Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,179
    So the racist Florida guy ended up being a racist - how many more benefits of the doubt for Trumpism? 
    As posted above with the insulting the disabled journalist everyone knew what was on offer very early and America went with it.

Good luck to anyone gambling on November's results (Blue wave or a white robes?).
    sorry, I'm not willing to paint an entire group of people as racist simply because of their association to their leader. he said something that could have been taken more than one way; he ended up being guilty of it (I believe), but that doesn't make everyone else somehow smarter. we all had a 50/50 chance of being correct. 

I give all individuals the benefit of the doubt until they give me reason not to. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    Most racists don't actually think they're racist. They figure 1) everyone else is too sensitive, and 2) that their issues with whoever they're racist towards are completely justified, and that makes whatever hate or bigotry they feel simple common sense and/or the acknowledgement of fact, and therefore not racist. I've seen racists who don't know they're racist work their way around it first hand - it's really fucking frustrating. Now I've never met one of these "non-racist racists" who would claim the N-word isn't racist... I'm not quite sure how that works in their head. I guess they are just going with option #1? It's just a word and everyone is being too sensitive? I would suggest that the racists who actually think that - the ones who are unwilling to acknowledge or incapable of understanding historical context - are probably the dumbest of all the racists.
    another person I work with, a woman in her 50's, is constantly making comments about "those aboriginals" or "all the asians" blah blah blah. She honestly thinks she is not being racist because she believes all of "them" do (insert behaviour). And then I get told to calm down when I call her on it. The passive agressive nature of it always gets me. 
    Yeah, unfortunately my mom is like this, and when I call her on it she says that I just don't get it, lol. My sister is like this too, but worse and more blatant (and I feel like my sister is teaching it to her kids). Still they both have friends who are the ethnicities they are racist about, so figure that one out, lol ... My dad isn't, but he's totally anti-immigrant anyhow, because he doesn't want anything to develop anymore. No more population growth, nothing. He just wants everything to be like it was in the 60s... when he first immigrated here. .... Actually, I take that back. He is apparently xenophobic at least. He recently started babbling about how the government should never have allowed this big Sikh Temple to be built somewhat near his neighborhood (although across a city line from him), and that they should have been forced to build it in some small town in the middle of nowhere so that all the Sikhs wouldn't have flocked to the area. And somehow they all caused the affordability crisis, lol .... I accused him of being racist, he denied it, and I asked him if he would have the same weirdo fascist idea if it were an Anglican Church that attracted a bunch of white people from the UK, and he said, "Well, that depends. It would be okay if they're the posh types."
    ... That was a fucking fun conversation. My family can be difficult, lol.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    So the racist Florida guy ended up being a racist - how many more benefits of the doubt for Trumpism? 
    As posted above with the insulting the disabled journalist everyone knew what was on offer very early and America went with it.

Good luck to anyone gambling on November's results (Blue wave or a white robes?).
    sorry, I'm not willing to paint an entire group of people as racist simply because of their association to their leader. he said something that could have been taken more than one way; he ended up being guilty of it (I believe), but that doesn't make everyone else somehow smarter. we all had a 50/50 chance of being correct. 

I give all individuals the benefit of the doubt until they give me reason not to. 
    Well I have no issue with giving people the benefit of the doubt - as a Florida Republican the guy could easily just be dumb!
    And I hope that all of society can think the best in people and not jump to attack over small things like odd word usage.
    But I am sorry any Pro-Trump person is now tainted with his evil hatred, and lets be honest it is kinda all he has left to keep any support. 
    Policy ain't that boys strong point.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,179
    edited August 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Most racists don't actually think they're racist. They figure 1) everyone else is too sensitive, and 2) that their issues with whoever they're racist towards are completely justified, and that makes whatever hate or bigotry they feel simple common sense and/or the acknowledgement of fact, and therefore not racist. I've seen racists who don't know they're racist work their way around it first hand - it's really fucking frustrating. Now I've never met one of these "non-racist racists" who would claim the N-word isn't racist... I'm not quite sure how that works in their head. I guess they are just going with option #1? It's just a word and everyone is being too sensitive? I would suggest that the racists who actually think that - the ones who are unwilling to acknowledge or incapable of understanding historical context - are probably the dumbest of all the racists.
    another person I work with, a woman in her 50's, is constantly making comments about "those aboriginals" or "all the asians" blah blah blah. She honestly thinks she is not being racist because she believes all of "them" do (insert behaviour). And then I get told to calm down when I call her on it. The passive agressive nature of it always gets me. 
    Yeah, unfortunately my mom is like this, and when I call her on it she says that I just don't get it, lol. My sister is like this too, but worse and more blatant (and I feel like my sister is teaching it to her kids) ... My dad isn't, but he's totally anti-immigrant anyhow, because he doesn't want anything to develop anymore. No more population growth, nothing. He just wants everything to be like it was in the 60s... when he first immigrated here. .... Actually, I take that back. He is apparently xenophobic at least. He recently started babbling about how the government should never have allowed this big Sikh Temple to be built somewhat near his neighborhood (although across a city line from him), and that they should have been forced to build it in some small town in the middle of nowhere so that all the Sikhs wouldn't have flocked to the area. And somehow they all caused the affordability crisis, lol .... I accused him of being racist, he denied it, and I asked him if he would have the same weirdo fascist idea if it were an Anglican Church that attracted a bunch of white people from the UK, and he said, "Well, that depends. It would be okay if they're the posh types."
    "the posh types". :lol:
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, unfortunately my mom is like this, and when I call her on it she says that I just don't get it, lol. My sister is like this too, but worse and more blatant (and I feel like my sister is teaching it to her kids) ... My dad isn't, but he's totally anti-immigrant anyhow, because he doesn't want anything to develop anymore. No more population growth, nothing. He just wants everything to be like it was in the 60s... when he first immigrated here. .... Actually, I take that back. He is apparently xenophobic at least. He recently started babbling about how the government should never have allowed this big Sikh Temple to be built somewhat near his neighborhood (although across a city line from him), and that they should have been forced to build it in some small town in the middle of nowhere so that all the Sikhs wouldn't have flocked to the area. And somehow they all caused the affordability crisis, lol .... I accused him of being racist, he denied it, and I asked him if he would have the same weirdo fascist idea if it were an Anglican Church that attracted a bunch of white people from the UK, and he said, "Well, that depends. It would be okay if they're the posh types."
    "the posh types". :lol:
    I know, I think my jaw hit the floor when he said that - All of a sudden he became a serious elitist too - it really took me by surprise. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,018
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Yeah, unfortunately my mom is like this, and when I call her on it she says that I just don't get it, lol. My sister is like this too, but worse and more blatant (and I feel like my sister is teaching it to her kids). Still they both have friends who are the ethnicities they are racist about, so figure that one out, lol ... My dad isn't, but he's totally anti-immigrant anyhow, because he doesn't want anything to develop anymore. No more population growth, nothing. He just wants everything to be like it was in the 60s... when he first immigrated here. .... Actually, I take that back. He is apparently xenophobic at least. He recently started babbling about how the government should never have allowed this big Sikh Temple to be built somewhat near his neighborhood (although across a city line from him), and that they should have been forced to build it in some small town in the middle of nowhere so that all the Sikhs wouldn't have flocked to the area. And somehow they all caused the affordability crisis, lol .... I accused him of being racist, he denied it, and I asked him if he would have the same weirdo fascist idea if it were an Anglican Church that attracted a bunch of white people from the UK, and he said, "Well, that depends. It would be okay if they're the posh types."
    ...Was the mailman a liberal by any chance? 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ...Was the mailman a liberal by any chance? 
    I'm not sure, but here's a photo of him:

:tongue:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,492
    Trump cancels pay raises for almost 2 million federal workers - POLITICO https://apple.news/AQ7fdJNaBRsCqvBulpuCwUg
    lol I’m glad those ICE employees are getting the shaft ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,561
    Gee, this doesn’t sound good for the president:

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^
    So more people are paying attention now that there are trials happening and there are indictments and guilty pleas flying around.

Imagine what these numbers will look like once Mueller’s investigation is complete and we know everything. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    UH OH

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,051
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

County GOP official called NFL players who kneel ‘baboons’

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/404501-local-gop-official-called-nfl-players-who-kneel-baboons

“Tired of these over paid ignorant blacks telling me what I should believe in. I will tell you what I believe in and that is our Flag the National Anthem and America period end of story,” Maloney wrote. “You don’t like it here go to Africa see how you like it there. We are all Americans not African American not Hispanic American. WE ARE ALL AMERICAN.”

YO.

Now that's racist.  Shit does roll downhill. 
  • Options
    Tiki said:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/404501-local-gop-official-called-nfl-players-who-kneel-baboons

“Tired of these over paid ignorant blacks telling me what I should believe in. I will tell you what I believe in and that is our Flag the National Anthem and America period end of story,” Maloney wrote. “You don’t like it here go to Africa see how you like it there. We are all Americans not African American not Hispanic American. WE ARE ALL AMERICAN.”

YO.

Yup. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,605
    Tiki said:8

YO.

Extreme white supremacist type of racist.

Don't forget there are plenty of people in this country, and a few on thise site, who agree with the racist sentiment.
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 37,029
    Tiki said:

YO.

Slip of the tongue.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    UH OH

Polls don’t matter.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,198
    Tiki said:

YO.

Ummmmm.... wow. We are all Americans is correct but not in the way he is using it. Euro-American, African Americans...no matter where you come from, if a citizen you are an American and we should treat each other better.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    He is a She.

The Republican Committee of Beaver County’s (RCBC) secretary, Carla Maloney, wrote the posts last year that were reported by the county's newspaper The Times on Thursday.

Maloney took to her personal Facebook page, under the name Carla Belich Fueller, to vent her frustration about NFL players kneeling during the national anthem to protest racial injustice.

• Options
    I've seen her on the Van Jones Show on CNN.

• Options
    Tiki said:
    He is a She.

The Republican Committee of Beaver County’s (RCBC) secretary, Carla Maloney, wrote the posts last year that were reported by the county's newspaper The Times on Thursday.

Maloney took to her personal Facebook page, under the name Carla Belich Fueller, to vent her frustration about NFL players kneeling during the national anthem to protest racial injustice.

Because NFL players kneeling for the anthem is the most pressing issue facing her community and nation. There’s nothing more important.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,198
    Tiki said:
    He is a She.

Hahahaha showed my owner internal bias as I just assumed this racist was a white dude. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Maloney then complained about “reverse racism” in America and said she was “sick of the name calling, rioting, shooting, and looting.” She predicted a civil war “soon than later.”
  • Options
    POS
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited August 2018
    Tiki said:
    This alone should have sunk him.
    Trump is a fucking loser, and so is anybody else that picks on people with special needs. 
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,492
    my2hands said:
    Tiki said:
    This alone should have sunk him.
    Trump is a fucking loser, and so is anybody else that picks on people with special needs. 
    The three D's , Disgusting Despicable Dick !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Hey government employees! Happy Labor Day! Now go fuck yourself for expecting a raise after I passed the biggest tax break in the history of the world.

Have some cake,

Team Trump Treason

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,523
    Hey government employees! Happy Labor Day! Now go fuck yourself for expecting a raise after I passed the biggest tax break in the history of the world.

Have some cake,

Team Trump Treason
    And gave 12 billion to farmers because of his cock up
  • Options

How does this work, exactly? You're going to rebut something that hasn't even been released yet? You somehow have the answers to the exam? I mean, who ever thought you'd have the CFO of Team Trump Treason cop a plea? Or the National Enquirer giving up the goods? Or how about the Cambridge Analytica Ukraine lobbyist who funneled money to the Team Trump Treason pomp and circumstance on behalf of a banned donor (by law, not because they smelled like borscht and vodka). Oh, I get it! Ghouliani has moved into the 5th dimension! Playing 5 dimensional chess! By golly, that's slick. Rebutting something that you don't even know the contents of. Unless you do. Suckers.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/giuliani-preps-report-to-rebut-potential-mueller-findings/ar-BBMIyQF?ocid=iehp

Brilliantati©
This discussion has been closed.