• Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

fuck your wall mr trump. fuck your wall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPo2B-vjZ28

What a beautiful work of fiction.
    Holy shit, I thought it was a documentary. Thanks for the heads up.
    Any time! I know some people believe everything they see on TV, so it's important to educate them that the main goal of a commercial is to entice an emotional attachment to the product behind said commercial. If only they had added a puppy...
  • Options
    vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,426
    PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

Any time! I know some people believe everything they see on TV, so it's important to educate them that the main goal of a commercial is to entice an emotional attachment to the product behind said commercial. If only they had added a puppy...
    exactly. i just happen to need a custom door for a remodel. guess who specializes in custom doors?
  • Options
    vaggar99 said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

exactly. i just happen to need a custom door for a remodel. guess who specializes in custom doors?
    I have a local dude that does a pretty good job. I have never asked his political opinion, but I personally prefer to support local/small business whenever possible. Have you called around for estimates or are you going with 84 Lumber due to their emotional fishing commercial? If so, I guess they are getting their money's worth from their marketing department.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

I have a local dude that does a pretty good job. I have never asked his political opinion, but I personally prefer to support local/small business whenever possible. Have you called around for estimates or are you going with 84 Lumber due to their emotional fishing commercial? If so, I guess they are getting their money's worth from their marketing department.
    i had a company in Dallas/Ft Worth area that i used for the last remodel. they were great and local to the area we were doing the work. this remodel is in Houston and in the past we've had trouble finding a reliable door vendor. just out of curiosity i googled 84 lumber to see where their locations are and low and behold, they have a door shop right down the street. I'll give them a call for an estimate. not to say i'll go with them. might still order from DFW place. will just have to arrange transportation in that case.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    vaggar99 said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

PJPOWER said:

dignin said:

PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

i had a company in Dallas/Ft Worth area that i used for the last remodel. they were great and local to the area we were doing the work. this remodel is in Houston and in the past we've had trouble finding a reliable door vendor. just out of curiosity i googled 84 lumber to see where their locations are and low and behold, they have a door shop right down the street. I'll give them a call for an estimate. not to say i'll go with them. might still order from DFW place. will just have to arrange transportation in that case.
    Right on, just out of curiosity though, are there locks on the doors? And if so, why? Oh, never mind, to keep illegal trespassers out. A door is pretty much a barrier/wall. What are you afraid of???
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    haha..yes it will have an electronic combination lock on the door. its to keep thieves from stealing our employees purses. not quite the same as a person crossing the desert in search of a better life for his/her family.
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    vaggar99 said:

haha..yes it will have an electronic combination lock on the door. its to keep thieves from stealing our employees purses. not quite the same as a person crossing the desert in search of a better life for his/her family.

I never thought about it that way. A 3000 km border wall is exactly the same door on my house. What a great point.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    dignin said:

vaggar99 said:

I never thought about it that way. A 3000 km border wall is exactly the same door on my house. What a great point.

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    vaggar99 said:

Lol, my ill attempt at humor on a Monday morning! On that note, though; I don't know if the atmosphere of fear has increased or if there are legitimately more threats now, but everyone I know used to always leave their doors unlocked. Cars, houses, everything. I do not know a single person that would do that now. Anyone else noticed that change? I would say that I started seeing that trend in the late 90s...are there more thieves or just more fear now? Personally, I always double check to see if my doors are locked now... I know that's way off subject...
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

Lol, my ill attempt at humor on a Monday morning! On that note, though; I don't know if the atmosphere of fear has increased or if there are legitimately more threats now, but everyone I know used to always leave their doors unlocked. Cars, houses, everything. I do not know a single person that would do that now. Anyone else noticed that change? I would say that I started seeing that trend in the late 90s...are there more thieves or just more fear now? Personally, I always double check to see if my doors are locked now... I know that's way off subject...
    just more fear. crime stats have decreased in the last 30-40 years. plus, no one had tv's the size of their living room wall back then.
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

More fear, more drug addiction leading to stealing for drug money, less respect for personal property due to belief that wealth should be shared with anyone less fortunate, increase in illegal immigration thereby inadvertent increase in criminal activity (some bad apples just coming with the bushel), more news sensationalism of crime, ? More wackos doing horrible acts of violence against others, etc. The world seems a lot scarier than when I grew up...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited February 2017
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

I never locked my door until a couple years ago when a drunk came in at about midnight thinking he was at his house. He then proceeded to argue with me for a few seconds telling me to get the fuck out of his house.

Plus we have a toddler who likes to open doors and wander and thankfully he hasn't figured out the deadbolt yet. We're paranoid he would make it outside in the middle of the night.

Post edited by dignin on
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:

vaggar99 said:

shoplifting seems to be more a problem then it was say 25 years ago. a contributing factor might be the infinite number of online outlets in which to resell goods (ebay, craigs list etc.).
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,303

mfc2006 said:

mcgruff10 said:

PP193448 said:

PP193448 said:

Forget the wall. Fix the current system that doesn't work. Revamp the welfare system and immigration. If your not a citizen, you don't get free anything. If you are a criminal you get deported. Stop the fleecing of American generosity. Oh and that applies to the citizens of this country too. Change welfare into workfare. If immigrants have children here that instantly become US citizens because they were born here, then allow them to go through the process to become legal citizens. Encourage them to be responsible citizens and help pay their dues, including taxes. There are many people that don't do this. It's a growing problem. It's not going to fix itself. But building a wall will not solve anything. It will just temporize the problem. Stop government incompetency. This obviously would include Trump.

I agree & would add if you are an illegal immigrant and want legal status you should be mandated to serve in the armed forces for 4 yrs to gain legal status ..
    I'm not sure of a mandate, but this could be a viable option...
    Yeah... Cause what you want in your armed forces are people who are there involuntarily.

Me being an immigrant and knowing exactly how it feels not to be documented I'd say slot of young folks would voluntarily go for it , i said the government should say to illegals if you want path to citizenship you have to serve for 4 yrs otherwise you will stand to be deported if caught by immigration dept ....
    Where are you from Jose?
    Chile
    one of my oldest friends is from there. we went to grade school & jr high together here in the states. Now, he's back there...and I need to get down there for a visit!
    You should it's an awesome country as far as natural beauty is concerned awesome coastline & monumental mountain range !
    plus they make a mean pinot in chile.... :)

No doubt yes love my Chilean Reds ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    amazing. just saw an employment commercial for customs border patrol......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,793
    mickeyrat said:

amazing. just saw an employment commercial for customs border patrol......

brought to you by the party of small government ®
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • Options
    IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    President Trump said it's going to be a "beautiful" wall. Why are we not excited?

Also, Iraqi oil Can pay for the wall.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    edited March 2017
    Idris said:

President Trump said it's going to be a "beautiful" wall. Why are we not excited?

It's going to be a beautiful time in Vietnam.

It's going to be a beautiful war on drugs.

When you add the word beautiful to an implicitly not-beautiful action, it does not make it beautiful. Especially with a snake oil salesman with a history of lying and cheaply creating products (steaks, education, etc), his words are actually underneath CNN and Fox in terms of trustworthiness.

Also, do you understand anything about budgeting? Iraqi oil can also pay for things that matter and help more.

Post edited by benjs on
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    benjs said:

Idris said:

When you add the word beautiful to an implicitly not-beautiful action, it does not make it beautiful. Especially with a snake oil salesman with a history of lying and cheaply creating products (steaks, education, etc), his words are actually underneath CNN and Fox in terms of trustworthiness.

Also, do you understand anything about budgeting? Iraqi oil can also pay for things that matter and help more.

I'm sure the oil will pay for other things too. But for now, the wall.

I was just making a comment on how we could pay for the wall.

Oil is an option. We are the USA. We can take what we like, Who's gonna stop us? Canada?

I also want to make a note..while talking about iraq, I gotta say that it's amazing to see mr George W Bush on talk shows and people showing so much respect for him.

So many people hated him while he was in office. People called him a killer, war criminal, and this county is so great we are able to forgive him...

Post edited by Idris on
  • Options
    Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

Oil is an option. We are the USA. We can take what we like, Who's gonna stop us? Canada?

I also want to make a note..while talking about iraq, I gotta say that it's amazing to see mr George W Bush on talk shows and people showing so much respect for him.

So many people hated him while he was in office. People called him a killer, war criminal, and this county is so great we are able to forgive him...

Wow.

I hope you were messing with us when you said, "We are the USA. We can take what we like, Who's gonna stop us? Canada?"

Do you really feel that way? Like... really?

(I left your fumbled grammar as is and quoted your words exactly as you spewed them out)

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,614
    Fuck George W. Bush and Dick Cheney. They should both be in jail.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,891

Why is that exactly? I ve voted democrat every year since my first time voting in 96 and see no reason to send either to jail 8 years after they were in office.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options

Idris said:

benjs said:

Idris said:

Wow.

I hope you were messing with us when you said, "We are the USA. We can take what we like, Who's gonna stop us? Canada?"

Do you really feel that way? Like... really?

(I left your fumbled grammar as is and quoted your words exactly as you spewed them out)

Don't you see? Grammar has nothing to do with anything here, And here you are..Talking about my grammar.

(of course I'm trying to prove a point)
    -
    That is one of the reasons We have Trump.

And yes...I'm SERIOUS. I'm not *Messing YOU or anyone else.

• Options

Why?
  • Options
    Crimes against humanity.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

Crimes against humanity.

Well we can direct blame towards Obama for them not being in jail.

Obama should also be locked up.
  • Options

Crimes against humanity.

How so? Are we charging fdr too?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Crimes against humanity.

That's hilarious.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

Crimes against humanity.

That's hilarious.
    Hilarious because fdr knew Pearl Harbor was gonna happen which resulted in 400,000 anerican deaths?
    Why charge W and Cheney?
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

mcgruff10 said:

Crimes against humanity.

That's hilarious.
    Hilarious because fdr knew Pearl Harbor was gonna happen which resulted in 400,000 anerican deaths?
    Why charge W and Cheney?
    True. I think we need to look at our history to remind ourselves of what we are..