Donald Trump

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,727
    Someone is gonna get killed today
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,077
    McConnell's warning about the dangers of the two parties not working together. 

Fuck this fucking guy. 
  • Its fine to challenge election results, as long as you have a legitimate basis to do so. 2000, 2004 were legitimate challenges, A stacked SCOTUS shot them both down.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553

Fuck this fucking guy. 
    haha, the grovelling is delicious. 
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 29,404

Fuck this fucking guy. 
    Yeah that's what I meant by... good speech hilarious irony. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,876
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    am i hearing mcconnell correctly right now? is he talking actual truth here?
    What s he saying?
    Blaming the media. Blaming dems for legitimately challenging previous elections in 2000, 2004 and 2016. I don't recall the "challenge" to the 2016. Hillary conceded on election night. So much for the "truth." POS.
    There was one in 16. Biden shut it down.  
    Which one?

a Rep who didnt have the requisite Senator on board
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    am i hearing mcconnell correctly right now? is he talking actual truth here?
    What s he saying?
    Blaming the media. Blaming dems for legitimately challenging previous elections in 2000, 2004 and 2016. I don't recall the "challenge" to the 2016. Hillary conceded on election night. So much for the "truth." POS.
    There was one in 16. Biden shut it down.  
    Which one?

a Rep who didnt have the requisite Senator on board
    Yes. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/01/06/politics/electoral-college-vote-count-objections/index.html
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I remember some fear that Russia might have tampered in 2016 and Jill Stein was trying some sort of grassroots fundraising attempt to recount Michigan....  but other than that, it was a done deal as far as I remember.

Obama didnt try to incite a riot on the streets of DC in January of 2017 to overturn the results of the election.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398

Fuck this fucking guy. 
    Pot meet kettle lol 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Trump Terrorists are attempting to break into the Capital
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,970
    In all honesty, Schumer sucks tho. I need someone else coming over the top from Mitch here.
    seriously??

www.headstonesband.com

RNC evacuated due to suspicious package. Most of RNC in florida for winter meetings...
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Ted Cruz making his case with polls.  Garbage. 
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,970
    Someone is gonna get killed today
    Sadly, everything is playing out exactly as I thought it would.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589
    mrussel1 said:
    Ted Cruz making his case with polls.  Garbage. 
    He is such a troll.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    honest question:  knowing he was going to speak to congress/senate today and be on television representing himself and his state.... why couldnt Ted Cruz be bothered with shaving?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    Just read excerpts from mitch’s speech, my man makes a lot of sense but where the hell has that been?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Cruz recommending a committee like 1876, which was so disastrous that it created the electoral count act of 1877.  And the only reason 1876 was resolved was by by Republicans agreeing to end Reconstruction.  He knows better.  Asshole.
    seriously??
    Yup... lot's of stuff on twitter right now: 
    https://twitter.com/henryrodgersdc/status/1346884441315172352?s=21
  • OnWis97OnWis97 Posts: 4,979
    OK...I've been ignoring the challenges because "my sister's high school boyfriend found a Georgia ballot box in a truck in Louisiana" just isn't very compelling.

But I ate lunch while they were talking about Arizona and I think I understand their semi-cogent argument. I think it relates to the Texas lawsuit. Texas was right but it didn't have standing.
    • States changed various voting processes for this election (Is that true? I know a federal court actually shut down a Minnesota deadline change)
    • It's not convenient but state legislators have to make all changes to state election processes. If the state legislature doesn't make the change no state employee can (Again; not sure how true)
    • Therefore, the states that did not do this correctly should not be counted. And then Trump wins a majority of EVs (I think that's how it would go; it's not 270; it's 50% +1.
    • That said, at best they're trying to win on a technicality, given that we all know who America came out and voted for. Also, should every state regardless of who won be under the same scrutiny? What if Florida did something wrong...they should be invalidated, as well. Also, the guy I saw making this argument about Arizona is an Arizona congressman, so his election should be invalid as well, correct?
    All the "fraud" crap is nonsense, but I think they have a pretty compelling point here. That said, "states rights" and it no longer matters how states got there. But did some states actually have rules bent (not for Biden but for Covid, or whatever)?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    seeing some of the violence at the capital on twitter. holy shit. 

imagine if any of those people were black. 

www.headstonesband.com

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,589
    mrussel1 said:
    Cruz recommending a committee like 1876, which was so disastrous that it created the electoral count act of 1877.  And the only reason 1876 was resolved was by by Republicans agreeing to end Reconstruction.  He knows better.  Asshole.
    Yeah, I was yelling at him through my computer when he brought that up. Such a misrepresentation that the common person has no idea about.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Someone is gonna get killed today
    looks that way, sadly.

i am waiting for the police to start shooting. if the masses were black they probably would have already.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

OnWis97 said:
    OK...I've been ignoring the challenges because "my sister's high school boyfriend found a Georgia ballot box in a truck in Louisiana" just isn't very compelling.

But I ate lunch while they were talking about Arizona and I think I understand their semi-cogent argument. I think it relates to the Texas lawsuit. Texas was right but it didn't have standing.
    • States changed various voting processes for this election (Is that true? I know a federal court actually shut down a Minnesota deadline change)
    • It's not convenient but state legislators have to make all changes to state election processes. If the state legislature doesn't make the change no state employee can (Again; not sure how true)
    • Therefore, the states that did not do this correctly should not be counted. And then Trump wins a majority of EVs (I think that's how it would go; it's not 270; it's 50% +1.
    • That said, at best they're trying to win on a technicality, given that we all know who America came out and voted for. Also, should every state regardless of who won be under the same scrutiny? What if Florida did something wrong...they should be invalidated, as well. Also, the guy I saw making this argument about Arizona is an Arizona congressman, so his election should be invalid as well, correct?
    All the "fraud" crap is nonsense, but I think they have a pretty compelling point here. That said, "states rights" and it no longer matters how states got there. But did some states actually have rules bent (not for Biden but for Covid, or whatever)?
    No your second point is not correct.  State legislators can delegate duties to their election officials.  That is established law.  In fact,  the same thing happened in Texas and was upheld by the appeals court before the election.  And it wasn't a standing issue nor laches.

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/02/930365888/federal-judge-dismisses-effort-to-throw-out-drive-through-votes-in-houston
    OnWis97 said:

I'm sure someone who knows more about this can clarify, but as I understand it, legitimate objections to the process are to be raised in advance of the election, not afterwards, when your side has lost. 

& I believe in Pennsylvania's case, the republican legislature agreed to the changes to the election process, and are only objecting to it now after the fact because again... their side lost.
    MayDay10 said:
    honest question:  knowing he was going to speak to congress/senate today and be on television representing himself and his state.... why couldnt Ted Cruz be bothered with shaving?
    he got fat. beady eyes, rat like nose, no chin and extra weight isnt a good look.

• trump is probably having the pardon paperwork drawn up for the people being arrested right now.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

mcgruff10 said:
    Just read excerpts from mitch’s speech, my man makes a lot of sense but where the hell has that been?

it wasnt politically expedient before today.

This discussion has been closed.