Poll--The Weakest Link: VS, Round 1

Comments

• 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,137
    Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
    Love you Small town but..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Blood
    You think this round was tough... eesh... just wait.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Glorified G
    Cleveland, OH 4/25/2003
    Pittsburgh, PA 9/28/2005
    Cleveland, OH 5/20/2006
    Cincinnati, OH 6/24/2006
    Cleveland, OH 5/9/2010

"...too much noise inside the quiet..."
  • Blood

Glorified G

Doesn't count. Never clicked the button.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,845
    Blood
    Tough for sure, but man does Glorified G not get the credit it deserves. What a great guitar riff and it has a great groove to it.
  • Rats
    PJ_Soul said:

BSully said:

So sad...I always loved Glorified G and I just now realize how much in the minority I am on this...
    My eyes were opened today...

I don't love it, but like it quite a bit. I think it's the worst song on the album, but that doesn't make it a bad song. The whole album is great IMO. :) (I have to say, I don't listen to what Eddie thinks about his own music anymore. The day he said that he thinks Lightning Bolt is PJ's best album I lost all confidence in his taste in PJ music. Same with BoB. He said he thinks Sirens is PJ's best song since Black :weary: ).
    every band thinks their latest is their best. just like I think my lastest written song is my best. give it 10 years and his opinion will change.

BOB loves radio cheese. we all know that. that's why I (and many others) wish they'd go with a different producer.
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• whoanelly15whoanelly15 Posts: 740
    Glorified G

You GG haters suck.

BSully and I obviously rock better than you.

Glad that GG bastes your turkey. But I do fault that logic, considering that you voted out Blood, which rocks 1,337 times harder than GG. This has been empirically proven. So, nope!
  • Rats

Glorified G

BLOOD? are you out of your mind??????????

www.headstonesband.com

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    W.M.A.

Glorified G

He s 50 years old. Blood is way too hard for him. Dirty is now into songs like just breathe and sirens.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Blood

Glorified G

Your comment was not addressed to me but I also voted Blood. It is one of the few pre-2003 PJ songs that I'd never really liked a lot. Whipping is another tune. Great songs when you are in the mood to listen to something loud and angry, but that is it to me.
  • Blood
    mcgruff10 said:

Glorified G

He s 50 years old. Blood is way too hard for him. Dirty is now into songs like just breathe and sirens.
    Had to pick one.

I'm older. I'm smarter. You and Hugh need to follow my lead for the next round to avoid anything embarrassing.

Whoannelly15 you'd be wise to as well.

This... my friends... is what a good person does for others.

* My piece of pizza came out of the microwave and as I walked to my desk with it... I dropped it on the floor. I ate it anyways. I can't help escape the feeling I ingested some ignorant things..
  • Rats

mcgruff10 said:

Glorified G

Had to pick one.

I'm older. I'm smarter. You and Hugh need to follow my lead for the next round to avoid anything embarrassing.

* My piece of pizza came out of the microwave and as I walked to my desk with it... I dropped it on the floor. I ate it anyways. I can't help escape the feeling I ingested some ignorant things..
    I went to Wendy's last weekend, the top bun to my Baconater dropped to the floor of my van, inside (condiment side) DOWN. I ate that bitch anyway. And I survived to tell the tale.

www.headstonesband.com

• Blood

mcgruff10 said:

Glorified G

Had to pick one.

I went to Wendy's last weekend, the top bun to my Baconater dropped to the floor of my van, inside (condiment side) DOWN. I ate that bitch anyway. And I survived to tell the tale.
    I hear you. It was with 100% certainty I was slamming back that pizza. I was just extremely disappointed in myself for dropping it on the floor.

What a failure.
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Daughter
    Just got kind of burnt out on Daughter early on.
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Posts: 3,020
    Glorified G
    Dissident having 16 votes is crazy town!!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Blood

Seriously! It's like my #3 song all-time in their catalog. What the fuck, people?!?!!
  • Blood

Seriously! It's like my #3 song all-time in their catalog. What the fuck, people?!?!!
    You and me knew how to vote. These other people... sheesh man.
  • Glorified G

You have completely lost all credibility with that vote.
    I'm through with screaming
    edited March 2017
    Blood

Blood better than Glorified G? As Peter Griffin would say, "I've got two words for you, 'come on'."
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,896
    Glorified G

PJ_Soul said:

BSully said:

So sad...I always loved Glorified G and I just now realize how much in the minority I am on this...

I don't love it, but like it quite a bit. I think it's the worst song on the album, but that doesn't make it a bad song. The whole album is great IMO. :) (I have to say, I don't listen to what Eddie thinks about his own music anymore. The day he said that he thinks Lightning Bolt is PJ's best album I lost all confidence in his taste in PJ music. Same with BoB. He said he thinks Sirens is PJ's best song since Black :weary: ).
    every band thinks their latest is their best. just like I think my lastest written song is my best. give it 10 years and his opinion will change.

BOB loves radio cheese. we all know that. that's why I (and many others) wish they'd go with a different producer.
    Just Eddie said that. The rest of the band said other albums.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Blood
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BSully said:

That is an insult to Stone. If Stone was in the room when that was said he would have to roll his eyes. "Yeah, Ed, Ten was not as good as Lightning Bolt. Right. Too much time spent up in the tree smoking."
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    W.M.A.

You GG haters suck.

BSully and I obviously rock better than you.

Ha... I like it...
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Blood

Blood better than Glorified G? As Peter Griffin would say, "I've got two words for you, 'come on'."
    You tell em man.

You can tell who spent way too much time with Mary Jane judging by their voting patterns. It's obvious. Just freaking gawddamn obvious.
  • Dissident
    I have to make myself try and like Dissident everytime I hear it.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,430
    Blood

Just when I start to like you, Pjfan... :angry:
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,403
    W.M.A.

You chose blood as your first pick. Just when I start to like you dyer...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Rats
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

BSully said:

since LB was released, other band member have been quoted as saying it wasn't their best work?

www.headstonesband.com

• PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited March 2017
    Dissident

:lol:
    I am at least still trying and haven't given up on the song yet but for this poll it's gone in a flash for me.
  • MedozKMedozK Posts: 9,209
    Dissident
    Poll closes today.
    Glorified G, Rats and Dissident are in the lead for elimination, but it looks like anything can still happen.
  • rummyrummy Posts: 4,436
    edited March 2017
    Rats
    MedozK said:

Poll closes today.
    Glorified G, Rats and Dissident are in the lead for elimination, but it looks like anything can still happen.

I'm a bit floored that Dissident will likely go out in round 1. Would have e expected Leash or WMA instead.

Leash may have benefited from not being listed (measurement bias).
This discussion has been closed.