Options

***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,631
    Impeachment is not a popularity contest. Impeachment is not brought up because those who opposed the republican platform see this as the only way to oppose Trump and his party's shit policies. Impeachment is about the president committing high crimes and misdemeanors. Keep the politics and the potential committing of crimes, which I firmly believe occurred, separate.

The republican congress is unable to formulate, draft and pass legislation because for the past eight years they were the party of no and have no experience. Furthermore, their president, traditionally the leader of their party, is so far out of his element that he can't lead. Congress is not the same as working a Manhattan real estate deal via threats and intimidation. The art of the deal my ass. More like the shart of the deal.

You can't win elections with 37% of the vote unless a viable 3rd party candidate runs that is capable of garnering 15-20% of the vote.

T stands for unTenable.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,207
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:
    OK, so back to thread topic:

Other than a few people like the guy I saw today with Trump stickers emblazoned all over his nearly broken down truck who fully expects Trump will make it "great again", pretty much everyone (including, perhaps, even the President himself) knows Trump is probably the least effective, least qualified U.S. president EVER!

That said, I still don't think he should be impeached.  My thought is that we should leave him in office partly in due to, what, Pence is a better option? I don't think so, and the electoral college (that antiquated system) votes have not been challenged.  He won.  Yikes!--  but true, right.  He won.  Holy shit! 

No, I think we should press our other elected officials to do the utmost to keep the man in check, on the golf course, and out of as much trouble as possible.  I think we would do well to tell as many of ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE IN OFFICE (there are more than just the one with the title "President") to do their job right.  Don't write or call the White House.  Instead, write or call your representatives.  Get them moving in the right direction.  And leave Trump in office as a lesson to this country for being so lame as to elect (or if you didn't vote, let get elected) someone so totally unqualified for the office.  We would do well to face the consequences of poor choices and then start making better informed, bettered educated choices.  This country is a rotten brat that needs to learn responsibility, consequences and boundaries (and no, I don't mean a damn border fence).

OK, so maybe I'm full of crap.  If so, tell me what is faulty about my ideas above.  I wrote something similar to this in this thread a few days ago and got zero response.  That means everyone here pretty much thinks I'm full of shit (could be and I'll admit it, it wouldn't be the first time) or maybe I hit a nerve.  If I'm out to lunch, tell me why.  Lay it on me!
    I agree with everything except for the bold.  Unless by "a few" people like this guy, you mean "over half the country," then no, pretty much everyone does not know this.  And that's the frightening part.  Between his ardent supporters (1/3) digging their heels in further every time he embarrasses us and the ambivalent / "thank God no Hillary" crowd (1/3), maybe a third of us really get how terrible this is.

But he's not being impeached.  He's too popular within his party and, frankly, not un-popular enough in general.  I like the idea of making it clear to other elected officials that "you are our 'leaders' and it's on you to decide whether you are going to challenge this buffoon.  It's on you to weight party vs. country."  Of course, the problem is that they are also weighing their careers vs. country.  Right now, a republican is hurting his/her career by not falling in line with Trump.  So this strategy would go better with the bold.  If the bold were true, then your strategy would be perfect.  Since I firmly believe it's not and I firmly believe anti-Trump republicans could lose their seats (and maybe even get primaried in favor of pro-Trump), it's less effective. But what is effective?  America's too content with this right now.  But still, we should say "OK...time for the leaders to live and die with this guy" and hope the ambivalent third gets it. Because his dedicated followers will never be swayed.  Hopefully time awakens enough people...and since he is not going to be impeached, much less removed, it's kinda the only option.
    you really honestly think he is not getting impeached?  I think there is very little chance that he is not going be charged with a crime at some point.  When that happens it's over.  When Feds start to investigate they always get their guy.  They are just going to make sure all the Is are dotted and the Ts are crossed before they sign off.  The only possible way he lasts 4 years is if the investigation drags on and on and his term is up before impeachment can happen but I doubt that happens.  

and yes Pence, despite his crazy ideas, is a 1000x better option. at least he isn't a complete asshat like Trump. He would at least bring civility back to the Office.  
    The American people have handed the keys to the Trumps and don't want them back.  No; he's not getting impeached.  He's more likely to win in 2020 than to get impeached.  

Pence has worse ideas, but is at least a serious human being.  The bar is low. Yeah, he'd be a bit better, plus the rallying around Trump would not be there for him.  So I'd love it if Trump got removed...though I'd stay home for a few days because his base would fire bullets everywhere.  Speaking of his base; it's fully a third of the country.  Too many people to piss off, particularly if you're a GOP legislator.  

I'm not sure he's beatable in 2020, though not having Hillary against him helps.  But the focus is 2018 and then finding someone that can beat him.  Who that may be, I have no idea.  The Dems don't have a deep bench.
    he has the lowest approval rating of any President at this point in his term. how can you say the american people don't want the keys back? Even some of his base is turning on him at this point. Every time he opens his mouth and insults someone else he loses a bit more.

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,828
    edited June 2017
    "THE FIELD"
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:
    OK, so back to thread topic:

Other than a few people like the guy I saw today with Trump stickers emblazoned all over his nearly broken down truck who fully expects Trump will make it "great again", pretty much everyone (including, perhaps, even the President himself) knows Trump is probably the least effective, least qualified U.S. president EVER!

That said, I still don't think he should be impeached.  My thought is that we should leave him in office partly in due to, what, Pence is a better option? I don't think so, and the electoral college (that antiquated system) votes have not been challenged.  He won.  Yikes!--  but true, right.  He won.  Holy shit! 

No, I think we should press our other elected officials to do the utmost to keep the man in check, on the golf course, and out of as much trouble as possible.  I think we would do well to tell as many of ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE IN OFFICE (there are more than just the one with the title "President") to do their job right.  Don't write or call the White House.  Instead, write or call your representatives.  Get them moving in the right direction.  And leave Trump in office as a lesson to this country for being so lame as to elect (or if you didn't vote, let get elected) someone so totally unqualified for the office.  We would do well to face the consequences of poor choices and then start making better informed, bettered educated choices.  This country is a rotten brat that needs to learn responsibility, consequences and boundaries (and no, I don't mean a damn border fence).

OK, so maybe I'm full of crap.  If so, tell me what is faulty about my ideas above.  I wrote something similar to this in this thread a few days ago and got zero response.  That means everyone here pretty much thinks I'm full of shit (could be and I'll admit it, it wouldn't be the first time) or maybe I hit a nerve.  If I'm out to lunch, tell me why.  Lay it on me!
    I agree with everything except for the bold.  Unless by "a few" people like this guy, you mean "over half the country," then no, pretty much everyone does not know this.  And that's the frightening part.  Between his ardent supporters (1/3) digging their heels in further every time he embarrasses us and the ambivalent / "thank God no Hillary" crowd (1/3), maybe a third of us really get how terrible this is.

But he's not being impeached.  He's too popular within his party and, frankly, not un-popular enough in general.  I like the idea of making it clear to other elected officials that "you are our 'leaders' and it's on you to decide whether you are going to challenge this buffoon.  It's on you to weight party vs. country."  Of course, the problem is that they are also weighing their careers vs. country.  Right now, a republican is hurting his/her career by not falling in line with Trump.  So this strategy would go better with the bold.  If the bold were true, then your strategy would be perfect.  Since I firmly believe it's not and I firmly believe anti-Trump republicans could lose their seats (and maybe even get primaried in favor of pro-Trump), it's less effective. But what is effective?  America's too content with this right now.  But still, we should say "OK...time for the leaders to live and die with this guy" and hope the ambivalent third gets it. Because his dedicated followers will never be swayed.  Hopefully time awakens enough people...and since he is not going to be impeached, much less removed, it's kinda the only option.
    you really honestly think he is not getting impeached?  I think there is very little chance that he is not going be charged with a crime at some point.  When that happens it's over.  When Feds start to investigate they always get their guy.  They are just going to make sure all the Is are dotted and the Ts are crossed before they sign off.  The only possible way he lasts 4 years is if the investigation drags on and on and his term is up before impeachment can happen but I doubt that happens.  

and yes Pence, despite his crazy ideas, is a 1000x better option. at least he isn't a complete asshat like Trump. He would at least bring civility back to the Office.  
    The American people have handed the keys to the Trumps and don't want them back.  No; he's not getting impeached.  He's more likely to win in 2020 than to get impeached.  

Pence has worse ideas, but is at least a serious human being.  The bar is low. Yeah, he'd be a bit better, plus the rallying around Trump would not be there for him.  So I'd love it if Trump got removed...though I'd stay home for a few days because his base would fire bullets everywhere.  Speaking of his base; it's fully a third of the country.  Too many people to piss off, particularly if you're a GOP legislator.  

I'm not sure he's beatable in 2020, though not having Hillary against him helps.  But the focus is 2018 and then finding someone that can beat him.  Who that may be, I have no idea.  The Dems don't have a deep bench.
    he has the lowest approval rating of any President at this point in his term. how can you say the american people don't want the keys back? Even some of his base is turning on him at this point. Every time he opens his mouth and insults someone else he loses a bit more.

Reminds me of what people thought going into the 2016 election...Complacency could lead to a slap in the face in 2020. Of course, the wild card is that the Dems are unlikely (it's not even possible) to run someone as hated as Hillary next time.
    Impeachment is not a popularity contest. Impeachment is not brought up because those who opposed the republican platform see this as the only way to oppose Trump and his party's shit policies. Impeachment is about the president committing high crimes and misdemeanors. Keep the politics and the potential committing of crimes, which I firmly believe occurred, separate.

The republican congress is unable to formulate, draft and pass legislation because for the past eight years they were the party of no and have no experience. Furthermore, their president, traditionally the leader of their party, is so far out of his element that he can't lead. Congress is not the same as working a Manhattan real estate deal via threats and intimidation. The art of the deal my ass. More like the shart of the deal.

You can't win elections with 37% of the vote unless a viable 3rd party candidate runs that is capable of garnering 15-20% of the vote.

T stands for unTenable.
    Can impeachment happen without the GOP getting proactive?  If not, then we can't keep politics out of it.

I could not agree more iwth the bold.  Unfortunately his supporters, who have dug in their heels up to their chins, either don't get it or actually think it's a good thing that he's out of his element.  Either way, we underestimated this movement last fall and continue to do so.  The Dems can't just throw Tim Kaine out and expect to beat Trump.  They have to find someone that can motivate people like Obama did.

Is there a chance that the GOP starts to put country first?  Or that the middle (who is, thus far content) gets worn down by this un-presidential Shtick?  I suppose so.  Right now?  Forget about it. If we were magically given a do-over on the election; Trump wins again and maybe by a bigger margin. (But again, the next one won't include Hillary).
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,302
    edited June 2017

^

Let the investigation play out. I'm sure GOP will get proactive once/if collusion is confirmed and/or there is crazy shit on the tax returns....this will also mean his approval ratings will continue to plummet which would make it easier for the GOP to get a little more proactive.

Plus if the house if flipped in 2018, it would be a lot easier.

Give it time. Sit back and enjoy the ride....

Oh.....if he continues to act like a crazy, irrational lunatic who constantly makes things difficult for the GOP to push their agenda forward, there's always the 25th amendment.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,207
    edited June 2017

Can impeachment happen without the GOP getting proactive?  If not, then we can't keep politics out of it.

I could not agree more iwth the bold.  Unfortunately his supporters, who have dug in their heels up to their chins, either don't get it or actually think it's a good thing that he's out of his element.  Either way, we underestimated this movement last fall and continue to do so.  The Dems can't just throw Tim Kaine out and expect to beat Trump.  They have to find someone that can motivate people like Obama did.

Is there a chance that the GOP starts to put country first?  Or that the middle (who is, thus far content) gets worn down by this un-presidential Shtick?  I suppose so.  Right now?  Forget about it. If we were magically given a do-over on the election; Trump wins again and maybe by a bigger margin. (But again, the next one won't include Hillary).
    Do you think he is going to escape all criminal charges?  at the very least he is getting obstruction of justice and more likely there will  be financial crimes to be had. again the Feds don't miss.  once he is charged he will be forced out of office. Now sure the investigations could take a long time, but this guy and his team are as dirty as can be.  he has also pissed off the intelligence community, the media and our allies...or as we like to call them the 3 most likely people to bring down a Presidency.  I'm not sure anyone could stand up to the scrutiny he is now under let alone someone as smarmy, crooked and sinful as he is.  It's just a matter of when, not if.
    Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    Thanks for good, well thought out replies to my post on page 43.  Yes, if  he is convicted of crimes that warrant impeachment, then so be it.  But let's make very sure that this is the case and not try to impeach him on something vague or unproven.  That may prove to be difficult.  Besides, under the current system, it's almost a requirement to be at least a bit crooked to make it to that level in politics.  Or to almost any level for that matter, right?

OnWis97, I beg to disagree that "over half the country" favor Trump. Look at the polls and the drop in his popularity in only 5 or 6 months..  Look at the low voter turn out.  And don't forget, Clinton won more votes.  And I can't prove this, but I'll bet a lot of people who voted for Trump are inwardly embarrassed to have done so but don't want to admit it.  And it will only get worse.

I still say keep him in and learn a lesson.  We look so foolish to the rest of the world.  And shameful. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    brianlux said:
    Thanks for good, well thought out replies to my post on page 43.  Yes, if  he is convicted of crimes that warrant impeachment, then so be it.  But let's make very sure that this is the case and not try to impeach him on something vague or unproven.  That may prove to be difficult.  Besides, under the current system, it's almost a requirement to be at least a bit crooked to make it to that level in politics.  Or to almost any level for that matter, right?

OnWis97, I beg to disagree that "over half the country" favor Trump. Look at the polls and the drop in his popularity in only 5 or 6 months..  Look at the low voter turn out.  And don't forget, Clinton won more votes.  And I can't prove this, but I'll bet a lot of people who voted for Trump are inwardly embarrassed to have done so but don't want to admit it.  And it will only get worse.

I still say keep him in and learn a lesson.  We look so foolish to the rest of the world.  And shameful. 
    You may disagree with Pence on every single issue on the face of the planet, but the bottom line is he is a rational human being. The odds of him killing us all are less than that of the current dope in the Oval Office. To me, that is what matters most. Easy decision. 

Look how crazy the current president is. So many important issues right now from healthcare to ISIS to N Korea and he's got his mind fixated on the host of a morning cable news show. He's fucking crazy and that is dangerous.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,746
    brianlux said:

You may disagree with Pence on every single issue on the face of the planet, but the bottom line is he is a rational human being. The odds of him killing us all are less than that of the current dope in the Oval Office. To me, that is what matters most. Easy decision. 

Look how crazy the current president is. So many important issues right now from healthcare to ISIS to N Korea and he's got his mind fixated on the host of a morning cable news show. He's fucking crazy and that is dangerous.
    Good argument, Juggler.  He is a crazy fucker.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,828
    edited June 2017
    "THE FIELD"
    brianlux said:

I think this is fueling my pessimism and cynsicsm.  Look at how crazy he is and he does not have like 95% disapproval.  How is essentially all of his pre-election base still on board with this non-sense?  How are we as a nation not collectively-embarrassed enough that we are just talking about it on the streets because this is way different than polite acceptance of opposing views.  This clown is single-handedly* making a mockery of a once-revered office.  He's unprofessional, un-presidential, disinterested, using the office to stroke his ego to the point of indifference to the country he's supposed to be serving.  Anything else? Oh yeah, grotesquely unqualified.   And, overall, as a country, we are not horrified by it.  Yeah, he's polarizing but overall?  Contentment.  And it should just be common knowledge at the office, at the ballgame, at the gym, and anywhere else you go, that this is at best an embarrassment and at worst a legitimate threat to our future.

*Sadly, that's not true.  It's not single-handed.  His team and his party are enablers and participants.  SAD!
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    ^
    Lowest approval rating of anyone other than Ford at this point in his tenure. I know it seems like it's been years but it's not even 6 months. That approval is only going to drop...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ^
    Lowest approval rating of anyone other than Ford at this point in his tenure. I know it seems like it's been years but it's not even 6 months. That approval is only going to drop...
    Unless he wags the dog.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

I think this is fueling my pessimism and cynsicsm.  Look at how crazy he is and he does not have like 95% disapproval.  How is essentially all of his pre-election base still on board with this non-sense?  How are we as a nation not collectively-embarrassed enough that we are just talking about it on the streets because this is way different than polite acceptance of opposing views.  This clown is single-handedly* making a mockery of a once-revered office.  He's unprofessional, un-presidential, disinterested, using the office to stroke his ego to the point of indifference to the country he's supposed to be serving.  Anything else? Oh yeah, grotesquely unqualified.   And, overall, as a country, we are not horrified by it.  Yeah, he's polarizing but overall?  Contentment.  And it should just be common knowledge at the office, at the ballgame, at the gym, and anywhere else you go, that this is at best an embarrassment and at worst a legitimate threat to our future.

*Sadly, that's not true.  It's not single-handed.  His team and his party are enablers and participants.  SAD!
    Why is his base not leaving him?  Two reasons, I think. First, a good chunk of them literally don't hear about much of this. The media they consume just doesn't cover it, and when things are big enough that they have to, they can spin it so it's part of the lefty witch hunt. You think everybody reads the NYT or Washington Post? Those guys are getting their news from twitter and they have no idea what they aren't hearing. 

Second, the US prides itself on the rugged-individual-beholden-to-nobody-tells-it-like-it-is ethos. This is where that leads. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

Why is his base not leaving him?  Two reasons, I think. First, a good chunk of them literally don't hear about much of this. The media they consume just doesn't cover it, and when things are big enough that they have to, they can spin it so it's part of the lefty witch hunt. You think everybody reads the NYT or Washington Post? Those guys are getting their news from twitter and they have no idea what they aren't hearing. 

Second, the US prides itself on the rugged-individual-beholden-to-nobody-tells-it-like-it-is ethos. This is where that leads. 
    This and a total disconnect from reality.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Amazing, isn't it? The black, Muslim, socialist, Marxist Kenyan didn't rape America or take your guns? 

https://m.dailykos.com/story/2017/1/11/1619079/-Comparing-Presidential-Administrations-by-Arrests-and-Convictions-A-Warning-for-Trump-Appointees

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    brianlux said:

A rational man would have no problem having dinner with a woman or in a room with woman who is not his wife.

He's just a different kind of crazy.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:

A rational man would have no problem having dinner with a woman or in a room with woman who is not his wife.

He's just a different kind of crazy.
    Crazy is as crazy does, Talib.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Let us not forget that the 25th amendment is one of many winding roads that may also lead to impeachment/resignation:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4655964/Democrats-lay-foundation-remove-Trump-mental-grounds.html
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Pretty big Wall Street Journal piece coming out tonight.

All roads lead to Flynn...

When Trump is extra crazy on twitter, it usually is a distraction of some sorts. This story could turn out to be pretty big. 

Smith died of unknown causes 10 days after talking to the WSJ reporter....stay tuned folks. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

Pretty big Wall Street Journal piece coming out tonight.

All roads lead to Flynn...

When Trump is extra crazy on twitter, it usually is a distraction of some sorts. This story could turn out to be pretty big. 

Smith died of unknown causes 10 days after talking to the WSJ reporter....stay tuned folks. 
    Good point.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I think people should erase any hope of the 25th amendment being used for impeachment or resignation. If you think it's hard building a collusion case impartially, imagine how difficult it would be to prove a mental instability. You can't just point to twitter and say that he's mad. That's a vote folks in the moderate world wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole politically. 
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,168
    we are living in the era of the Mad King

Trump's "repeal now, replace later" is the new "burn them all!!"
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options

Or let them eat cake.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    I think people should erase any hope of the 25th amendment being used for impeachment or resignation. If you think it's hard building a collusion case impartially, imagine how difficult it would be to prove a mental instability. You can't just point to twitter and say that he's mad. That's a vote folks in the moderate world wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole politically. 
    It is the longest of long shots in the road to impeachment. But there are many avenues.....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    edited July 2017
    I'm not convinced Bernie would have won either. America isn't ready for that kind of progress yet.
    Yeah, we aren't ready to Venezuela just yet.
    Right. We're Venezuela and Greece when it's convenient to fit your views, but we're not Norway and the Netherlands when it doesn't fit.
    Post edited by unsung on
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited July 2017

Or let them eat cake.
    Now a days some people would ask if it's gluten free and would complain they're being discriminated against if it wasn't.
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    Lousy quote system.

Thanks for agreeing with another of my points.
  • Options
    So Trump admin now purposely putting out false documents to trick the media? Good on Maddow for doing her research...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    So Trump admin now purposely putting out false documents to trick the media? Good on Maddow for doing her research...
    Seeing how well it worked for GWB, why not? Is there any doubt that Russia meddled? Oh yea, "other countries and people." Obamahillaryberniehate and 3 million of them.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    SO......... you met with an influential Russian lawyer..... with ties to the Kremlin...in Trump Tower....in the middle of the campaign...in secret... to talk about......adoption?

Got it.

chinese-happy.jpg