Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,936
    Latest tweet from President Trump folks (in bold is the tweet from President Trump)
    Unless the Republican Senators are total quitters, Repeal & Replace is not dead! Demand another vote before voting on any other bill!  I love reading about all of the "geniuses" who were so instrumental in my election success. Problem is, most don't exist. #Fake News! MAGA.  I am very disappointed in China. Our foolish past leaders have allowed them to make hundreds of billions of dollars a year in trade, yet they do NOTHING for us with North Korea, just talk. We will no longer allow this to continue. China could easily solve this problem!

He is completely right about China being able to fix the problem.  Mel was wrong.  Russia and China are the reason for the world's wars.
    Russia, China, and... and...
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,633
    brianlux said:
    Latest tweet from President Trump folks (in bold is the tweet from President Trump)
    Unless the Republican Senators are total quitters, Repeal & Replace is not dead! Demand another vote before voting on any other bill!  I love reading about all of the "geniuses" who were so instrumental in my election success. Problem is, most don't exist. #Fake News! MAGA.  I am very disappointed in China. Our foolish past leaders have allowed them to make hundreds of billions of dollars a year in trade, yet they do NOTHING for us with North Korea, just talk. We will no longer allow this to continue. China could easily solve this problem!

He is completely right about China being able to fix the problem.  Mel was wrong.  Russia and China are the reason for the world's wars.
    Will you ever give Luxembourg a break, Brian?  Come on....
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    The US has gone to war, but  the point is China can control North Korea and chooses not to.  So many innocent people in NK live in horrible, horrible conditions because of China's use of NK as one of its military arms.   Russia props up Syria and Iran while trying to destabilize Europe.  I still think that deep down the USA would want to use its weight to make the world better, but China and Russia have zero interest in that and the USA can't fix the world on its own.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,622
    The defense contractors would hate that
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    brianlux said:

Obama?
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    USA is currently the world's largest weapons dealer and has been for quite some time

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,271

oh bullshit. the war in iraq was ALL united states starting it. that was a war of choice that we chose to start.
    world war 1 was not started by russia or china.
    world war 2 was started by germany, italy and japan. russia had a non-aggression pact with germany, which hitler promptly broke.

if trump wants to take on a country that has about 1/6th of the world's population let him. that is his folly. our generals will stop him if it gets to that point. 

also, it is not china's responsibility to protect american interests. it is america's responsibility to do so. if i am china, i am going to sit back and let trump criticize me and make himself look like a fucking fool, while the adults in the rest of the world discuss solutions and discuss going around trump and the american people to achieve those solutions.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Will you ever give Luxembourg a break, Brian?  Come on....
    :rofl:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options

oh bullshit. the war in iraq was ALL united states starting it. that was a war of choice that we chose to start.
    world war 2 was started by germany, italy and japan. russia had a non-aggression pact with germany, which hitler promptly broke.

if trump wants to take on a country that has about 1/6th of the world's population let him. that is his folly. our generals will stop him if it gets to that point. 

also, it is not china's responsibility to protect american interests. it is america's responsibility to do so. if i am china, i am going to sit back and let trump criticize me and make himself look like a fucking fool, while the adults in the rest of the world discuss solutions and discuss going around trump and the american people to achieve those solutions.
    This, in our time, for sure!

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    Threatening China?  Stupid.  

Don't be DISTRACTED.
    #magaisformorons
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options

Those solutions include propping up NK to kill its own people and propping up Assad to kill his own people?  You act like China and Russia are trying to solve problems.   

What I am arguing for is a resolution of Syria and North Korea's issues without having to go to war.    
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,025
    edited July 2017
    You got the wrong captain at the helm if you're expecting results or resolution.  As shown over the past 6 months, he's PF stupid and has surrounded himself with a bunch of yesmen.  Not a good combo.

PTAPE
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,972

Those solutions include propping up NK to kill its own people and propping up Assad to kill his own people?  You act like China and Russia are trying to solve problems.   

What I am arguing for is a resolution of Syria and North Korea's issues without having to go to war.    
    It's called diplomacy, something trump doesn't have a clue about. He views everything through the lens of a real estate transaction. The issues you raise are not a real estate deal for condos.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

It's called diplomacy, something trump doesn't have a clue about. He views everything through the lens of a real estate transaction. The issues you raise are not a real estate deal for condos.
    I am only speaking about Russia and China preventing true progress from being made.
  • Options

I am only speaking about Russia and China preventing true progress from being made.
    China and Russia won't do it by being bullied. Russia will get what it wants because of a PTAPE. China has no incentive to help the US. Russia as well. It takes diplomacy, not bluster that you can't back.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    ^^^
    Bluster you can't back = PTAPE

• Options
    ^^^
    Bluster you can't back = PTAPE

Bluster I can't back up has no far reaching consequences other than to crush Trump's ego and expose him for the lewd Pig he is and ridicule whereas Trump's bluster has far reaching consequences of epic proportions, particularly of international affairs that he knows nothing about. But I'm really glad you have your priorities straight.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,424
    Trump thinks the Senate should go to 51 votes instead of 60.

So, what you're saying, Donnie, is that the popular vote should win??
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762

Also, he's a confused dumbass. The rules the Senate used for the health care vote only required a simply majority. He got 48 votes. That's why it didn't pass.

It takes 60 votes to break a filibuster, but that wasn't an issue here. 
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options

Also, he's a confused dumbass. The rules the Senate used for the health care vote only required a simply majority. He got 48 votes. That's why it didn't pass.

It takes 60 votes to break a filibuster, but that wasn't an issue here. 
    Did I say 51? I meant to say 48. Yah. 48.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,217
    I'm so sick of all the winning.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I wonder what the POTUS will whine about today?
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    He'll probably whine about the Interwebs jumping on him for saying "see ya in the Boardroom... " 
    thinks he is still on a reality TV show
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    Lizard said:
    He'll probably whine about the Interwebs jumping on him for saying "see ya in the Boardroom... " 
    In some sense he is.  He's like (at the risk of showing my age) the Real World's Puck...everyone knows he's an ass, but some like him in spite of (or because of) that.  Others just watch for the circus.  The reality show persona got him elected, and it's part of why I think the smart money's on him being re-elected in 2020.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,729
    Re-elected? Really?  Smart money is on impeachment. 
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    THE MOOCH IS OUT ACCORDING TO THE POST!

Unreal.  No one takes the attention away from Trump and lives to tell about it.
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Re-elected? Really?  Smart money is on impeachment. 
    The smart money was also on him never becoming president in the first place.

The smart money trades within a bull market of complacency.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Ding dong the mooch is out!

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    edited July 2017
    OnWis97 said:
    Lizard said:
    In some sense he is.  He's like (at the risk of showing my age) the Real World's Puck...everyone knows he's an ass, but some like him in spite of (or because of) that.  Others just watch for the circus.  The reality show persona got him elected, and it's part of why I think the smart money's on him being re-elected in 2020.
    If we make it that far, I think enough people will be tired of his act by 2020 for him to be re-elected. He wasn't exactly elected by the widest of margins the first time. Of course, that is assuming a free and fair election in 2020, which I'm beginning to think the smart money may *not* be on.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,318
    Ding dong the mooch is out!
    Just in time to make the fall TV line up in his own reality show. Hell, I think we have enough fired administration staff to have their own Survivor. Oh wait, we're already witnessing Survivor: White House. Where's Jeff Probst?
    It's a hopeless situation...
This discussion has been closed.