Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    why would anyone want to go there just to start fights? wouldn't it just be incredibly aggravating to not only read that stuff, but to engage with the type of person who posts there?
    But who's worse? The "type of person who posts there" (I'm guessing that would be right-wing deplorables that wear MAGA hats?) or someone that goes there simply to troll? 
    read between the lines in my first question. 
    My question was rhetorical. The person that goes to troll is worse. I suspect there are people that have that sort of mentality online (I'm going to go there to fuck with them!), may also do that sort of thing in real life (i.e. wait outside a Trump rally and throw shit at his supporters). "Sad!"
    I'm so sorry you guys feel this way.  And your analogy is "sad", unsupported.  You think someone posting counter points to the lunacy is the same as throwing feces at a supporter?  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mrussel1 said:
    why would anyone want to go there just to start fights? wouldn't it just be incredibly aggravating to not only read that stuff, but to engage with the type of person who posts there?
    But who's worse? The "type of person who posts there" (I'm guessing that would be right-wing deplorables that wear MAGA hats?) or someone that goes there simply to troll? 
    My question was rhetorical. The person that goes to troll is worse. I suspect there are people that have that sort of mentality online (I'm going to go there to fuck with them!), may also do that sort of thing in real life (i.e. wait outside a Trump rally and throw shit at his supporters). "Sad!"
    I'm so sorry you guys feel this way.  And your analogy is "sad", unsupported.  You think someone posting counter points to the lunacy is the same as throwing feces at a supporter?  
    I won't comment on the "throwing shit", but you said you go there just to start arguments. isn't that the very definition of trolling?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    I won't comment on the "throwing shit", but you said you go there just to start arguments. isn't that the very definition of trolling?
    I don't think it is.  I post arguments that are backed up by facts and logic.  If that's trolling, then so be it, but I don't think so.  But to say that a person that goes there and counters the lunacy is actually WORSE than the racist, sexist 4Chan bullshit that is posted there, is quite silly.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Not throwing literal "shit" at them. Or even throwing anything. I'm talking about going to where there's a group of people with the purpose of fucking with them. You're changing your tune though. Before you said you go there to "fight" with them. Now you post counterpoints. I see.

And look, I assume you just do that sort of trolling online so whatever. But you know there's people that take it further out on the streets. The people that fuck with Trump supporters, the people that shame women walking into an abortion clinic, the people that protest gay-pride rallies or military funerals. These are all people that are just trying to annoy and fuck with people that don't share their views. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I found myself starting fights, just by stating facts that were countered by koolaid fueled VENOM.  They cray over there.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    Going there just reinforced that those public hearings tomorrow are gonna have a really sad alternative narrative.  I hope you're ready.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I don't think it is.  I post arguments that are backed up by facts and logic.  If that's trolling, then so be it, but I don't think so.  But to say that a person that goes there and counters the lunacy is actually WORSE than the racist, sexist 4Chan bullshit that is posted there, is quite silly.  
    word
  • Options
    it is mad racist in there.  homophobic too
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    talkin about how they'd like to see Pencil Neck Schiffs funeral and what not.   keyboard warriors.  so goddamn BRAVE.
  • Options
    I got schooled on the Charlottesville HOAX over there, so I guess that's good,
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,728
    edited November 2019
    It's sounds mad cray over there yo. Not sure why you'd even bother to engage them. I could understand reading some of it out of morbid curiosity. I've watched segments of Trump rallies for that reason. But I wouldn't actually go to one and try to talk some sense into anyone. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    your comments on the previous page pointed to you, in my opinion, going there to intentionally start fights, not going there to discuss which inevitably turned into arguments. there's a difference. 

I have never been there, nor do i have any desire to, so I can't comment on the folks that post there. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    I'm looking forward to having a president who cares about mending our relationships with our allies and will work his/her butt off towards that end. Friends are very important and I don't want the next presidential term to have a pro-Russian president or be a Russian asset. I want a president who thinks about America every minute of every day. We have a lot of issues that need to be addressed and it's going to take a lot of hard work.

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    your comments on the previous page pointed to you, in my opinion, going there to intentionally start fights, not going there to discuss which inevitably turned into arguments. there's a difference. 

I have never been there, nor do i have any desire to, so I can't comment on the folks that post there. 
    Fight is a euphemism.  I can't actually start a fight.  Contrast that with someone can actually throw shit at a person in the street.  When it comes to posting online, I can't tell the difference between a fight, argument, counterpoint, etc.  If you are cussing someone out, well that's closer to trolling I think. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Fight is a euphemism.  I can't actually start a fight.  Contrast that with someone can actually throw shit at a person in the street.  When it comes to posting online, I can't tell the difference between a fight, argument, counterpoint, etc.  If you are cussing someone out, well that's closer to trolling I think. 
    I know. I was referring to intent. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    mrussel1 said:
    Why yes it is.  Surprised he doesn't just own it.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Hey I'm right here!  Why speak indirectly?  Trolling is baiting, I don't bait.  I speak directly.  As a contrast, one might say that you are trolling right now.  
  • Options
    Kat said:
    I'm looking forward to having a president who cares about mending our relationships with our allies and will work his/her butt off towards that end. Friends are very important and I don't want the next presidential term to have a pro-Russian president or be a Russian asset. I want a president who thinks about America every minute of every day. We have a lot of issues that need to be addressed and it's going to take a lot of hard work.

With all the misinformation on the internet now a days I think the days of the USA being the beacon of light are gone.

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Hey I'm right here!  Why speak indirectly?  Trolling is baiting, I don't bait.  I speak directly.  As a contrast, one might say that you are trolling right now.  
    Sorry.  Yes, going to a website to start arguments for fun is trolling.  It is what it is.  I kinda feel like they likely deserve it ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    Kat said:

With all the misinformation on the internet now a days I think the days of the USA being the beacon of light are gone.

Getting the thread back on topic here...
    Yes, that's possible so I think it'll be about our actions. Judge us by what we do, not what we say or what others say. Sound good? :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Sorry.  Yes, going to a website to start arguments for fun is trolling.  It is what it is.  I kinda feel like they likely deserve it ;)
    My arguments are on topic, relevant and contradict inaccurate information.  I argue in the precise way that I argue on this site.  The difference is that I'm the strong minority.  That's not trolling in my book.  So you're incorrect in your assessment.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    My arguments are on topic, relevant and contradict inaccurate information.  I argue in the precise way that I argue on this site.  The difference is that I'm the strong minority.  That's not trolling in my book.  So you're incorrect in your assessment.  
    Based on what you wrote, I don't think so.  But it doesn't matter.

Back on topic as Kat says - trump is a twitter troll.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    There is a difference between arguing and trolling.  Someone might learn something from an argument.  
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    edited November 2019
    When you support a racist in any way shape or form that makes you a racist as well. 

And in today's suprising presidential advisor is a white nationalist racist piece of shit news.....

• Options
    When you support a racist in any way shape or form that makes you a racist as well. 

And in today's suprising presidential advisor is a white nationalist racist piece of shit news.....

I hope something comes from this....that guy might be the most dangerous person in the admin

• Options
    Where are the supporters  of the currently elected president on here to defend this racist xenophobic piece of shit....
    https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2019/11/12/stephen-millers-affinity-white-nationalism-revealed-leaked-emails
  • Options

I keep seeing that statement...maybe its just from you over and over but I don;t remember. 

"When you support a racist in any way shape or form that makes you a racist as well"

I disagree with this.  So - if I help out an older relative who is racist by buying them groceries or something I'm racist?  I really hate how people try to draw a line and make something Yes/No or Black/White (no pun intended) when there is a lot of gray.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options

I keep seeing that statement...maybe its just from you over and over but I don;t remember. 

"When you support a racist in any way shape or form that makes you a racist as well"

I disagree with this.  So - if I help out an older relative who is racist by buying them groceries or something I'm racist?  I really hate how people try to draw a line and make something Yes/No or Black/White (no pun intended) when there is a lot of gray.  
    Yup that's me
    Borrowed and paraphrased from the Buddhists who say that when you support evil you are evil as well.
    Are there gray areas? Maybe
    I, for one, will not associate with anyone, family or otherwise, who is a known racist or anti-semite.
    No place for fear, hate, or ignorance in my life.
  • Options

Yup that's me
    Borrowed and paraphrased from the Buddhists who say that when you support evil you are evil as well.
    Are there gray areas? Maybe
    I, for one, will not associate with anyone, family or otherwise, who is a known racist or anti-semite.
    No place for fear, hate, or ignorance in my life.
    Not something I’d search out, but if someone I knew said something racist I think we’d talk about it instead of me cutting them out of my life. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
This discussion has been closed.