unenviable.

If America's the best country, you would think that all other countries would want to be just like us, right?  If all other countries were like America, how many more years do you think the planet would be able to sustain life of any kind?   USA is not only number one, it's the only one." 

-Henry Rollins, Before the Chop IV, page 95.

• Options

• Options
    Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    PJPOWER said:

Im not  big on penut butter but their good. I prefer the Almond Snickers. Looks like Hersheys Cookies and Cream there as well, those are good too. If you want to get the full American experiance, might I suggest the Fluff, eaten with a spoon right out of the jar.

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:
    PJPOWER said:

Im not  big on penut butter but their good. I prefer the Almond Snickers. Looks like Hersheys Cookies and Cream there as well, those are good too. If you want to get the full American experiance, might I suggest the Fluff, eaten with a spoon right out of the jar.
    I bought the Snickers Peanut Butter. Not worth double from what a normal Snickers cost here, but fun trying. Also bought a "Fanta Apple" which we don't have normally.

• Options
    Hi! said:
    PJPOWER said:

I bought the Snickers Peanut Butter. Not worth double from what a normal Snickers cost here, but fun trying. Also bought a "Fanta Apple" which we don't have normally.

Are you saying the Penut Butter kind costs twice as much as the regular Snickers? If so chalk up a point for the USA because their the same price here, lol.
    Pineapple is my favorite Fanta flavor. 

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• Options
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    PJPOWER said:

Are you saying the Penut Butter kind costs twice as much as the regular Snickers? If so chalk up a point for the USA because their the same price here, lol.
    I like lemon.

We have ordinary Snickers sold here. But not the Peanut Butter kind so it was specially imported and therefore more expensive.
  • Options
    Hi! said:
    Hi! said:
    PJPOWER said:

I like lemon.

We have ordinary Snickers sold here. But not the Peanut Butter kind so it was specially imported and therefore more expensive.
    I see.

• Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:
    CM189191 said:
    rgambs said:

Anyone want some Tang?

Swiss engineer, George de Mestral invented Velcro.

Switzerland, the Greatest Country in the World!  :smile:
    Yes, but it took an American Company, 3M, to perfect it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSK3maq8Cyk
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,503
    With president like him??..ofcourse it is..

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    That’s a terrific video 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    With president like him??..ofcourse it is..

Wow. I didn’t know that (just like everybody else who he knows more than).

The US elected themselves a champion! They really did. No wonder they’re such a proud country with such an awesome alpha male representing their core values in such a dignified and knowledgeable way.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
This discussion has been closed.