Options

FT Chicago/Boston duffle bag sealed for Wrigley 2013 bat cards

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456

Someone affected by this trader contacted Jeremy's local Olmstead Falls, OH USPS office. Unsurprisingly, they haven't heard about any postal worker getting arrested or even getting caught for opening packages. The person was advised to contact the Postal Inspector at https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/ and I suggest everyone else affected do the same.

This story is ever changing, and is quite obviously a blatant lie. Jeremy has been checking the boards all day long, and was around as of 7:30pm with random/sporadic responses to only a few of those affected, be a man and face up to the facts you tried scamming your fellow fans! There are AT LEAST 8 people affected (which doesnt count people who are trading on FB and don't check the 10C boards anymore). The 10C has to be reading this, can't they kill his membership? Jammers like this don't deserve to have the privilege to be in this fan club.

It looks like the ten club closed all of his threads except this one to prevent anymore problems.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    on2legs said:

It looks like the ten club closed all of his threads except this one to prevent anymore problems.

Really? Good on them... let's keep this thread kosher so they don't lock it up! I am glad they are watching us police ourselves :)

• Options
    iO letsgoiO letsgo Posts: 186
    yes, i noticed that all other posts had been closed as well. i guess he's still busy working and being the victim as i have not heard from him, not that i expect to at this point.

Jeremy Yerse, it's time to man up and face the music. send back the money and items that you stole
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,065
    After seeing this I might have to change my policy and do "goods and services" from now on...
  • Options
    The people who received empty boxes or received less than they were suppose to, when he provided tracking was it a picture of the receipt? Are you able to see what the weight of your package was when it was paid for?
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    Not that this thread needs any more gasoline, but if this is a scam, wouldn't sending empty boxes and tubes be a federal offense being that usps was used?
    Not sending goods is one thing, but using usps as part of the alleged crime is kicking it up a notch.
    I'm definitely not a lawyer, so who knows. Just a thought.
    Sorry for all those involved.
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,446

After seeing this I might have to change my policy and do "goods and services" from now on...

I always send for goods and services. Unless I know that the person is someone that I have spoken with and is a regular fixture on these forms.
    But then again dwhite76 was someone I spoke with on the phone from time to time and I still got burnt.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,403
    Goods and services; ALWAYS!!! No exceptions.

If you are so tight for cash that paying or losing out on the couple of dollars associated with the goods and services fee... Just saying.
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246

There was also the scammer with the koala pic that i lost out on and so did many others. Her name was heather but has never returned and never paid back the money. Her story was her nephew hacked her account. Note to scammers, use better stories

Its a real shame the only time i have been scammed on online international and domestic deals has been through the lost dogs forum.

This lovely lady got me! :angry:
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,853
    DavidD said:

I always send for goods and services. Unless I know that the person is someone that I have spoken with and is a regular fixture on these forms.
    But then again dwhite76 was someone I spoke with on the phone from time to time and I still got burnt.
    Ditto, Tempo. I made the mistake of sending Jeremy money via PayPal 'Family/Friends'. Unless he does right here looks like I may be SOL.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    So roughly how much $$$ has this guy run off with?? I think compiling stories and presenting to the cops is the best route. Good luck.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,792
    jjflash said:

DavidD said:

Ditto, Tempo. I made the mistake of sending Jeremy money via PayPal 'Family/Friends'. Unless he does right here looks like I may be SOL.
    you can still process a claim with paypal....I got scammed once too ( paid family and friends ) but paypal refunded me
    Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    No one should need the police to get their money back from Paypal, especially if there are multiple claims against the same account but I wouldn't hesitate contacting the police or nominating someone on behalf of the group to contact the police to make this piece of $#^%$&^ life a little harder. 8 people at $200 a pop may be enough to get their attention and at least pay him a visit or make a phone call.

This stuff chaps me, has someone spread the word on him on the Facebook groups?

"Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    I have not seen anything posted over there, but he is no longer in any of the groups, I think some of those were self imposed...

• Options
    thanks for all the input and suggestions of how to handle this unfortunate situation. i'll contact paypal but from now on it's definitely 'goods and services' for me.

PM me if you've been scammed by Jeremy as i'm interested in getting the total amount of stolen money and stolen/undelivered items before taking the next step
  • Options
    ED477ED477 Posts: 134
    iO letsgo, I'll let you know once the "package" arrives, to let everyone know what exactly comes in, but I paid $206. for TEN Deluxe Box Set, unopened. Let's see what arrives.
  • Options
    Jeremy is contacting (some) people affected and is stating he bought them a replacement duffel bag and is sending it. I'm sure whatever arrives won't be a duffel bag!

Why would he spend $200+ instead of just trading back his stuff.

Jeremy, don't dig yourself a deeper whole. You are not going to come out any better by doing so...
  • Options
    BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    I tried trading with this guy multiple times and his story never added up. He would post contradictory trades on here and Facebook. He even called me after sending a pic in a text and tried pressuring me into a trade. Glad I passed.
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,007

Jeremy is contacting (some) people affected and is stating he bought them a replacement duffel bag and is sending it. I'm sure whatever arrives won't be a duffel bag!

Why would he spend $200+ instead of just trading back his stuff.

Jeremy, don't dig yourself a deeper whole. You are not going to come out any better by doing so...

wowsers!
    Wonder what/who his contact is to be purchasing new bags...
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    Unreal that people do this shit. Like, what kind of person do you have to be to prey on others so openly and shamelessly??
  • Options
    clark_pclark_p Posts: 203
    edited March 2017

-
    Post edited by clark_p on
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,556
    I'll venture a guess and say he's staling because he's trying to conceal the funds while eliminating his back-up sources with Paypal. If it's too good to be true...

Don't waste your time. Contact the local police.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options

JY16960 phone number is ....if anyone needs it

I'd take this down and share privately. Mods don't like posting of private info.
  • Options

JY16960 phone number is ....if anyone needs it

I'd take this down and share privately. Mods don't like posting of private info.
    agreed. but thanks for the help, clark
  • Options
    Any one heard anything further?
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Oh fuck. Add me to the scam count. This guy is a fraud. And super pushy at that. I'm out 8 wrigley cards from 2013 including two cards I did not even want to trade because he was going to throw in extras and he's a flat out liar. All happened since last week. All his threads are closed except this one. Fuck that.
    Jeremy send me the cards you were delivered today, right back to me and make things right.
    GODDAMNIT we've been had.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options

Unreal that people do this shit. Like, what kind of person do you have to be to prey on others so openly and shamelessly??

Dude he was so pushy too. I've never had someone bother me on the phone like he did over a trade. What a bullshit story he made up. He needed everything quicker than I told him I would ship it, getting the cards professionally graded etc. what a liar.

For the record I know don white had made some bad deals a few years ago, he did make things right with me on the poster I sold him months later by sending it back to me. I wouldn't deal with him but at least he made it better.

This guy Jeremy though. God damn.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    Wma31394 said:

So roughly how much $$$ has this guy run off with?? I think compiling stories and presenting to the cops is the best route. Good luck.

Mine was a trade. So stupid. On the secondary market, probably $50-100 of wrigley 2013 cards including a stone bat card.

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I'd guess mine is about that too... about ~$100 on secondary market worth of cards/stickers. It was dumb- I had a weird feeling about it... I should've waited to send but I didn't. Hopefully he sends the stuff back...
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Because I'm in NE Ohio, should anything hit the news media about this, I could certainly post it. We have several news channels that have "investigators" who go out to right the wrong for those who have been scammed. Just saying that it may be an option for anyone desperate who isn't able to resolve this with the OP, reports to the post office (yes, it is a federal offense) or to the Olmsted Falls PD.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1