Options

FT Chicago/Boston duffle bag sealed for Wrigley 2013 bat cards

Comments

• Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    JY16960 said:

I have been updating as I can on this thread. Please understand that I am a victim here too. And I am having to take my time away from work to straighten this all out. I will contact each of you as I can to give you updates there are many people on here that I have traded with and can say that I am a good trader, have been on the opposite side of getting scammed. So I know how it feels. Will get your stuff straightened out or send back what ever was traded to me. Just give it a few days so I can get this all taken care of.

Can you at least tell us the post office where your issues arose, so we can call and verify?

Also, maybe you should stop continuing to make trades if you are so busy ;)
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,051
    or why you are still offering another duffle bag to others?
  • Options
    Interesting how you recently removed yourself from the official Pearl Jam Facebook group...
  • Options
    iO letsgoiO letsgo Posts: 186
    this isn't something you handle with sporadic posts in a thread. stop hiding and deal with this like a man, Jeremy
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Post office would never tell him all that information..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,434
    Trying to give the dude the benefit of the doubt, but wouldn't the post office refer him to the police?

If they had a staff member stealing, wouldn't people who had their items stolen get referred to the police to see about getting their stuff back?

Also, not sure what it's like in the US of A, but in Canada, it's a big deal to tamper with the mail. It wouldn't just be an issue of some petty theft charge, there would be multiple charges,so likely no one would be getting anything back cause it would need to be kept as evidence.

I hope we don't have another scammer in our midst, but if we do, I sure would like the mods to take some action and start revoking memberships for this sort of stuff. We police ourselves for the most part, but it sure seems more common, might help if there were more serious consequences.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    If this guys has a 1998 membership as his forum signup date suggests, it sure would be great if he got his 10c membership revoked for these shenanigans.
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,007
    edited March 2017

Probably one of these guys
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    scurtis said:

Trying to give the dude the benefit of the doubt, but wouldn't the post office refer him to the police?

If they had a staff member stealing, wouldn't people who had their items stolen get referred to the police to see about getting their stuff back?

Also, not sure what it's like in the US of A, but in Canada, it's a big deal to tamper with the mail. It wouldn't just be an issue of some petty theft charge, there would be multiple charges,so likely no one would be getting anything back cause it would need to be kept as evidence.

I hope we don't have another scammer in our midst, but if we do, I sure would like the mods to take some action and start revoking memberships for this sort of stuff. We police ourselves for the most part, but it sure seems more common, might help if there were more serious consequences.

I've dealt with the post office many times, many times just like this where a label had been created but does not show any movement. They would NEVER take responsibility without a post office scan..NEVER
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,446

DavidD said:

Is there anyway of starting a " I got scammed " Thread?
    Or will it just turn into a shitshow and get locked.
    So far we have
    jw234911
    dwhite76. Don white from Arizona. Still deals on Facebook. just a heads up.
    JY16960 ( we'll see what happens Wednesday )
    I'm sure there is more out there.

:confounded: what's the story with dwhite76? I've been near to make a trade with him
    Pm sent
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,446
    100 Pacer said:

DavidD said:

Is time a factor? Don ripped me off 3-4 years ago.

He's mentioned here so frequently...is there nothing he offers to do via the Facebook when questioned/confronted? Surely over the last 3-4 years he's managed to earn enough to pay back those he screwed over?
    He stopped responding to my messages and he doesn't come around anymore. Only in pm's. I'm not on face book. I think I'm going to dedicate a thread to him so that others understand that he's not to be trusted.
  • Options
    Release EVRelease EV Posts: 2,002
    edited March 2017
    There was also the scammer with the koala pic that i lost out on and so did many others. Her name was heather but has never returned and never paid back the money. Her story was her nephew hacked her account. Note to scammers, use better stories

Its a real shame the only time i have been scammed on online international and domestic deals has been through the lost dogs forum.
  • Options
    cmaliszecmalisze Posts: 2,626
    Update on jrw234911: I have had contact with him as of late. He has paid back a small portion of the money he owes me. Seems as if he fell off the wagon and spiraled out of control. If you are owed from him reach out. I THINK he will attempt to make it right.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    cmalisze said:

Update on jrw234911: I have had contact with him as of late. He has paid back a small portion of the money he owes me. Seems as if he fell off the wagon and spiraled out of control. If you are owed from him reach out. I THINK he will attempt to make it right.

Wrong Lost Dogs Scamming thread lol
    Post edited by Alpine Bound on
  • Options
    This guy is full of crap. I kicked him off the PJ sticker & collectibles Face Book page. He owes my friend money also. #Dufflebagscam.
  • Options
    tdm628426tdm628426 Posts: 62
    Scammed out of a bunch of cards myself
  • Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    Was everyone trading him for the same 2 duffle bags?
  • Options
    I traded for a Fenway "The Catch , what I got was an empty tube
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,561
    tdm628426 said:

Out of curiosity did the tube including tracking?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

tdm628426 said:

Yes
  • Options
    sdavissdavis Posts: 960
    I am curious to know what everyone thought they were trading for. If he tried to trade more than 2 bags or 1 of "The Catch" pretty much know he's full of it.
  • Options
    sdavis said:

I am curious to know what everyone thought they were trading for. If he tried to trade more than 2 bags or 1 of "The Catch" pretty much know he's full of it.

He was trading away my cards on here even as he knew I did not get the poster.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    tdm628426 said:

100 Pacer said:

tdm628426 said:

Yes
    That's what I was afraid of. He shipped out all these empty packages with tracking numbers because he thought he was being clever and covering his bases when Paypal comes calling with disputes and charge backs. He'll argue to Paypal he shipped everything out as promised and will provide the tracking numbers as proof citing confirmation of delivery. What this guy doesn't realize is he's not the 1st to try this scam and ultimately his greed blinds him to the fact multiple disputes and charge backs simultaneously demonstrate to Paypal a pattern of fraud and his tracking numbers will be disregarded as proof.

Everyone that's been scammed by this individual needs to band together immediately, tonight or tomorrow, establish the dollar amounts and description of items sent by each individual, what each individual was expecting to receive and what you ultimately didn't receive, then nominate one of you to contact the local police department in his home town and file a formal complaint and open a police report. You'll all need the assistance of the police for evidence when you move onto Paypal.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:

tdm628426 said:

100 Pacer said:

tdm628426 said:

Yes
    That's what I was afraid of. He shipped out all these empty packages with tracking numbers because he thought he was being clever and covering his bases when Paypal comes calling with disputes and charge backs. He'll argue to Paypal he shipped everything out as promised and will provide the tracking numbers as proof citing confirmation of delivery. What this guy doesn't realize is he's not the 1st to try this scam and ultimately his greed blinds him to the fact multiple disputes and charge backs simultaneously demonstrate to Paypal a pattern of fraud and his tracking numbers will be disregarded as proof.

Everyone that's been scammed by this individual needs to band together immediately, tonight or tomorrow, establish the dollar amounts and description of items sent by each individual, what each individual was expecting to receive and what you ultimately didn't receive, then nominate one of you to contact the local police department in his home town and file a formal complaint and open a police report. You'll all need the assistance of the police for evidence when you move onto Paypal.
    Unfortunately just a trade for me , no Paypal to help
  • Options
    You're still entitled to be included in the police report and with the right encouragement by the police he'll either send you back the item or reimburse you if you can demonstrate its' true dollar value.

• Options
    ED477ED477 Posts: 134
    As for me, he updated tracking info and USPS states "something" is on its way. I paid $206 through PayPal (goods and services) for a TEN box set (unopened). I will let everyone know here what arrives exactly. I have an escalated dispute claim through PayPal already in case the item does not come as it should.
  • Options
    ED477 said:

As for me, he updated tracking info and USPS states "something" is on its way. I paid $206 through PayPal (goods and services) for a TEN box set (unopened). I will let everyone know here what arrives exactly. I have an escalated dispute claim through PayPal already in case the item does not come as it should.

Do yourself a favor: pat yourself on the back for paying goods & services and reject the shipment. It'll make your charge back proceed all that much smoother. Take your money back and walk away. You have no idea what's in that package but it's almost certainly not what you're expecting.

• Options
    ED477ED477 Posts: 134
    100 Pacer, thank you. As I mentioned on anoth post, I already have the set, needed another as a gift. Found one for the same price at an on-line retailer but CHOSE to trust a fellow pj member (even after being burned by Joseph B for $175 last year) and figured perhaps with goods and services it was safe. He stated the "I've traded here and people can vouch" and I went ahead and did it. All this does it break the trust among us on the forum and give pj traders a bad name here. As I said I'll will let everyone know exactly what comes in the mail. Like I told him , I don't NEED it. But then I'm out the return postage too huh? Still come out losing, and on the official PJ forum, never would have thought. No wonder so many of the oldies have abandoned this forum.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Someone affected by this trader contacted Jeremy's local Olmstead Falls, OH USPS office. Unsurprisingly, they haven't heard about any postal worker getting arrested or even getting caught for opening packages. The person was advised to contact the Postal Inspector at https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/ and I suggest everyone else affected do the same.

This story is ever changing, and is quite obviously a blatant lie. Jeremy has been checking the boards all day long, and was around as of 10:40pm with random/sporadic responses to only a few of those affected, be a man and face up to the facts you tried scamming your fellow fans! There are AT LEAST 8 people affected (which doesnt count people who are trading on FB and don't check the 10C boards anymore). The 10C has to be reading this, can't they kill his membership? Jammers like this don't deserve to have the privilege to be in this fan club.

Post edited by Alpine Bound on
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited March 2017
    Just seems like a case of bad luck?? :i_dunno::get_outta_here::liar:
    Post edited by PP193448 on
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville