Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,120
    Smellyman said:
    So now everyone is going to be talking about Trumps weight and height.....he or whoever is handling this is brilliant.  Able to change the discussion every day....multiple times a day.  It's a good thing they messed up with the russia thing and ignoring intel and denying everything....that's the thing that may finally bring him down.  Focusing on 6'2" vs 6'3" is not going to do that.
    yes, us on the message board should be focusing our mental energy on Mueller.

Focus people!
    Yes cause this is the only place talking about it. Man I hate people.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,835
    Smellyman said:
    So now everyone is going to be talking about Trumps weight and height.....he or whoever is handling this is brilliant.  Able to change the discussion every day....multiple times a day.  It's a good thing they messed up with the russia thing and ignoring intel and denying everything....that's the thing that may finally bring him down.  Focusing on 6'2" vs 6'3" is not going to do that.

Focus people!
    do you think the media would be talking about this so much if it was back in the 80's where there was two 1-hour news shows a night? in a 24 hour news cycle as it is now, there's so much time they have to fill. of course they're going to focus somewhat on the nonsense. 

the stuff I've encountered on social media is not outrage over his weight, or any distraction. they are laughing at him and the absurdity of it all. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,984
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Smellyman said:

Focus people!
    do you think the media would be talking about this so much if it was back in the 80's where there was two 1-hour news shows a night? in a 24 hour news cycle as it is now, there's so much time they have to fill. of course they're going to focus somewhat on the nonsense. 

the stuff I've encountered on social media is not outrage over his weight, or any distraction. they are laughing at him and the absurdity of it all. 
    Exactly....it's not the weight...it's the fucking lies, every fucking day is worse than the previous day

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    edited January 2018
    it gives another glimpse into a childish and fragile ego that could turn very poorly in the event of something like a nuclear standoff.  it also discredits the statement that there was a checkup and his cognitive abilities are perfect.  

if your entire political existence is based on calling everyone liars and fake news... you had better present a pretty immaculate record of truths. lie multiple times a day... people are going to call thst out.  its an administration built on "everyone else is lying" 

can anyone imagine the blowback if obama or bush provided measurable lies on a chronic basis?  it would be unsustainable.  quayle got roasted for mis-spelling potato or something...  this crap is becoming normalized and we are on the slope to trump claiming to get hole-in-ones for an entire 18 holes
    Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    it gives another glimpse into a childish and fragile ego that could turn very poorly in the event of something like a nuclear standoff.  it also discredits the statement that there was a checkup and his cognitive abilities are perfect.  

if your entire political existence is based on calling everyone liars and fake news... you had better present a pretty immaculate record of truths. lie multiple times a day... people are going to call thst out.  its an administration built on "everyone else is lying" 

can anyone imagine the blowback if obama or bush provided measurable lies on a chronic basis?  it would be unsustainable.  quayle got roasted for mis-spelling potato or something...  this crap is becoming normalized and we are on the slope to trump claiming to get hole-in-ones for an entire 18 holes
    Yeah it's unreal.  Gives you an idea of the power of alternative news.  When their guy is in power the deplorables just don't give a shit what happens.  Things that would have them burning down DC if Obama was in office have no effect when tRump is there.

I really think the Dems need to go nuclear.  This situation is odd.  Even today tRump was tweeting about going to PA to campaign and the White House says he isn't going to PA to campaign.  

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    It's ironic and more than sad that the voters who sent trump to Washington to make the government work better, have actually made it more dysfunctional. That's what they accomplished with their votes, 3 million less than he says he got. It's a joke that trump can blame a government shut-down on the Democrats when they aren't in charge of anything. It's been the Republican show for a year now and things are worse. They own it.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,566
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    I assume nobody cares if Trump has some extra weight, but if his doctor is lying about his weight? I actually think it's possible he does only weight 240. I don't know why people are suddenly acting like the man is morbidly obese. He is not. If he has no muscle mass to speak of then I think that weight is possible at his height. He's not that fat (despite what the altered photos say, lol).
    he's not 6'3, though. he's 6'1 at best. I am the same height, my actual weight is more than his reported weight, not much muscle, and Trump is fatter than i am. you'll just have to trust me on this. 
    I saw that he's 6'2" for ages and ages and that is reportedly what his driver's license has always said, and suddenly everyone says he claims to be 6'3", so I don't know wtf that's about. I feel like people are changing info to make it all seem worse than it is.
    I'm pretty sure I understand issues of body weight vs height vs fat vs muscle at least as well as anyone else. I think him being 240lbs is completely possible and that people are being a little bit ridiculous about this issue in general. Some people weigh more or less than others, however they may look. Water weight comes into play, bone density, etc etc.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Smellyman said:

Focus people!

that's true
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    rgambs said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I assume nobody cares if Trump has some extra weight, but if his doctor is lying about his weight? I actually think it's possible he does only weight 240. I don't know why people are suddenly acting like the man is morbidly obese. He is not. If he has no muscle mass to speak of then I think that weight is possible at his height. He's not that fat (despite what the altered photos say, lol).
    Yeah I don't really care about the weight...I care about the lying.  There are tons of pictures of him standing next to Obama...Obama was 6'1"

They are likely lying about both his height and weight
    Yeah, but fat isn't actually very heavy. I assume Trump has no muscle tone to speak of, so I think it's possible that he really is only 240 (no idea about his height - maybe he shrank from old age and didn't bother measuring him again. Or maybe Obama's soles were thicker that day, you know?). I mean, that's still what? 50 or 60 lbs overweight? I don't think he looks more than 50 or 60 lbs overweight. That seems just about right to me.
    I'm more interested in the cognitive health report. Did you guys see what that "test" is? It's like "what animal is this in the picture?" questions. :lol: To deem someone mentally fit to be POTUS with that seems pretty ludicrous to me. Completely insane people can pass shit like that, lol.
    There are pictures of him next to all sorts of people who are 6'3 or less and he's shorter than them all.  I'm with Hugh on the weight too, it's no coincidence that his BMI calculates out to be 29.9 when 30 is clinically obese.

I don't care that he is an obese man, he's an old man and his size isn't relevant to his leadership.
    His petty lies about crowd size, vote totals, and his body size, along with crude remarks about button size, his hands, and everything else... I care.  It speaks to his mental state, which is pathetic.
    Yeah, again, he's always been 6'2" and now suddenly he's supposed to be 6'3". I can believe he has always been 6'2", and perhaps he's a little shorter now because people shrink when they age.
    As for 30 BMI and being "clinically obese"... oh man, the BMI is just a load of bullshit anyhow. As for the declared BMI being just under obese.... maybe that is by design, and maybe the guy's BMI is just under 30. It's not like it being just under 30 is impossible.
    At the end of the day... Trump seems to be in fine shape for his age, and not amazingly overweight at all. Yes, if the WH doc is lying that is problematic, but isn't that really the least of all the problems, if they decided to fudge his BMI by a point or two? TBH, if my BMI were advertised to the world and it was high, I'd want to lie about it too.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

You know I've thought that that comparison (the hole in one) a lot lately.  It does feel like we are headed in that same crazy direction.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Kat said:
    It's ironic and more than sad that the voters who sent trump to Washington to make the government work better, have actually made it more dysfunctional. That's what they accomplished with their votes, 3 million less than he says he got. It's a joke that trump can blame a government shut-down on the Democrats when they aren't in charge of anything. It's been the Republican show for a year now and things are worse. They own it.

Yeah but his supporters don't want government to function in the way it was.  So they are all giddy about it.  And yes, the republicans have complete power and ownership of any government shutdown.

Personally I wanted big change with how government operates...but not this change. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Kat said:

Yeah but his supporters don't want government to function in the way it was.  So they are all giddy about it.  And yes, the republicans have complete power and ownership of any government shutdown.

Personally I wanted big change with how government operates...but not this change. ;)
    They are giddy about it until it directly affects them.  Like they are anti-gay until they find out someone they care about is gay.

• Options

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    "I this, I that"?????
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?
  • Options
    "I this, I that"?????
    You really don't know?

I mean, of course it means he doesn't do anything so he couldn't state examples..
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    He golfs....we all know that...so he gets plenty of exercise ;)

I'm betting he wanted to mention golf and knew it would be another shitstorm on the 24 hour media circuit.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    he's not 6'3, though. he's 6'1 at best. I am the same height, my actual weight is more than his reported weight, not much muscle, and Trump is fatter than i am. you'll just have to trust me on this. 
    I saw that he's 6'2" for ages and ages and that is reportedly what his driver's license has always said, and suddenly everyone says he claims to be 6'3", so I don't know wtf that's about. I feel like people are changing info to make it all seem worse than it is.
    I'm pretty sure I understand issues of body weight vs height vs fat vs muscle at least as well as anyone else. I think him being 240lbs is completely possible and that people are being a little bit ridiculous about this issue in general. Some people weight more or less than others, however they may look. Water weight comes into play, bone density, etc etc.
    bone density does not come into play. that's a myth. bone density is actually directly linked to your body weight. bone density makes up about 15% of a person's body weight, no matter their size, which obviously means the fatter you are, the higher your bone density. bone density is caused by weight, not the other way around. 

regardless, you're focusing on the wrong thing. it has nothing to do with how fat the guy is. it's that he's lying about it. it's pretty obvious to everyone else that he is grossly under-reporting his weight, because of his pettiness and how he wants everyone to view him. it's not hate for trump. yes, some people carry weight differently, but looking at him, there's no fucking way he's 239. not a chance. we're not talking 5-10 pounds here. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2018
    I agree that this topic is crazily overblown, and yes, it's acting as a wonderful distraction as cincy said.... which is in and of itself a topic worthy of discussion IMO. I think the behaviour of the voting public at large and how they are deciphering information and paying attention to is the second most important thing, after what the administration actually gets done, or doesn't get done. Or, perhaps it's not that important, but I personally find it endlessly fascinating. People are so fucked up, lol, especially these days.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options

I'm betting he wanted to mention golf and knew it would be another shitstorm on the 24 hour media circuit.
    He drives his golf cart on greens....he walks as little as possible

• Options

He drives his golf cart on greens....he walks as little as possible
    But he takes 3 more practice swings then anybody else....look at all that exercise he is getting in!  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    "I this, I that"?????
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6kRqnfsBEc

• Options
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    I agree that this topic is crazily overblown, and yes, it's acting as a wonderful distraction as cincy said.... which is in and of itself a topic worthy of discussion IMO. I think the behaviour of the voting public at large and how they are deciphering information and paying attention to is the second most important thing, after what the administration actually gets done, or doesn't get done. Or, perhaps it's not that important, but I personally find it endlessly fascinating. People are so fucked up, lol, especially these days.
    I think you are underestimating the general public, and I can understand that, given how we got into this mess. But I have a theory that people are actually able to divide this into two Trumps; the serious nature of his policies and actions/inactions, and the circus, which seems to be our new reality show. it's politics and entertainment all rolled up into one for the second time in history (the first being Clinton's impeachment). But this one is on a much crazier level. 

his nonsense hasn't distracted me one iota from the issues at hand (government shutdown, DACA, the wall, his disastrous foreign policy), and I'm far from the smartest guy in the room. the people who have been legitimately distracted by this are the ones who voted for him in the first place, or people who don't really give two shits about politics and enjoy talking about this by the water cooler. no one with a real concern gives a shit about him calling foreign countries shitholes. we are constantly inundated from, as I pointed out before, the 24 hour news cycle of CNN reporting about "shithole countries" for a full two days, having panelists on expressing their outrage about it, etc, giving the illusion that people give a shit, when it's the network just selling drama for ratings and filling up time. it's also a way for democrats to further their agenda that he is racist. 

but most of the democratic lawmakers I have seen interviewed over the past two days have been visibly frustrated over the constant questions about "shithole countries". They want to enact policy, and the media's focus on this is hindering their message. Durbin probably should have just kept his mouth shut and maybe we'd have a new immigration policy in place by now. 
    Post edited by Kat on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    "I this, I that"?????
    it means he runs to the bathroom after taco bell. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,648
    "I this, I that"?????
    it means he runs to the bathroom after taco bell. 
    That’s the I shit, I shat workout. 
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think you are underestimating the general public, and I can understand that, given how we got into this mess. But I have a theory that people are actually able to divide this into two Trumps; the serious nature of his policies and actions/inactions, and the circus, which seems to be our new reality show. it's politics and entertainment all rolled up into one for the second time in history (the first being Clinton's impeachment). But this one is on a much crazier level. 

his nonsense hasn't distracted me one iota from the issues at hand (government shutdown, DACA, the wall, his disastrous foreign policy), and I'm far from the smartest guy in the room. the people who have been legitimately distracted by this are the ones who voted for him in the first place, or people who don't really give two shits about politics and enjoy talking about this by the water cooler. no one with a real concern gives a shit about him calling foreign countries shitholes. we are constantly inundated from, as I pointed out before, the 24 hour news cycle of CNN reporting about "shithole countries" for a full two days, having panelists on expressing their outrage about it, etc, giving the illusion that people give a shit, when it's the network just selling drama for ratings and filling up time. it's also a way for democrats to further their agenda that he is racist. 

but most of the democratic lawmakers I have seen interviewed over the past two days have been visibly frustrated over the constant questions about "shithole countries". They want to enact policy, and the media's focus on this is hindering their message. Durbin probably should have just kept his mouth shut and maybe we'd have a new immigration policy in place by now. 
    Maybe you're right. I dunno. I agree, I'm able to pay attention to several things at one time, and I know many others can too.... the question is, are they?? I actually feel confident that a lot of perfectly intelligent people would be WAY more able to list a bunch of things like Trump's BMI and his insane ramblings and and just vague big issues like DACA and all that than they would be able to list the specific real life shit that has happened because of him since he entered office.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Options
    "I this, I that"?????
    He thrusts his hips into a Storm?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm pretty sure I understand issues of body weight vs height vs fat vs muscle at least as well as anyone else. I think him being 240lbs is completely possible and that people are being a little bit ridiculous about this issue in general. Some people weigh more or less than others, however they may look. Water weight comes into play, bone density, etc etc.
    You provide the height for your driver's license.  They dont have a measuring device or anything in the DMV
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,658
    This is considered a "feature" in Trump world...not a negative.  
This discussion has been closed.