Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    how is trump going to make this all about him today? after he lands in FL will he have AF1 crashed into a mountain to show us all he means business?
    I don't think we'll hear anything from him for a while. The only people making today about Trump is the media. Yesterday saw a news channel (forget which one) say Trump is making today all about him by leaving the White House early and flying to Florida before noon. How is that making it about him? I think he's embarrassed and doesn't want to be seen. 
    Your takes are horrendous.
    What out of the norm has been planned for today? I don't think a send-off rally is that big of a deal, and probably typical. And if not, it happened well before the inauguration didn't it?  Is leaving the white house early, taking AF1 and flying to Florida hours before the inauguration really going to take the spotlight away? I highly doubt it. So what is he doing that is making today about him?

It wasn't for lack of trying. Trump wanted a full military send off with a 21-gun salute and a ton of Trumpian fanfare and ceremony, but Congress called on the Pentagon to refuse the request, which it did.
    That is great.  I was wondering how they were going to deal with that issue.  I was hoping that the pentagon would stonewall, but if they just said no..even better. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    I mean, he didn't stick around for the inauguration. That was abnormal. "Not needing to be dragged" is an outrageously low bar.  Everything he did between Biden's win (Nov 7) and yesterday was disgraceful.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,496
    mace1229 said:
    For years many on here said Trump would never leave willingly, 
    & they were right. 
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    OnWis97 said:
    I mean, he didn't stick around for the inauguration. That was abnormal. "Not needing to be dragged" is an outrageously low bar.  Everything he did between Biden's win (Nov 7) and yesterday was disgraceful.
    i was going to say, haha, that if we're supposed to be applauding that.....wow
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    OnWis97 said:
    Exactly. 

He wasn't man enough to take the L, attend the inauguration & stand with the other presidents. 

That's how history will remember him, a spoiled man baby who put his own ego above all else. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,162
    mace1229 said:
    For years many on here said Trump would never leave willingly, that he'd be physically dragged out. That isn't happening. I just don't know what is laughable. If he was making today about him he'd be staging a rally at the white house during the inauguration until he was forced to leave. Then he'd stage protests around the white house or capitol during the inauguration and celebrations that go with it. None of that his happening. He left this morning without issues. I don't see how that is making today about him? But to some comparing a good bye rally in the morning and leaving the office and traveling out of state hours before required to as not making a scene is laughable I guess. 
    so you are gonna defend him to the bitter end.

it is a bad look for you.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    how is trump going to make this all about him today? after he lands in FL will he have AF1 crashed into a mountain to show us all he means business?
    I don't think we'll hear anything from him for a while. The only people making today about Trump is the media. Yesterday saw a news channel (forget which one) say Trump is making today all about him by leaving the White House early and flying to Florida before noon. How is that making it about him? I think he's embarrassed and doesn't want to be seen. 
    What out of the norm has been planned for today? I don't think a send-off rally is that big of a deal, and probably typical. And if not, it happened well before the inauguration didn't it?  Is leaving the white house early, taking AF1 and flying to Florida hours before the inauguration really going to take the spotlight away? I highly doubt it. So what is he doing that is making today about him?
    it actually is out of the ordinary. inviting guests that he knows would normally be at the inauguration was making it about himself. forcing the military to give him a send off was making it about himself. 
    You and I might not like Trump but he was the Commander in Chief and the 21 gun salute was very appropriate.  To me there was absolutely nothing wrong with it.  I actually thought Trump bowed out with a little class.  He knew no one wanted him there and didn't take away from Biden's moment.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    There's only 2 dead Capitol Police officers as a result of Trump's unwillingness to leave office... did all that Blue Lives Matter talk mean something else? 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    it actually is out of the ordinary. inviting guests that he knows would normally be at the inauguration was making it about himself. forcing the military to give him a send off was making it about himself. 
    You and I might not like Trump but he was the Commander in Chief and the 21 gun salute was very appropriate.  To me there was absolutely nothing wrong with it.  I actually thought Trump bowed out with a little class.  He knew no one wanted him there and didn't take away from Biden's moment.  
    i read it was unusual a president to request this and the military gave some pushback on it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    i don't care how he left. he just needed to get the fuck out of dc and get the fuck out of office so joe and kamala could go about the business they were voted there to do.

trump is a man the world will soon forget.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    mace1229 said:
    For years many on here said Trump would never leave willingly, that he'd be physically dragged out. That isn't happening. I just don't know what is laughable. If he was making today about him he'd be staging a rally at the white house during the inauguration until he was forced to leave. Then he'd stage protests around the white house or capitol during the inauguration and celebrations that go with it. None of that his happening. He left this morning without issues. I don't see how that is making today about him? But to some comparing a good bye rally in the morning and leaving the office and traveling out of state hours before required to as not making a scene is laughable I guess. 
    Takes....just horrendous. 

According to this guy, not being dragged out of the white house is clearing the bar. 

Here's to a better four years. Goodness gracious. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    i read it was unusual a president to request this and the military gave some pushback on it. 
    To my knowledge it's never happened before because that is not what we do in this country. President's never hold rally's the day they leave either. And what he said was a disgrace as well. Always making it about himself. Fuck him.

Real president's suck it up, admit they lost and show the world that we are an example for all other democracies by attending his predecessor's inauguration and then quietly bowing away from public view. Nothing Trump did today was normal. One final shit stain on his awful legacy. 

Good riddance. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Maybe because there's a wall around the White House and Capitol with 20,000 National Guard troops patrolling the area? Or that many of the instigators, ring leaders and MAGA storm troopers have been arrested or are under investigation? Yup, all normal.

The first POOTWH not to attend since 1869. Yup, not about the POOTWH. Normal, same-same.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

According to this guy, not being dragged out of the white house is clearing the bar. 

to be fair, I don't think that's what he's saying. I think he's saying that trump did much better than what a lot of us expected, or at the very least, really really hoped wouldn't be the case. 

trump made a bit of a fuss about himself this morning, but honestly, a lot less than what many of us expected. is that to be celebrated? not really. i mean, he has set a really low bar for himself. on the other hand, it really wasn't a HUGE deal how he went out. he didn't go to biden's inauguration, which is a big deal, not unprecedented, but still very unbecoming of a president. 

I'd like to know if trump didn't go to the inauguration because of his own babyness or if he was advised not to go. he normally doesn't care about advisors and what they say, but since the 6th, he seemed to have been softening on that. so who knows. 

thank fuck this is all over. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited January 2021
    For the first time in our country's history, we did not have a peaceful transfer of power. 

There was nothing respectable or dignified about the way this asshole left office. 

Good f'ing riddance. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

You may not agree with him but he does have a point.  People, even myself, thought he wouldn't leave peacefully.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

You may not agree with him but he does have a point.  People, even myself, thought he wouldn't leave peacefully.
    6 dead Americans from January 6th couldn't be reached for comment. 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    POOTWH also claimed to have "left everything on the field." Like hell he did. He punted from the 5 yard line, on first and goal and then walked off the field during the return, up one with 30 seconds to go, and then blamed the defensive coordinator for the loss. What a fragile LOSER.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Lol....did you think he would lock himself in the white house or something?
    I didn't realize people actually thought that would happen. I mean, that would have been the most pathetic thing ever. Today, was realistically, the most disgraceful way to leave. That, in my opinion, was never a possibility. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    He didn't leave peacefully.  He never accepted the election.  He is an undignified piece of shit.  There should be no 'atta boy' given for the inevitability of today happening
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    mace1229 said:

to be fair, I don't think that's what he's saying. I think he's saying that trump did much better than what a lot of us expected, or at the very least, really really hoped wouldn't be the case. 

trump made a bit of a fuss about himself this morning, but honestly, a lot less than what many of us expected. is that to be celebrated? not really. i mean, he has set a really low bar for himself. on the other hand, it really wasn't a HUGE deal how he went out. he didn't go to biden's inauguration, which is a big deal, not unprecedented, but still very unbecoming of a president. 

I'd like to know if trump didn't go to the inauguration because of his own babyness or if he was advised not to go. he normally doesn't care about advisors and what they say, but since the 6th, he seemed to have been softening on that. so who knows. 

thank fuck this is all over. 
    He did all he could to make the day about himself. Maybe the fact that he couldn't drew more then his own staffers and family members plus five of their friends to attend his rally was the reason he didn't talk longer. But he gave his typical dumb stump speech. It's completely abnormal to what has ever happened on inauguration day. People trying to rationalize by saying "well it wasn't as bad as I thought" remind me of those saying he "became president" because he read a teleprompter State of the Union speech four years ago. Give me a break. 

There was nothing else he physically could've done, save for throwing a tantrum in the Oval Office and refusing to leave. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    He left the way he did because his insurrection attempt failed and he was forced to back down. I don't get why you're acting like Trump chose to go out gracefully, when he had the intention of dong anything but, and most certainly did not, and the attack on the Capitol is the main demonstration of that. By this morning the idiot literally had none of his desired options left, so he slunk out quietly, with every intention of continuing to poison America's democracy any way he can going forward. But hopefully he will be too busy losing all his money to do that.

I never said he is going out gracefully. My comment was in response to Trump trying to take the spotlight today. I don't see how he is trying to take the spotlight, he's getting on a plane and leaving before he was even out of office. But that has nothing to do with going out gracefully. I would agree that he did not.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

It wasn't for lack of trying. Trump wanted a full military send off with a 21-gun salute and a ton of Trumpian fanfare and ceremony, but Congress called on the Pentagon to refuse the request, which it did.
    That is great.  I was wondering how they were going to deal with that issue.  I was hoping that the pentagon would stonewall, but if they just said no..even better. 
    Everything about tRump was a bust today.  Hardly anyone there when he got on the copter.  Not very many people there at Andrews when he got on the plane (not even Pence) and no one greeting him in FL.

I'm assuming there was no FL reception due to not stretching secret service protection given the inauguration today.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    you can't give trump credit for leaving gracefully. because that is what he is supposed to do.

he is not getting a fucking "atta boy" for doing what he is supposed to do.

this is like the person taking credit and expecting praise for never getting arrested.

• Options
    mace1229 said:

You and a few others are taking what I said and twisting it. I never said he is going out gracefully, or that he is doing so honorably or defending him in any way like you said. All I said was I don't see how he is taking the spotlight away from Biden TODAY. I've asked 3 times how I am wrong, and I have yet to get one answer. Just the same 3 people repeating that I am wrong and twisting what I say around as some sort of support.
    I never said the bar was to not be physically dragged out. So at this point, after 3 attempts of asking what he has don't TODAY that has taken the spotlight away from the inauguration, and without a legitimate response that doesn't include comments that I never made, I think we know what the answer is. Nothing. 
    That, however, does not mean I agree with how he handled the last 2 months or his rally from 2 weeks ago. He is leaving ashamed and embarrassed. Despite that, essentially all of the news coverage from about 10:00 Eastern time and on has been on Biden and the inauguration. Not sure what your definition of stealing the spotlight is, but that doesn't fit mine. But feel free to keep putting words in my mouth if it makes your day go a little better. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

Everything about tRump was a bust today.  Hardly anyone there when he got on the copter.  Not very many people there at Andrews when he got on the plane (not even Pence) and no one greeting him in FL.

I'm assuming there was no FL reception due to not stretching secret service protection given the inauguration today.

& if he had his way it would have been a much bigger production, but adults finally put their foot down and told him no.

That anyone is giving this loser an ounce of credit for not getting ‘dragged out’ is just sad. 
  • Options
    people do not remember how you come in to a situation. they remember how you leave it. and people will always remember that trump begged and pleaded for congress and the courts to overturn the election for him. he incited a riot to attack the capitol that killed 6 people.

he can fuck all the way off and he can rot in jail for all i care.

the man has no dignity, and he deserves no praise.

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    Maybe because there's a wall around the White House and Capitol with 20,000 National Guard troops patrolling the area? Or that many of the instigators, ring leaders and MAGA storm troopers have been arrested or are under investigation? Yup, all normal.

The first POOTWH not to attend since 1869. Yup, not about the POOTWH. Normal, same-same.
    You may be right. I never commented on why he didn't steal the spotlight. He very well may have wanted to and couldn't pull it off. I don't know, I wouldn;t put it passed him if he did. I just said he didn;t steal the spotlight today. Thats all I said (with a couple examples included why I believe so), and it somehow turned into a lot more. 
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    He was stopped from stealing the spotlight today from the sound of things.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:

You may be right. I never commented on why he didn't steal the spotlight. He very well may have wanted to and couldn't pull it off. I don't know, I wouldn;t put it passed him if he did. I just said he didn;t steal the spotlight today. Thats all I said (with a couple examples included why I believe so), and it somehow turned into a lot more. 
    do you think trump would have tweeted some BS today if he had the ability to do so?

i 100% guarantee he would have.

This discussion has been closed.