Donald Trump

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,077
    mickeyrat said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just read excerpts from mitch’s speech, my man makes a lot of sense but where the hell has that been?

it wasnt politically expedient before today.
    AKA - didn't serve Mitch McConnell's best interests. 
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589
    trump is probably having the pardon paperwork drawn up for the people being arrested right now.
    Common people, not a chance. He doesn't care about them and never has. They already served their purpose. His only other need for them is to feed his ego at his rallies.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,877
    OnWis97 said:
    OK...I've been ignoring the challenges because "my sister's high school boyfriend found a Georgia ballot box in a truck in Louisiana" just isn't very compelling.

But I ate lunch while they were talking about Arizona and I think I understand their semi-cogent argument. I think it relates to the Texas lawsuit. Texas was right but it didn't have standing.
    • States changed various voting processes for this election (Is that true? I know a federal court actually shut down a Minnesota deadline change)
    • It's not convenient but state legislators have to make all changes to state election processes. If the state legislature doesn't make the change no state employee can (Again; not sure how true)
    • Therefore, the states that did not do this correctly should not be counted. And then Trump wins a majority of EVs (I think that's how it would go; it's not 270; it's 50% +1.
    • That said, at best they're trying to win on a technicality, given that we all know who America came out and voted for. Also, should every state regardless of who won be under the same scrutiny? What if Florida did something wrong...they should be invalidated, as well. Also, the guy I saw making this argument about Arizona is an Arizona congressman, so his election should be invalid as well, correct?
    All the "fraud" crap is nonsense, but I think they have a pretty compelling point here. That said, "states rights" and it no longer matters how states got there. But did some states actually have rules bent (not for Biden but for Covid, or whatever)?

then it was for the respective legislatures to act for the primaries and the general. tgey did not, so by inaction granted these authorities
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Fuck this fucking guy. 

• Mike D88Mike D88 Posts: 723
    seeing some of the violence at the capital on twitter. holy shit. 

imagine if any of those people were black. 
    They would have jumped straight to live rounds if this was BLM or "antifa." Y'all Qaeda gets a pass to charge the steps of the Capitol Building.
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    OnWis97 said:
    OK...I've been ignoring the challenges because "my sister's high school boyfriend found a Georgia ballot box in a truck in Louisiana" just isn't very compelling.

But I ate lunch while they were talking about Arizona and I think I understand their semi-cogent argument. I think it relates to the Texas lawsuit. Texas was right but it didn't have standing.
    • States changed various voting processes for this election (Is that true? I know a federal court actually shut down a Minnesota deadline change)
    • It's not convenient but state legislators have to make all changes to state election processes. If the state legislature doesn't make the change no state employee can (Again; not sure how true)
    • Therefore, the states that did not do this correctly should not be counted. And then Trump wins a majority of EVs (I think that's how it would go; it's not 270; it's 50% +1.
    • That said, at best they're trying to win on a technicality, given that we all know who America came out and voted for. Also, should every state regardless of who won be under the same scrutiny? What if Florida did something wrong...they should be invalidated, as well. Also, the guy I saw making this argument about Arizona is an Arizona congressman, so his election should be invalid as well, correct?
    All the "fraud" crap is nonsense, but I think they have a pretty compelling point here. That said, "states rights" and it no longer matters how states got there. But did some states actually have rules bent (not for Biden but for Covid, or whatever)?
    I'm sure someone who knows more about this can clarify, but as I understand it, legitimate objections to the process are to be raised in advance of the election, not afterwards, when your side has lost. 

& I believe in Pennsylvania's case, the republican legislature agreed to the changes to the election process, and are only objecting to it now after the fact because again... their side lost.
    Yes. It's called the doctrine of laches.  
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,970
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just read excerpts from mitch’s speech, my man makes a lot of sense but where the hell has that been?
    This is why the Republican Party will not go away. People can forget everything in a second. Like, are you easily duped by this dipshit? He means none of it.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    and mitch just blamed all this on the democrats in 2016. because, of course it's all their fault. lol
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Now those dumbass protestors are dragging out the process because they have broken in to the capitol. What a fucking mess. Arrest them all and try them for treason.
    It's like politicians have writers or something. It's like they're politicians or something....

Step. On. Throats.
    and mitch just blamed all this on the democrats in 2016. because, of course it's all their fault. lol
    I do love how his memory only begins in 2016, as opposed to say, November of 2008. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,542
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,717
    tbergs said:
    Now those dumbass protestors are dragging out the process because they have broken in to the capitol. What a fucking mess. Arrest them all and try them for treason.
    Unreal. 
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    edited January 2021
    F***ing Idiots. You lost your right to peaceful protest when you entered the Capitol. 
    PBS has an idiot on air stating he was shot at first by police...referencing 1776 as to why he is breaking in to the capitol.
    F***ing Idiots. You lost your right to peaceful protest when you entered the Capitol.
    They also lost the right to walk out of that building not wearing handcuffs. 
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    They also lost the right to walk out of that building not wearing handcuffs. 
    Exactly! 
  • this is like some broke-ass Gangs of New York shit, but with stupider people.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Imagine if the crowd was black or brown....

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    What an embarrassment. But oh yes what a diplomatic speech by Mitch.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    just waiting for his "stand back and stand by" with regards to his protesters. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

Imagine if the crowd was black or brown....
    Exactly. I told my wife last night that there was no way the crowds today would be treated like the crowds at racial injustice protests this summer. 
    edited January 2021
    I still don't understand why Trump isn't being held to task for his language and actions. He's fueling unrest and violence. He should be arrested. U understand, but it's fucked up.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,331
    But both sides are the same.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404
    I'm glad this is happening.  It shows the world how radical they are.  Calling these people 'conservatives is a joke. 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,979
    Not protestors. Terrorists.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin

mrussel1 said:
    I'm glad this is happening.  It shows the world how radical they are.  Calling these people 'conservatives is a joke. 
    Unfortunately, these are the modern day conservatives in America.

All the talk about the 'radical' left was just the usual projection from these people. 
This discussion has been closed.