Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mace1229 said:
    how is trump going to make this all about him today? after he lands in FL will he have AF1 crashed into a mountain to show us all he means business?
    I don't think we'll hear anything from him for a while. The only people making today about Trump is the media. Yesterday saw a news channel (forget which one) say Trump is making today all about him by leaving the White House early and flying to Florida before noon. How is that making it about him? I think he's embarrassed and doesn't want to be seen. 
    His "legacy" will be kept alive more by the people that hate him than the people that love him. There will be times where talking about him will be relevant (investigations, impeachment trial, etc.) but until then, let this guy fade away. It'd be for the best

how is trump going to make this all about him today? after he lands in FL will he have AF1 crashed into a mountain to show us all he means business?
    ^Like this. I think today's a good day to quit worrying about what Trump's going to do and just move onto the Biden adminstration. 
    i think this is a great point. unfortunately, the cable news networks have made gangbusters because of the trump admin. everything biden does is going to be framed as "and how different is this from the last administration?". i won't be watching those networks anymore. 

what did brooke baldwin/don lemon/chris cuomo talk about during the obama years? oh yeah, NON-US-PRESIDENT NEWS. i sincerely doubt they'll go back to that format for the majority of their broadcasts. division draws an audience. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    no dignity at all.  He will be remembered most for the past 2.5 months.  

He will deeply regret this down the road.  
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,779

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Hopefully soon to be indicted. 
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:

he isn't capable of regret. he'll blame all of this on everyone else. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    MayDay10 said:

For now he will...

*provided he skirts legal peril.

If/when he gets to a point where he tires of all this and he is old and frail and looking back at his life... he will recognize this behavior completely altered how history will view him in a negative way.  he also missed out joining the fraternity of past presidents for the passing of the torch, all of which become beloved icons almost universally.  At some point it is likely he will do some introspection on how he squandered his chance to leave a mark on history (the right way).
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:

For now he will...

If/when he gets to a point where he tires of all this and he is old and frail and looking back at his life... he will recognize this behavior completely altered how history will view him in a negative way.  he also missed out joining the fraternity of past presidents for the passing of the torch, all of which become beloved icons almost universally.  At some point it is likely he will do some introspection on how he squandered his chance to leave a mark on history (the right way).
    disagree. I honestly believe he's clinically incapable of such introspection. i'm no psych professional by any stretch, but the history of his behaviour tells me he will swear he was wronged till the day he dies. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    he issued one more last minute pardon: Wine-o Jeanine Pirro's ex husband, Albert Pirro. another white collar criminal. 

gross. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,967
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:

For now he will...

disagree. I honestly believe he's clinically incapable of such introspection. i'm no psych professional by any stretch, but the history of his behaviour tells me he will swear he was wronged till the day he dies. 
    I agree that he will swear he was wronged...but he knows he wasn't wronged.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    you cannot indict a sitting president
    you cannot indict a sitting president
    you cannot indict a SITTING president
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:

For now he will...

i don't think so. i think he can't grasp not being universally loved. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Maybe I give every human too much credit for being capable of introspection and facing reality.  Its crazy to think that even with all his behavior over his 4 years, if he would have only lost graciously, his place in history would have been completely different.

If I had to make predictions, I think Trump is headed toward quite a bit of financial and legal peril.  He likely has some sort of dementia or cognitive/nervous system issue which will get worse and compound, and if not, the stress will ravage his unhealthy body and lifestyle.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:

For now he will...

Right, he will just become more bitter and victimized.  He won't look back with regret. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    edited January 2021
    While I do agree that Trump will likely never realize the reality of this situation, I'm inclined to think his kids will know full well what his bullshit has cost them. 

MAYBE they weather the coming storm, but I'm inclined to think not, and they'll come to regret their father having run for president. (at least this is what I hope). 
  • Options
    MayDay10 said:
    MayDay10 said:

For now he will...

i don't think so. i think he can't grasp not being universally loved. 
    I tend to agree. It's pretty much a defense mechanism.  I don't think, like so many do, that it's rooted in arrogance. I think it's rooted in insecurity. Deep down, he kinda knows he's a nitwit that was "born on third." When he's telling us how great he is, he's also telling that to himself.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    While I do agree that Trump will likely never realize the reality of this situation, I'm inclined to think his kids will know full well what his bullshit has cost them. 

MAYBE they weather the coming storm, but I'm inclined to think not, and they'll come to regret their father having run for president. (at least this is what I hope). 

Maybe. Though, Junior is such a carbon copy of his old man, that maybe he doesn't get it...
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Maybe. Though, Junior is such a carbon copy of his old man, that maybe he doesn't get it...
    If they end up financially ruined or worse, I think he'll get it. 
  • Options
    i read a lot of the explanations this morning. some are very justified. one was referenced as a 'result of the russian collusion hoax". a guy gets caught breaking the law as a result of a separate investigation and the trump admin deems that "unfair". 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    I only skimmed.  Lots of white-collar criminals. I saw a woman who had served 10 years of a 24-year sentence for a non-violent drug offense. On its face, I can get behind that. (though I assume she or her family can do something for the Trumps).

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,279
    mace1229 said:
    I don't think we'll hear anything from him for a while. The only people making today about Trump is the media. Yesterday saw a news channel (forget which one) say Trump is making today all about him by leaving the White House early and flying to Florida before noon. How is that making it about him? I think he's embarrassed and doesn't want to be seen. 
    Your takes are horrendous.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    I laughed, not gonna lie. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    edited January 2021
    mace1229 said:
    What out of the norm has been planned for today? I don't think a send-off rally is that big of a deal, and probably typical. And if not, it happened well before the inauguration didn't it?  Is leaving the white house early, taking AF1 and flying to Florida hours before the inauguration really going to take the spotlight away? I highly doubt it. So what is he doing that is making today about him?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,158
    mace1229 said:
    i want him to be seen. in handcuffs. today.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    What out of the norm has been planned for today? I don't think a send-off rally is that big of a deal, and probably typical. And if not, it happened well before the inauguration didn't it?  Is leaving the white house early, taking AF1 and flying to Florida hours before the inauguration really going to take the spotlight away? I highly doubt it. So what is he doing that is making today about him?

It wasn't for lack of trying. Trump wanted a full military send off with a 21-gun salute and a ton of Trumpian fanfare and ceremony, but Congress called on the Pentagon to refuse the request, which it did.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    it actually is out of the ordinary. inviting guests that he knows would normally be at the inauguration was making it about himself. forcing the military to give him a send off was making it about himself. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    For years many on here said Trump would never leave willingly, that he'd be physically dragged out. That isn't happening. I just don't know what is laughable. If he was making today about him he'd be staging a rally at the white house during the inauguration until he was forced to leave. Then he'd stage protests around the white house or capitol during the inauguration and celebrations that go with it. None of that his happening. He left this morning without issues. I don't see how that is making today about him? But to some comparing a good bye rally in the morning and leaving the office and traveling out of state hours before required to as not making a scene is laughable I guess. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    For years many on here said Trump would never leave willingly, that he'd be physically dragged out. That isn't happening. I just don't know what is laughable. If he was making today about him he'd be staging a rally at the white house during the inauguration until he was forced to leave. Then he'd stage protests around the white house or capitol during the inauguration and celebrations that go with it. None of that his happening. He left this morning without issues. I don't see how that is making today about him? But to some comparing a good bye rally in the morning and leaving the office and traveling out of state hours before required to as not making a scene is laughable I guess. 
    it doesn't have to be either of the extremes to either be about him or not be about him. it can also fall somewhere in the middle, which it did. he actually tried to make his send off bigger than it was. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    mace1229 said:
    My sense is that the events of January 6 and how it affected perception of Trump is what changed things from pretty much exactly what you described happening.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited January 2021
    mace1229 said:
    He left the way he did because his insurrection attempt failed and he was forced to back down. I don't get why you're acting like Trump chose to go out gracefully, when he had the intention of dong anything but, and most certainly did not, and the attack on the Capitol is the main demonstration of that. By this morning the idiot literally had none of his desired options left, so he slunk out quietly, with every intention of continuing to poison America's democracy any way he can going forward. But hopefully he will be too busy losing all his money to do that.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
This discussion has been closed.