Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    I didn't think there could be a worse president than W. I was wrong.

When I think of Rage Against the Machine (in 1999) or even The Simpsons (in 2000) forecasting a Trump presidential victory when depicting 'worst case scenarios' for the US as it hits rock bottom... and then consider the reality... I'm still blown away.

I'll never be able to get over a country electing such a charlatan. Even the most devout republicans with any kind of moral compass should have voted democrat- sending a message to the GOP: give us a legitimate candidate... not some corrupt f**king idiot to be ashamed of.
    W has to be the worst president ever ... started 2 bullshit wars ... unimaginable amount dead, wounded, suffering people ... the destruction of Iraq.  The Middle East was bad before W, now it a total disaster...
    Actually... I tend to agree with this (although there is a lot of time remaining for the current dipshit).

W's calamity of a presidency is still resulting in world chaos.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    https://m.mic.com/articles/amp/189358/the-white-house-seems-more-upset-about-leak-than-aides-joke-about-john-mccain-dying
    This administration is at the very bottom of the barrel in every aspect they are all vile humans starting with orange bafoon , can some one name one honorable cabinet member !
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,678
    https://m.mic.com/articles/amp/189358/the-white-house-seems-more-upset-about-leak-than-aides-joke-about-john-mccain-dying
    This administration is at the very bottom of the barrel in every aspect they are all vile humans starting with orange bafoon , can some one name one honorable cabinet member !
     Elaine motherfucking Chao  (drops mic)..
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    It's an honest, crying shame that the current president never learned the power and strength of an apology....and he's now teaching that to the kids of the nation. We have to teach them that he's wrong. Have a great week, everyone.
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
     The Jerusalem issue is so foolish. It's like he is going for a 2fer in the Middle East,  with Iran and this back to back.  He's unnecessarily inflaming tensions.  And I'm very disappointed,  but not surprised by Schumer. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,914
    mrussel1 said:
     The Jerusalem issue is so foolish. It's like he is going for a 2fer in the Middle East,  with Iran and this back to back.  He's unnecessarily inflaming tensions.  And I'm very disappointed,  but not surprised by Schumer. 
    Schumer flip flopping on the Iran deal made my head spin but I am not surprised.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548

They need to install lockers in the halls of the White House because it sounds like one big high school filled with backstabbing and gossip.  "Did you hear the General Kelly called Trump an idiot?  Yeah, but did you hear so and so make a bad joke about McCain?"

Does it deserve three days in the news cycle?  Yes, the White House is full of deplorables, but should the media report on this story for three days, or should it focus more time on Iran, Israel, North Korea, China, the Wall, Russia, wage gap, other domestic issues that aren't essentially gossip and actually matter?    Let's face it, the media loves Trump and is complicit in allowing these distractions.    I know that politicians are partisan and say bad things about each other.  It is unfortunate, but that is not news to me. 

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829

They need to install lockers in the halls of the White House because it sounds like one big high school filled with backstabbing and gossip.  "Did you hear the General Kelly called Trump an idiot?  Yeah, but did you hear so and so make a bad joke about McCain?"

Does it deserve three days in the news cycle?  Yes, the White House is full of deplorables, but should the media report on this story for three days, or should it focus more time on Iran, Israel, North Korea, China, the Wall, Russia, wage gap, other domestic issues that aren't essentially gossip and actually matter?    Let's face it, the media loves Trump and is complicit in allowing these distractions.    I know that politicians are partisan and say bad things about each other.  It is unfortunate, but that is not news to me. 

The White House is a chaotic circus full of unprofessional behavior with a leader that's in over his head.  It's the most important thing going on in this country right now.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,548
    OnWis97 said:

The White House is a chaotic circus full of unprofessional behavior with a leader that's in over his head.  It's the most important thing going on in this country right now.
    If every politician or staffer that made a terrible, insulting comment was fired, there would be no one in Washington.  Certainly Trump is unstable but some of these stories should be left to page 3.
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    OnWis97 said:

Hasn't it been like this since 1776? lol
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,612
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

No, it hasn't been like this.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

Are you sure about this?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

Are you sure about this?
    Yes. That doesn't mean shit hasn't happened in past cabinets/White Houses, but nothing like what's going on under Trump is normal compared to past presidencies since 1776. 
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

Are you sure about this?
    Yes. That doesn't mean shit hasn't happened in past cabinets/White Houses, but nothing like what's going on under Trump is normal compared to past presidencies since 1776. 
    Shit hasn't happened in past cabinets?...that's an understatement in 1945 the US dropped atomic bombs on Japan murdering thousands of People...lets not forget incidents like Wounded Knee for example...don't get me wrong I don't like Trump but seriously...
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

Seems like a profoundly stupid question, but to give you the benefit of the doubt, what leads you to believe that every single U.S. administration has been unprofessional and in way over their heads? 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

Seems like a profoundly stupid question, but to give you the benefit of the doubt, what leads you to believe that every single U.S. administration has been unprofessional and in way over their heads? 
    No more profoundly than your stupid reply...
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,829
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

Are you sure about this?
    Shit hasn't happened in past cabinets?...that's an understatement in 1945 the US dropped atomic bombs on Japan murdering thousands of People...lets not forget incidents like Wounded Knee for example...don't get me wrong I don't like Trump but seriously...
    I suspect you and the other posters here are talking a lot cross purposes when using the not so specific term “shit”. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

Are you sure about this?
    Huh? You are talking about an entirely different thing I think. Here people are talking about the actual internal chaos happening day to day inside the White House among the actual cabinet members, like all the firings and resignations, people literally running up and down hallways freaking out, leaks, arguments, bizarre clearings of entire important departments, insane cabinet picks that include white nationalist supporters, completely unqualified people, etc, etc. You seem to just be talking about major events in history connected to the US government. These are two totally different topics.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

Are you sure about this?
    None of that is relevant to the specific issue being discussed.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    The absence of empathy by this administration starts from the top and is tacitly endorsed by his silence and the defense by Sanders.  They are seeking to turn the McCain thing into a leak discussion rather than the repulsive mindset. 
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    rgambs said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

Are you sure about this?
    Point taken...but if you could of been " "bothered" " reading previous posts this was in a reply to a previous post...
  • Options
    i_lov_it said:
    rgambs said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

Are you sure about this?
    Point taken...but if you could of been "" "bothered" " reading previous posts this was in a reply to a previous post...
    :confused:
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    rgambs said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

Are you sure about this?

rgambs said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

Are you sure about this?
    Also I might add what has ***THIS*** post got to do with the issue being Discussed???...Hmmmmmmm?????
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,829
    OnWis97 said:

If every politician or staffer that made a terrible, insulting comment was fired, there would be no one in Washington.  Certainly Trump is unstable but some of these stories should be left to page 3.
    I'm feeling a "picking on Trump" vibe here...

So what's the difference?  More leakers here?  The  media ignoring the same exact things said by previous administrations?  I'm sure that the AM radio hacks wouldn't be all over some leak about someone from Obama's administration saying stuff like this.  It strikes me that this is worse and there is more of it.  Either that or there's more leaking because morale is taking a beating in the White House.  And all of these other things are being covered as well.  But from the media's perspective, why not report things like this being said?  Reporting on the important stuff is dismissed as "fake."   When the president, the only party of significance, and a third of the people dismiss almost all honest coverage of important issues as "fake news" maybe this is how the media replies.  I don't actually know that this is what's going on, but given the state of media these days, getting more "sensational" would hardly come as a surprise.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    rgambs said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

Are you sure about this?
    Hows this relevant to Donald Trump???...Hmmmmmm????
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    rgambs said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    i_lov_it said:
    OnWis97 said:

Are you sure about this?
    Come on ***rgambs***...HOW is this relevant???...let's see YOUR argument???...hmmmmmmm??????
    Post edited by i_lov_it on
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    Oh goodie, is it time to turn this in to the America is evil thread again? I thought that was just for the Syria and Iran threads. I'm glad that Australia has never had a shit bird leader like the US. Unfortunately none of us here can change the acts of the past, but we can continue to fight against them happening again. The world survived a few years before America existed and will do so after.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Oh goodie, is it time to turn this in to the America is evil thread again? I thought that was just for the Syria and Iran threads. I'm glad that Australia has never had a shit bird leader like the US. Unfortunately none of us here can change the acts of the past, but we can continue to fight against them happening again. The world survived a few years before America existed and will do so after.
    I'm Australian and I don't the Australian Politicians either lol
  • Options
    I wonder how many Australian boys were saved by not having to participate in a land invasion oh the Japanese mainland. ..
This discussion has been closed.