Options

Donald Trump

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    I really can't imagine how the repubs would react to this shit by a Democrat.  I know that my facebook feed would be full of outrage and fake memes.  

This is a really unusual time.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    It is NUTS.

Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Good for Nancy.  It seemed awfully close to a trope.
    I guess I need to do some learning, cause I don't really see what was that wrong.  Maybe I'm missing the bad tweet?  I mean it's ok to say the NRA influences legislation with $ but not ok to say pro-israeli lobbist/people influence people with $?  

So - someone that believes she needed to apologize, tell me why please.
    It's because of the basis of historic criticism of Jews; that they buy their influence,  politicians,  control the money supply,  etc. So any accusations of Jews connected to money is considered a trope.  It's similar to how there are some things that you can say about a white person but if you say the same about an African American,  it's considered a trope or overtly racist. 
    Thanks. I do find that to be ridiculous and extreme though. Nice way of avoiding criticism of lobbying. Crazy.

I wouldn’t have apologized for that. Lobbying is $ and all lobbyist do it...even those pro-Israel groups. 

if she had criticized other lobbyists in a similar fashion, fair enough...but I don't think she did. 
    So you have to criticize all lobbyist at the same time? I guess I see it as nothing more than a normal attack against lobbyists. I’d let future behavior show if it was actually anti-Semitic. 

haha, no, but given the sensitive nature of who she is criticizing and how, not to mention who she is (unfortunately that does play a part), I think a little more candor is applicable in this sense. 
    I agree.  She needs to be cautious considering the conflict between the two cultures. 
    In the overly sensitive world...you guys are probably right. But this hardly seems like a bad tweet to me. I’m not Jewish though...but it does seem people are taking offense pretty easily.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    republicans would have declared civil war if a democrat had done that. 
    Yes they would. This is crazy. The hypocrisy is disgusting
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    I guess I need to do some learning, cause I don't really see what was that wrong.  Maybe I'm missing the bad tweet?  I mean it's ok to say the NRA influences legislation with $ but not ok to say pro-israeli lobbist/people influence people with $?  

It's because of the basis of historic criticism of Jews; that they buy their influence,  politicians,  control the money supply,  etc. So any accusations of Jews connected to money is considered a trope.  It's similar to how there are some things that you can say about a white person but if you say the same about an African American,  it's considered a trope or overtly racist. 
    Thanks. I do find that to be ridiculous and extreme though. Nice way of avoiding criticism of lobbying. Crazy.

I wouldn’t have apologized for that. Lobbying is $ and all lobbyist do it...even those pro-Israel groups. 

if she had criticized other lobbyists in a similar fashion, fair enough...but I don't think she did. 
    So you have to criticize all lobbyist at the same time? I guess I see it as nothing more than a normal attack against lobbyists. I’d let future behavior show if it was actually anti-Semitic. 

haha, no, but given the sensitive nature of who she is criticizing and how, not to mention who she is (unfortunately that does play a part), I think a little more candor is applicable in this sense. 
    I agree.  She needs to be cautious considering the conflict between the two cultures. 
    In the overly sensitive world...you guys are probably right. But this hardly seems like a bad tweet to me. I’m not Jewish though...but it does seem people are taking offense pretty easily.

As a Jew, I'm not at all offended by Omar's tweets. In fact, I'm glad to see an American politician who isn't afraid to say a lobbyist for Israeli agendas might be responsible for the unearned positive media view of the country.

The trope thing is something that I just can't wrap my head around. If milk was shown to be unhealthy (either ambiguously or not) and yet Congress was pushing for more funding of the dairy board, who other than the lobbyist (the dairy board) and the paradoxical capitalist politician would be responsible for that push? Yet Israel gets a free pass about arguably evil behaviours because people have been racist in the past towards Jews? Fuck that shit. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

As a Jew, I'm not at all offended by Omar's tweets. In fact, I'm glad to see an American politician who isn't afraid to say a lobbyist for Israeli agendas might be responsible for the unearned positive media view of the country.

The trope thing is something that I just can't wrap my head around. If milk was shown to be unhealthy (either ambiguously or not) and yet Congress was pushing for more funding of the dairy board, who other than the lobbyist (the dairy board) and the paradoxical capitalist politician would be responsible for that push? Yet Israel gets a free pass about arguably evil behaviours because people have been racist in the past towards Jews? Fuck that shit. 
    Normally I would write this off as being the distinction between being Jewish and being a Zionist.  But I did hear some democratic congressman who aren't typically beholden to Israel express anger.  Im not defending it, just discussing what I've seen. 
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Amen brother
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Normally I would write this off as being the distinction between being Jewish and being a Zionist.  But I did hear some democratic congressman who aren't typically beholden to Israel express anger.  Im not defending it, just discussing what I've seen. 
    It's about votes, money, perception and a mentality in the democratic party to not rock the boat. Don't say anything remotely controversial right now because the GOP and media is so good about blowing it out of proportion.

While the GOP basically gets a pass because they are so fucked up and the bar is extremely low.

Don't do anything that could help get Trump elected.

I kind of get that, but I don't think being stale and playing it safe is the best move. The left has to quit eating it's own.
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

It's about votes, money, perception and a mentality in the democratic party to not rock the boat. Don't say anything remotely controversial right now because the GOP and media is so good about blowing it out of proportion.

While the GOP basically gets a pass because they are so fucked up and the bar is extremely low.

I kind of get that, but I don't think being stale and playing it safe is the best move. The left has to quit eating it's own.
    I agree with all of this
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The left has to unapologetically fight back. “Tell it like it is.” Call it out for what it is.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

The left has to unapologetically fight back. “Tell it like it is.” Call it out for what it is.

Dont forget our centrist friends and everyone in the middle
  • Options
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Agreed. F**k 'em.

You're not winning over that ridiculous mentality by playing nicely or turning the other cheek. When you wrestle with pigs you get muddy.

Bury them at the polls, unless you can't because the majority of the country likes what is happening to it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Pretty shocking that 1 out of 4 American Federation of Teachers members and 1 out of 3 members of the National Education Association members voted for Team Trump Treason. No wonder US primary and secondary education is a disgrace.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,631
    dignin said:
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

You're right but that doesn't make it wrong.  We have the moral high ground and we need to keep it. 
  • Options
    Pretty shocking that 1 out of 4 American Federation of Teachers members and 1 out of 3 members of the National Education Association members voted for Team Trump Treason. No wonder US primary and secondary education is a disgrace.
    Seems like a stretch 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Seems like a stretch 
    What or how?

Brilliantati©
  • Options

For a large part, they'd represent the values of their geographical culture no?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    So he is now talking as if some of the wall has been built.  Did I miss something or his he just feeding a pile of shit to a base that will eat it up?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options

For a large part, they'd represent the values of their geographical culture no?
    Assuming they themselves are educated, you might think they’d buck the trend or go against the grain? But I guess they’re just a product of their environment and go along to get along. Sad.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Seems Team Trump Treason needs to build a wall around Arkansas and get Kentucky to pay for it.

https://apple.news/Am3YYec7_TxK64kL99qOXJQ

Did anyone get the good Senator Tom “I’m a Warrior, Hear Me Roar” Cotton’s comments on the degradation of America at the hands of native, white born? When will the national emergency be announced? Make sure your am radio has batteries and listen for the beep.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    What's wrong with meth dealing murderous white supremacist biker gangs? Where else are we supposed to get our meth? Lol
  • Options
    Seems like a stretch 
    What or how?
    That ones political values have any affect on ones ability to teach math, etc.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Seems like a stretch 
    What or how?

Deosn't affect the ability to teach, but math is science at it's core.  Something many on the right have issue with.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    Seems like a stretch 
    What or how?

Deosn't affect the ability to teach, but math is science at it's core.  Something many on the right have issue with.
    Sure, several. But not all. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Seems like a stretch 
    What or how?

Because creationism is real, global climate change is not and they’re all indoctrinating our kids from birth into socialists. Sounds about right.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,299
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,546
    Wait I know this one....

Hillary!!
    Benghazi!!
    Emails!!
    Obama!!
    Dems!!!
    Liberals!!
    Caravans, diseases, and ms13 oh my!!
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    mrussel1 said:
    benjs said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I'm not sure I understand that anger whatsoever. And as for the Jewish-Zionist thing, Israel's intentionally pursued coupling Jewish and Zionist to meaning the same thing to use precisely this tactic for ages now (listen to Israeli presidents talk on global platforms about the "only safe home for Jews" or "your country too"), and it's as far from ethical for a country who regularly goes out of its way to share how moral it is.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Seems like a stretch 
    What or how?

Because creationism is real, global climate change is not and they’re all indoctrinating our kids from birth into socialists. Sounds about right.
    So you want ZERO republican teachers? (Keeping in mind that not all republicans are religious, not all republicans are climate change deniers, and your last comment about socialism makes zero sense).

hippiemom = goodness
This discussion has been closed.