Options

***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    "THE FIELD"
    ^^^
    The only slithering thing of this impending impeachment is the snails pace that desperately wants traction. Alas, there is none. The fake news retraction solidified the progress.

It's actually moving pretty fast. Took the president less than six months to fall under investigation for obstruction of justice. It took Nixon like six years.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    ^^^
    What is moving pretty fast?  The impeachment charges?

• Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,162
    ^^^
    What is moving pretty fast?  The impeachment charges?

the investigation.

investigation has to be completed before any charges can be filed.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    ^^^
    True.  The never ending investigation though.....

• Options
    ^^^

we need the popcorn emoticon from the old boards.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    ^^^

Agreed.  This is the best I can do.

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    JC29856 said:
    for those that are younger fans...when was lead singer vocal about Democratic bombs dropping down? let's estimate 100,000 bombs that don't know whose side their on
    written when bush and cheney were in office.
    I'm only saying this because you know I'm just busting your balls and not being a super geek- but Insignificance was written while Clinton was in office. So, to the poster asking when Ed did that, 2000 is your answer. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    House Committee is now wanting to talk to Trump's body guard, whose been by his side for the last 3 decades. 

Investigation continues to widen...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

Pretty big Wall Street Journal piece coming out tonight.

All roads lead to Flynn...

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,611

Makes sense then that Pence replaced his Personnel Director or Chief of Staff. Must be getting ready to take the Oval Office.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    ^^^

All the old emojis are here - just copy the url next to each one in the 4th post down and paste like any other image.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/256952/anybody-have-a-link-to-our-old-smiley-friends

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2017
    House Committee is now wanting to talk to Trump's body guard, whose been by his side for the last 3 decades. 

Widen?  I would say stretch.  It has to because it has nothing where it's looking so far.  Any day now they should find something right?
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    for those that are younger fans...when was lead singer vocal about Democratic bombs dropping down? let's estimate 100,000 bombs that don't know whose side their on
    I'm only saying this because you know I'm just busting your balls and not being a super geek- but Insignificance was written while Clinton was in office. So, to the poster asking when Ed did that, 2000 is your answer. 
    i could be wrong, but i thought he was talking about "here's to the state of george w" from the story tellers. "bombs that fall on children don't know which side, don't care which side, that they're on."

• Options

rumor is that gop operator in trump's campaign that was connected to flynn had been in contact with russian hackers during the campaign. trump campaign wanted to get clinton emails from the hackers from flynn's connections.

if that is true, all hell is going to break loose.

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    ^^^

Do some research for once.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    "THE FIELD"

Widen?  I would say stretch.  It has to because it has nothing where it's looking so far.  Any day now they should find something right?
    You have no idea what they have found and what they haven't. None of us do.

• Options
    "THE FIELD"
    ^^^

I'm trying to be patient, but I'm really starting to think you're just trolling for attention. These investigations can take YEARS. Whitewater took SEVEN (and guess what? It ended up in an impeachment).

You're basically saying since Robert Mueller didn't find a Russian hacker in the White House break room within 15 minutes of taking over, the investigation is taking too long. (Also, there's a 50-50 chance they probably DID find a hacker in the White House break room. Depends on what day they looked)

• Options
    PJfanwillneverleave1PJfanwillneverleave1 Posts: 12,885
    edited June 2017

All I know is that the fake news continues to find nothing about President Trump that will lead to impeachment.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478

All I know is that the fake news continues to find nothing about President Trump that will lead to impeachment.

the "fake news" is FOX.....but, you know that.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

the "fake news" is FOX.....but, you know that.

According to your vote you have six months left.  Time will tell.
  • Options
    JC29856 said:
    i could be wrong, but i thought he was talking about "here's to the state of george w" from the story tellers. "bombs that fall on children don't know which side, don't care which side, that they're on."
    Ahhhhh. I didn't think of that. Score one for you on this one. 
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,732
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^

All the old emojis are here - just copy the url next to each one in the 4th post down and paste like any other image.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/256952/anybody-have-a-link-to-our-old-smiley-friends

I love these guys...

and all their  smiley friends!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^

I love these guys...

Thank you. I was working w/ an old link from FrankieG http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    ^^^

I love these guys...

Thank you. I was working w/ an old link from FrankieG http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
    I think FrankieG's link was impeached.  (Thread integrity!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    edited June 2017
    OK, so back to thread topic:

Other than a few people like the guy I saw today with Trump stickers emblazoned all over his nearly broken down truck who fully expects Trump will make it "great again", pretty much everyone (including, perhaps, even the President himself) knows Trump is probably the least effective, least qualified U.S. president EVER!

That said, I still don't think he should be impeached.  My thought is that we should leave him in office partly in due to, what, Pence is a better option? I don't think so, and the electoral college (that antiquated system) votes have not been challenged.  He won.  Yikes!--  but true, right.  He won.  Holy shit! 

No, I think we should press our other elected officials to do the utmost to keep the man in check, on the golf course, and out of as much trouble as possible.  I think we would do well to tell as many of ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE IN OFFICE (there are more than just the one with the title "President") to do their job right.  Don't write or call the White House.  Instead, write or call your representatives.  Get them moving in the right direction.  And leave Trump in office as a lesson to this country for being so lame as to elect (or if you didn't vote, let get elected) someone so totally unqualified for the office.  We would do well to face the consequences of poor choices and then start making better informed, bettered educated choices.  This country is a rotten brat that needs to learn responsibility, consequences and boundaries (and no, I don't mean a damn border fence).

OK, so maybe I'm full of crap.  If so, tell me what is faulty about my ideas above.  I wrote something similar to this in this thread a few days ago and got zero response.  That means everyone here pretty much thinks I'm full of shit (could be and I'll admit it, it wouldn't be the first time) or maybe I hit a nerve.  If I'm out to lunch, tell me why.  Lay it on me!

• Options
    brianlux said:

Other than a few people like the guy I saw today with Trump stickers emblazoned all over his nearly broken down truck who fully expects Trump will make it "great again", pretty much everyone (including, perhaps, even the President himself) knows Trump is probably the least effective, least qualified U.S. president EVER!

That said, I still don't think he should be impeached.  My thought is that we should leave him in office partly in due to, what, Pence is a better option? I don't think so, and the electoral college (that antiquated system) votes have not been challenged.  He won.  Yikes!--  but true, right.  He won.  Holy shit! 

No, I think we should press our other elected officials to do the utmost to keep the man in check, on the golf course, and out of as much trouble as possible.  I think we would do well to tell as many of ALL THE OTHER PEOPLE IN OFFICE (there are more than just the one with the title "President") to do their job right.  Don't write or call the White House.  Instead, write or call your representatives.  Get them moving in the right direction.  And leave Trump in office as a lesson to this country for being so lame as to elect (or if you didn't vote, let get elected) someone so totally unqualified for the office.  We would do well to face the consequences of poor choices and then start making better informed, bettered educated choices.  This country is a rotten brat that needs to learn responsibility, consequences and boundaries (and no, I don't mean a damn border fence).

OK, so maybe I'm full of crap.  If so, tell me what is faulty about my ideas above.  I wrote something similar to this in this thread a few days ago and got zero response.  That means everyone here pretty much thinks I'm full of shit (could be and I'll admit it, it wouldn't be the first time) or maybe I hit a nerve.  If I'm out to lunch, tell me why.  Lay it on me!
    I don't think you're full of shit. I think it's just very basic and it's what I'd expect to happen to any president, Democrat or Republican- if it is proven that the president engaged in illegal behavior, the president should be impeached. It's that simple. I think these investigations are warranted. There is an awful lot of smoke surrounding this president- most of it self inflicted upon himself because of a reckless personality. I'm not certain that collusion will be found with Russia linked directly to the president, but there's definitely something in his past that he is trying to cover up. Maybe it's money laundering or deals with shady people, I don't know. Everything he does and says reads of a desperate man with something to hide. His past is what I believe will be his fall from grace, and that's too bad. He can scream witch hunt all he wants, but he is literally the person handing out pitchforks while flying around on a broom. It's all ego driven and self inflicted. Just like Nixon. 
    I kind of went off there, but that's as simple as I can put it. If the president did something illegal- he's got to go. If not, he won the election and we will have him until 2021 or later. 
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,206
    brianlux said:

Brian, I've voiced a nearly identical opinion on this thread and a few others over the past month. The majority of liberal America wants nothing to do with anything political right now except bashing Trump and looking for every possible way to impeach him. The more time goes on the response just becomes "it's only been 3 months, give it time." and now it's "it's only been 6 months, give it time." And soon enough it will be "it's only been a year, give it time." And so it will continue until a candidate has to be put up in 2 years or so and nothing will have been done to address our own problems other than to make the opposition look worse by comparison, which worked so well this past November.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    "THE FIELD"
    brianlux said:

I agree with everything except for the bold.  Unless by "a few" people like this guy, you mean "over half the country," then no, pretty much everyone does not know this.  And that's the frightening part.  Between his ardent supporters (1/3) digging their heels in further every time he embarrasses us and the ambivalent / "thank God no Hillary" crowd (1/3), maybe a third of us really get how terrible this is.

But he's not being impeached.  He's too popular within his party and, frankly, not un-popular enough in general.  I like the idea of making it clear to other elected officials that "you are our 'leaders' and it's on you to decide whether you are going to challenge this buffoon.  It's on you to weight party vs. country."  Of course, the problem is that they are also weighing their careers vs. country.  Right now, a republican is hurting his/her career by not falling in line with Trump.  So this strategy would go better with the bold.  If the bold were true, then your strategy would be perfect.  Since I firmly believe it's not and I firmly believe anti-Trump republicans could lose their seats (and maybe even get primaried in favor of pro-Trump), it's less effective. But what is effective?  America's too content with this right now.  But still, we should say "OK...time for the leaders to live and die with this guy" and hope the ambivalent third gets it. Because his dedicated followers will never be swayed.  Hopefully time awakens enough people...and since he is not going to be impeached, much less removed, it's kinda the only option.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,203
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

I agree with everything except for the bold.  Unless by "a few" people like this guy, you mean "over half the country," then no, pretty much everyone does not know this.  And that's the frightening part.  Between his ardent supporters (1/3) digging their heels in further every time he embarrasses us and the ambivalent / "thank God no Hillary" crowd (1/3), maybe a third of us really get how terrible this is.

But he's not being impeached.  He's too popular within his party and, frankly, not un-popular enough in general.  I like the idea of making it clear to other elected officials that "you are our 'leaders' and it's on you to decide whether you are going to challenge this buffoon.  It's on you to weight party vs. country."  Of course, the problem is that they are also weighing their careers vs. country.  Right now, a republican is hurting his/her career by not falling in line with Trump.  So this strategy would go better with the bold.  If the bold were true, then your strategy would be perfect.  Since I firmly believe it's not and I firmly believe anti-Trump republicans could lose their seats (and maybe even get primaried in favor of pro-Trump), it's less effective. But what is effective?  America's too content with this right now.  But still, we should say "OK...time for the leaders to live and die with this guy" and hope the ambivalent third gets it. Because his dedicated followers will never be swayed.  Hopefully time awakens enough people...and since he is not going to be impeached, much less removed, it's kinda the only option.
    you really honestly think he is not getting impeached?  I think there is very little chance that he is not going be charged with a crime at some point.  When that happens it's over.  When Feds start to investigate they always get their guy.  They are just going to make sure all the Is are dotted and the Ts are crossed before they sign off.  The only possible way he lasts 4 years is if the investigation drags on and on and his term is up before impeachment can happen but I doubt that happens.  

and yes Pence, despite his crazy ideas, is a 1000x better option. at least he isn't a complete asshat like Trump. He would at least bring civility back to the Office.  
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    "THE FIELD"
    pjhawks said:
    OnWis97 said:
    brianlux said:

you really honestly think he is not getting impeached?  I think there is very little chance that he is not going be charged with a crime at some point.  When that happens it's over.  When Feds start to investigate they always get their guy.  They are just going to make sure all the Is are dotted and the Ts are crossed before they sign off.  The only possible way he lasts 4 years is if the investigation drags on and on and his term is up before impeachment can happen but I doubt that happens.  

and yes Pence, despite his crazy ideas, is a 1000x better option. at least he isn't a complete asshat like Trump. He would at least bring civility back to the Office.  
    The American people have handed the keys to the Trumps and don't want them back.  No; he's not getting impeached.  He's more likely to win in 2020 than to get impeached.  

Pence has worse ideas, but is at least a serious human being.  The bar is low. Yeah, he'd be a bit better, plus the rallying around Trump would not be there for him.  So I'd love it if Trump got removed...though I'd stay home for a few days because his base would fire bullets everywhere.  Speaking of his base; it's fully a third of the country.  Too many people to piss off, particularly if you're a GOP legislator.  

I'm not sure he's beatable in 2020, though not having Hillary against him helps.  But the focus is 2018 and then finding someone that can beat him.  Who that may be, I have no idea.  The Dems don't have a deep bench.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin