Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    cutz said:

The fact that this is fake and people share it and believe it is the true meaning of irony. 

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mace1229 said:
    cutz said:

The fact that this is fake and people share it and believe it is the true meaning of irony. 

this isn't news, nor is it an intentional lie, so i don't know that i'd call it ironic. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    cutz said:

this isn't news, nor is it an intentional lie, so i don't know that i'd call it ironic. 
    Irony is voting for a NYC (alleged) billionaire while at the same time thinking you were casting a vote against coastal elitism. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    rumor going around that melania has asked her staff what she is entitled to after biden takes over. like will she get money from taxpayer, etc. speculation is that she will be filing for divorce at the end of trump's term. his first and only term...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    Irony is arguing nearly ever single point on a rock band's web forum and then admitting on the same forum that you are wrong most of the time. 

And, of course, continuing to try and argue.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Irony is arguing nearly ever single point on a rock band's web forum and then admitting on the same forum that you are wrong most of the time. 

And, of course, continuing to try and argue.
    who are you referring to?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,635
    rumor going around that melania has asked her staff what she is entitled to after biden takes over. like will she get money from taxpayer, etc. speculation is that she will be filing for divorce at the end of trump's term. his first and only term...

I would have to imagine that she could find some rich person who would be happy to be with her. 
    Worked once. 
    Heck, having been with Donny Diapers might even be a bonus for her in the eyes of some folks. 
    'Murica. 
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

I would have to imagine that she could find some rich person who would be happy to be with her. 
    Worked once. 
    Heck, having been with Donny Diapers might even be a bonus for her in the eyes of some folks. 
    'Murica. 
    Donny is probably really excited to get back on the market again.

Show off all those YMCA dance moves in the club. Probably a little sad his good buddy Jeffery can't join him though.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,976
    mace1229 said:
    cutz said:

It's funny when tRumpster's debunk it though....kind of like how tRumpster's are now excited about Hunter Biden's taxes even through their guy won't show his and has his own tax issues to deal with.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    dignin said:

Worked once. 
    'Murica. 

Show off all those YMCA dance moves in the club. Probably a little sad his good buddy Jeffery can't join him though.
    Hahaha.  Those dance moves......oh what a gift to us all.
  • Options
    HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,383
  • Options
    dignin said:

Worked once. 
    'Murica. 

he'll probably try to get with barron's first girlfriend. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
  • Options
    ikiT said:
    states are independent to conservatives until they ain't. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    This makes me feel better but then I start wondering what soul-eater will try next?

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,827
    Still, though, 18 Attorney's General (better than 1/3 of US states) are asking SCOTUS to ignore the election and just give the presidency to Trump.  And it's not even big news.  I almost wonder whether the other 50 court actions were intentional failures simply meant to desensitize us to the nonsense so one day, before we know it, it's in front of the Supreme Court.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    edited December 2020
    mace1229 said:
    cutz said:

I'd say its irony. I've seen it on other outlets like facebook too, there's plenty who think it is real. A meme that shows a fake interview from a well known magazine with fake quotes about a person calling a group of people gullible and quoting him saying they will believe anything, and people believe said fake interview, is irony. 
    Any other topic you'd be right, if they quoted him saying the Earth is flat, then not irony. But a fake quote about people believing anything, and people believe the fake quote, that's irony. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,837
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    cutz said:

I'd say its irony. I've seen it on other outlets like facebook too, there's plenty who think it is real. A meme that shows a fake interview from a well known magazine with fake quotes about a person calling a group of people gullible and quoting him saying they will believe anything, and people believe said fake interview, is irony. 
    Any other topic you'd be right, if they quoted him saying the Earth is flat, then not irony. But a fake quote about people believing anything, and people believe the fake quote, that's irony. 

It's borderline irony but completely understandable. He's made several similar actual quotes that make this one completely plausible.
    I'm not saying it makes it right to spread fake memes, but just remember these real quotes:
    'I love the poorly educated'
    'I could go out on 5th Avenue...'

Also, while the meme is fake, everything it says is actually true. He was a former democrat who ran as a Republican. He did best with white males with no college education. And with Republicans, his numbers are outstanding. Oh yeah, and he lies. A lot.
  • Options
    eddiec said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    cutz said:

It's borderline irony but completely understandable. He's made several similar actual quotes that make this one completely plausible.
    I'm not saying it makes it right to spread fake memes, but just remember these real quotes:
    'I love the poorly educated'
    'I could go out on 5th Avenue...'

Also, while the meme is fake, everything it says is actually true. He was a former democrat who ran as a Republican. He did best with white males with no college education. And with Republicans, his numbers are outstanding. Oh yeah, and he lies. A lot.

Now THAT'S some irony for you right there. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    dignin said:

Worked once. 
    'Murica. 

Really went there, huh. Yeesh.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,437
    https://www.courthousenews.com/fbi-subpoenas-texas-ag-ken-paxton-after-alleged-bribery-reports/

FBI Subpoenas Texas AG Ken Paxton After Alleged Bribery Reports

December 10, 2020  DAVID LEE

AUSTIN, Texas (CN) — Sources confirmed Thursday the FBI has subpoenaed Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton after his senior staff revolted and reported him for alleged corruption, bribery and abuse of office for investigating the enemies of campaign donor and Austin real estate investor Nate Paul.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    https://www.courthousenews.com/fbi-subpoenas-texas-ag-ken-paxton-after-alleged-bribery-reports/

FBI Subpoenas Texas AG Ken Paxton After Alleged Bribery Reports

December 10, 2020  DAVID LEE

AUSTIN, Texas (CN) — Sources confirmed Thursday the FBI has subpoenaed Republican Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton after his senior staff revolted and reported him for alleged corruption, bribery and abuse of office for investigating the enemies of campaign donor and Austin real estate investor Nate Paul.
    We really should give Tejas back to Mexico.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Trump's bankers questioned by prosecutors in “significantly escalating” criminal probe: report

Manhattan District Attorney Cy Vance is investigating Trump for potential tax, bank, and insurance fraud

https://www.salon.com/2020/12/11/trumps-bankers-questioned-by-prosecutors-in-significantly-escalating-criminal-probe-report/
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    ...and fuck this guy already.  The EC comin' in on Monday.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    ikiT said:
    ...and fuck this guy already.  The EC comin' in on Monday.
    Yes. Can’t wait for this shitshow of a “presidency” to be over.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    Call it the Tricky Team Trump Treason Tax Cheat Act:

Congress bans anonymous shell companies after long campaign by anti-corruption groups

Bipartisan measure requires companies established in the U.S. to disclose their real owners

Dec. 11, 2020 at 4:39 p.m. EST
    Add to list

A groundbreaking measure to ban anonymous shell companies in the United States cleared Congress on Friday as the Senate joined the House in passing a defense-spending bill with a veto-proof margin.

The Corporate Transparency Act, which was tacked onto the defense bill, would require corporations and limited liability companies established in the United States to disclose their real owners to the Treasury Department, making it harder for criminals to anonymously launder money or evade taxes. The rule applies to future and existing entities alike.

The measure passed the Senate with an 84-13 vote as part of the National Defense Authorization Act, which cleared the House earlier this week. Trump pledged to veto the defense bill — one of few laws that passes every year — because it doesn’t include his demand to repeal liability protections for social media companies. Trump also opposes a clause that orders military bases named for Confederate leaders to be renamed.

The anonymous-shell-company ban was years in the making, as supporters slowly built a coalition of Democrats, Republicans, law-enforcement officials and even business groups that originally opposed the idea, such as the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.

“We are on the verge of celebrating the most significant anti-money-laundering victory in a generation due in large part to the widespread and growing support for reform,” said Clark Gascoigne, senior policy adviser at the FACT Coalition, an alliance of anti-corruption groups that helped push for the legislation.

Nearly 2 million corporations and limited liability companies are registered each year in the United States, at the state level. Few states today require companies to disclose their true owners, with Delaware and a few others turning the registration of anonymous companies into big business.

That’s one reason the U.K.-based Tax Justice Network has named the United States the globe’s second most financially secretive jurisdiction, behind the Cayman Islands and ahead of Switzerland.

Delaware Secretary of State Jeffrey Bullock last year endorsed the Corporate Transparency Act, calling it a “fair, bipartisan compromise” that would make it the federal government’s responsibility to collect the ownership data, which he said was better than a “piecemeal” state-by-state approach.

Tolerance of anonymous shell companies has long helped drug- and human- traffickers, organized crime groups and foreign kleptocrats launder their ill-gotten gains through the U.S. financial system, supporters of the legislation say. It took Michael Cohen, Donald Trump’s former lawyer, only a few days to set up and use an anonymous Delaware LLC to pay hush money to Stormy Daniels, in violation of campaign finance laws.

Rep. Carolyn B. Maloney (D-N.Y.), who introduced the legislation to the House in 2009, and continued resubmitting it each year, said U.S. shell companies have helped corrupt foreign leaders and criminals anonymously buy luxury real estate in her district, which includes Manhattan.

“If you drive through my district at night you will find a lot of apartment buildings with absolutely no lights on,” Maloney said during a news conference this week to mark the House passage. “They were purchased purely to hide money and act as a bank account.”

The law requires anyone registering a new company to disclose the name, address and date of birth of the real owners, and an identification number for each owner, such as a driver’s license or passport number. Corporations and LLCs that already existed before the law’s adoption must disclose their ownership information to the Treasury Department within two years.

Anyone willfully providing false information, including lawyers helping with corporate-registration paperwork, will be liable for fines of up to $10,000 and prison terms of up to two years.

The Treasury Department’s Financial Crimes Enforcement Network will collect the data and provide ownership details to law-enforcement agencies and banks upon request.

The legislation has limitations. The general public won’t have access to the ownership data, a disappointment to anti-corruption campaigners, who say public scrutiny would help combat criminal activity.

Bullock, the Delaware secretary of state, said these limits on access to the data were one reason the state supported the legislation.

In some cases, allied nations will be able to request ownership details to aid their own investigations, said Gary Kalman, director of the U.S. office of Transparency International, a big backer of the legislation.

In another transparency setback, the law also exempts some entities from the disclosure requirements, including domestic investment funds that are advised and operated by a registered investment adviser. Gascoigne said that exemption was the result of lobbying by the private-equity and hedge-fund sectors.

The database is likely to help prosecutors nationwide build cases against criminal groups, said Frank Russo, director of government and legislative affairs at the National District Attorneys Association.

The lack of such a database today is undermining efforts in Florida to combat human-trafficking networks at illicit massage parlors, Russo said.

Investigators “can’t figure out who is financing and paying for these operations” because the ringleaders hide behind anonymous shell companies, he said.

Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-Ohio), a key backer of the Senate bill, along with Sen. Mike Crapo (R-Idaho) and others, said shell companies have enabled everything from sex trafficking to fentanyl pushers in his state.

“This is a really big deal to get this passed, and as you know it took a long time,” Brown said during the news conference Thursday, adding that he hoped Republican senators would “stand strong” and vote to override any Trump veto, if necessary.

The banking industry became an important supporter of the legislation in recent years, after realizing it would help banks identify the real owners of all accounts, as required under Obama-era regulation.

The legislation will give banks access to the Treasury ownership database to verify information on new customers requesting accounts.

Other developed nations are also cracking down on anonymous shell companies, responding to fears about terrorist financing, and public outrage about corruption and tax evasion. The European Union instructed all member countries to create public databases by 2020 that disclose companies’ true owners. Britain mandated the same in 2016.

Ban on anonymous shell companies in U.S. clears Senate - The Washington Post

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    hedonist said:
    dignin said:

Worked once. 
    'Murica. 

you have an issue with me pointing out the patently obvious?
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    dignin said:

Worked once. 
    'Murica. 

you have an issue with me pointing out the patently obvious?
    Ohhh! You meant it’s obvious he’d fuck a young teenage girl.

Like I said, yeesh.
This discussion has been closed.