Options

***DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED***

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    fuck I'd love to see that asshole go to prison. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,773
    This ought to be fun: just getting to work for a 9 hour shift with a SUPER right wing (who claims to be in the middle) guy. We will be sharing a 10'x16' pulpit for the entire turn. I never bring up politics to him. But, he will bring it up daily. I usually try to just ignore it and let him talk.

One time, we were discussing things when he said "Trump has done everything he said he was going to do." I couldn't help myself, and busted out laughing. He took offense to that. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    When talking to those who feel it necessary to share the good word, I usually say it's the relentless lying of easily checkable facts that bothers me.   If that was your wife or your boyfriend, you'd never put up with it.   That or "I don't get it." on repeat. 

It's literally impossible for the afflicted to yammer their way into Don Trump being right.
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,824
    "THE FIELD"
    It’s difficult to win an argument with a smart person but it’s flat impossible to win an argument with a stupid person.  Don’t bother.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    This ought to be fun: just getting to work for a 9 hour shift with a SUPER right wing (who claims to be in the middle) guy. We will be sharing a 10'x16' pulpit for the entire turn. I never bring up politics to him. But, he will bring it up daily. I usually try to just ignore it and let him talk.

One time, we were discussing things when he said "Trump has done everything he said he was going to do." I couldn't help myself, and busted out laughing. He took offense to that. 
    If Bernie or Warren said that they could give every American healthcare and Canada will pay for it...I would say they are fucking idiots and never vote for them.

Mexico paying for a wall is totally believable though.  Trumpletons aren't deep thinkers.
  • Options
    Not so bad so far. Just a comment about the hole in the ozone has been shrinking. An obvious reference to the comments before that global warming is fake and glaciers are not melting at a faster rate than they were in prior decades.

And an out loud question to himself: "I wonder if we're still going to buy Greenland."

But then again, it seems most Trumpets seem to be quiet right about now, unless provoked. GENERALLY, they seem to be the ones who provoke, sooo...everything's as cool as can be in a peaceful world.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,805

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    I feel like I've gotten so excited and bought in to this whole process that my hopes have officially gotten up. 

But the oast 3 years have proven this damned dirty ape to be invincible. Crazy and outlandish things are now seen as "it's just trump being trump, nbd." This belief scares the shit out of me. I also have a very real fear that, if not impeached (I do not believe he will resign) the he will absolutely get re-elected. 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    "THE FIELD"
    He got Bad Daddy. Now he really is invincible. No way he loses.
  • Options
    He got Bad Daddy. Now he really is invincible. No way he loses.
    nah man I ain't buyin it.

https://youtu.be/AmlwCEEh37s
  • Options
    millennials don't give a fuck.  they busy.  they don't know who Barry Bonds is.

oh...and too many millions of people hate that worthless POS and see through his nonstop nonsense.  #ITMFA

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Excuse me, but raids in which US troops storm the gates and "get"  the "enemy" leader?  Approved by this idiot?  I'll think I'll pass.

Did he throw you off with the okey doke of pulling troops out of Syria AND THEN doing the mission in NW Syria?  

"It was like a movie."  What a compromised moron.

Shoutout to the Russians, though.    BALLSY.
    Post edited by ikiT on
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,637
    ikiT said:
    When talking to those who feel it necessary to share the good word, I usually say it's the relentless lying of easily checkable facts that bothers me.   If that was your wife or your boyfriend, you'd never put up with it.   That or "I don't get it." on repeat. 

It's literally impossible for the afflicted to yammer their way into Don Trump being right.
    Maga position: if they’re exposed to trump news of him lying outside of their bubble, it’s fake news, it’s out of context, it's him joking, or he’s trolling the libs. 
  • Options
    Take me out to the ball game indeed.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Voting this week.

Giddy the fuck up, Nancy. Hell yeah. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Pretty nervous now...
  • Options
    lt col, expert on Ukraine, with nsa was on the call , testifies later today...... opening statement linked in the article..

Army Officer Who Heard Trump’s Ukraine Call Reported Concerns https://nyti.ms/31Zbubf

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    mickeyrat said:
    lt col, expert on Ukraine, with nsa was on the call , testifies later today...... opening statement linked in the article..

Army Officer Who Heard Trump’s Ukraine Call Reported Concerns https://nyti.ms/31Zbubf

His opening statement is brilliant and factual like all the others.  Should just be another nail in the coffin

Facts don't matter to the GOP congress unfortunately.
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    mickeyrat said:

His opening statement is brilliant and factual like all the others.  Should just be another nail in the coffin

facts matter when it serves their interest.

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Smellyman said:
    mickeyrat said:

Seems like it takes a hell of a lot of smoke to convince a Republican of a fire in their house.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    "THE FIELD"
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-panel-speculates-that-alexander-vindman-latest-trump-impeachment-witness-committed-espionage

I’m old enough to remember when Republicans deferred to military personnel. Now members of the Party of Trump will trash anyone that isn’t in lock step with Dear Leader. Authoritarianism is on the table.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    benjs said:
    Smellyman said:
    mickeyrat said:

Seems like it takes a hell of a lot of smoke to convince a Republican of a fire in their house.
    Smoke? The house has burnt down, they just weren't there to witness it so it didn't happen.
  • Options

• Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303

The omissions, Colonel Vindman said, included Mr. Trump’s assertion that there were recordings of former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. discussing Ukraine corruption, and an explicit mention by Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelensky, of Burisma Holdings, the energy company whose board employed Mr. Biden’s son Hunter.

• Options
    "THE FIELD"
    How is the vote gonna go?  If it fails, it’ll have the effect of a mandate.  Not one member of the Party of Trump will vote for it.  Can the Dems do it?
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    "THE FIELD"
    OnWis97 said:
    How is the vote gonna go?  If it fails, it’ll have the effect of a mandate.  Not one member of the Party of Trump will vote for it.  Can the Dems do it?

You're referring to the House resolution approving the continuance of the inquiry and the rules for the next phase?

Typically a House Speaker will never put the vote to the Floor without knowing in advance it has the votes to pass.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    OnWis97 said:
    It will pass the House but as of now not in the Senate
  • Options
    "THE FIELD"
    OnWis97 said:
    It will pass the House but as of now not in the Senate
    I was referring to the House.  It doesn't take too many Dems scarred of the devotion to Trump to tip the scales...though I understand this is why  Nancy and Co. were so deliberate with the process.  

Yeah, I know that it probably won't pass the Senate up to and including shooting someone on 5th Avenue, but that's expected.  Not passing the House would be a validation of the Best President Ever.