Poll--The Weakest Link: VS, Round 1

1235»

Comments

• rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    Rats

I voted WMA. Not sure what the hate for Glorified G is.
    I bet top 3 are Daughter, Animal, and RVM.

Your finally three have a good shot but I was thinking Go, Animal, and RVM. Daughter might suffer from the "overplayed" or "too popular" backlash.
    Rats

JimmyV said:

I don't know that we should be voting just on the studio versions. Pearl Jam is a great live band. If we are selecting their greatest song it seems strange to pick and choose what evidence counts and what evidence doesn't.

Well, there's this:
    MedozK said:

We will play to determine the GREATEST song on the album Vs.

Fair enough but I don't listen to the studio versions anymore. In fact, I haven't even converted my CD's to mp3 format so there's also that inconvenience for this particular exercise. I do have live mixes of each album, however, so I can still at least hear them all as one grouping, I suppose.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129
    Blood

JimmyV said:

I don't know that we should be voting just on the studio versions. Pearl Jam is a great live band. If we are selecting their greatest song it seems strange to pick and choose what evidence counts and what evidence doesn't.

Well, there's this:
    MedozK said:

We will play to determine the GREATEST song on the album Vs.

Sure, but in many cases the choice between song A and song B won't be easy or even possible to make based on the album alone. Something needs to break ties. Pearl Jam is at their best when they are live. Many of the songs are at their best when they are played live. If we exclude live performances we aren't really choosing the greatest song. We are choosing the greatest studio version of a song.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    edited March 2017
    Rats
    It's too bad the initial post doesn't say "from the album Vs."
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,129
    Blood
    rummy said:

Does it matter? Either way these songs don't just live on the albums. For most of us many of our experiences with these songs aren't just what is recorded on the album. The live performances are important, IMO.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Rats
    JimmyV said:

rummy said:

Does it matter? Either way these songs don't just live on the albums. For most of us many of our experiences with these songs aren't just what is recorded on the album. The live performances are important, IMO.
    Oh, I'm on your side, for sure. I haven't listened to the studio versions in years.
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Dissident
    Poll is now closed
    with Glorified G, Rats and Dissident eliminated
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    Rats
    MedozK said:

Poll is now closed
    with Glorified G, Rats and Dissident eliminated

round 2 will be brutal
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com